[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/po/ - Papercraft & Origami

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Post paper scale models. I'm currently working on one of picrel, currently cutting out structural supports
>>
File: Sd Kfz 251 D.pdf (2.31 MB, PDF)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB PDF
Sd. Kfz. 251 to get thread started. Anyone here build scale models?
>>
>>615948
ive always been more into anime stuff for it, im in a few facebook groups and they all seem to focus on scale models

Would you say these are pretty difficult?
>>
File: 04.jpg (2.27 MB, 5492x3839)
2.27 MB
2.27 MB JPG
>>615955
Depends. There are some easy models like Ojimak's and some that are insanely difficult. I know the most about planes, but feel free to post other scale models as well.
Picrel is part of the instructions for Fly Model's Avro Vulcan. They're one of the more complex modellers.
Do you build any scale models of anime stuff, anon? Gundams and such?
>>
>>615955
Its Effin hard..and quite boring..only for hardcores..
anime models are easy..
>>
>>615960
Hard? Yes, but I'm not very good. Boring? Definitely not. It depends on how much detail you want, the GPM An-26 has individual seatbelts for the passengers. Other, smaller-scale models usually only have the shape of the plane, maybe the cockpit and some armament. Ojimak is pretty ez
>>
>>615962
Thats bcz youre skilled and its your genre..and ill just give up making the same stairs, seats, pipes, wheels, rigging and whatever else repetitive damm thing for what it feels like gazzilion times..i tried building ship before..even the one i manage to finish are ugly as sh1t..
Why don't you post your works here so op and everyone else can see what theyll be dealing with..
>>
>>615966
I am OP. My works are currently all in progress. I'm buiIding an S-3 Viking
Honestly not very experienced, started this thread to talk to a few others in the hobby to see if I could pick up any tips. I get the repetition, I hate it too. But I like the finished product enough to keep going. What do you build, anon?
>censors shit on 4chan of all places
kekked
>>
>>615980
I built them papermodel ijn ships..if you can call it scale model..
Its relatively easy..but still hard and bored the crap out of me and it still looks like shit when i finish it..wouldnt touch even ojimaks with a Ten pole stick..lol
A lot of FB groups, usually them eastern Europe ones concentrated on scale models..the REALLY hard ones and their skills are Effin insane..i don't even dare post my works there..lol
>>
>>616027
Yeah, Eastern Europe is maximum difficulty. All the brightest minds in scale modelling are there. I aspire to be that level of dedicated.
Hey, even if you think it's not hot, I'd love to see your ship, anon.
>>
>>616039
This is my ijn mikasa from papermodel.jp
>>
>>616039
This is ijn akitsushima..
Im really not good at this..
>>
>>616057
looks quite nice, anon. what's with the image in the top left. how big are these models?
>>
>>616080
its pic of akitsushima from kantai collection..
about 30 cm.. that tile is 20x20
>>
Anyone got a CV33 template? Any variant works.
>>
https://jsc.pl/en/

Just added a bunch of stuff to their site
>>
>>616093
nice
>>616087
like the light tank?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.