[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What is the “main story” of geopolitics and history?
>>
>>475689939
BBC vs small wh*te penis
>>
>>475689939
>Start repeating history
>tell yourself it will turn out different this time
>it turns out exactly the same
>repeat until sun burns out
>>
File: 1716064672473687.png (2.71 MB, 2056x1542)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB PNG
>>475689939
we just got past the prologue but the main plot is about the autists and their robowAIfu's.
>>
>>475690134
I can’t explain why but your post reeks of ignorance
>>
>>475689939
>What is the “main story” of geopolitics and history?
I reject the framing of this question.
The very notion that human history has a "story" with set goals is based on dialectical historic materialism, a part of marxist ideology.
>>
>>475690262
isn’t a “story” just a progression of events? where there is time there is story
Marxism specifically espouses the idea of “taking two steps backward to take one step forward,” destroying the current framework to establish a new one. This idea is dialectically opposed to the idea of a main story
>>
>>475690468
>isn’t a “story” just a progression of events? where there is time there is story
I reject that human history has a "story" in the sense that there is an overarching narrative with clear "good guys" and "bad guys" in an eternal struggle of good vs evil.
>>475690468
>Marxism specifically espouses the idea of “taking two steps backward to take one step forward,”
I disagree, they just use historical materialism to revise history in a way that supports their narrative.
>>
>>475690249
>I can’t explain why
Because you don't read history.
>>
>>475690747
>revise history in a way that supports their narrative.
this is taking 2 steps back to take 1 step forward.
>>475690750
The part that sticks out to me is the implication that nothing carries on from era to era. I think there is a progression that you’re overlooking
>>
>>475691269
>this is taking 2 steps back to take 1 step forward.
if you think "backwards" and "forwards" are directions that history is moving, then you're trapped in a framing device that is just as materialistic as theirs is.
>>
>>475689939
People are assholes
>>
>>475691269
The reason history never changes is that human nature never does. People will always do the same things in the same situations, creating the same patterns and cycles. New technology doesn't make a difference in this because people will always use new tech for the same old purposes
>>
>>475689939
BWC vs small shitskin penis
>>
>>475691725
Is evolution a material “framing device” because it is an observable “moving forward”? I think the answer is no.
>>475691809
I think tech is a downstream benefit of the progressive cultivation of knowledge, both scientific and spiritual.
>>
>>475689939
in the beginning, there was only suck

then with great effort over many generations, it sucked differently

>verification not required
>>
>>475692363
>Is evolution a material “framing device” because it is an observable “moving forward”? I think the answer is no.
it's not an observable "moving forward" in the sense that there's any particular end goal.

The "end goal" of marxist historical materialism is, basically, communism is good, and therefore preferable, and therefore inevitable, any historical event which accelerates this inevitability toward fruition is therefore """good history""" which should be taught and replicated.
>>
>>475693022
We equate progress and forward movement as synonymous, and evolution(or adaptation) is certainly a progression.

There is no end goal of Marxism other than establishment of a worldwide Marxist government. Although, no Marxist leader has ever put that “end goal” at the forefront of their intentions.
Marxism is a natural form that any system of distribution can take, and it is a highly accessible form in a political sense because humans innately cede group control to those that are perceived as more powerful. Whereas western philosophy trains us to be individually minded, rejecting the idea that political power is always a result of competence.
>>
>>475692363
Evolution is a good comparison because it isn't moving towards anything, there is no end goal for evolution. It is just a response to whatever environment organisms are living and reproducing in, there is never one perfect organism that evolution achieves and then credits roll.
>>
>>475689939
Jesus Christ is Lord.
>>
>>475692363
what is evolution and when did it start go get shilled and by whom. and for what purpose. you sound like well read empty headed npc.
>>475690134
correct
>>
>>475693854
>Evolution is a good comparison because it isn't moving towards anything, there is no end goal for evolution. It is just a response to whatever environment organisms are living and reproducing in, there is never one perfect organism that evolution achieves and then credits roll.
This is why I used the word “adaptation” elsewhere in the thread.
Do you argue there is no observable progression when it is fact that humans have evolved to dedicate an extreme amount of energy to developing the brain? Our skulls have to compensate for brain size, and we have the longest dependency period of any animal so that we can let our brain grow. This is all clearly not necessary, when we could be devoting our energy growing muscles and better teeth. We have clearly outperformed other animals, implying a maximally useful path or “ideal” path of evolution.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.