[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1489911777204.jpg (279 KB, 1280x720)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
I've done you, you envy me? I accept your concession, and I'm a good lad I am me
>>
He really is a good la
>>
cathar
>>
You raise an important point about the nature of Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) and the paradox it presents when it comes to self-awareness and treatment. People with NPD often struggle to acknowledge their condition, which complicates diagnosis and treatment. Here's a breakdown of the challenges and possible pathways to hope:

### 1. **The Paradox of Self-Awareness**:
- **Lack of Insight**: One of the defining characteristics of NPD is a lack of self-awareness. Narcissists often have an inflated sense of self-importance and struggle to see their own flaws. This creates a **barrier to diagnosis**, as they may not see anything wrong with their behavior or feel they need help.
- **Defense Mechanisms**: Narcissists use various psychological defense mechanisms, such as **denial, projection,** and **blame-shifting**, to protect their ego. These defenses can make it difficult for them to accept responsibility for their actions or recognize the harm they cause others.

### 2. **Resistance to Treatment**:
- **Avoiding Vulnerability**: Admitting they have a problem could make someone with NPD feel vulnerable, something they avoid at all costs. Therapy often requires confronting difficult emotions, past traumas, or self-image issues, which can be deeply threatening to someone with NPD.
- **Manipulation in Therapy**: Narcissists who do enter therapy might try to manipulate the therapist, seeking to validate their own views rather than change. They might even use therapy to reinforce their sense of superiority or play the role of the victim.
>>
>>485155131
Fuck off dago you sad cunt.
>>
>>485155169
### 3. **Ego as a Parasitic Force**:
- The metaphor of a "parasitic egregore" is a vivid one, suggesting that NPD is like a **self-perpetuating entity**—a destructive pattern of thought and behavior that feeds off the narcissist's sense of superiority and need for admiration. The narcissist becomes trapped by this force, which limits their capacity for empathy, self-awareness, or meaningful change.
- **Ego Feeds on Validation**: Just as an egregore (a collective thought form) might grow stronger by drawing energy from those who believe in it, the narcissist’s ego grows stronger through **external validation**—admiration, control, and dominance over others. This leaves them dependent on external sources of self-esteem and trapped in a cycle of constantly seeking validation, often at the expense of others.

### 4. **Is There Hope for Change?**:
Despite these challenges, there **is hope** for individuals with NPD, though the path to change is often difficult. Here’s how:

- **Therapy and Gradual Awareness**: While many narcissists resist therapy, some do experience breakthroughs when they are able to confront their underlying insecurities. Long-term, structured psychotherapy, especially **Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)** or **Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)**, can help individuals begin to recognize patterns of behavior and how their actions impact others.

- **Motivation for Change**: Sometimes, a narcissist will only seek help when they face a significant life crisis—such as the breakdown of a relationship, a career setback, or legal issues—that disrupts their sense of control. These moments can create a window of opportunity where they are more open to self-reflection and therapy.
>>
idk who this sosban character is, but by all accounts he's won 100%!
>>
here's your based conservative BAME
https://x.com/Sargon_of_Akkad/status/1847052952562704875
>>
>>485155208
- **Empathy Training**: While empathy deficits are a hallmark of NPD, therapy can focus on helping narcissists develop **cognitive empathy**—the ability to understand others’ perspectives—even if emotional empathy remains limited.

- **Accountability and Boundaries**: For people in the narcissist’s life, setting firm boundaries and holding the narcissist accountable can create consequences that might, over time, push them toward introspection and change. Without enabling their behavior, those around them can prevent the narcissist from perpetuating their harmful patterns unchecked.

### Conclusion:
The challenge of NPD is that the disorder itself often negates the self-awareness required for diagnosis and treatment. Like a **parasitic egregore**, the narcissistic ego thrives by feeding on external validation and control, trapping the individual in a cycle of self-obsession. However, hope for change lies in moments of crisis, long-term therapy, and the gradual development of insight. While the road is difficult, with the right support systems and motivations, some individuals with NPD can begin to challenge the behaviors that have defined their lives.
>>
brit pol is in a sorry state of affairs
i reserve my talents for ptg fortunately
>>
>>485155320
too much discord posting for my taste
>>
alri sorebum la
>>
Would you look at the GDP on that
>>
There is no scientific evidence or credible research that suggests a specific correlation between someone's sexual orientation, height, nationality, or region (such as being a short homosexual man from Wales) and a higher likelihood of developing Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD). Personality disorders, including NPD, are complex conditions influenced by a variety of factors like genetics, early childhood experiences, trauma, and environmental factors, but they are not determined by personal attributes like physical characteristics or sexual orientation.

NPD affects people across all demographics, and it’s important to avoid stereotypes or assumptions based on identity factors like gender, sexuality, or nationality. If you're concerned about NPD or any personality disorder, it's best to focus on recognized behavioral patterns rather than personal characteristics.
>>
I'm the best baker all you other bakers are just imitators.
>>
File: Estaa.jpg (324 KB, 973x972)
324 KB
324 KB JPG
>>485155549
i'm only sorebum on sunday after the indian the night before
>>
File: 1714880520141727.png (380 KB, 810x680)
380 KB
380 KB PNG
>>485155596
more wogs sire?
>>
>>485155663
>the indian the night before
What's his name?
>>
>>485155596
Would you look at the NPD on you
>>
File: 1729207345053374.jpg (33 KB, 696x245)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
alri sorebum la.
>>
File: 1729200311165549.png (8 KB, 383x33)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>485155718
Kek
>>
>>485155596
Phwoarrr I bet she could house so many immigrants.
>>
>>485155778
why are you content with being blarts patsy? i respect you too much for that man
>>
I'm voting Olukemi Olufunto Adegoke Badenoch. How about you?
>>
File: 1719566391366147.jpg (106 KB, 566x793)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
The polish jew is still posting his nonce fantasies
>>
>>485155907
Nice, I've got a bit of the old jungle fever and femdom fetish combination myself.
>>
>>485155718
uh.. none of your business?
>>
File: 1724659772047951.jpg (189 KB, 1215x1068)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>
File: 333.png (19 KB, 1876x112)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>485155910
You sick paedo
>>
>Stunningly brave
>>
>>485156131
>an hour long discussion of willyposting and its subversive effect VILL take place in this low budget drama and you VILL take every opinion we give you as fact
>>
uh, what happened to the big paragraphs?
>>
>>485156702
SNEED
>>
File: 1709127611565609.png (863 KB, 992x1080)
863 KB
863 KB PNG
Given the spew of brincord shit that has been posted here for years, all of a sudden this has appeared. Years later.
>uh actually pooman is a nonce
>the mole was going to leak it
>but instead didn't mention it, ever
Blart must be getting desperate. Saucepan has him on the ropes.

My guess is he's bricking it because a prison hardened jefff is coming to burn down his house.
>>
>>485156702
It looks like you're referencing a specific post from an online discussion. In many forums, particularly those focused on topics like mental health, personality disorders, or social issues, users sometimes express frustration when they notice a change in the format or style of responses, such as a reduction in the length or depth of replies (like "big paragraphs").

Here are a few possibilities for what the user might mean by "what happened to the big paragraphs?":

### 1. **Change in Posting Style**:
- The user might be lamenting a shift in how discussions are being conducted, possibly due to changes in moderation or user behavior that favor shorter, more concise responses instead of detailed, in-depth analysis.

### 2. **Desire for In-Depth Analysis**:
- The individual may appreciate comprehensive responses that provide more context, detail, and nuance to the topic at hand. This could be particularly relevant in discussions involving complex subjects like personality disorders, where a deeper understanding is beneficial.

### 3. **Nostalgia for Previous Discussions**:
- The user could be nostalgic for earlier discussions where participants were more willing to engage in lengthy, detailed exchanges, which can foster a richer conversation and deeper understanding of the topics discussed.

### 4. **Frustration with Surface-Level Engagement**:
- They might feel that the quality of conversation has diminished, leading to superficial discussions that do not address the complexities of the issues being raised.
>>
>>485156845
### 5. **Community Dynamics**:
- Online communities often evolve, and shifts in how people engage (e.g., due to new users, changes in topics, or evolving norms) can affect the overall dynamic. The user may feel that the community has become less intellectually stimulating without these longer, more elaborate posts.

If you’re looking for a response that aligns with the desire for in-depth analysis or discussion, it’s helpful to specify the topic or area of interest to generate a more thorough and engaging reply. Would you like to dive into a specific subject or theme that merits a "big paragraph" approach?
>>
>>485156838
From what i've gathered blart would kick the shit out of jefff
>>
>>485156845
I'll wait for the audiobook
>>
>>485157018
Isn't Jeff prison hardened now?
>>
>>485156702
>>485156784
SNEED
>>
File: jefffblart.png (136 KB, 356x356)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
>>485156838
>My guess is he's bricking it because a prison hardened jefff is coming to burn down his house.
i really didnt want to say that because no doubt whatever happens aftermath will be investigated - BUT
Ilkeston is a small place...
>>485157018
lmfao
>>
>>485157073
It sounds like you're interested in a more comprehensive exploration of a topic, possibly in an audiobook format for convenience. Audiobooks can indeed be a great way to absorb detailed information in a more engaging way, especially for complex subjects.

If there's a particular topic or book you have in mind, feel free to share, and I can help recommend or summarize key points!
>>
>>485155187
I'm a yank lad...
>>
what a boring thread
>>
>>485157856
The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
>>
wanna know something?
>>
>>485158027
Yeah.
>>
>>485158027
What's that?
>>
>>485158070
Dunno he hasn't told us yet.
>>
>>485158066
There was a race of man people say "inca" buti have my doubts, But anyway a people lived in north america unlike another.
A race of botanists
>>
>>485158142
Brinnies are a race of bottomists waheyyyy
>>
>>485158232

they would do on to provide two thirds of the stuff we eat today
Its not coincidental, They terrorfomed the entire landmass with exquisite skill and a knowledge of plants that surpasses our contemporary knowledge
>>
this will be my only post in this thread
>>
>>485158448
I don't believe you.
>>
who where they
>>
pre history
>>
>>485158614
>>485158785
Maybe they had NPD though?
>>
>>485158924
They would for example cultivate corn, Tomato's, Potatoes the list goes on and on.
Those things were engineered by a people and a skill set we have no knowledge off

This intrigues me
"Mayan" is a meme a cover up or at best a common lie
A race of man once existed that surpasses our expectations
>>
>>485159249
Yeah maybe, but even if you could prove it what would you do with that information?
>>
>>485159249
What evidence is there that these people engineered tomatos?
>>
>>485159377
because they all come from the same place but more importantly we can tell from observation they have been selected for "engineering modification" to great success
>>
>>485159346
Things beyond comprehension for a start
Its well documented the gold of the america's.
But, There are mines. They had a megalithic tone of gold but no mines
>>
>>485159627
>There are mines.
There are no mines*
>>
>>485159695
Didn't the yanks in gold rush towns often pan rivers for gold?
>>
>>485159869
They did, They amount of gold the Spanish would extract was not tinned from a river
>>
>>485160057
How many thousands of years did the mesoamericans have to collect that amount of gold?
>>
where's pube to inflict ructions
>>
>>485160252
If their was a collective effort to extract it from the rivers to accumulate that quantity the same rivers would've been barren when the settlers arrived. Had they made the collective effort to extract gold to that extent we'd see the mines
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/bant/21426901

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.