[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: image.psd(3).jpg (63 KB, 1100x1007)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
Why did WWE silently kill the Hell in a Cell PPV?
>>
>>15110943
Because it was a bad idea from the start to plan a yearly PPV around a dangerous match type meant to be used only as part of a heated feud.
>>
They're bringing it back this year as Bad Blood
>>
File: sethetty.jpg (69 KB, 1200x801)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>15110943
You tell me.
>>
>>15110943
Match types being PPVs was always cancer and simply allowed WWE to move into even more of an autopilot.
The Rumble should be the only one of these ever allowed (and, unpopular opinion, even the Royal Rumble should be removed.)
>>
The tards realized that it should be saved for special blood feuds.
>>
>>15110970
Yeah, that's stupid, the Rumble is WWE's G1, an event unique to them that affects the booking majorly
>>
>>15110943
Nobody cares about Heck in a Kek
>>
>>15110943
Hell In A Cell should be a stipulation, not a pre planned event like MITB
>>
>>15110943
Because it never should have existed. They should move away from more match type named ppvs barring the Rumble
>>15110961
This. As much shit as Edge gets on here thank god for him and his last run because those two cell matches he had with Rollins and Balor alone did more to service the HIAC and help reestablish its meaning than every cell match WWE had across something like 10 years worth of HIAC ppvs combined. It was always meant to be a blood feud ender. Not some match that happens because it's that month of the year again
>>
>>15110943
they have leaked Bad Blood PPV for this October, which will have a Hell in a Cell match.
>>
>>15110994
Renaming it doesn't actually fix the problem
>>
hell in a cell should be a gimmick and not a ppv
>>
>>15110979
>the Rumble is WWE's G1
Hardly.
It’s WWE’s easiest way to autopilot a WrestleMania Main Event and means hardly any effort in writing or building needs to go into main event feuds because of it.
As such the months leading to that match are often wonky and filler because it’s not a half year wait like the G1 which can be filled with other feuds on the way. all paths lead to one feud and matchup and everything else is being stalled out until then.
ALL match type PPVs need to go, this includes the rumble.
>>
File: 1717630468244654.png (678 KB, 1220x960)
678 KB
678 KB PNG
>>15110943
It buries the gimmick when you have multiple matches a night, every year, on schedule. The only matches that do work are MITB and the Royal Rumble, and there's a serious argument for axing the former. But both are carried by a tradition of serious world title implications. Things like HIAC and the Elimination Chamber and TLC are supposed to be special. Plus, it kills intrigue when the fans know that one of these matches are coming up. You know booking decisions are bound by these stips.
>>
>>15111043
It's a good thing you're not booking
>>
>>15110986
i hate saying this….but Cody Rhodes has the best Hell In A Cell match of the 21st century
>>
>>15110943
I hate every cage match variant because you can't see SHIT
>>
>>15110994
They should also rename Elimination Chamber back to No Way Out
>>
>>15111055
Yeah, you might’ve had something better this year than Muh Daddeh for the second year in a row and memorable actual match rather than a parade of names coming out because the fans don’t give a shit about either of the actual competitors.
>>
>>15110961
>>15110970
>>15110976
>>15110983
>>15110986
>>15111052
Except they immediately replaced it with war games
>>
>>15111062
His was great. Crossed my mind after I posted that. Cody/Rollins, Edge/Rollins, Edge/Balor are the three that actually warranted being a Hell in a Cell match
>>
>>15111072
This for sure. Not only does it still work with the chamber match but then if there ever isn't a chamber match it doesn't hurt anything and they aren't backing themselves into a corner to force one
>>
>>15111097
No, war games replaced survivor series. Which is shit for its own reason, that being that the entire point of it was seeing big names take pinfalls
>>
>>15111097
I hate this too for whatever that's worth. It was fine when you have an actual faction like the Bloodline. But it still being a match that happens every year in the same spot on the same show makes it so incredibly forced where even if a story calls for it then you know they're only teaming these guys up being it's war games time
>>
remember TLC? That was awful
>>
>>15110943
Because I can't see shit in the ring.
>>
>>15111169
Did they do away with that? In my head it feels like it's still a thing. I can't at least remember what they ever replaced it with. This was one of the less egregious ones because you don't really need too much of a reason to do a ladder or tables or TLC match. But then they got retarded with it by doing the stupid stairs shit or having TLC matches with no belt or anything above the ring. They never should have started doing that string of match type ppvs
>>
>>15110943
Hell is a no-no word
>>
>>15110961
It's too bad Phil is made of glass because it would be perfect for him and drew
>>
>>15111097
war games is so much better for multiple reasons:
>can be but doesn't need to be dangerous
>the dangerous spots are divided between a shitload of wrestlers
>mostly works as a regular match, no need to do crazier and crazier spots to one-up the previous matches
>doesn't need to be personal, it's just a big, once per year event like royal rumble
>doesn't diminish a match type that used to be a last resort and a feud ender
>>
>>15111097
War Games always took place once per year in WCW ya retard
>>
>>15111097
What point are you trying to make? Yeah, that'll run its course too. This thread was about HIAC, and nothing said really fails to apply to that too. WWE is just fortunate enough right now to have a really, really prominent faction to carry the stip.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.