[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/po/ - Papercraft & Origami

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Came here because a new friend of mine is into cosplay.
>She brings up she loves to do paper craft cosplay.

What are the benefits to paper cosplay rather than doing 3D printed parts as most original cosplayers do. Could go on a cosplay forum but I’d figure why not both
>>
>>616628
Material cost probably, most cosplay armor patters already use Pepakura to make the pattern too which is the main software for making papercraft to begin with.
>>
>>616628
-freedom
- cheaper
- more effort
>>
>>616628
>original cosplayers
Probably not the term i would use as 3D printing is still new. OG cosplayers used eva foam. But like everyone else has said it def comes down to cost
>>
The main difference is weight. A paper costume piece is going to be much lighter if you're going to be wearing it all day. You're going to have to put in about as much surface work either way to get them looking good, and surfacing the paper well can make it nearly as durable as the plastic. As for cost, the material isn't actually super expensive, the real hidden cost is time. A costume piece could take multiple days of printing
>>
>>616628
Also tbf if youre going to go through the trouble of printing off the paper templates, youre better off learning to do foam
>>
>>616663
I got a book about working with Foam for cosplay if you want I can email it to you
>>
>>616664
Not OP, but can you email it to me
elwan150@zohomail.com
Thx

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.