[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Hobbithome.jpg (754 KB, 1600x901)
754 KB
754 KB JPG
Hey guys, was pondering an idea if you owned a piece of land. Would you be taxed if you built a hobbit home on it? Technically its just a hole in the ground, pretty hard to made that identify as a structure. Also material would be cheaper than building a home and it keeps your place quite cool and warm during the seasons. Any of you guys tried this or knew someone that did?
>>
>>472791076
Yes. AMA
>t hobbit
>>
Land rights have a depth limit. Depends on where you live.
>>
>>472791076
>you owned a piece of land. Would you be taxed
Yes.
It's called property tax, and it's the most jewish thing ever concocted. You don't own ANY piece of land you paid for, because you're just renting it from the government.
>>
Also, I lived in coober pedy, its cheaper than building and you can rent the machinery. Its around 23° year round underground. Plus you can stay on the dole because mining isnt classed as a regular income.
>>
>>472791132
Sent some feet pics

>>472791151
How deep? If it was in the side of a small hill you had on your land this could potentially be avoided.

>>472791154
I get that, im talking about a tax on your own physical home rather than the land
>>
>>472791317
That sounds awesome man. This is probably in the outback areas though eh?
>>
File: fox 2.jpg (192 KB, 688x1434)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>>472791076
Building a real home would likely be a lot less cost and effort than trying to build something underground. But do feel free to grab you a shovel and get moving on this. Easier to ask forgiveness than permission.
>>472791154
How much property tax did you pay this year?
>>
>>472791154
>the most jewish thing ever concocted
Idk about the most, have you heard of unrealized capital gains taxes? Basically soon they will be able to devalue the dollar, inflate the price of your home and charge you sales tax on it's inflated value before you sell it.

You will own nothing.
>>
>>472791479
Yeah, it's a long way from anything. Lots of black fellas and various eastern euros and sea asians.
>>
>>472791615
There are as many positive loop holes too. I have an offset account and clain my fucking aircon as a business expense.
Talk to (pay, otherwise theyre not liable) a usiness coach or a broker.
>>
File: train abandoned.jpg (179 KB, 960x642)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>472791589
Well i figured either the hobbit hole or like those very small homes that are like 50,000 usd in the states. Then over time slowly build extra parts to that home and make it the size you want. Or a trailer, but i wouldn't want to raise a family in that my whole life.

>>472791658
I see, well glad your doing alright.
>>
>>472791911
>those very small homes that are like 50,000 usd in the states.
Those were designed to be a tax dodge for hipsters on the left coast because if it's on wheels it doesn't count as a house or some shit. IDK what they do up your way but here all zoning and property tax is done by the town. Here it's easy enough to find "unincorporated territories" where you pay only a couple hundred bucks a year in property tax (to the county) and those places you can typically do whatever the fuck you want on your land. You'll likely need to be well away from the Hustle and Bustle (TM) if you want to find this though as actual citizens won't want their next door neighbor to be some filthy bum living in a CONEX or a broken down bus and shitting in the yard.
>>
>>472791154
>Concocted
Nice vocabulary. Also, taxes are gay.
>>
>>472791793
What are you trying to say? I have a business, an accountant, and a lawyer, I write off everything I legally can. That in no way correlates to what I said about unrealized capital gains.

Are you drunk, Bruce?
>>
>>472793982
They're just using the system, same as you.
>>
You must hide the digging process somehow. The moment you rent big machinery Picrel was dug over the course of years by hand, very /comfy/ and thermally stable, but this case is taking advantage of the rocky ground in order to make it work.
Look into the law to identify what makes a structure a structure, consult a lawyer if necessary.

Instead of building a hobbit home just for the sake of it look into alternative materials and building techniques which adapt to your climate, topography, available materials, soil, etc. Underground homes are great for managing the dry heat from the Sun, but if you live in a tropical and humid area you must instead maximize airflow, so a the reverse would be the best option, a house on stilts like some beach homes.

I know a couple in Ensenada (Baja California) who are building their house out of cob, they dug about a meter and also dug a much deeper hole for a natural pond. The sand and clay-rich soil which they got from all the excavation mixed with straw is being used for the walls. The angles of the walls and pond serve to cool the house during summer and reflect the sunlight into the walls during winter.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.