[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1000012265.jpg (25 KB, 480x360)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
the most popular image people have of hell is an inferno or lake of lava where god will punish people eternally. However, this is not biblical at all. hell is a translation of 'Sheol' (Hebrew) or 'Hades' (Greek) and is meant to mean 'grave'. it is not a firery inferno that people burn in, but instead a dark, shadowy, and silent realm that the spirits of the dead reside who don't attain eternal life (heaven)

The idea of 'hell' being a place of fire, lava and tortue that one goes there eternally just for not believing in God or the correct 'God' etc doesn't make sense for a God who is supposed to be 'merciful' unless that person was so extreamly evil when they lived. This was influenced by medieval art and literature such as 'Dantes Inferno'.
>>
File: IMG_4892.png (153 KB, 443x455)
153 KB
153 KB PNG
>>472898458
The Lord Jesus himself likened it to a burning landfill where the bodies of criminals were given an unmarked grave to be forgotten, you don’t want to go
>>
>>472898458
The Lake of Fire is in the book of Revelation dumb ass. It's a part of Hell. Sometimes it is referred to simply as "Hell" in the Bible. Read the Bible.
>>
>>472898458
absence from God is a torment you dont understand....you think clown world is bad. There was a videogame about hell. Cant remember the name, but its a place you really dont want to be.

I remember the game is called agony
>>
>>472898458
Shalom OP. It’s “God” not “god”. I denounce your talmud.
>>
>>472899159
dumb christkike loser
>>
>>472898458
dumbest take today
>>
>>472898458
Heaven and Hell are matters of perspective. The only thing that changes is your consciousness. When you're ready to change it you will, until that time, you will remain in hell. How will you know you may ask? You will know when you decide to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F002ml8WW0A
>>
>>472898458
The Lake of Fire is real, however it won't burn forever. The wicked will be destroyed in the fire, never to be evermore.
>>
>>472898994
In the translated English versions of the bible, sure. however, many meanings and definitions can be changed when you attempt to translate something. However, when you look at an original manuscript version of the bible in Greek or Hebrews, it is going to have Sheol or Hades in place of hell. Modern English language bibles are going to have a translation that fits in with the medieval art and literature understanding of hell rather than the original.
>>
In the end of revelations it says the serpent and all the judged will be tossed into the eternal fire, which is the second death. The fire is eternal, those cast within are not
>>
>>472898458
The name of Hell you're looking for is Gehenna. What Jesus was referring to. Try harder.
>>
>>472898458
Repeat this out loud three times

I am wee Todd did
I am sofa king wee todd did.
>>
File: IMG_4675.jpg (215 KB, 819x412)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>472899683
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers,and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death
>>
>>472900013
Shut the fuck up Andy.
Fucking kike.
>>
>>472898458
It is. Jesus talked about hell and he did used fire, flames and heat as a reference many times, ''eternal fire ''. He also talked about having a huge thirst for water, biggest thirst than anything that human can experience on Earth. It sounds like the worst possible place to be.
Bible has been corrupted in modern age to sound more politically correct, but part about hell is very clear and mentioned many times

''It is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell of fire.''
>>
>>472898458
You only think its fake because you’re among the people thrown in
>>
>>472901093
I don't think it is fake, I think our/many peoples understanding of it is fake and perverted.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.