[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why don't people talk about B-I Cannon as the top tag team of all time?

They were the most dominant tag team in Japanese history and were both such megastars that they created two large and successful promotions out of their own names.
Seriously, what tag team had more of an impact on the business than Inoki/Baba?
>>
So who is the janetty?
>>
>>15332934
The Mega Powers. Both men are still over in the only country that matters.
>>
>>15332947
Don't make me say it.
>>
>>15332947
Well, Baba was the most successful singles guy when they were both in the JWA. He got a big singles push early on, especially internationally.

One of the reasons Inoki decided to create NJPW was because he believed in himself as a singles star and the JWA didn't want him to do much outside of B-I Cannon. So most of Inoki's singles wins and championships happened within his own promotion.
But Baba was on Inoki's side and also wanted Inoki pushed as a singles guy. He too hated that they wanted to push Rikidozan's hangers-on forever instead of them.
>>
File: 1344799153.jpg (62 KB, 284x406)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>15332934
>you can Baba-back the fuck off, dude! Everybody knows The Hulkster is ICHIBAN and the best tag team partner Inoki-san ever had, brother.
>>
>>15333047
There was a top tag team fan vote a few years back and B-I Cannon still got number 1. Holy Demon Army 2, Bruiser and Hansen 3. I do think Hogan and Inoki made the top 10 though (Inoki and Sekiguchi ranked 6th)
>>
>>15332947
The manlet.
>>
File: C6zL_87V0AAY7U3.jpg (88 KB, 505x656)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>15332947
According to the Japanese people, Inoki is the Michaels, and Baba is the Jannetty.
>>
>>15334202
The Japanese are fucking gay and disrespectful
>>
>>15334202
That's not a surprise if you consider the following:

Inoki created a promotion where he booked himself as the unbeatable top guy for almost 20 years straight. Didn't put over his direct "successor" Fujinami until 1989 when it was far too late for him to ever recover.

Baba, on the other hand, immediately de-emphasized himself and pushed others like Jumbo and later Misawa.
>>
>>15334209
You are mistaken if you think Inoki's popularity is solely because of wrestling. By the end of the 70s and the start of the 80s, he was already larger than the wrestling business as he made a name for himself in combat sports (even though they were fake and gay), showbiz (through variety shows, tv dramas and movies) and politics (through Diet and his peace/humanitarian missions overseas). That's one of the reasons why he booked himself so strong, because of his tremendously strong name value.
>>
>>15334202
It's clear as day Inoki is the Michaels. Anyone who says otherwise is coping.
>>
>>15334229
Inoki was clearly the Michaels, I agree

but Baba was the better man and I still admire him more

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.