[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_5832.jpg (91 KB, 1120x658)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
> I’m the best wrestler in the world
This currently is the most overused storyline they have . For some strange they have to say “the world!” And not “this company”. This one is the most boring because it’s just a pissing contest and usually ends with a clean pin with no foul play for the heels. Heels are basically useless in this angle
> We used to be friends and now we’re not
Friendship is a common theme in aew and this is another overused storyline . Usually starts with a random betrayal sometimes out of nowhere . More then likely ends with a bloody garbage match
> you need to turn on your friends!
Another variation of the friend storyline , pretty pointless after a while . Usually a manager like Don shows up or that short black midget guy.

Unfortunately most of these storylines revolve around the “good match” cope that Dave uses. In my opinion AEW is the most boring played out professional wrestling company I’ve seen. Russo came up with more compelling shit .
>>
not enough coconut community theater slop for ya?
>>
>>15014589
What you’re speaking of sells out arenas , breaks revenue records and sets the industry standard for what’s good.

Cope smark
>>
>>15014586
>AEW
>storylines
>>
why waste time with storylines when you could have another five star banger against Lee Moriarty, Daniel Garcia or [insert jumping bean of the month]?
>>
>>15014586
>I’m the best wrestler in the world
Yes, this is what wrestling is supposed to be. Fuck your soap opera shit.

Reminder that all WWE storylines are
>Im related to someone more famous
Or
>cuckoldry
Or
>”Remember the attitude era/ruthless aggression?” nostalgia pandering.
>>
>>15014586
Hangman vs Swerve
Punk vs MJF
Moxley vs Kenny

None of these feuds involved friendship or being the best
>>
>>15014764
>fuck your soap opera shit
Do you think pro wrestling is real anon?
>>
>>15014764
Athletes typically don't go around saying they are the best, this only happens in bullshit wrasslin' and it's usually some desperate geek like MJF who is trying to convince himself publicly. Promos like the one he cut is the reason I stopped watching, it's just a retread of things he already said years ago at this point and derivative of several recent angles.
>>
>>15014589
the Jacob fatu debut was better than anything aew has ever done minus mjf/punk fued. op tells no lies
>>
>>15014881
>Jacob fatu
Nobody knows or cares who this fat dwarf coconut is.
>>
>>15014807
And of them, only Punk vs MJF was actual wrestling and belonged on television.
>>
>>15014954
>Only my daddy Phil’s feuds were ever any good when he wasn’t hurt okay?
Give it a rest will ya?
>>
>>15014586
>I wrestle good, you wrestle good, lets wrestle good together
>are we friends?

that's every aew storyline ever
>>
>>15014855
>Athletes typically don't go around saying they are the best
Yes the fuck they do are you fucking kidding me?
>>
File: 93204739284324.png (1.54 MB, 1488x1020)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB PNG
>>15014586
>I’m the best wrestler in the world
This is AEW's worst recycled storyline by far. The world champion is supposed to be the best in the world. Period. Full stop. The whole point of holding a world championship is to determine the best wrestler in the world. But Tina keeps letting random shitters call themselves the "world's best". Danielson lost his world championship title shot and never won a belt in AEW yet he was allowed to call himself the best. Ospreay's holding a low tier belt and he's allowed to call himself the best. So the world champion isn't the best and the biggest prize in AEW has no actual value, apparently.

>>15014589
The ratings literally prove that AEW desperately needs coconut community theater
>>
>>15014618
So tell me how taylor swift is better than the bands you like
>>
>>15014618
Did they? Because Roman drove off more viewers than fucking anybody. Argue that without deferring to muh record profits, we both know that was Saudi & the Fox deal
>>
>>15014618
>>15014881
>>15017064
>nom nom nom i love consuming soap opera slop
get the fuck out of here
>>
>>15018131
>>
>>15014881
It was the exact same debut as Solo, Tama Tonga, and Tonga Lao
>>
>>15018217
No it wasn't retard
>>
>>15018131
Yes and soap opera slop is what pro wrestling is all about. That's one of the major reasons why AEW is doing so badly: unironically not enough soap opera slop. Wake up and get with the program.
>>
>>15014589
kek based
>>
>>15017124
>Taylor Swift, McDonalds, Avengers
Have you ever in your life attempted to make a complete, compelling argument or is it always just this one-sentence attempted gotcha shit? Wrestling isn't about wrestling, baseball isn't about baseball, no major sport or entertainment is purely about the skill or game or performance itself. There has never and will never be an emphasis on removing any and all pageantry from these events, it's a necessary part of the presentation. Get it through your thick fucking skull.

It's all about putting enough casual fan ASSES in SEATS to fund the high salaries, best training, experienced management and most advanced facilities. It's not about you and it's not about your retard hero fake journalists and their biased star ratings and shit-stirring rumors - how do you not get this by now?

WWE has a set point closer to what casuals like - and they're raking in the profits, and are able to create new stars when the old ones walk away. AEW has a set point closer to what hardcores like - they are in permanent debt, spiraling ratings/attendance/interest and simply sign new high-priced toys when their old ones become boring.

You can have your gay little preferences all you want - it doesn't, won't and cannot change reality. Plenty of blockbuster movies don't make shit, plenty of indy films make 10x their budget, and the best overall films are usually somewhere in the middle.
>>
File: 1652415892799.jpg (94 KB, 1054x780)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>15014586
> We used to be friends and now we’re not
Literally every other storyline Paul books is this, it's an industry standard in the worst way possible
>>
>>15014589
no. unironically. or for anyone else which is why the ratings tanked
>>
>>15014586
the problem with the top one is that it's in the wink wink nudge nudge smarkbuster way where it's being a better 'wrestler' than them (meaning they put on better meme star matches)
Why should I care about a story about who can put on the better fake fight
>>
Remember they had the hottest angle ever with the Bucks vs CM Phil and they didn't do it because Bucks needed 6 months to cool down.
AEW doesn't have a real booker is just the wrestlers booking themselves.
>>
>>15018502
>WWE has a set point closer to what casuals like - and they're raking in the profits, and are able to create new stars when the old ones walk away.
Boys we have new copypasta gold
>>
>>15014764
>Yes, this is what wrestling is supposed to be.
Boring? This doesn't work even in shoot fighting sports.
>>
>>15017064
>>15018148
lose weight bitchtits
>>
>>15014586
lmfao
>>
>>15014586
cringe
>>
>>15014589
kek
fuckin cooked em
dronies were NOT happy when they read this
>>
>>15014586
Copeland vs Malakai was about friendship? Or the elite vs the aew team at double or nothing?
>>
>>15020536
It's true though, without seething or contradicting.....so good luck with that

McDonalds has a set point between quality/time/value - quicker food at a lower quality for a lower price. Fine dining restaurants make you wait much longer to get higher quality food at a much higher price. Every restaurant has to make choices about what quality of food they want to serve, how long they want to keep you waiting, and so on. They make choices that determine what level of accessibility they want to create for customers - and make changes based on performance and market conditions.

None of this is revolutionary analysis, and anyone with an IQ over 70 can see how this relates to wrestling as well. AEW could have moved to a Streaming PPV model years ago to make the product more accessible, they chose not to do that. AEW could have developed more home-grown talent and put them into Main Event programs instead of hiring more ex-WWE shitters, they chose not to do that. Tony Khan's choices have consequences and no matter how much you want to squeal and bitch and complain about WWE, the vast majority of AEW's poor decisions didn't come as a result of WWE being a monolith, they came because AEW is poorly-run, full of reactionaries and the people in charge don't know what they're doing.
>>
It's just funny how AEW diehards keep defending the same things over and over as the ratings and attendance do nothing but decline and decline.
>>
>>15020536
>casuals
>Wow, wrestlemania was fun!
>Doesn't watch raw or smackdown afterwards
>>
>>15022554
This week's attendance was actually to the point you saw the hardcam side being shown. Forbidden Door is doing over 8k currently. More than Dynasty.
>>
> I’m the best wrestler in the world
This is the only storyline a good wrestling promotion needs. Unfortunately in AEW it's usually followed up by talking about how they have great matches instead of that they win.
>>
>>15022554
>It's just funny how E-drones keep defending the same things over and over as the ratings and attendance do nothing but decline and decline.
FTFY
>>
>>15020814
That’s all shoot fighting sports are. what soap opera do you get from these? It’s literally it’s either “I’m the best” or some racial/national dynamic. There’s nothing else
>>
I wish Tiny Clown would hurry up and finally die of a coke od live on air so PoopDickWrestling would die....
>>
>>15022572
Now do Forbidden Door 2023 vs Forbidden Door 2024

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.