[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: aew1635-1_1.png (502 KB, 600x600)
502 KB
502 KB PNG
>>
>posts don callis
>>
OP this faggot first poster doesn't agree but I'm 100% on board, I initially didn't really like Kenny Omega but once they paired him with Don Callis he totally grew on me and I liked him having a mouthpiece it was believeable and made him seem like more of a big deal, when he's with their negative aura drains away from him, they only try seem like something themselves, they dont have any rub for kenny.
>>
They missed the boat with this by having Don turn on Kenny by having a portrait painted showing him beating down Kenny

I think they tried to do it with Jericho but it just wasn't as good
>>
File: 69.gif (1.44 MB, 320x240)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB GIF
>>15078256
Nah. Nobody wanted him as a chickenshit heel champion. I understand that Kenny has a "comedy side" to his wrestling, but man it really didn't translate well into the product. It's such a weird tonal shift to what people were expecting from Kenny as a world champ that I suspected the gimmick was meant to be a shot at someone in the industry. Either way, it blew chunks and killed a lot of the hype for Kenny as the top guy.
>>
>>15078817
Are you kidding? Don Callis Omega was peak actually entertaining on the mic
>>
>>15079397
maybe on planet retard
>>
2019-2021 aew was fire everything culminating with hangman getting the title was perfect too bad things went downhill from there
>>
The belt collector shit was the lamest indieriffic shit I've ever seen
AEW got it's lowest ever ratings with Omega as champ and was only saved by NXT changing nights to Tuesday
>>
>>15078256
and it's never coming back.
>>
File: KennyChopper.jpg (468 KB, 1920x1080)
468 KB
468 KB JPG
>>15078817
He was serious for something like 2-3 shows (a month), then did the goofy shit with the Bucks and ruined it. When he first became champ it was fucking dimes.
>>
>>15078256
This is pretty much the same shit

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.