[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Flag_of_Canada.svg.png (10 KB, 1280x640)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
Canadians have very little, if any, say in the policies that shape the course of their lives. We vote once every few years on a politician who may or may not deliver on some of his promises. The only recourse is to wait until the next election and to hope the next guy will fix things. We need a system where we have full political control i.e over (X percentage of population) amount of signatures triggers a referendum. There is literally no better way
>>
>>474380462
It could work after dozens of workarounds to avoid morons and criminals fully taking over again.
>>
>>474380462
Make beloved and acclaimed Canadian actress Sarah Gadon the Prime Minister
>>
>>474380802
who's this fuckin idiot?
>>
>>474381040
I'm here to post beloved and acclaimed Canadian actress Sarah Gadon.
>>
>>474380462
democracy is the magical belief that aggregating ignorance from retards somehow leads to wisdom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFgcqB8-AxE
>>
>>474381666
>democracy is the magical belief that aggregating ignorance from retards somehow leads to wisdom
fecal stained hands typed this, the aroma of sulfur replete.
>>
>>474382044
my ancestors came to Canada in the 1600s, i'm just not stupid enough to believe that the average person should be trusted with quite literally any question of governance when they are barely literate.
>>
>>474382467
>when they are barely literate.
Then you would prefer to see some basic requirements such as literacy before one could have the privilege of participating?
Anything else?
>>
>>474383255
it's a fundamentally broken system with no redeeming qualities.
it doesn't even work as advertised.
whatever we vote for, the rich do as they like while entertaining us with political fads.

collective movements are possible. voting for some puppet chosen by the rich is not a collective movement.

i haven't voted in a very long time and refuse to until one of these tools actually proposes to fix a single thing wrong with this country.
>>
>>474383828
>it's a fundamentally broken system with no redeeming qualities.
I was asking what else you needed to qualify someone as being capable of participating in Direct Democracy.
You have suggested a degree of literacy is required. What else do you think is required to make it palatable to someone of your disposition?
>>
Trudeau net worth pre pandemic
$10 million

Trudeau net worth post pandemic
$350 million +
>>
>>474383828
so we're in agreement that direct democracy is a better system. It's a check against corruption. And if the citizens vote for/against some policy or whatever, and it ends up disastrously, then they can undo that decision by creating a petition with X votes, calling a referendum, and voting to undo that fuck-up

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.