[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

trolling aside whats the appeal of this fed? what does it give you that others dont?
>>
File: 1715269111993268.jpg (50 KB, 500x597)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>15849795
kenny
well it used to, now hes permacrocked
>>
whatss the appeal of 60 minute bloodline segments and fighting over bracelets
>>
>>15849801
i dont watch wwe. this is about why i should watch aew

sell me on it
>>
File: 342364762343.webm (2.53 MB, 640x360)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB WEBM
>>15849795
It's so gay it enhances the effects of HRT. This makes AEW very appealing to trannies.
>>
>>15849806
why do they always overdo every spot. a spot should take less than 10 seconds including setup
>>
>>15849798
Hold onto your faith, he's been back in the gym at least a month and a half.
>>
>>15849795
whatabout WWE? Huh? Whatabout WWE? Take that!
>>
>>15849819
ya seethe?
>>
File: wwe aew.png (265 KB, 1799x1435)
265 KB
265 KB PNG
>>15849795
>>
>>15849816
wrong
https://youtu.be/OQR8OUUIrA8?si=Ouk2zsA18sPpycUG
>>
>>15849804
There is nothing positive to say about AEW. The only reason people watched it is because WWE in 2019 sucked ass, and now that WWE is good, half the people came back to it and the other half stayed watching AEW because of sunk cost fallacy
>>
>>15850212
>now that WWE is good
still PG, still designed to be primarily consumed by kids and retards. if you watch blues clues and paw patrol then yes, WWE is at its peak right now. if you are a normal person that stopped watching 20+ years ago it's still gay however.
>>
>>15850238
space odyssey was G rated. does it mean its target audience was children and retards?
>>
>>15850251
you tell me
>>
>>15849795
Lapsed fan here. WWE was god awful in 2018-2019 so AEW at least provided some semblance of coherence. Even at the times where it wasn't initially, one could chalk it up to growing pains. At the same tike the wrestlers had more creative freedom, for better or for worse, but I prefer that feeling to the weird mix WWE gave of corporate schlock and Vince’s idiosyncratic tastes. I became less interested when the NXT shitters joined (why would I want them if I watched AEW to avoid those characters?) Punk came and went, and now I’ll catch the odd episode every month or so. I will say I saw clips of the Hangman and Swerve match at All-In and loved how brutal it was. Pearl clutches freaking out was a nice cherry on top. So I think I’m going to get back into it for the next few weeks and see where it goes
>>
>>15850238
so whats einstein over here watching?
>>
>>15850212
>sunk cost fallacy
Literally just this. Smarks, with Meltzer as their prophet and Tony as their god, put all their hope in AEW being a revolution. The appeal is trying to manifest that revolution, because admitting they were wrong isn't an option.
>>
>>15849795
Actual wrestling matches that aren't the same five moves for one.
>>
>>15850408
You sound mad, why is that? The gentleman just asked a question
>>
>>15850302
Anything written by based Russo
>>
>>15849795
I like that there's a nationally televised company run by a thin skinned autistic wrestling fan from the 90s that just happens to have a father with near unlimited money backing it. They made WWE step up their game so that's good. And seeing their lunatic fans dwindled by the week is entertaining
>>
>>15849795
The reasons to watch AEW was you disliked senile Vince or because AEW had the potential to be enjoyable. Both of those reasons are gone now
>>
>>15849795
It's far from perfect. I prefer New Japan.
That said, it's nice to be able to put a wrestling show on in the background and not just have it be talking, entrances, and commercials. It's nice to be able to look up from whatever else I'm doing and see people doing athletic things.
If I wanted to watch shows with a bunch of talking, I can watch practically anything else.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.