[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: fact.jpg (72 KB, 1200x614)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
If WBD wanted to give AEW a record rights renewal, they would not have aired Black Panther on Juneteenth on TBS as the lead-in for Dynamite, they would have aired it on TNT and kept the Big Bang Theory in place to ensure continuity in the TV ratings and to avoid a full-week negative media cycle.

WBD knew what they were doing, they have access to per-minute subscriber data with full demographics. They know what AEW's tune-in audience is and what their fell-asleep-on-the-couch audience is. And they chose to humiliate AEW while balls deep in contract negotiations, knowing they can always point to the national holiday as a reason for "honoring" Black culture with a showing of an award-winning film - and that Tony Khan would look like a massive bigot if he complained about losing a White-dominated sitcom as his lead in for one (1) single night.

This is not the kind of move you make when you are preparing to give AEW a record-breaking extension to establish them as the predominant (and profitable) challenger brand to WWE. This is the move you make when you want to convince WBD investors that you were right in letting them walk after your low-ball offer was rejected.
>>
>>15080922
I'm pretty sure they just decided to air Black Panther because it was Juneteenth. You should be committed by the way.
>>
>>15080922
>theres an offer on the table
>AEW is "still in talks"

Tonys trying to high sell this. The longer and worse it plays out the worse for AEW. WBD is "happy" with all these results because they know theyre on the winning side of the deal and might get it for cheaper.
>>
>>15080956
>They absolutely had to air Black Panther on TBS instead of TNT, because they just did, OK?
>You're mentally ill for recognizing that WBD owns both channels
>>
>>15080977
they wanted to air the black people movie on black people day you insane retard
>>
>>15081069
Why didn't they air it on TNT instead of TBS?

Are Black people movies not allowed on TNT?
>>
>>15080956
He is committed, committed to people knowing the truth about how TV ratings work in regards to m'dub
>>
>>15081116
When was the last time you left your house?
>>
TNT has all the leverage
>but what about losing the NBA?!
TNT just secured rights for Big East basketball
TNT just secured rights to lease College Football playoffs from ESPN
WBD is bringing back Nascar summer cup series on TNT, TruTV and MAx starting in 2025
WBD paid $650 million for TNT and Max rights to the French Open
WBD secured all Bellator events exclusively for Max and started streaming within a few days

Then WNBA and UFC rights expire in 2025 and WBD is rumored to want both. They already broadcast them for the UK.

WBD is currently spending the money it saved on not renewing the NBA... on other sports... not AEW
>>
>>15081145
Why didn't WBD air Black Panther on TNT instead of TBS on June 19th, 2024?
>>
>>15080963
Same thought process I had. If the deal is already basically done, why do anything to risk public perception? Leave BBT in place, stop screwing around with Rampage/Collision preemptions, finalize the deal and announce it. You can do all the other shenanigans you want after the ink has dried and the paperwork is filed.

WBD can't afford non-sports loss leaders right now, they need profits in everything they do. AEW won't drive subscribers with WWE opting to stay on cable, and if NBA goes, TNT carriage fees drastic go down, which affects TBS as well.

>>15081149
This anon gets it. TBS/TNT need live content, but it needs to be family-friendly and get them premium sponsors like Apple, Samsung, Ford, etc. If PG WWE struggles to get premium sponsors, what hope does TV14 AEW have?

Tony better pray Zaslav's last, best and final offer isn't less than what's on the table right now.
>>
>>15081116
TNT aired Men in Black.

Which movie would you rather have?
>>
>>15081344
Men in black are you kidding me. Id watch any of the men and black movies before I ever watch that movie again
>>
>>15080922
lmao
nigga
it’s Saturday
wtf you yappin about neways?
>>
>>15081384
Tony has praised Marvel and Star Wars for their lead ins on Saturday. It just wasnt in the cards that week. And without TBBT the average viewership is 500-600k. Accept it
>>
>>15080956
>>15081069
>>15081145
This tranny's seething hard and has absolutely zero argument
>>
>>15081344
I can either kick you in the face or kick you in the dick. Which one would you rather have? -- It's not an either-or situation. If Black Panther absolutely had to air on one of the two stations, it should have aired on TNT, which is in roughly the same amount of homes as TBS. And TBS could have kept BBT re-runs as the lead-in for AEW Dynamite.

It is crucial that, during this exclusive negotiation period, that variables aren't changed and switched around to make AEW look lesser-than. WBD wouldn't like it if they arranged a Dynamite crossover appearance like Charles Barkley - and Tony Khan loaded up the show with women's matches, squash matches and other ratings poison. After this many years on the TNT/TBS networks, AEW deserves to be given the strongest positioning possible and not be undermined just because WBD wants to save a few million dollars.

Zaslav pulled a bitch move and is daring Tony Khan to walk, which should strongly consider if it means landing a much more lucrative cable+streaming deal for AEW. TK shouldn't stick around and take this disrespect, and hinder his ability to make AEW profitable, all because WBD wants to sandbag and play fuck-fuck games.
>>
>>15081442
Bro I hate GAYEW and want it to fail.
The question was which movie I would like to see.
MIB is a classic insanely rewatchable
MIIB was a good followup I liked it some dont
Never watched the others.
Black panther sucked and only saw it becausd after the jumanji movie we went to black panther right after it was over for free.
10 dollars for 2 movies
>>
why are e drones so insane bros?
>>
This is the gayest thread in the history of this board
>>
>>15081665
>>15081667
Pigman Jones seething and oinking over here
>>
>>15081631
I also agree that Tony should walk. Because the outcome would be very very funny to me
>>
>>15080922
seek help, console wars have taken over your life
>>
>>15081769
>It is crucial that, during this exclusive negotiation period, that variables aren't changed and switched around to make AEW look lesser-than. WBD wouldn't like it if they arranged a Dynamite crossover appearance like Charles Barkley - and Tony Khan loaded up the show with women's matches, squash matches and other ratings poison. After this many years on the TNT/TBS networks, AEW deserves to be given the strongest positioning possible and not be undermined just because WBD wants to save a few million dollars.

....Yeah, a console warrior droniE definitely typed all that out. You got me.

Who do you work for, bro? What's your angle? Why are you trying so desperately to slide and derail this thread? My angle is that I want Professional Wrestling to be in the strongest broadcasting position possible and we won't get there with WBD playing stupid fuck games with AEW.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.