[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Henry-4.jpg (105 KB, 900x506)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
What do we think about Mark Henry's "Hall of Pain" run?
>>
Based. Should've been longer. And they shouldn't have made him be a bitch against the big show
>>
Universally beloved.
>>
It only took them a decade to realize that the WORLD'S STRONGEST MAN should have the gimmick of being a monster that destroys people and puts them in pain.
>>
Shit was dimes but it is what it is
>>
>>15109853
>I gotta lotta sugar left in the tank
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>15109853
Didn't this guy eat a shoot shit sandwich?
>>
>>15109853
Loved it. It was a legitimately entertaining run and it was incredible to see him step up the way he had after over a decade to finally become a true main event guy and a world champion
>>
>>15109853
Most based heel turn of the 2010’s
>>
It’s funny because Mark Henry is probably one of the all time nicest guys in the industry.
>>
>>15109853
Worse than his Sexual Chocolate run, but still pretty good.
>>
mark henry is legit my favorite wrestler of all time and it happened when he got his monster heel run and started going through the entire smackdown roster
>>
>>15109853
His entrance music became 100x more impactful during the hall of pain
>>
Should've fought Nash
>>
>I got a lot of thong left in this bussy playa
>>
he should have won the wwe title
>>
File: 65764.jpg (89 KB, 379x480)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>15109853
a large black gentlemen?
>>
>>15110015
Before he was kicked out of the nation, The Rock buttfucked him with his famous strudel.
>>
>>15109853
Dimes
>>
>>15110864
Would Sugarbuns Henry get over? I'm thinking yes
>>
>>15110876
Only if him and Rock were in a tag team and they'd celebrate every victory with Mizark twerking on Rock's tiny ding-a-ling
>>
>>15109853
It’s the best monster run ever performed in WWE.
Shame for it’s brevity. Wish we got this run with a younger healthier Henry but I guess you need the grizzled vet aspect of this to really work.

He should’ve beat Cena though. Even if it was a nothing 3 week reign. He deserved a run for that fake retirement speech.
>>
It's incredible how WWE fucked up his runs in both 2011 & 2013
>>
>>15109853
a high point during wwe's worst era.
>>
>>15109853
Could a white man pull off a salmon colored jacket?
>>
>>15110898
A lot was overshadowed in 2011 to push “once” in a lifetime. Damn shame.
I wonder what WWE would’ve looked like in the 10s if characters were allowed to grow. if they didn’t need to suck the Rock off for 2 years and have Brock bury the rest of the roster for the remaining 8
>>
>>15110919
No.
Dark skin works best with bright colors. Light skin works best with dark colors.
>>
One of the few good bits of the 2010's era no doubt. I wasn't sold at all at the beginning because Henry was fucking awful back in the day you know, and while his main event run wasn't perfect either it was far from being bad or unwatchable, if anything it was a nice "midcarder finally got a clue" kind of thing, specially one with his physique and promo skill.

7/10 I'd say, memorable moments here and there but nothing that changes the industry, solid entertainment and made it clear that he's an B+ or even A tier player.
>>
>>15109853
Absolute garbage, just like the rest of his career. This dude getting a nostalgia run just because he was around for a long time was kind of retarded. He was a jobber and all of a sudden he's got the world title. Literally Jinder Mahal tier.
>>
He was the most "everybody gets a turn!" of the "everybody gets a turn!" champions 2bh
>>
It was well done, long deserved, long oerdue but at the same time, timed perfectly. Hats off to Mark and WWE for both seeing things like that in the long term and pulling it off; WWE spent ten years turning Mark into a star and Mark didn'tgive up after lots of hazing and other humiliating tactis because he signed a contract for $1 million a year for 10 years. Both sides got returns on their investments.

The retirement speech was ery well done, definitely a highlight of his career.
>>
>>15110087
Stole my line

>>15110810
Somebody's gonna get their ass licked... great song
>>
>>15110944
It shows in how few big wrestlers were born in the late 80s and early 90s
>>
>>15110944
>A lot was overshadowed in 2011 to push “once” in a lifetime.
Henrys run had nothing to do with that. His got endded for Bryans heel run
>>
>>15111429
It shows that at some point, only nostalgia held priority.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.