[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 5^.jpg (1.25 MB, 1560x3886)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
Has Ospreay surpassed Omega as a better in ring wrestler?
>>
Ospreay has never had a 7 star match, so no
>>
>>15848677
Wilt Chamberlain isn’t the goat just because the scored the most points in a single game
>>
>>15848670
Don't think so
>>
>>15848670
Omega is one of the most overrated faggots in history.
>>
>>15848670
Kenny dressed up like Sephiroth and put on the best match of Ospreay's life and whipped his ass badly.
>>
>>15848776
he'll mog anyone in current wwe
>>
LOL fuck no
>>
>>15848670
This thumbnail obliterated my sides. Omega coming out as the IWGP Heavyweight Champion back when it meant something to a sold out Tokyo Dome at Wrestle Kingdom in a pretty badass walkout costume. Ospreay literally looking like his mom grabbed him an off brand Clockwork Orange Halloween costume from Party City and his mates are taking a profile pic for him on their flip phones in the school cafeteria.
>>
Omega may be half a fanook but ultimately guy when healthy is one of the best in the business. The literal only thing Ospreay has on Omega is even more freakish athleticism. Doesn’t belong in the same conversation as a professional wrestler imo.
>>
File: 4754386584735.jpg (762 KB, 2048x1536)
762 KB
762 KB JPG
>>15848848
Omega and Ospreay are mogged by literally everyone currently in WWE. One is a sawdusted ballerina who can't do ballet anymore and never learned how to wrestle, and the other is an amateur gymnast on his way to Sawdustville who also never learned how to wrestle. They're both complete shit and the absolute state of AEW is a testament to how bad they both are. Although Kenny gets a slight pass since he's been out with an anus injury for months. Ospreay gets no pass whatsoever though.
>>
>>15848670
Ospreay has the exact same match every single time. He is nowhere near Omega.
>>
I personally think Omega is the equivalent of that one guy in your writing class that only knows how to write in long epics and goes like 10 pages over the limit your professor gives you. Awesome material, lots of detail, sometimes tends to get lost in overly dressing his work up but sometimes just too much. Sometimes people want to come home and read a short story that’s concise and impactful and don’t have the time for spare attention to go on a journey of 100 moving parts without filter. That being said I understand why he is perceived as one of the best wrestlers but ideally wish he would just do a little less. But his work and story telling is excellent and thoughtful most of the time. Homie just starts salivating and carries away too often for my liking at times.

And if that’s Omega, Ospreay is the equivalent of the guy in your class that is a freak of nature that physically writes at the speed of light and can finish his papers and work in like half the time everyone else. While gifted in that way, problem is this: he’s fucking retarded and the entire 5 pages of his miracles 5 minutes of work is 5 straight pages of See Spot Run with explosive sound effects/onomatopoeia in between sentences. Despite being physically gifted he literally cannot write meaningful, coherent narratives without a partner or the professor or teacher’s aide to be at his side holding his hand through it.
>>
>>15848958
Cosplaying or not cosplaying isn’t the point. It’s the quality difference between the two pictures.
>>
>>15848670
Idk I don’t watch gymnastics
>>
>>15848670
If Ospreay stayed the course and kept improving the way he did towards the later portion of his NJPW run, we'd have a conversation on the table.
As it stands now, though, Ospreay never got the chance to be as good as Omega was in his peak and with AEW being AIDS for good wrestling, he likely never will again.
>>
>>15848670
In these pics Kenny looks like a star and Ospreay looks like an indie shitter you'd see at a local show
>>
File: IMG_1651.jpg (1.11 MB, 1066x1031)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
>>15848964
>5 straight pages of See Spot Run with variations of “BOOM”, “BADA BING” and “YOWZA” every other word

Yeah this is pretty much how I’d explain Will Ospreay to someone
>>
>>15848991
The dog being named Spot and the kid trying to get ahold of him is just the richest of fucking ironies.
>>
>>15848991
Not spot like your dog spot
BUT MUH SPOTTT
>>
>>15848964
so
omega = robert jordan
ospreay = brandon sanderson
>>
>>15848670
I have to go with Kenny
>>
>>15848878
>has to bring up seats
you lost buddy
>>
File: 1599709306891.jpg (39 KB, 708x708)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>15848670
i started watching wrestling kinda recently. i have only seen one match from either of these wrestlers. it was ospreay vs omega 1 at wrestle kingdom 17.
i thought it that match was great and i don't get why these two work so many jabronis on here into a shoot
>>
>>15849596
Watch a larger sample size of both of them and you’ll start to realize Kenny is consistently at that level and that the WK match is probably the best Ospreay has ever worked compared to everything else he’s done and is doing.
>>
File: IMG_6594.jpg (58 KB, 976x850)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>15848670
>if you do enough flippy shit fast enough it means you’re one of the greatest wrestlers ever
>>
>>15848670
Ospreay is more consistent but Omega has a higher peak
>>
>>15848670
Omega's run from 2015-2018 was something else. Ospreay is more athletic, but in his prime Kenny was way more explosive and everything he did had a lot more "impact".
>>
>>15850447
Hard disagree. Ospreay’s match quality is a lot more peaks and valleys than Omega’s. I actually think Omega is pretty damn steady in that regard. Any card that he’s on you know that you’re getting at least one bare minimum good match in his assuming it’s a singles/HIS match and not some multi man tornado tag Texas chainsaw nonsense with the Bucks.
>>
>>15850447
I think you’re confusing consistent with all of his matches feeling samey. He consistently paints the same picture in all his matches and I don’t especially mean the moves he uses.
>>
Sure. Maybe on Planet Retard.
>>
>>15849596
I like Ospreay but he's like the Rick Wakeman if wrestlers. With the right people around him he can do incredible work, but left to his own devices you end up with the wrestling equivalent of King Arthur on Ice. Omega on the other hand is like David Bowie, with his AEW work being the begining of the weird 80s period where he was still putting out hits and enjoyable work but the days Ziggy Stardust and The Thin White Duke are clearly over.

Thing is I far prefer Billy as a tag wrestler. I've enjoyed all of Omega's singles matches in AEW but my god has he had some dogshit tag/multi-man ones.
>>
>>15848686
You talk like a cocksmoker irl too?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.