[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/po/ - Papercraft & Origami

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

I had a question but none of the existing threads are really too relevant so I thought making a general help thread from the get-go (beyond what’s in the welcome thread) would be good so even if my question gets answered the thread can be used for other people’s questions

I’m making a papercraft where I want to paint part of it gold for some extra pop, but I want neat and clean lines. I’ve seen a lot of artists use washi tape to do this in their art and I want something similar, but I have inkjet prints and don’t want any of the ink to lift up. Any tape recommendations? Or possibly other techniques? I’ve done some googling but I don’t wanna take my chances with buying a ton of tape just to test it.
>>
>>610550
Blue tape shouldnt lift it,I can check masking tape when i get home if you want, i have an HP2700 inkjet too.

Could also just use a ruler to separate where you do and don't want lines.
>>
>>610552
If you’re able to test it that would be great! I already have the paint so I would prefer that (since a ruler can move around and I’m using a brush) but if worse comes to shove I’ll just look into buying a paint pen and using the ruler with that
>>
>>610553
I'll come back to this thread later then, i work for another like 7 hours, I'll leave the tape on for awhile too before tryna pull it off.

funny capchta TRS0S
>>
>>610553
So I'm a little late, I didnt notice any tearing after leaving it on for like 30 minutes, for security tho I would suggest just trying yourself with some masking tape, its cheap couple bucks a roll. Its what I use for Airbrushing and it doesnt seem to rip up airbrush paint for the record.
>>
>>610550
Does anyone know if there are any Cospa papercraft templates online? I think they're typically plastic, but I've heard that there's templates online. Pic related is what they look like.
>>
>>610566
Sorry for not responding, was very busy.
Thanks for the advice! I’ll just test with some different tapes when I get the chance and post my results

>>610567
There’s a template by NC Empire, just scroll down a bit and you’ll find it
https://ncempire.net/download
>>
Have you tried using gold paper?
>>
>>610550
I am looking for a format to make an cut out of samurai armor made of cardboard, if someone has the instructions please post it. I didn’t wan to make a new thread only for that
>>
Booth.pm has origami and papercraft .If you know the name of the models of the artist ,mostly Twitter and Instagram .but in Korean or Japanese
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVPplOUDAe4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSesWQ-51ZM
any tips on doing this fold? I'm pretty new to origami and this is killing me. I just want to make something cool for my girlfriend.
>>
Bilibili and NicoNico both video anime type apps have alot of paper craft videos
>>
>>610550
Your finna seethe though
>>
Have you tried using gold paper??
>>
>>610550
I'm stuck on step 13 of Robert Lang's crab from "Origami Zoo". Pic related.
I also don't know how that fucking triangle in the middle exists suddenly. It makes no sense whatsoever.
>>
>>619959
Never mind, I figured it out. I think he left out an important part of these steps. The triangle in the middle was the key for what I was doing wrong. I KNEW I had done everything correct up to this point, so it was just about figuring out what I missed.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.