[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: AEW-5.jpg (2.09 MB, 1920x1080)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB JPG
Rampage was a useless show, but the first match on it ever still was one of the best TV Matches of All Time
>>
>>15850710
And yet no one ever talks about it. Strange.
>>
File: austin.gif (3.16 MB, 200x200)
3.16 MB
3.16 MB GIF
>>15850717
>no one ever talks about it
>in a thread where the match is being talked about
>>
>>15850710
Still think Omega’s Belt Collector run was the best AEW title run in the company to date. Storylines, matches, hype. It was a fun time to be an AEW fan.
>>
>>15850742
>uses Steve Austin gif to defend GayEW.
Oh, the irony.
>>
>>15850710
All in all they should’ve just kept it to Dynamite but Rampage wasn’t bad as a B show. It just took a tremendous nose dive when they created Collision for Punk because it left Rampage in fucking La La Land imo. Never recovered. At this point better off to just scrap it though.
>>
>>15850752
The Elite know how to make a storyline work, Kenny and Hangman especially. It's incredibly underrated that this match had a totally eggregious Young Bucks "sneaking" to the ring segment where everyone thought it'd just be yet another "Bucks cheat, kenny wins" but then it got reversed and the fucking roof left the place. You NEED to let shit get old in the fans mind so that when the thing they think is old gets broken they go ballistic.
>>
File: 3746237864823.jpg (233 KB, 1338x819)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
>>15850791
>The Elite know how to make a storyline work, Kenny and Hangman especially.
Is that why AEW's attendance is looking like this these days?
>>
>>15850752
Agree. Everyone loves a good invasion angle and the idea that Omega could show up on anyone’s show at any time and pin their world champion for their title had me tuning into other promotions that I either hadn’t watched in a while or normally just wouldn’t. Just the looming threat, the illusion that Omega could “invade” many given night made things very exciting for me around that time and I think I consumed more weekly wrestling than I had in a while. People were theorizing that he could show up on NXT (outrageous and hilariously unrealistic in hindsight) I mean it was pretty neat just for the water cooler talk.
>>
>>15850791
The elite are dogshit that think melodrama and meta shit is good
>>
>>15850710
This time period was peak.
How AEW fucked it up should be studied
>>
>>15850742
Kek e-drones are shoot tards
>>
>>15850832
Melodrama is, in fact, good.

>>15850799
Attendance is down because AEW paused basically everything except a comedy angle that should have lasted 6 weeks at most waiting for Punk to come back so he could continue the angle that TK booked ahead of his world champion because he was enthralled by having the Punk toy. You don't recover from that instantly.
>>
E-Chad here, and I actually agree with you, OP. I was curious about AEW at the time, and tuned in, and thought Christian v Omega was incredible. A shame that very few things they've produced since then have grabbed my interest.
>>
>>15850824
damn you're retarded
>>
>>15850710
>they followed up on the Kenny/Christian feud with a dimeless Danielson workrate match and Hangsissy winning the title
Not exactly suprising that they lost all their heat.
>>
>>15850765
You don't know what irony is, fatso.
>>
>>15850752
Agreed, I was a huge AEW fan during his reign, not only because of Kenny but everyone was overall booked well, I liked Dark and Elevation, Darby's TNT run, meta-heel Cody etc. It all went downhill to shit when Hangma'am became the champ
>>
>>15850765
If it’s Christian, he’ll suck Tony off.
>>
>>15851429
>>15851164
>>15850941
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>15851429
unironically putting the belt on Punk is what started the shitshow
>>
>>15851456
this
the shitter botched twice and won then goes to break his foot the next show
it has all been downhill since then
>>
>>15851462
it wasn't bad when he wasn't in the title picture. But putting the title on him at that time and whatever the fuck happened after just turned AEW way worse than what it was before. Also because people saw how much of a Punk mark Tony is
>>
>>15850752
I was never an AEW and I sure as hell ain’t one right now, but I will admit that during that run I tuned in every week and actually got invested
>>
>>15850717
It's talked about more than any other match from 2021, I'd say. This was the first and only time an AEW crowd popped and it wasn't a performative meme reaction.

https://youtu.be/Pbu1sGqeX-Y?si=LHMAbq7T9RlgRFsX
>>
>>15851998
This. It was truly a genuine unironic crowd reaction
>>
>>15850710
unironically better than the ppv rematch. who knew actually working within the constraints imposed by television instead of fighting against them could produce kino?
>>
>>15850964
Ah yeah. Sounds like it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.