[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: grim.png (955 KB, 589x877)
955 KB
955 KB PNG
[Alarming News] On today's Wrestling Observer Radio Dave Meltzer said that WWE decided to release the WrestleMania 40 documentary on Wednesday an hour before Dynamite to hurt their ratings.
>>
If you’d rather watch that than a live Dynamite you didn’t really wanna watch Dynamite
>>
>>15109046
This lol.
>>
>>15109046
>you didn’t really wanna watch Dynamite
Nobody does.
>>
>>15109046
Kek this
>>
File: 1719863385287228.png (255 KB, 655x614)
255 KB
255 KB PNG
>>15109046
Of course.
Who in the blue hell want to watch Dynamite? Have you seen the ratings?
>>
>>15109046
It’s crazy how aew fans will literally watch anything but AEW
>>
>>15109043
Evil fucking company
>>
>>15109043
This might actually be the first justifiable "people were actually watching something else" excuse because it's atleast related to wrestling. It's always retarded when Dave implies that AEW fans of all people watch NBA or some shit.
>>
File: file.png (65 KB, 1359x329)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>leonard lead in
Going to be a grim rating for Dynamite
>>
>Wanting to watch a documentary instead of 2 hours of heckin bangarino's
We don't want those people
>>
File: IMG_6225.jpg (1.1 MB, 1290x1336)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
The real reason is that WWE see a weakness and its the lead in, the Big Bang theory . They saw what could happen if it’s disrupted how the whole show tanks.

This insider show only really appeals to smarks anyway…..
>>
>>15109043
Not competition though right, piggiEs
>>
>>15109043
WHAT? HOW DARE WWE TRY TO COMPETE WITH THE COMPANY THAT SAID THEY WERE TRYING TO COMPETE WITH THEM?!? THIS ISN'T FAIR TO TONY SOMEONE CALL THE POLICE RIGHT FUCKING NOW.
>>
>>15109111
Is tv really this shit now that networks just put in 2+hour blocks of reruns for the same 2-3 shows all night and day?
>>
>>15109282
It's worse, some networks are just one show for 12+ hours.
>>
>>15109282
Yes. I was in a hospital and literally Friends from 9am-3pm then Big Bang from 3-7pm
>>
>>15109282
MTV is literally just Ridiculousness all day every day
Other stations just play a marvel movie nightly
Turner classic movies and wrestling is basically the only reason I keep cable nowadays
>>
>>15109043
>We can compete with WWE
>We're ready to pass RAW ratings
>The show is good it's top spot on cable on a Wednesday from 801 to 811
>AEW is the Pepsi of wrestling
>We aren't scared of competing
>It's a matter of public record we won against NXT
WWE airs programming
>NOOOOOO NOOOOO THEY USE UNFAIR TACTICS
>THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY SCHEDULING EVERYTHING TO MAKE TONY DO COCAINE
>THE WHOLE POINT OF WM 40 WAS TO CREATE A DOCUMENTARY TO PLACE AN HOUR BEFORE AEW PROGRAMMING I MENA UH UH UH ITS UH OBVIOUS AT THIS POINT
>>
>>15109093
a shit ton of hardcore fans are black that follow NBA.
The NBA does Anime crossovers all the time now.

You’re a dipshit
>>
Evil fuarking company....
>>
>>15109337
AEW fans are not sports fans, they’re all pseudo intellectuals who think they’re too smart for normal sports
They’re the people the jocks bullied in high school
>>
>>15109043
I listened to Meltzer in length for the first time in years yesterday because an anon posted a link to the full forbidden door recap, and I genuinely couldn't believe how mind melted about AEW he is. I know he coped about ratings and fanboys over his friends, but he's descended into full on retardation at this point.
>starts off complaining about people making fun of AEW
>calls the event a very big and profitable success whether anyone wants to admit it or not
>constant shots throughout about people who criticize AEW or talents
>calls Mistico a global superstar
>every single match and wrestler is great, tremendous, high quality and superb (except for Mercedes, he hates her kek)
>Danielson vs some Japanese guy would have been match of the year in many other years but it isn't even match of the show
>Swerve and Ospreay had an incredible build, and are huge draws and have elevated themselves to megastar status
>anytime chico would say a single negative thing or talk about something being illogical or forgotten Dave ignores it completely, says he's wrong, or just says "oh yeah, well, I guess" and moves on so he doesnt have to talk about it.
>his match recaps are literally just "WHOA THIS SPOT, WOW IT WAS AMAZING"
The man is truly mindbroken by AEW criticism and treats the company like it's his child
>>
File: 1498542077028.png (371 KB, 1198x1203)
371 KB
371 KB PNG
>>15109282
>>
File: 1498542729595.png (275 KB, 1175x1262)
275 KB
275 KB PNG
>>15109353
>>
how long are wwe docs typically? 2 hours?
>>
>>15109353
>>15109356
i feel like people have come around on teen titans go lately, i watched a few episodes with my nephew and didn't really get the hate. thought it was funny
>>
>>15109282
The entirety of cable at this point is like when G4 was going out of business and just showed Cops and Cheaters for 22 out of 24 hours.
>>
>>15109111
Is this not a drawing episode like last week's?
>>
>>15109365
It’s still an abomination that shits all over the original
>>
>>15109348
>megastar status
This to me is the best thing. Dave trying to claim he knows what "megastar" means. Megastars are Hogan vs Rock, two guys so over that just confronting each other in the ring creates more energy than an entire AEW show. Those are megastars. Ospreay is a guy who could be a main event star if he learned to dial it back, and leaned more into his mic and gimmick skills. Swerve is a midcard act who got a push because he's black and stated so. Neither are megastars.
>>
>>15109282
TCM and MeTV Toons are the only channels that give a fuck. Execs are intentionally sabotaging every other channel and using streaming as the excuse. It's the same reason terrestrial radio is shit, outside of college stations.

Scorsese and Spielberg had to personally intervene to make sure their kino network didn't get raped.

https://apnews.com/article/turner-classic-movies-spielberg-scorsese-anderson-9447f7c1cd320e9bae7e3aa495c36902
>>
>>15109348
>calls the event a very big and profitable success whether anyone wants to admit it or not
AEW isn't making a cent of profit off Forbidden Snore. The whole company runs at a loss.
>calls Sin Cara a global superstar
FUCKING KEK
>Swerve and Ospreay
Are both complete flops who can't draw worth shit. They're the 502k duo. Also Ospreay is one of the worst wrestlers to ever live and all his matches are 0 stars.

It's funny how smarks insist Dave isn't on the AEW payroll when he's shilling for it this blatantly.
>>
They're trying to beat the true competition, BBT.
>>
>>15109348
Dave seethed over HHH not signing OceanSpray because he knew that WWE would present him better and make him tone down while still being a top guy.

Basically anytime he seethes over WWE not signing someone, you get his true opinion. You know he wanted O'Spreay in WWE over AEW because in AEW O'Spreay is just going to have matches and not really do much. It's the same shit with Okada.
>>
>>15109046
kek has anyone called dave out for this bullshit? wonder what the cope was
>>
File: 1711855414704335.webm (2.58 MB, 480x854)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB WEBM
>>15109859
>>
>>15109859
What? No Dave wants Will to kill himself for Dave’s amusement, he doesn’t want Will to tone anything down. The 30 minute epic that Will has every match is what gets Dave off
>>
>>15109046
I will never watch AEW so you are not wrong.
>>
>>15109046
What type of mark am I if this is more interesting than both Dynamite and actually Wrestlemania itself ? Wrestlemania had like 2 good matches, meanwhile this could be more interesting.
>>
>>15109870
How do people listen to this rambling?
>>
>>15109043
>>15109046
I love this narrative Dave is always pushing that AEW fans have zero loyalty and will watch literally anything other than AEW if they can
KWAB
>>
>>15109043
Evil, evil fed. We will not forgive them.
>>
>>15109404
Non Penny/Leonard episodes are dimeless. All the other girlfriends are hags so it doesn't give the geeks watching hope they can score a 10/10
>>
File: 1711855100792388.webm (2.32 MB, 480x854)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB WEBM
>>
>>15109935
Bernadette’s big tits are a draw brother
>>
>>15109043
I don't think this is wrong or even that hard to see. This would be the easiest piece of non ppv content that could get people watching on peacock and instead they're releasing it for free on youtube and it just happens to be on a Wednesday night. Even as a WWE fan it's hard not to call this one as it seems
>>
>>15109876
WWE would treat Will right and love him better.
>>
File: 1719856270520498.gif (2.23 MB, 640x488)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB GIF
>>15109348
Mindbroken? Not so sure because I'm sure he his taking big money from Tony. Big big money.
If is not the case he is a total idiot
>>
File: 1718916532059158.png (260 KB, 640x663)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
>>15109870
This guys are retards. They're always wrong about everything, it's so funny
>>
>>15109282
Sadly yes. One of the many toxic consequences of streaming is that TV channels, who used to carefully curate rerun blocks that rotated shows every year or two, stopped doing this in favor of going after the audience demo that like to "binge watch" shows; this meant networks will dedicate 6-8 hours to one show every day and networks get away with it because it basically saves channels obscene amounts of money since it's cheaper than constantly buying new rerun packages and finance new original shows
>>
>>15109282
It's been like that for well over a decade
>>
>>15109348
>>calls the event a very big and profitable success
It’s so funny that Tony can just tell Dave it was a million dollar gate and Dave will turn right around and defend it to the death on twitter and his radio show for years to come. He’s spent the last few days lumping it in with smackdown’s MSG show trying to make them seem like comparable successes. Double or Nothing did a similar attendance and it was just reported (by someone other than Dave) that the gate was closed to $600k.
>>
>>15109345
Shit. They're the people retarded, wheelchair-bound, blind midgets bully regularly.
>>
>>15110159
Dave even believes and reports that AEW PPVs average over 100k buys, which is completely nonsensical
>>
>>15109337
There's a few but not a shit ton. Look at the audiences at the shows and it's almost entirely white people except when they are in Texas or Los Angeles then they have Hispanic people, too.
>>
>>15109329
nailed it better than I could with one of my 3 paragraph rants, well done.

AEW fan doesn't come here to be neutral and have a laugh - it's all about being perpetually offended and punishing anyone who expresses an affinity for WWE programming or even so much as a little hesitation towards watching AEW
>>
>>15109975
there is a less than miniscule amount of people who would sign up for Peacock to watch this WM40 documentary, but NOT for Money in Bank, Bash in Berlin or Summerslam.

When you give away content like this, you're advertising the quality of non-live event material on the WWE Peacock service. It makes little sense to paywall it.

>Even as a WWE fan
Yet you don't even attempt to see this thing from both sides. Who are you trying to impress, Hogwheels and Ojama? Just grim.
>>
>>15109348
The best comment Dave made was when he was talking about how amazing Ospreay and Swerve are and how they go so far and above to put on a great show and make everything amazing even if they don't have to. He said something like "They don't need to do any of this crazy stuff, because those two guys, I knew the match would be great no matter what they did, you can't book that match without it being grea, but they still did do all the crazy stufft" He just literally admits now he's already made up his mind that matches are going to be 5 star bangers before they even begin, so everything that happens in them is just the cherry on top. He's legit insane at this point.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.