[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

young aspiring artist applies to art school in 1907,gets rejected twice

26 years later,oops
>>
File: 1721962677339209.jpg (665 KB, 2044x950)
665 KB
665 KB JPG
While visually appealing, upon closer inspection things start to seem "off". A.H. did not have the basics of 2D perspective down. This is very basic stuff that people learn from the beginning of their art career. You can take faces of the buildings that should be all converging to the same focal point, but they don't. There may have been some imperfections to the building with some of the structure settling, but I see this in every painting he's done.
>>
File: 1721962677339209.jpg (692 KB, 2044x950)
692 KB
692 KB JPG
>>475683325
the other focal point added
>>
Nice art
>>
File: picasso-doramaar.jpg (411 KB, 673x800)
411 KB
411 KB JPG
>>475683325
Yeah he should've just painted garbage like pic rel to get accepted in with all the fart sniffers.
>>
>>475683325
You drew a bunch of random lines
Anyway that's why it's called art SCHOOL
Heil Hitler
>>
>>475683581
nice made up lines, literally not how any of this works though, masters draw from their brains, not by drawing "focal point" lines
>>
>>475683690
This is where "rightwing" (A.H. was clearly a collectivist, so forgive me for using this term) people fail. I don't understand how a people can be so fluent in memes but still fail in understanding the visual arts. If you wanted a realistic image, you can simple take a photograph. Art is about communicating an idea and it allows for abstractions that stray away from realistic media, allowing you to contort and exaggerate features to place emphasis on what you're trying to communicate. It's especially puzzling, but the Italians, with whom they were allied, were not stuck in the same trap as you are.

Take a look at this portrait of Mussolini super-imposed over the Italian landscape. Photorealistic? Not really. Interesting? I think so. Is it communicating anything? It's kinda saying "Mussolini is Italy" or "the face of Italy".
>>475683738
>You drew a bunch of random lines
No, I traced over A.H.'s lines and showed that they do not converge to a focal point, which is why it feels off.
>>475684031
>nice made up lines
Feel free to replicate my process. You'll find yourself that the lines do not converge to a focal point.
>>
>>475683325
It's almost like that's what going to school is for, to learn how to improve.

Who would have thought?
>>
File: vol5ch3fate.jpg (51 KB, 350x483)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>475684461
I think he showed tremendous skill, but he also demonstrated basic knowledge of 2D perspective. Besides, A.H. had a higher calling. He had a country to lead.
Kentaro Miura said it best:
>In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of God hovering above? At least it is true that man has no control, even over his own will.
He just wasn't meant to be a painter.
>>
>>475685053
>but he also demonstrated basic knowledge of 2D perspective.
*lack of basic knowledge
>>
File: 1602586135953.jpg (44 KB, 602x460)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>475682335

Hitler started the trolley problem meme?
>>
>>475685323
No, it was Philippa Foot. But she was inspired by an Austrian philospher Ludwig Wittgenstein who was born 6 days after Hitler. So... close.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.