[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_6361.jpg (138 KB, 1001x667)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
I was over at my uncle's place in Ohio, helping him fix his tractor. He lives in the heart of coal country, and we decided to take a break at the local diner, the kind where the daily special is always meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

The news came on announcing that Kamala Harris had just secured the Democratic nomination. The diner's owner, who usually has Fox News blaring and a "Trump 2024" bumper sticker on his truck, suddenly put down his coffee.

"Well, I'll be damned," he said. "Never thought I’d see the day. You know, she’s actually done a lot for the environment and clean energy. My solar panels are saving me a ton!"

The regulars, a mix of coal miners and retired factory workers, paused, forks in mid-air. The grizzled veteran at the corner table, who still wears his Vietnam cap, nodded thoughtfully.

"I reckon she's got some good ideas about healthcare too," he added. "Maybe it's time for a change."

The room was silent for a moment, then slowly, almost grudgingly, a few heads started to nod. Even the toughest guy in the room, Big Jim, muttered something about giving her a fair shot as he stuffed another piece of meatloaf into his mouth.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.