[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

everything about this this sums up AEW perfectly
>>
>>14413061
Your tears aren't in this webm
>>
>Win the title
>Immediately risk kwabing yourself
>All while your opponent flails around like a retard waiting for your finish
>>
>>14413061
Is this the most convoluted finisher ever? It requires the most set up and opponents to sit in a position that is completely illogical
>>
Wait, where the fuck are they? Idk how I feel about that set up being what the camera points towards, it makes it look wildly empty, even compared to normal.
>>
This nigga champions superpower is slow motion-for the opponent
>>
>>14413086
Finn balod does it all in less than a second. This guy just sucks lol. Iyo Sky gets to the top of the turnbuckle 25 times faster than him
>>
>>14413088
They're ironically at Daily's place lol. They redid the set for this configuration.
>>
>>14413061
kek nice shit quality webm ya dumb piggy
>>
>>14413061

what exactly is all the flipping for?

and what's the stupid "arm breaker" that the opponent always has to wrap his arm around his ankle to make it work, and it takes way too long to set up?
>>
>>14413234
grim
>>
>>14413234
What the shit was that at 35 seconds in? The rest I felt was fine, the focusing on the arm dragging, keeping locked up, digging your elbow into them etc. That shit makes sense, it looks like it'd hurt.
But why did he just do a corcscrew into the ropes like that? He was barely even whipped into them, barely any effort put into making the move look impactful.
>>
File: 1683325432328365.gif (2.29 MB, 640x564)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB GIF
>>14413291
Ah fuck
>>
>>14413234
>>
File: 1704477173083080.webm (2.52 MB, 720x720)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB WEBM
>>14413433
what in the fuck is this sequence
>>
>>14413433
Do these people think spinning before a strike makes it look better or something?
These spinning forearms make no sense
>>
>>14413116
>Finn balod does it all in less than a second
yeah but he does it someone who is supine, which makes a lot more sense
swerve does the same finish but to someone who is sitting up just for the sake of being "different"
>>
>>14413088
since the end of the pandemic they’ve been doing this shitty set up to have a crowd in the shot. i hate it. the og set up they used during the pandemic was better
>>
>>14413117
the bright banner backdrop is incredibly distracting
>>
>>14413061
I shoot hate swerve
>>
>>14413061
Why did the new champ take 15 minutes to beat the guy that's eaten the pin in every multiman match in the last year
>>
>>14413477
are you actually fucking retard?
>>
File: 1681499347393219.png (444 KB, 1154x615)
444 KB
444 KB PNG
>>14413061
>>14413234
>>14413433
Normally I see AEW clips and it's so bad that it's funny. But this shit is just sad.
>>
>>14413061
That's one of the few times I've seen his stomp look good and it's still garbage because he took 15 fucking seconds to do it.

>>14413234
Ending is absolutely awful but the arm work is fine just done a bit slow

>>14413433
Absofuckinglutely GRIM. What was the gay kickup he did at the end to do the roll-over into suplex thing that doesn't even look that cool? Just stand over and deadlift him you skinny faggot.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (69 KB, 1280x720)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
jesus this is retarded
i liked his older finisher more
>>
>>14413477
>anon doesn't understand centrifugal force
>>
>>14413532
Are you? Do you also spin while rolling your obese ass out of bed? Do you do a little twirl as you swallow your HRT pills?
>>
>>14413596
>centrifugal force
>on those slow ass spins and forearms
huh? Take a look at an actual spinning elbow, you stupid troon
>>
File: IMG_7247.jpg (13 KB, 251x242)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>14413606
>>
>>14413606
KWAB
>>
>>14413606
So that's a "yes" then.
>>
>>14413061
literally nothing wrong with this
>>
>>14413061
>two young stars who tear the roof off every time they wrestle
Yeah, pretty much
>>
>finisher requires a 2-minute fencing response from opponent
Dogshit
>>
based swerve. That looked vicious
>>
>>14413606
for me it's the Raising The Roof after ordering 95$ worth of McDonald's breakfast from chubhub
>>
>>14413622
No one is saying the forearms look good. The logic behind why they're spinning and if it looks any good are two separate things.
>>
>>14413622
I mean on one hand, the whole point of a discus forearm/lariat/whatever is to add centrifugal force.
But on the other, when he takes a metric fucking year to do it, why even bother?
>>
Holy kek, I've seen plenty of shitty AEW webms but seeing a world champ doing amateurish spots and botches takes the cake. This is definitely a new low.
>>
>>14413433

AWE is so fucking gay
>>
>>14413234
That background was a complete eyesore. What the fuck is Tony doing
>>
>>14413477
they've been watching ajpw tapes in the back with lil toni and the gang and they all think they're misawa now.
>>
>>14413697
>but seeing a world champ doing amateurish spots and botches
Moxley and CM Phil already did that
>>
>>14413433

this is immediately after
>>
>>14413993
>crowd doesn’t react at all
>>
>>14413993

>let's bury the new champs finisher in front of 200 fans
>>
>>14413993
This is genuinely wrestling school tier. It's all so convoluted. They full cooperate. They don't make any effort at all to make it look real. And why does TK have a raging hardon for repeating spots and reversals. Like like that webm with Dalton Castle and the dwarf ducking each others attacks. Or those luchas cartwheel reversal 69 each other. Or OC and Penta doing no-sell canadian destroyers to each others.

This is a disgusting shitshow circus. Its truly bottom tier grade backyard wrestling.
>>
>>14414065
There is nothing I hate more in wrestling than that bullshit tree of woe stomp

This whole thing was a fucking disaster
>>
>>14414105
No one has ever pulled that spot off in a believable way
>>
>>14414065
Why is the new champ having a 15 minute bangerino with a nobody?

>>14414078
AEW talent don’t follow anybody’s suggestions or advice from producers or older guys, they just go out there and do whatever the fuck they want
>>
>>14413061
Minor leagues mentality
>>
>>14413234
Everything about this is fine aside from the unnecessary weird flip that Swerve does at the end.
I love these threads where some e-drone tries to post webms from a great match to dissect and shit on them but it just ends up making me realize what a good match was: like the Ospreay Danielson thread.
I even saved a lot of those webms so thanks for saving Webmbro the trouble of making them, kek.

The irony is that the people trying to criticize these matches have no idea what good wrestling even looks like. It's just flaccid console war "nah you are" posting with extra steps.
>>
>>14413061
I didn’t know Kofi worked in NXT
>>
>>14414128
>Why is the new champ having a 15 minute bangerino with a nobody?
The main problem is that Kyle Fletcher is actually the ROH Pure champion and does nothing but job on AEW TV because he's like 25 years old.

Which, from a kayfabe perspective, means that everyone who beats him doesn't even want his shitty ROH title and that it's not valued whatsoever. This is particularly ironic and retarded given that both brands are run by Tony Khan.

So again, as usual, you niggers are bitching about the wrong things. This is how I can tell when someone is criticizing AEW without ever watching it, versus actual criticism from fans.
>>
>>14413757
Phil hasn't been in AEW for almost a year. You need to stop thinking about him.
>>
>>14414224
Moxley hasn't been AEW champ in just as long, why aren't you crying that I brought him up?
>>
>>14413061
Most retarded finisher ever
>>
File: 3425936317_7cc76e9fa1_h.jpg (583 KB, 1599x977)
583 KB
583 KB JPG
>>14414170
Anon, first of all, the sequence in your webm is wonderful. But are you seriously comparing it to the Swerve match though? Ospreay/Danielson had some good sequences, but was ruined by sloppy, anime inspired moments, especially the ending, and of course the spastic insistence to get all of their pop spots in, which is endemic in modern wrestling. It's not a AEW problem either. It's a modern wrestling problem. AEW just has more anime slop because the wrestlers have more control over how they work.
>>
>>14413061
I can’t imagine why anyone would go here instead of just staying in the indies, or going to WWE. Hell TNA is probably better but I haven’t kept up with them since the mid 2000’s. This shit is just embarrassing every time I see it. Not even worth the hotdog or handshake.
>>
>>14414275
Danielson vs. Ospreay was an absolute classic with 1 difficult to notice botch and maybe one of the "anime inspired moments" you're talking about, two tops.

Anyway, I would very much like the guy who is posting these webms and dissecting AEW matches, telling us why they are bad, would do the same thing about matches he considers GOOD, and would tell us why he thinks they're GOOD instead.
>posts Kerry Von Erich as he makes this argument
One of the biggest unrepentant shitters in the history of wrestling and the absolute in-ring jannetty of the Von Erichs. Always moved like a clubfooted lummox.
>>
lol literally smaller than my middle school gym
htajw
>>
>>14413061
Why does this fucker take 20 seconds to ascend and fall off a turnbuckle?
>>
>>14413061
Probably the 3rd time I've seen his finisher: anons complain about the opponent rolling around, slowly sitting up. But the real problem is the delay on the black guys end. I notice he always takes super long to begin with, but then wastes another 10 seconds standing up on the top rope.
Fucking Finn Balor hops from the ring to the top rope and hits the same finisher in like 3 seconds total. AEW is such a clown show.
>>
>>14413061
This is the worst finisher I’ve seen. Even worse than Saxton’s finisher
>>
gAyEw is so embarrassing
>>
>>14414327
The #1 rule in wrestling is to make it look real. If you didn't think Flair/Kerry worked in that regard, then I don't know what to tell you. Kerry could work a good brawl too back in his day (not by the time he got to WWF though). And he and Flair had good chrmistry. And you clearly have been smoking the good stuff if you thought Ospreay/Danielson looked like a legitimate contest as opposed to a tumbling exhibition between two guys that were openly cooperating.

Danielson is a good worker when he gets to lead the match, but he's far too accommodating for the tumblers. I can admit Danielson carried Omega to his last good match, so at least there's that. Ospreay is just too floaty and fake for me. I will admit, I'm an oldhead wrestling fan. We may never see eye to eye on this, anon. And that's okay.
>>
>>14413649
lol ok
>>
>>14413669
there is no "logic" behind those slow ass spins the momentum if there ever was one has completely dissipated by the end
>>
File: AL SNOW.jpg (702 KB, 1080x1941)
702 KB
702 KB JPG
The funniest thing to me is that these jap wrestling/indieriffic/whatever the fuck fans think their favorite kind of wrestling is OBJECTIVELY the best and should be the gold standard for a good pro wrestling match, like this retard who posted 2 martial arts chink larpers kicking each other. It really just proves to me that they have autism and cannot even fathom that someone has a different opinion
>>
>>14414065
>pulling out Del Rio's shitty ass finisher on your first match as gAyEW champ
>>
File: giphy.gif (1.3 MB, 352x264)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB GIF
Can't convince me someone likes this shit unironically no matter how hard you try tbdesu bros
I still firmly believe all the AEW fans here are just falseflaggers
>>
>>14413433
Honestly not the worst sequence. The strikes look like shit, but the grapple counters are alright.
>>14413993
Is much more embarrassing. Both these guys look gassed and can barely pick each other help even working.
>>
>>14413061
>Doing dumb high risk moves like this barely a week into your title reign against some nobody
I'm in my 30s and now I realize just how elite Vince was in the 90s and 00s at making sure dumb wrestlers don't end their careers prematurely. No wonder Cena only ever did 5 moves
>>
>in the second segment, after a Best Friend's angle opened the show
>cold, terrible match that had no reason to be happening
Great start to Swerve's run.
>>
>>14413061
I assume both the AEW and IWGP title matches were fucking awful since no AEWtists is even willing to post about the ?
>>
File: bret's flair drawing.jpg (39 KB, 300x400)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>14414446
>The #1 rule in wrestling is to make it look real.
It looked even more fake in the 80s, particularly in America. Unless you think stomping while punching is "making it look real." Also, like the image you posted originally says, fists are meant to be against the NWA rules anyway so they're already breaking kayfabe by punching each other constantly.
> If you didn't think Flair/Kerry worked in that regard, then I don't know what to tell you.
Flair is notorious for his exaggerated, fake-y antics though, like the famous corner bump he took literally every single match.
Or the Flair flop -- boy now that's like a REAL FIGHT, brother.

C'mon, man. The whole "it used to look more real" shit is absolutely not true most of the time and you know it. Even old school Lou Thesz matches don't look real where the biggest high spot of the match was an arm drag or a headlock takeover.
>>
>>14414664
>It looked even more fake in the 80s
Not even true, I just watched some 80s wrestling today and they worked stiff and weren't doing cringy gymnastics choreography.
>>
>>14414664
>It looked even more fake in the 80s
lol
lmao
>>
File: 1713862599544731.webm (666 KB, 896x720)
666 KB
666 KB WEBM
>>14414664
>>
>>14414681
>>14414721
I could carve up almost any 1980s American wrestling match and make it look just as fakey or stupid as any modern wrestling match by cherry picking Atomic Drop webms.

I remember one that used to get posted where Sting atomic drops Rick Rude and he holds his ass and cartoonishly stomps around the ring in a circle before taking a back bump for no reason, kek. And that sort of thing was par for the course, hell it was early 90s even I think. Was even goofier in the 80s by and large.

Please explain to me how The Flair Flop where he just flops cartoonishly onto his belly like a fish is REALISTIC. And Flair was considered the best American worker of the 80s by most.
Sure, you can point to cool shit like Choshu's 80s invasion angles, or The Funks vs. Hansen and Brody in Japan but most matches were not anything like that and you know it.
>>
>>14414780

what was the attendance for those wrestling matches?
>>
>>14414793
Who cares, I'm talking about wrestling quality here. Also there are plenty of territories that had trouble drawing in the 80s, you dipshit, that's why most of them got bought out

not even sure what point you're trying to make. We're talking modern wrestling vs 80s wrestling and WWE is doing gangbusters right now so if you want to talk about drawing -- why?
>>
>>14414816

no you're talking about the quality of wrestling back then, when literally nobody talks about it being great.

so with that qualifier eliminated we must go to actual tangible interest both created to justify its quality
>>
>>14414305
>number of people paralyzed in aew : 0
>number of people paralyzed on the indies : 23
>number of people paralyzed in wwe: 5
easy to see why everyones all elite
>>
>>14414870
>o you're talking about the quality of wrestling back then, when literally nobody talks about it being great.
I'm quite literally arguing with a guy who says 80s wrestling was great, more realistic, and better than modern wrestling, you dipshit.

Why reply to me if you're not going to read the reply thread first? Jesus
>>
>>14413061
>that long ass set up
>still kwabs himself
lol
>>
File: 1712962269170528.gif (677 KB, 500x282)
677 KB
677 KB GIF
Also OP, if you want a "bad wrestling clip" from this episode of Dynamite, you need to do Moxley's """punches""" on the top turnbuckle during his match with Hobbs

Legendarily shitty, right up there with his famous "air knees" against Archer in the G1.
>>
>>14413088
Were you not watching AEW when it started or at all during the pandemic? That’s Dailys Place, home of AEW and Jacksonville Jaguars
>>
>>14414994

>a literal amphitheater
>>
The question: Would you show that match to a non-wrestling fan to try and sell them on wrestling?
If you're answer is anything but no you have brain damage.
>>
>>14414994
Woah, hot capacity crowd! Oh, it's for some concert.
>>
>>14413061
Did anyone actually want Swerve
>>
I feel like I got grifted in to thinking Swerve was a big deal. He's actually kind of shite. I think Hanger working overtime to get the guy over kind of swayed my opinion. I'm just now realising he was the guy flipping around in tag matches making Keithly look somewhat believable as a monster.
>>
File: 1635261272063.png (192 KB, 610x591)
192 KB
192 KB PNG
>>14414994
>look at the stage
>I can tell it's Tedeschi Trucks Band even super zoomed out
kek I'm surprised I can tell who the fuck it is
>>
>>14413642
it's convoluted
>>
>>14414664
>>14414780
LMAO. Believable, not realistic. And above all, not openly cooperative.

See: a movie with believable fight scenes vs. one that looks fake. The viewer KNOWS it's just a movie. But if the fight looks believable, as in internally consistent without winks at the camera and in jokes and obvious bullshit, then the viewers get emotionally invested and care about the outcome. On the other hand, a fake looking fight scene is met with laughs and mockery. The viewer might still be entertained, but in a completely different way. They don't have any emotional investment at all. It's just for laughs, just one big joke.

Modern slop is, for the most part, all one big joke. And you can tell because the crowds don't give one flying fuck who wins or loses or buy in for one single moment of a spot. It's more like a circus show, an athletic exhibition. Gymnastics.

That can be entertaining in its own way, but it's not pro wrestling.
>>
>>14415109
Me too
>>
>>14415089
Certainly not me.
>>14415109
>think Hanger working overtime to get the guy over kind of swayed my opinion
This.
>>
>>14414327
Danielson vs Ospreay was full of blatant coordination where they didn't bother to make it look like a struggle, bad chops, strikes, holds that didn't look painful. It's just bad quality pro wrestling that you've come to accept because the norm is no longer about making the sequences look executionally good, it's simply about conveying the idea of them.
>>
>>14414780
>I remember one that used to get posted where Sting atomic drops Rick Rude and he holds his ass and cartoonishly stomps around the ring in a circle before taking a back bump for no reason, kek. And that sort of thing was par for the course, hell it was early 90s even I think. Was even goofier in the 80s by and large.
That's not "unbelievable" in the same vein many modern pro wrestling sequences are.
It's cartoonish selling, but it's not something that takes you out of the performance by visibly showing the cooperation. It's a spot where a guy gets hurt and sells in a silly way but it's not openly helping each other through a garbage sequence.
Flair flop is the same. It looks dumb and hokey, but in context it's just Flair out on his feet and stumbling forward before landing on his ass. Is it realistic? No. Is it something that doesn't blatantly puncture the idea of the two guys being in a context? Yes. They're still locked in a contest, one of them just acted like a caricature during it.
>>
>>14413116
IYO bounces off the ropes to get to the top a lot. I feel like Kairi takes forever to get to the top turnbuckel sometimes, but usually that is on purpose because she does her whole its over scream and the walk the plank shit before the finisher
>>
>>14415153
>>14415214
Yeah man, atomic drops and the Flair Flop and 'Hulking Up', etc, very believable and realistic. And definitely not openly cooperative.

Sure, you can see Andre the Giant literally jumping into Hogan's arms to be slammed by him but yeah man, definitely not openly cooperative in the good ol' days!
Except it was and you're just memory holing all of the goofiness thanks to nostalgia. You're forgetting you were a literal child when you found 80s wrestling "believable" if you're anything like me (born in 85).
>calling Danielson/Ospreay coordinated garbage while defending the Flair Flop in the same breath
I don't even know what to say to you, kek.
>>
>>14415214
>but it's not something that takes you out of the performance by visibly showing the cooperation
yes, the move where one guy blatantly jumps up and crotches himself on the other guy's knee clearly has no visible cooperation and is something that would totally happen in a legitimate contest.
also why would anyone in a "contest" stand around and let that exaggerated, cartoonish selling happen? why wouldn't they immediately capitalize on it?
just get over yourself kid, wrestling has always been fake and stupid. there's just a different brand of it now, you're seething about it because you're an over the hill boomer, but you give the old fake hokey shit a pass because you were a kid when you watched it and you're viewing it with rose-tinted goggles.
>>
>>14415245
Anon, I'm older than you. Showmanship, passed off as intentionally meant to trick an opponent (such as the Flair flop) is not at all the same as that ridiculous Danielson/Ospreay anime-inspired rubbish.

You really don't understand pro wrestling, and to be honest, I doubt you're being honest about your age. If you are, then I suppose you've always been a broccoli head zoomer in spirit. Sad.
>>
>>14415308
You're a Naturard. We get it kiddo. Now run on back to /a/, and don't forget to hold your arms backwards.
>>
>>14415308
NTA, but you're really gonna defend this trash wrestling? Yes everyone, except lil kids, knows it's fake and choreographed. The skill is to make it look as less choreographed as possible, the losers over at AEW don't even try.
>>
>>14415089
The cuck fanbase spent months talking up Swerve as the hottest thing in wrestling and the next AEW World Champion. He's an even bigger shitter than his white, blood-drinking counterpart, Hangma'am. KWAB
>>
AEW's biggest problem bell to bell is the fact that they think they need to do reversals constantly
>>
File: 1536021140625.jpg (21 KB, 300x296)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>14413061
>>14413234
>>14413433
>>14414065

>AEW: Where the Best Wrestle
>>
>>14415387
>The skill is to make it look as less choreographed as possible, the losers over at AEW don't even try.
Neither did the guys this retard I'm talking to is referencing. Most of the trash AEW wrestlers you and him are seething about were inspired by the guys he's fellating/defending.
>>
>>14415245
>>14415308
>can't parse the difference because unrealistic displays and cooperative sequences
Fundamentally slightly different things, if you don't have the abstract thought necessary to divide between the two, you're probably non White.
>>
>>14413061
How come gayew wrestlers keep killing themselves? This is almost as bad as that Yuka boy kwabbing himself and splatting on the ground.
>>
>>14415548
lol I literally explained how an atomic drop is cooperative you mongoloid
>>
>>14415308
>yes, the move where one guy blatantly jumps up and crotches himself on the other guy's knee clearly has no visible cooperation and is something that would totally happen in a legitimate contest.
its not about what would legitimately happen, and a slight jump is a forgiveable level of coordination
it's irish whip level
guys waiting around for each other to get into place and tumbling through with one another is an entirely different level of bad
the key thing anons are trying to explain to you is that it's not about making it look realistic, it's about doing your best to not let it look too unrealistic
atomic drops, flair flops, they're toeing the line but they're acceptable
aew is shit
>>
>>14414330
This jury box configuration is fucking stupid and makes the show look even less attended.
>>
>>14415575
Not as visibly cooperative as modern wrestling sequences that have become vogue, the jump can be rationalized as the other guy picking them up. Wrestling is full of minor offenses like that, and I'm happy to ignore those. What's indefensibly shit is aew though and the type of trash you see littered through the danielson/ospreay match.
>>
>>14415580
>atomic drops, flair flops, they're toeing the line but they're acceptable
the only reason you think they're acceptable is because they've been done since before you were born
if no one had ever done an atomic drop before, and someone did it for the first time last night on dynamite, people would be spamming the webm constantly just like everything else that looks mildly stupid on AEW
>>
>>14415534
>Neither did the guys this retard I'm talking to is referencing
there was still goofiness but it wasnt nearly as big as 30 second counter sequences done at half speed a'la aew

>>14415625
no, i think they're acceptable because they're not really that bad, honestly
it's like a powerbomb, is it obvious the other guy's helping? of course, but it's not so stupid and visible to me it takes me out of the performance
atomic drop, little jump, so what?
swerve doing weird underwater acrobatics with some shitter with lots of superfluous movements he thinks look cool, fucking awful
>>
>>14414170
That shit actually looks good. Those are stiff strikes where they put their hips into it and nothing like the floaty kicks that Assplay does. How the fuck is this comparable to that Assplay match? This doesn't look like power rangers at all. It looks like a light weight getting 2 hit kwabbed by a super heavy weight and Hashimoto fucks him up with front kick. As if to say, "this is how to kick. You fucking lil dweeb."
>>
>>14415597
i swear ospreay did this exact spot in njpw but it was actually cool as fuck
AEW: Where The Best Stop Trying To Wrestle
>>
>>14415597
that's literally just a top rope hurricanrana/frankensteiner, I don't get what's so especially offensive to you about it. people sit catatonic on the top rope waiting for the other guy to get into position all the time. it's stupid, but it's not unique to AEW or this match, it's just like the atomic drop, it happens all the time.
also it's beyond obvious that all you're really mad about is the flip Ospreay did where he landed on his feet, if he had taken the bump normally you wouldn't give a shit about this sequence regardless of how contrived it is.
>>
>>14415670
It was cool with Ibushi because they executed it well, it sucked here because they didnt. Allegedly Ibushi and him didnt plan the spot and it was actually just a botch they ran with when the crowd reacted but I dont buy that for a second
>>
>>14415757
Your mental illness is baffling.
>>
>>14415652
>it's like a powerbomb, is it obvious the other guy's helping?
Except a powerbomb is something you can actually achieve through your own power and there are numerous documented instances of it being performed in a shoot fight. No one has ever done a shoot atomic drop because it's fucking stupid, hokey and fake, and doesn't even make sense. If you land on your feet your crotch shouldn't even be remotely close to the guy's knee, regardless of the stupidity involved in the actual picking up/jumping up. It's a move that should get blocked every time, the guy is willfully crotching himself.
>>
>>14415820
sorry I hurt your feelings, kiddo
>>
>>14415597
Do people really mark out for this fake stuff?
>>
>>14413234
>>14413433
fire the agent that put this match together
>>
>>14415757

thats one spot, there's plenty more

>>14403751
>>14403751
>>
>>14413061
If Swerve were white no one would give him a second look. He is below average in ring. Can't sell. Has no ring psychology to speak of. And he's like Eddie Kingston in wanting to do things he remembers from matches he likes, but cant replicate them. In his head Im sure he thinks all his stuff looks amazing and it isn't. He is legit worse than Kofi as a champion. At least Kofi was legit athletic and could sell. On top of all that Swerve's gimmick is "black guy". Nothing else. Everything he does is related to being black. It's 2024 and there have been plenty of black champions and POC as champs with actual gimmicks and characters. The ones who were nothing but skin color were derided and yet here is Swerve wanting to be patted on the back for being "black guy".
>>
>>14415757
>that's literally just a top rope hurricanrana/frankensteiner, I don't get what's so especially offensive to you about it.
Ospreay flipping half a second after Danielson has done the move for zero apparently reason, probably.
>>
>>14414773
I the proper angle this would have looked good. It's impressive he can get this close without actually kicking Danielson, even the audience probably wouldn't be able to notice from their seats. But it's obvious when you have a camera right in front of them
>>
>>14414327
>Always moved like a clubfooted lummox.
well he was missing a foot. so.
>>
File: 1662744629290149.webm (2.88 MB, 972x540)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB WEBM
>>14414078
Yeah it really is. Terrible. And AEW fags will swear there's nothing wrong with this sequence.

It's so bad it's unreal. The fact that these two are champions in AEW is hilarious, nevermind the fact that one is the world champion of the entire promotion.

It's supposedly "where the best wrestle" but this amateurish shit is such an eye sore. They need to stop focusing on spots and focus on making shit look real and slowing down. More moves doesn't make shit more entertaining, it's usually the opposite. Especially convoluted stuff like in the webm you're replying to and this one.
>>
>>14413433
The sad thing is you can see bits and pieces of a good match here. Swerve and Fletcher are physically very capable and they could put on a great match if they had some competent veterans coaching them. But they don't. And without either man having any real idea of how to work a match, well, this shit is what happens.
>>
>>14415991
>Ospreay flipping half a second after Danielson has done the move for zero apparently reason
so every other attempt at a hurricanrana/frankensteiner by anyone ever
I guess you'd expect better execution from the two supposed "best" wrestlers in the supposed "greatest" match of all time. The hurricanrana is another stupid move that gets abused too much, but if you have that much of a problem with it then you have a problem with all pro wrestling in 2024.
>>
>>14416159
>so every other attempt at a hurricanrana/frankensteiner by anyone ever
https://www.reddit.com/r/blackmagicfuckery/comments/a6gb9n/ospreay_counters_kota_ibushis_move/
>>
>>14416159
Hurricanrans look good when done by luchadores who do it fast. The setup is fast and the execution is fast, when guys who are bigger take their sweet time setting it up, it objectively looks bad. Even worse when the guy selling it, no-sells it by countering it with a flip while still sitting down
>>
>>14416152
>making shit look real
>and slowing down
lol
>>
>>14416210
>Hurricanrans look good when done by luchadores who do it fast.
Sometimes. They botch it plenty too. The problem with a hurricanrana is that it's basically 100% on the guy taking it.
>>
>>14416255
It's up to both guys.
This is a good example of what I'm saying.
Fast setup, good execution: >>14416195

The one by Bryan is a slow setup which makes the execution look awful and sloppy
>>
>>14414593
I agree. I think people are just trying to rile up edrones by pretending to support some shitty "rival" fed. There's no way an actual human being could watch this shitty, slowmo, coordinated low impact shit and enjoy it.
>>
>>14414663
I don't believe there are any earnest aew fans left. I think the "fans" you see on here are just doing it for the sake of console warring. That's why there's never any real discussion about AEW.
>>
>>14413433
Cut the second suplex and make this into a never ending edit
>>
>>14413061
Why didn't he roll away, is he stupid?
>>
File: 1686243221478997.gif (1.97 MB, 1000x563)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB GIF
>>14413433
I assume these "wrestlers" can visualize a meltzer star multiplier ticking up for every contrived move they can pile on to an already convoluted chain wrestling sequence.
>>
>>14413433
>crown a new champion
>immediately have him do a competitive match with a shitter
Horrible idea. Swerve looks like shit now.
>>
>>14417786
This is literally what it is, Meltzer star ratings are a solved art and the marks in the ring give him everything he wants in the hopes they get that coveted 5
>>
>>14413532
>>14413596
>ZOMG HOW CAN YOU NOT POPPERINO FOR A SPINNING FOREARM DONE AT 0.5 SPEED WITH A STOPPAGE IN THE MIDDLE?
>>
>>14413433
jesus it won't fucking stop
>>
>>14414065
how the fuck did this not end the match
>>
>>14415153
>crowds don't give one flying fuck who wins or loses or buy in for one single moment of a spot
idk people were pretty invested in the codester winning
>>
>>14413433
Swerve looks so fucking robotic in the ring
>>
>>14417786
lmao they want to chain their shit like it's a tony hawk game
>>
>>14414170
I dont understand how modern wrestlers thought it was a good idea to base their wrestling style on a style that almost killed its company multiple times
>>
>>14413061
Did Swerve actually KWAB himself?
>>
>>14413234
That last sequence after all the arm stuff looks like it was done underwater.
>>
>>14413433

Legit mid 2000's indie wrestling done on a national stage. Would have been booked out of a CZW show back in the day.
>>
>>14413117
what was ironic about it
>>
>>14413993
AND THE CROWD GOES MILD
>>
File: 1689782879234746.webm (3.82 MB, 1280x720)
3.82 MB
3.82 MB WEBM
was trying to give AEW a shot but had to turn it off during this match
>>
>>14418729

oh shit I missed that
>>
>>14413993
It's spots like these that annoy me the most, because if they just did the reverse into the roll up it'd actually be a nice looking spot, but I knew even as i saw the roll up that they'll randomly end up back in the tombstone again.
>>
>>14413061
Jfc this nigger is the AEW's world champ? He looks and dress and screams like a midcarder
>>
>>14418729
The fucking ref is doing jazz hands or some shit. Why does she keep gesturing towards them when she doesn't need to communicate anything to the wrestlers or the audience?
>>
>>14413469
Kais expression here just makes me smile. Its like a day time soap opera laugh of evil intention.
>>
>>14415498
It's because of that Ricochet vs O'Spreay gif getting over on Twitter...

Except none of them actually got over because of it. Ricochet's girl is fucking more popular than him.
>>
People turned on Swerve real quick holy shit kek
>>
>>14413642
Its a bit heavy on the disbelief that these guys are working with each other. Why wouldnt you just fall off the ring and take that bump instead of getting stomped in the face? Why not just roll off and walk away or roll in? Plenty of time and options available that would be more plausable than some stun lock cool down.
>>
>>14414275
Fuck what an image. Unless you knew you wouldnt know that this is pro wrestling. I dont mean ric or eric, i mean the eye contact. Idk. Great image that too me shows a crystal image of working together that is rare to see l. Is ric flailing around giving eric ample amounts of time to slap his flabby chest before rolling in with the punch? Would the camera even see the working punch? Its telegraphed to hell most times now.
>>
>>14414773
>the fucking blatant thigh slap
For FUCK sake.
>>
File: 1713426194510505.webm (3.7 MB, 1920x1080)
3.7 MB
3.7 MB WEBM
>>14414978
i got some bad punches from dynasty
>>
>>14418847
She's a shoot spastic who keeps trying to get herself over.
>>
File: 1704924124167331.jpg (343 KB, 2048x1364)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
>>14413548
Botan love
>>
>>14418847
she's performing too
cosplay ref for cosplay wrestling
>>
>>14419007
What the fuck? I guess he forgot how to work
>>
Why in the FUCK does it take him 15 seconds to get to the top top?
It would be completely unacceptable for the fucking Big Show to take that long; isn't this nigga supposed to be athletic?
>>
>>14414681
>80s
>they worked stiff
Were you watching AJW? You certainly weren't watching NWA or WWF.
>>
>>14413061
Genuine question, before the Hangman feud was there anyone who gassed him up as this main eventer? Cause I can't remember.
>>
>>14419137
No, that's where it started. He was just another midcard heel before that.
>>
>>14413234
>World Champion
>barely graduated wrestling school
>only over because a dancing Nigerian scammer gimmick that has nothing to do with him
>carried to an all time match that had little to do with him
yep, it's a diversity hire
>>
>>14419301
I was told Swerve was the hottest act in the industry by AEW fans that once again blew so much smoke up the then current FOTMs ass
They really need to learn what hyperbole is and why acting like everything is the greatest thing they’ve ever seen just wears thin after a whike
>>
>>14414593
Yeah
>>
>>14419028
He's gassed and not in the good way
>>
>>14413433
of all the clips ITT i actually like this one. not the execution so much, it's pretty sloppily done and swerve is kinda stiff and awkward. but the choreography is really imaginative and tells a story.
>>
>>14419538
The only story that they would end up with is at the chopping block to kwab
>>
>>14413061
How do you allow shit like this to happen in your promotion. At least make sure the matches have an organic flow to them instead of spots like this.
>>
>>14413061
Why are people saying Swerve is good? He just stomps on people. It looks like it hurts because it almost definitely does.
>>
>>14413234
These two are AEW's main eventers? Why do they wrestle like Scott Hall in his last year when he was all fucked up?
>>
>>14418729
The female ref is just the icing on the cake
>>
>>14414994
>Were you not watching AEW when it started or at all during the pandemic?
No
>>
>Has a couple of good matches with Hanger
>TK thinks he's the next big thing
>Doesn't realise that Hanger fucking carried him
Imagine thinking Swerve was anything other than a good hand lmao
>>
>>14419007
Holy shit. Rarely do I see an overall crowd so uninterested in what they're watching. Like people will mock matches for dead crowds, but even if they're sitting down you can tell they're into it. That's the iciest audience I've seen in a while.
>>
File: reachoutandtouchme.png (357 KB, 461x552)
357 KB
357 KB PNG
>>14419007
>>
>>14413993
lmao
>could just recover into a roll up pin
>nope I need to try and turn this into what we choreographed
>>
>>14419007
This is legitimately sad.
>>
>>14414170
Lol Rapedanielson and Cuckspray was a gayfest only Meltzer creep likes such things because it helps him to jerk off
>>
File: Old man Hawk.webm (2.71 MB, 960x540)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB WEBM
>>14418065
KEK. They wished they looked half as cool as the Hawkester
>>
>>14419007
>PLEASE RETIRE
>CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
>>
>>14420913
kek
>>
>>14419678
>At least make sure the matches have an organic flow to them instead of spots like this.
It's called video game wrestling. Everything is robotic/monotone and the matches are packed with moves and spots because the wrestlers don't know how to fill in the gaps between moves and spots like a normal match. There's so many moves and spots to the point where wrestlers have very little time to sell the moves so it looks like a robotic wrestling game, a case of spam as many moves and spots in a match as they can to mask the fact that they can't create a traditional match and to make it look like a high octane match when really it's just spam everywhere.
They even have an IRL counter button that they spam ad nauseam.
>>
>>14414330
KWAB
>>
>>14421162
shit
>>
>>14413061
Hogwheels discord got new marching orders from Tony KWAB
>>
>>14413433
>All those flips just to get a stinkin lousy regular suplex in
>>
File: 1714151414815366.jpg (527 KB, 1728x1240)
527 KB
527 KB JPG
>>14413061
free bump for ya bitchtits
>>
>>14422584
It's worse than a video game, because the moves are perfectly executed every time and if the opponent - whether its an AI or human - recovers fast enough they'll move out of the way from your flippy shit spot.
>>
>>14426077
I meant that in a video game, the moves are at least perfectly executed every time etc
>>
>>14419007
Grim.
>>
File: 1705538351215.jpg (1.52 MB, 2645x2241)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB JPG
>>14415153
Pretty much, yeah. Imagine if you were making a TV show about fighting and the fight scenes looked like wrestling. You'd get laughed the fuck out of Hollywood.

Yet wrestling not only gets away with it, it gets praised for it. I can't think of any medium that's held to lower standards. Even vidya and American cartoons have more dignity.
>>
File: EDwR-I.gif (3.46 MB, 400x224)
3.46 MB
3.46 MB GIF
>>14413477
Gotta do it fast like Jones to make it look good.
>>
>>14419695
Before Osprey got there he and Joe were the only two men who actually gave a shit. Good is a relative term.
>>
>>14426166
Wrestling fans are dysgenic retards that are permanently 15 years behind the curve. It's why they act like hipsters, treating wrestling like high art.
>>
>>14413234
Swerved bulked up too much to have shit like that in his moveset still
>>
>>14413433
I thought this was pretty good until the last part where he spins to pick him up for a suplex
>>
>>14413433
Why are they dancing?
>>
>>14413061
love aew
>>
grim
>>
grimola
>>
>>14426178
They wouldn't be able to control it swinging at that speed.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.