[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 01TEW2020_TitleScreen-1.jpg (131 KB, 1366x768)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>I'm pleased to officially announce that the newest game in the TEW franchise, Total Extreme Wrestling IX, will be released by Grey Dog Software in just a few weeks. Additionally, the ever-popular developer's journal will begin today in order to reveal what new features and changes you can expect.

Q Why is it called TEW IX and not TEW2024?
>A We've decided to make this change to the naming scheme because having a year in the title is generally used to denote an annual release. As there are several years between modern TEW releases, we felt a switch to numbers would be more appropriate going forward.

Q What will the licensing situation be?
>A The game will be under the QLM license system that Grey Dog Software has been using for the past couple of years. As those who have used it will know, this is a much easier to use and more convenient system than the old Elicense system that was used in the past.

Q What new features and changes will there be?
>A The Developer's Journal starts today and will be used to reveal new features and changes. There will be at least one entry every weekday between now and the game's release. As usual, a lot of the changes come directly from posts that people have made in the Suggestions forum over the past four years.

Q Is this an entirely new game?
>A TEW IX uses the same base as TEW2020, so you'll recognize the general layout and concepts - this is because there's no sense in "reinventing the wheel" when we already have a very popular, stable basis to work off. The new features and changes are applied on top of that foundation to enhance and expand the game.

Q Will there be a Mac version?
>A No. Grey Dog Software only produces Windows-based games.

Q What times will the release be?
>A To avoid a large spike in traffic and the problems that causes, we will not be announcing an exact time for release. It will, however, be handled by Grey Dog Software and so be on US time.
>>
>>15097196
>Dev Journal - Day 1
>Booking Team / Creative Energy And Ideas

>Each company can now optionally have a booking team of up to five people. This team is there to assist the head booker in carrying out their duties.

>At the start of the night of a show, the booking team meets (even if it's just the head booker working alone). Each member is rated on their Booking Skill and generates a new concept to the game, Creative Energy (CE). The higher the skill levels and better the team work together, the greater the levels of CE they will be able to generate. Some CE is automatically spent on the show to fulfil the basic creativity requirement of putting on a wrestling event (the longer the show is, the more CE is required), with a penalty incurred to your final show rating if you don't have enough. Whatever CE is left over is "banked" and can either be saved to be used on future shows or spent on Creative Ideas, which we'll cover in a moment.
>>
>>15097199
>The booking team is a high-pressure environment and will act as a "hot house"; that is, relationships will tend to act as if they're on steroids, with people who would normally be mildly friendly really bonding and people who'd normally be slightly antagonistic becoming enemies. This means that while you can stuff your booking team with lots of members in order to try and generate more CE, you run the risk of creating more drama; having a chaotic booking team full of people playing politics, particularly if splits develop, can really harm how well it functions. Additionally, people will be always take quite a large morale hit if you kick them off the team, so you have to be careful about who you select - keeping a close eye on the personalities involved and existing relationships is key. Smaller teams have the disadvantage that they don't have as many people contributing CE, but they can be slightly easier to manage and get bonuses (particularly for someone working alone) to simulate greater levels of focus. Overall, finding a balanced, well-adjusted booking team can be a great boon for a company, whereas a dysfunctional one can cause a lot of issues. This makes for a fun game-within-a-game and adds a new dimension to TEW.

>Oh, and did I mention that people can also request / demand to join the team, get annoyed if their political rivals are on the team, etc, so that you potentially have to navigate tricky backstage politics that have lasting consequences? It's one of the ways that the backstage environment will feel more alive than in previous games.
>>
>>15097202
>Going back to the Creative Ideas, these are essentially purchasable "booking aids" that can be deployed to give certain effects. The available choices are Creative Finishes, Angle Ideas, Gimmick Ideas, Storylines Ideas and Character Ideas. Each costs a certain amount of CE and then can be used in-game. For example, you might deploy a Creative Finish (via a road agent note) to a big match to try and boost its rating a little more, or use a Gimmick Idea to increase the chance of someone's new gimmick being more successful. Each idea comes with a success rating that tells you how much of a gamble it is (if the gamble doesn't pay off you may actually experience a penalty from using it), an expiry date which you have to use it by, and can also have a random restriction applied to it, such as only being able to be used on a specific worker in a specific situation. When you purchase an idea you can name it so that it's easy to keep track of what you have available to you at any point in time.

>Overall, these features work together to better simulate the backstage politics of wrestling, make the locker room environment more vibrant, and give some fun extra mini games to help you feel more like you're actually sitting in the booker's chair.
>>
>>15097206
>Worker Ideas
>Tying in to the Creative Ideas feature described above, creatively-minded workers on your roster can now come up with their own ideas that automatically get added to your arsenal of stored ideas. You don't have to purchase these, they come for free, but (naturally) are restricted to being used on that worker alone. Of course, if a worker comes to you with a Creative Finish that just happens to be restricted to only being used when he wins, that does mean you might have to change your booking plans....

>New attributes have also been added to the game so that more (and less) creative workers can be simulated.

>Locking Child Production Values
>By popular request, you can now set whether your child company is autonomous or not when it comes to changing their own production values or relying on you to do it for them. This gives you greater control and allows you to stop situations where they're behaving in a way you don't want them to.

>Backdrops / Stable Backdrops / Alliance Backdrops / Brand Logos And Backdrops
>Many people like the GIF picture packs that allow custom backdrops to appear behind a worker's picture in game. Previously this was limited to just being the company logo, but this has now been expanded to allow custom backdrops that are specific to the company, stables, alliances and brands. (These have separate subfolders within the Pictures folder to allow them to be easily distributed.) This allow a greater degree of control over how the game looks for each company.

>Product Narratives
>By request, several new narratives have been added to allow a company's product to be updated / evolved over time to match reality. This is particularly useful for those making historical databases.

>Random Broadcasting Slot Length
>By request, database makers can now set broadcasting contracts to have random lengths rather than needing to pick a specific expiry setting.
>>
>>15097196
>still no fullscreen
>>
Buy an ad faggot
>>
File: file.png (2 KB, 618x18)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
SHIT, FUCK, NO

MY 18 YEAR OLD SAVE

I'M NOT READY TO LET IT GO YET

AIIEEEEEEE
>>
>>15097231
8 year old*
>>
CORNELLVERSECHADS WHERE WE AT?

FINALLY SOME FUCKING CHANGES
>>
>>15097196
Those CE mana points sound kinda dogshit to be honest
>>
>>15097199
>>15097202
>>15097206
>>15097213
Not a fan of this CE shit
>>
>>15097196
>TEW IX uses the same base as TEW2020
into the trash it goes then
>>
>>15097266
huh what u mean?
>>
>>15097275
>huh what u mean?
I don't know. Th-th-tha-that's a good question. I don't know.
>>
>>15097196
I hope it goes back to dividing the roster by Main Event, Upper Midcard, Midcard, Lower Midcard, Opener and Enhancement Talent. That Recognizable/Unimportant shit is trash.
>>
>>15097326
cringe
>>
is this real
>>
>>15097430
yes
https://forum.greydogsoftware.com/topic/57253-tew-ix-announcement-developers-journal/#comment-1494482
>>
>>15097440
well shit, i thought it was a shitpost. i thought adam said there wouldn't be anymore tew games. hope it's good
>>
>>15097199
>>15097202
This is going to make Attiitue era mods so much fun
>>
>>15097196
>A TEW IX uses the same base as TEW2020, so you'll recognize the general layout and concepts - this is because there's no sense in "reinventing the wheel"

I would say this is a case where that is exactly what this autistic pile of shit need.
>>
I might give it a shot I havent played these games in a couple years
Kinda bullshit not to mention a release date
>>
Astounding the appetite for this autism simulator is so strong it powers thru the worst imaginable UI. He’d been better off just mirroring the Excel as the UI
>>
>>15097196
>>15097199
>>15097202
>>15097206
>>15097213
yeah but can i book a limo to blow up and kill the boss? or have a wrestling shove another in front of an oncoming train?
>>
Bro going to put in game currency and make tew pay to win
Grim.
>>
Never played this. I play JoW on my phone, during downtime, does TEW work well on mobile or do I have to be at a computer to play it?
>>
>>15097940
GMS Yes do very the needful sars.
>>
Whats the QRD on this game? Is it just a pure manager game or something?
>>
>>15097196
nice
>>
Will this version help Tony book better?
>>
>>15097980
Yes its basically the wrestling version of Football Manager except with the autism dial turned up by 100.
>>
>>15097430
No it's my fanfic
>>
No idea why he insists in making the TEW more "gamey"

People just want a booking sandbox
>>
Kek I like how this boomer refuses to modernize, develops a game in total secret and then just says its dropping next month

Everyone was mad at him with 2020 and 4 yeas later, there's like one non-vaporware alternative lmao
Based adam
>>
>Won't use a new engine because he's too lazy to learn how to code it
Pro Wrestling Simulator is going to leave TEW in the dust if that fella keeps improving it
>>
>>15098692
PWS is just a fancy Unity UI, game is completely barebones. It's terrible.
>>
>>15097196
no interest if he's still using that terrible outdated engine.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.