[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_7547.jpg (742 KB, 1290x1029)
742 KB
742 KB JPG
Swerve it probably getting at least 5 million
>>
>>15835185
Gracias Kdawg
>>
>>15835185
Tony Khan has singlehandedly ruined the wrestling economy. He completely priced out anyone that isn't WWE
>>
>>15835185
Kek what a raging autistic overpaying nerd BITCH.
>>
>>15835204
This. Indies are going to suffer even more because now nobodies with a year or less are going to expect $200 or more
>>
>>15835204
many people are saying this
>>
File: images-81.jpg (42 KB, 576x533)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>15835185
Vince had Tony pegged years ago.
>>
>>15835185
How would Konnan know this when TK doesn't even speak to him lmao
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (93 KB, 1280x720)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
Tony Khan has never and will never ever be this mad
>>
>>15835225
We don't use fact's or logic here
>>
>>15835219
Vince still had some based calls in the dementia years. He could sniff out shitters until the very end
>>
Konnan still absolutely seething that Tone jumped to CMLL when the AAA guys turned out to be a fucking hassle.
>>
>>15835219
And yet most of the talent is now back in wwe
>>
>>15835215
Indy guy here . AEW dark already gave shitters huge heads with the paydays they were getting . Guys were making 1300 sometimes a taping for dark and even now with ROH they get more.

Then they come back to the indies and act like they worked Mania. Often times not wanting to work with certain people and put over anyone.
>>
>>15835309
Because Triple Gay is a smark manlet lover.
>>
>>15835325
grim
>>
>>15835215
For some people, but the hotdog and handshake economy seems rather stable. Taylor Swift doesn't really make it so bars can't afford "local bands".
>>
>>15835325
hahaha 1300 a shot? does that include trans? Holy fuck Tony is a retard
>>
>>15835185
How come Konnan didn’t get overpaid to keep his partnership?
>>
>>15835185
why isnt he overpaying to keep the lucha bros then? kek
>>
>>15835204
Maybe WWE should pay the same then. Aren't they making record profits? It would be like a drop in the ocean for them.
>>
>>15835185
Every big company does this. I mean every company not just wrestling.
>>
>>15835414
I know a guy that was paid 2500 for the latest ring of honor tapings. He wrestled like once.

It doesn’t include transportation. But even WWE back they would only pay you $500. He’s way overpaying for absolute shitters . It’s even worse if Dave puts over someone because Tony immediately calls the talent and books them.
>>
>>15835185
Rich kid can't stand when his toys are taken away
>>
>Like person who works for you
>Pay extra to keep them
Pretty sure that's normal in businesses that werent operating under a monopoly for 20 years

Never forget that guys like Bryan Danielson and Kevin Steen took pay cuts when they initially signed with WWE lmao
>>
>>15835401
Taylor Swift isn't Brandon Cutler, 2 Dimes or whichever local jobber that Tony is paying 6x the normal rate to so they drop their bookings and come work for him u til he decides he wants a new toy jobber
>>
>>15835465
>>15835325
>supposedly a wrestler
>cries because wrestlers are getting paid more money
lol
>>
>>15835475
if brandon cutler sucks then why would you care if he isnt booked on your local indie? your own logic is retarded
>>
>>15835491
You've moved the goalposts so far they're not even on the sample planet as where they started.
If you pay Brandon Cutler 7x his worth then you have to pay everyone else 7x their worth too. So then other companies go out of business trying to match this bizarre standard. And when these guys get fired they can't maintain their standards of living.
>>
>>15835235
Tony Khan had a multi day twatter meltdown, aired the CM punk footage and sent edge out to give one of the cringiest promos of all time during one of his tantrums
>>
Didn't Vince cry when DEAN left?
>>
File: codykek.png (1.08 MB, 1101x754)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>makes wwe pay their wrestlers more
>makes aew pay their wrestlers more
kek gotta love the codester
>>
>>15835235
He literally made a public press conference to announce an investigation into people saying mean things to him on twitter and claimed all of it was by bots.
>>
>>15835325
Who did you know getting $1300??? My friends all got $500 for a dark match, $100 for extra work.

You're spot on about the inflated ego. It's sad really. I know people would raise their rates to $200 because they were in dark for a 3min squash.
>>
I was so on board for AEW in the first few years but Tony has completely destroyed any hope of AEW being the revolution it was supposed to be. The promotion is relatively a fucking low tier disaster at this point and with slim chances it’ll recapture any of the magic it had at one point. It’s like WCW 2.0 if they transitioned into Dixie’s TNA instead of dying because Daddy Khan money keeps this freak show project alive.
>>
>>15835414
>does that include trans?
No, you have to buy your own trannies.
>>
>>15835185
No shit. Tony doesn't want to run a wrestling company, he just wants to pay be friends with all the big, strong wrestlers.
>>
File: 1724370405785047.jpg (660 KB, 1170x1448)
660 KB
660 KB JPG
>>15835185
MY TOYS
>>
>>15839105
I feel we got sold on AEW being built into a legitimate bigtime wrestling promotion and we got hoodwinked. It’s an aimless indie with rich boy budget.
>>
>>15835185
Swerve is a guy AEW legitimately can't afford to lose. He's their identity right now. If he went to WWE, it's over. So they have to overpay him, he's actually worth the absurd price tag to them. Same with Mox. If he left, it's a death blow, so I would not be surprised if he was given an absurd deal too.
>>
>>15835479
Tony Khan has priced those indie promotions you pretend to love so much out of the market
He's raised the price of guys so much it's either WWE or AEW. There's no place in the market for anyone but those two now.
>>
>>15839137
It’s just pwg with an unlimited money cheat but booked by a fan on a message board and not super dragon
>>15839253
> it’s over for AEW if they lose swerve
No. Just no. They would be fine and swerve would end up on smackdown jobbing to la knight
>>
>>15835204
Kek he even out priced WWE, they cant afford any of these big names
>>
>>15839342
>swerve would end up on smackdown jobbing to la knight
probably the right spot for him tbqh
>>
>>15836076
>twitter
zoom zoom zoom
>cm punk footage
Why Bret Why!?
>sent edge out to give one of the cringiest promos of all time
cost less than an add in the NYT crying about Ted Turner
>>15836111
this never happened, it wasn't a press conference specifically for any of that.

To sum up, Tony Khan has never and will never ever be as mad as Vincent, Big Black Cock Slave, McMahon
>>
>>15835185
Lesnar loves money why the hell doesn't he sign up? Tony would be willing to pay him double what Vince paid
>>
>>15839475
good morning sir
>>
Everything Konnan says should be disregarded because he has such an obvious axe to grind with AEW. Way more than Cornette or anyone else.

They dropped AAA and went with CMLL and kind of fucked him over. But he deserved it because AAA fucking sucks and Konnan has no idea how to run it.
>>
>>15835185
Why Is He Typing Like This
>>
>>15838944
>he lost faith in AEW because AEW pays ifs wrestlers well
Okay, e-drone.
>>
>>15835479
Let me dumb it down:
Wrestlers who aren't that good but got the chance to work ROH/AEW will now ask people to pay them more without having the skill to back it up so when Indie shitter 1 sees Indie shitter 2 get paid more I.S. 1 will want the same pay. Option B is no one gets paid so everyone loses.
>>
>>15836032
>If you pay Brandon Cutler 7x his worth then you have to pay everyone else 7x their worth too.

Or you offer the same and if some people don't take it you get the next guys in line or wrestling school graduate #7777777
>>
>>15839599
you actually must be mistaken because reddit smarks told me that it's a good thing for all wrestlers that aew exists and they wouldn't lie
>>
>>15839599
It's not a black or white situation. Everything is up for negotiation and the promoter can act like Rick on Pawn Stars if they want.
>>
>>15835204
Indies eternal kwab. Eat shit. You're either with us or against us in this war.
>>
>>15835204
>the second largest wrestling company is run by an autistic man catering to another autistic man
>>
>>15839599
Or
And hear me out
The indies doesn’t book the indie shitter who wants to be paid more after his squash match on rampage and he eventually lower his price or quit
>>
>NOOOOOO you can't pay people competitively in order to keep them from signing with WWE, that's hecking unfair to the multibillion dollar corporation!!!!!
lol this is what you get for having penny pinching Jews run a company instead of a billionaire mark
>>
>>15836032
>other companies go out of business trying to match this bizarre standard.
are you admitting that WWE can't afford to pay wrestlers on par with what AEW does? concerning, hopefully none of your big stars in WWE decide they can make more from signing with AEW, maybe WWE can offer them more hecking WrestleMania moments instead?
>>
>>15835457
Retard he said that ISN'T WWE. WWE can more than afford it, it's literally every other company that can't. How about you read before you sperg out you console warring fucking moron
>>
>>15840003
then why is it WWE and their shills kicking up a stink about it? lol
>it's every other company that can't
they couldn't before AEW came along either, you think mlw or NWA or Roh could pay people even half what WWE was paying people in 2018?
>>
>>15835204
Seems like a good problem to have. High pay for a historically underpaid job. Thank you Tony and your infinite money. Fraid so
>>
>>15835185
>He overpays everyone
this is like the new billion dollar tv deal. its not true. tony no doubt overpays but its not as high as people think
>>
>>15835457
He said anyone who ISN'T the WWE, you fucking stupid customer support employee.
>>
>>15839559
Konnan has nobody to blame for it but himself, the fucker actually told Lee to sign with WWE instead of the promotion he's actually partnered with.
>>
>>15839522
Lesnar wouldn't work with these indie tards. He respects the business.
>>
>>15840512
>Lesnar respects wrestling

fucking lmao. He respects Danielson.
>>
>>15840500
then why is it only WWE and it's shills kvetching about it?
>>
>>15835473
>he is my friend so I will completely destroy my pay rates and any structure the company should have to pay him way above his value and then I will have to pay everyone a similar increase and make my company run at an even more considerable loss
It's very funny that the cope about the new TV deal generating profit has completely died because Tony himself acknowledged that they won't profit from it in a media call, so now the cope is that it's good to make the company lose more money
>>
>>15839610
So you can't read?
>>15839851
Show me where I ever mentioned WWE. Get your brain examined.
>>
>>15839342
Yes, that's what he would be doing in WWE. But he and Ospreay are THE GUYS in AEW. I hate to use this comparison because it implies that these AEW guys are even in the same universe star power-wise, but it'd be like if Stone Cold and The Rock left for Nitro. They were the core identity of the WWF, without them, it's just over.
>>
>>15839253
>>15841005
>Moxley
>Swerve
>Hangman
>Ospreay
>MJF
>Okada
>White
>Takeshita
>Omega
>Christian
>The YB$
>FTR

All of them have years left on their deals. The peak of their roster is pretty safe.
>>
>>15839522
Lesnar hates clown shit more than he loves money. Same thing with Goldberg apparently, didn't like what TK was pitching and walked. AEW claimed it didn't happen but Goldberg has said it did.
>>
>>15835185
>literally treats his employees like toys and throws tantrums when they get taken away in your path
>>
>>15835465
Dave gets a cut
>>
>>15836085
Yeah, with joy.
>>
All you have to do is have some one trick pony gimmick that gets over with the retards on twitter, then you trick Tony into some insane contract by pretending that the fed wants to sign you.
>>
Man there must be 100s of examples of this happening right? Indie guys must be getting paid so much by Tony that they just stay home on a weekend instead right? That's what must be happening. There's a big list out there of guys who are doing exactly this, but just don't ask for proof of it or anything and just forget that Dark isn't even a thing anymore so Tony doesn't even have use for dozens of indie guys a week OK? It IS happening!

Why is it always drones crying and pretending to give a shit about anything that isn't their slop. You disingenuous fuckers won't even watch TNA but you expect us to believe you support indie wrestling? Get the fuck outta here
>>
>>15841890
you are mad as fuck and barely coherent
>>
>>15841938
No proofy?
>>
my favorite threads are the ones where unemployed e-drones roleplay as indie promoters so they can do a performance about how evil AEW ruined them
>>
>>15839342
>No. Just no. They would be fine and swerve would end up on smackdown jobbing to la knight
That is his ceiling realistically, a lower midcarder
>>
>>15835401
The problem is that Tony is now giving talent who deserve to be paid in hotdogs and handshakes life changing money
>>
>>15841956
dont need proof for some dirtsheet slop, you are still mad as fuck and barely coherent (i thought i made myself clear the first time)
>>
>>15835185
Punketty and Jade Cargill(lol) are bleeding Pauletty...KWAB
>>
>>15841977
e-drones yesterday were unironically blaming the deaths of indy promotions in the UK & Australia during the pandemic on AEW. They're insane.
>>
WWE is just mad because it can't just out spend the competition like usual. This is why the idea of some grassroots promotion growing to the size of WWE is unfeasible, because the moment they become a threat the WWE would just offer all their top talent contracts to leave. Can't do that with AEW.
>>
>>15842004
>Swerve's ceiling is a lower midcarder

He's unironically proven himself to have a higher ceiling than any of those pushing 40s shitters making up WWE's uppercard except WALTER, Kevin & Sami
>>
>>15840045
this
>you can't give your employees more money because... BECAUSE YOU JUST CAN'T, OK????
E-drones are such bootlicking faggots lmao
>>
>>15835185
WWE just gave Orton 5+ million dollars a year and he can't even draw a few thousand people in his home town for NXT so they had to cancel the show
>>
>>15842471
KIRDBLT
>>
>>15842452
page, breakker, femi, williams
>>
>>15842497
None of those guys are WWE's uppercard you mushhead. 3/4 aren't even on RAW & Smackdown

>>15842471
rKWABo
>>
>>15842507
you were talking about ceilings
>>
>>15842526
>any of those pushing 40s shitters making up WWE's uppercard

Lachlan was right.

But if we're doing this: Swerve has a higher ceiling than 2 meme prospects and much higher than fucking Ethan Page lmao. And definitely higher than Bron's ceiling, figuratively AND literally.
>>
>>15842584
>Lachlan was right.
'fraid so
>>
>>15835225
I agree with you on this
>>
>>15835185
kek
>>
>>15842584
>>15842591
>>15843615
>>15844389
>reddit spacing
>talking to himself
>necrobumping
Sup ojama Lachlan’s not gonna fuck your Mexican ass bro
>>
>>15835215
Has the same number of points
>>
>>15842392
Sorry you cannot read. Guessing you weren't one of the 18%

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.