[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: l04he.jpg (29 KB, 399x385)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
Whelp Cornette loved Danielson vs Ospreay. Drones lost.
>>
Why's it not spammed across the board lmao
>>
>>14391583
no he didnt
>>
still hate him
>>
>>14391583
>He's not cucknette when he praises the cult
Oof, you know AEW isn't actually a cult, right?
>>
File: 1713847944973501.webm (3.05 MB, 1280x720)
3.05 MB
3.05 MB WEBM
Why did he like this?
>>
>>14391583
Telling lies? Open your mouth.
>>
>>14391583
it was an amazing match
>>
>>14391624
No it wasnt. It was full of flippy shit, gymnastics, fake play wrestling, and both looked like flail women
>>
>>14391583
>we love cornette now
KWAB
>>
>>14391583
He did? I guess that means I loved it as well.
>>14391620
He didn't say that? I retract my love.
>>
>>14391605
cause it’s based
>>
>>14391645
maybe on planet retard
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFAxNkeezLQ
>>
>>14391583
>>14391684
He said he liked it but he spent all of his review trashing on Meltzer
>>
>>14391684
lol at the comments. They actually agree that it was good just because Corny liked it? I guess gayew troons were right after all. There are a lot of gayew haters who just hate things because this fat fuck hated it. I thought Assplay was the worst part about the match but Cucknette liked it so his paypigs love it too. They'll even say gay shit like "I don't normally like aew matches but dis 1 astchully gud."
>>
Pretty interesting review. Qrd:
>danielson is a dimeless geek but in a good way
>ospreay is only as good as his opponent. Gives Danielson all the credit for this match
>this match would impress casual fans, isn't embarrassing nonsense like most aew matches
>ospreay could have succeeded in wwe but aew will waste him because of poor booking
>okada and mercedes were bad signings but ospreay has talent
>takeshita is better than okada in every way
>ospreay has already faced everyone in his stable so if he turns face it will all be rematches. khan sucks at booking
>>
>>14392046
I still don't "get" Okada.
>>
>>14391605
this is awesome. why are you posting this like it's bad?
>>
>>14391846
>Cornette has a bias! He hates everything AEW!
>Okay, so he liked this, but that's bad somehow! Further proof of bias from him and his fans!
Come on.
>>
Actually trannies lost because it legitimizes his criticisms. You can no longer handwave them by painting him as biased against AEW and unwilling to give credit where it's due.
>>
>>14391605
Romanetty could never
>>
>>14392071
Okada had the best match and best character work and structure of the show. Everything was done well, nothing embarrassing. Only issue I had was they get up way too quick after tombstones, even if they collapse after, let a big move like that breath more.
>>
>>14391605
That's actually that type of wrestling done right, whether it's your cup of tea or not. What's embarrassing is scrawny talentless faggots like Adam Cole or The Young Bucks trying to copy it and failing.
>>
>>14391591
he didnt not
>>
>>14391605
This Marvel shit is just embarrassing to watch
>>
>Corny sez they ought to give Takeshita Okada’s money cuz Okada sure ain’t earning it
As an Okada mark it’s especially painful to agree with Cornette on this
>>
File: Fatty.jpg (160 KB, 971x707)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>14391583
Sure Fatty.
>>
>>14391583
>Cornette has no kids
>going to leave his wealth to his dog
Yea what an amazing guy
>>
>>14391583
He loves all Danielson shit and Ospreay. What are you talking about?
>>
>>14391583
>cornette liked it
oh no no no no gayewbros....we have to stop liking it now........or else we're agreeing with a racist sexist bigot cuck..........
>>
>>14392071
He’s 80’s Hogan half-assing it for millions in the states because he’s already built a reputation and doesn’t have to sawdust himself trying to impress the much more discerning Japanese.
>>
>>14391605
They built up to the zany shit. There’s tonnes of context you’re missing
>>
File: bbwsQvb86I6h2muQ.webm (2.91 MB, 640x360)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB WEBM
>>
>>14392195
I've already seen a few trannies on here saying Ospreay vs Take-a-shit was better kek
>>
>>14392127
its no different you fucking nigger
>>
>>14392276
It is
Danielson is a real wrestler and a professional that knows what should be done in the ring, and Ospreay has a good look compared to those geeks
>>
ospreay losing his fanbase, bros.....cornette ruined it.....quick....roll....the....tape......real glass.....
>>
>>14392308
honestly when faggots on here put Bryan fucking Danielson on the same low scale as Adam Cole and Johnny Gargano it makes me cringe
how can they be so clueless and stupid is beyond me
>>
>>14392276
It's night and day, you have to be blind to not see it. I don't even watch AEW but I have seen plenty of clips of geeks over there trying routines like this way beyond their skill level and it looks like shit. These two look good, it's fast, snappy, precise, not a move out of place.
>>
>>14391605
the only reason you think this looks bad is because you're overly familiar with pro-wrestling and how it works, so you understand how choreographed a spot like this is, and thus how cooperative it is, and therefore you think it's exposing the business
most people aren't terminally online wastes of their fathers' protein though, so they're not gonna look at that sequence like that. I guarantee you if you showed that clip to someone who doesn't watch wrestling, most would think it looked cool. that's what retards like you don't get, you're so far up your own ass you don't realize you're the biggest, fattest, smelliest smark out there. you smarks that think you aren't smarks are the worst. take a shower.
>>
>>14391583
that match had a shit load of old school meat in it
jimmy couldn't hate it
>>
>>14392378
promo's good
>>
>>14391605
most of the match looked nothing like that. that was clearly a nod to that stupid ricochet ospreay sequence that went viral like 10 years ago. their obsession with muh 30 minute classics forces them to shove in shit like that as filler. if they went 15 minutes and cut out all the bullshit like the goofy little kicks and the fighting spirit cringe and that godawful test of strength spot no one would be objecting to calling this a really good match.
>>
>>14392378
>you understand how choreographed a spot like this is
A good spot doesn't look choreographed at all. Or has such minimal choreography that you can suspend your disbelief. Good pro wrestling is making you believe it and get invested even though you know it's scripted. That's what fiction is supposed to do.
>if you showed that clip to someone who doesn't watch wrestling, most would think it looked cool
lol. If you showed that clip to a normie they'd fucking laugh at it just like they laughed at Jericho and AEW that one time it got mainstream exposure.
>>
>>14392489
>normie
lol of course you're a fucking redditor
>>
>>14392533
Nah that's you
>>
>>14391605
Funny enough, the backflip off of the Itish Whip isn't the egregious part in this exchange
>>
>>14392561
nah i don't have any sort of compunction against saying "normalfag" or any other various slurs, you tranny nigger
>>
>>14392127
>>14392350
It must be a wrestling thing and this is exactly why nobody watches wrestling any more. You guys are grown men who think this Power rangers shit looks good? The fuck? It was exactly that part that made me shut it off. Those strikes are awful, especially Assplay's kicks. He's basically doing Cm Punk spin kicks that obviously wouldn't do any damage in a real fight and it didn't do any dmg in Punketty's actual ufc fights.

I don't like the flippy shit either but I can accept that it is a typical Lucha exchange & it only looks weird because Assplay is the size of an actual hooman rather than the size of a Mexican jumping bean. The American equivalent would be some gayshit like an Irish whip to the ropes & the other retard standing still to get hit by the guy who was irish whipped. I think that shit is lame in both regions but you can just tune it out if you're a wrestling fan because it's just accepted 'wrestling logic' or wrestling physics. The strikes though were a joke & this what passes for best wrestling ever? It really ain't for me & wrestling is fucking gay. I think I'd rather watch a shitty ass Logan youtube boxing match because those clowns at least have the basics down on how to throw a strike with some actual body weight force. Modern Wrestling strikes look like weightless anime shit where I'm supposed to be wowed that Danielson is a veteran who dodged those 'dangerous' CM Punk kicks. Your enjoyment of wrestling increases when you don't know shit about fighting. It's not a criticism. It's just a prerequisite that you need in order to enjoy wrestling at a high level.
>>
>>14391605
I've legit never seen an Ospreay match that doesn't look like he's rehearsing for the real thing. Nothing connects, no expression, just going through a routine.

Yet I can pause a Ricochet match, and even if he's in mid-air, his face and body language are in the moment. The same could be said for Danielson before AEW.
>>
>>14392678
nothing betrays impotent E-drone seethe like resorting to sucking off Ricochet
it's pretty telling that the only time anyone ever talks about that dweeb is when E-drones are having a meltdown over an Ospreay match
>>
>>14391605
The only bit of this that's explicitly bad is at 4/5 seconds in when Ospreay rolls backwards for no reason other than it's in the script.
>>
>>14392489
>if you showed that clip to someone who doesn't watch wrestling, most would think it looked cool
>lol. If you showed that clip to a normie they'd fucking laugh at it just like they laughed at Jericho and AEW that one time it got mainstream exposure.

Honestly though, I think if you show a normie anything modern wrestling related they'd just laugh. The only reason why they cheered for Roman Cody match is because Roman has moves that actually look realistic. HIs superman punch comes from Muay Thai & while he sucks at it, it looked good in that match. The spear, any normie can relate to that because it looks like a football tackle and his spears were beautiful in that match. No I ain't no wwe clown. Just someone who likes combat sports in general but I'm dropping the wrestling hobby since this is what this niche thinks, looks like a good fight lol. I used to stand up for wrestling too, but that's because I like that raw gutter trash aesthetic & fight style that ECW, late 2010s MLW & Attitude Era had. I do also enjoy old school wrestling , which you see more of in MMA.
>>
>>14392731
Console faggotry aside, one of these men has vastly improved since the cringe GIF from years ago, the other (Ospreay in case you're slow) has had the same mediocre match hundreds of times since.
>>
>>14392796
>Console faggotry aside
Console faggotry aside, Ospreay has been in main events, drawn money, and gotten over. He's getting paid a whole hell of a lot more, and people are actually talking about him. Look at the thread you're in, you fucking idiot. Whose match is it about?
>>
File: 1713918084369913.jpg (25 KB, 412x460)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>14392796
>Ospreay is the one who hasn't improved
>>
>>14392796
Ospreay actually did improve, and then suddenly backslid once he started getting the money mark's cash. Do they even have producers at AEW?
>>
>>14392852
bro a year ago Ospreay was working indy shows in barns that couldn't draw 50 people,. Sure the obese smark crowd that show up to AEW ppvs cheer for him but they'd still be going to the big aew shows with or without him being there
>>
>>14392852
Hasn't drawn a cent, and is anonymous to everyone outside of WON subscribers. Making more money with less talent and zero return on investment only means his employer(s) are idiots.
>>
>>14392892
bro a year ago Ospreay was working the Tokyo Dome and Wembley, what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>14392900
>is anonymous to everyone outside of WON subscribers
You're a WON subscriber? I'm not.
The "literally who" argument really doesn't work when you were just crying about his entire match catalogue a second ago by the way. No he's not as well known as Roman Reigns and never will be, but evidently that doesn't stop you from having a hissyfit over him.
>>
>>14391583
>Jim Cornette hates a match
I dont care
>Jim Cornette BURIES a match
I dont care
>Jim Cornette loves a match
I dont care
>Jim Cornettes wife gets buried by the black bull
I dont care
>>
>>14391583
>OP waited patiently for Jim Cornette to share an opinion
>absolutely delighted that it was faintly positive about his heckin' favourite company, for once
OP, this might be the most beta behaviour ever recorded
>>
Cornette describing Ishii as a "Japanese potato with arms and legs" popped me
>>
>>14392378
Lmao this is amazing cope. If this is trolling rather than an unbelievably retarded opinion, it's genius.
>>
>>14392923
Shorthand for smark, but you knew that. I don't know Ospreay's catalogue, only that I tried to watch him against people I like (Shingo, Alexander, Hobbs, etc.) and it was this. My only annoyance is that better wrestlers have to dance along with him.

People turn to WWE because this lazy formulaic style is the standard being set almost everywhere else.
>>
>>14392599
Everything about wrestling is completely farcical and always has been. There are hardly any matches in history that genuinely look 100% like real fights. They all have something you have to suspend your disbelief for, and the extent to which you do that is down to personal taste.
>>
>>14392238
Based
>>
>>14392796
Ricochet hasn't improved neither in the charisma nor the promo department, that's for sure. He's Ospreay at home who gets 4 star matches at best.
>>
>>14392925
yes you do
>>
>>14392599
no Hogan match ever looked anything like a real fight either and millions watched him
>>
>>14392962
iSHIIiiiIIiiiIIiii
>>
>>14392852
Jim Cornette thread schizo, people joined the thread for that.
>>
File: IMG_7083.jpg (13 KB, 222x293)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>14391583
>Cornette’s opinion suddenly matters to aewtist trannies

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.