[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_6765.jpg (577 KB, 1170x969)
577 KB
577 KB JPG
I’ve worked in biotech for years and everybody has always wanted to be called by their first name

But the head of my kid’s elementary school has a doctorate in education and suddenly it’s “Doctor Shitfart” to me???

Why are these people so insecure
>>
>>475766126
They are not worthy of respect, so they demand it.
>>
>>475766126
They can’t let their work speak for itself like you can in a technical profession
>>
>>475766523
fpbp. I have a PhD and never go by doctor, or tell anyone I have a PhD.
>>
>>475766633
Their work consists of being an un necessary speed bump.
>>
I like how medical doctors split the difference.

It's not "Bob" and it's not "Dr. Smith" either, it's "Dr. Bob"
>>
>>475766660
Did you take the vax?
>>
They call me Dr. Worm
>>
>>475766829
I respect people who take running our schools seriously but they need to realize they aren’t as special as they think
>>
File: dwe3d.png (2.76 MB, 1705x3552)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB PNG
>>475766126
a phd in education, social sciences or a honorary one is given out like candy. You'll often hear em talk about how they finished it in 1 or 2 years. That's absolute bullshit because the administrative shit you have to go through alone is gonna take you 2 years. And that is without accounting for any setbacks during experimentation or when the project you're on is in arrested development or some such fuckery. By the end of it, it's a pay increase that comes with more responsibility than it's worth and no one wants to remember it. It's akin to being promoted from E4 to E5. If someone in a STEM field tells you they finished their phD in less than 3 years, there is some major fuckery going on. If you're lucky you can get by gradschool doing little work, but it will still take you 3+ years to do it.
>t. molecular biologist
>>
>>475767112
he took the bbc
>>
People in those professions simply aren’t as unbothered as stemchads

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.