[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>no one changes heel or face unless the crowd dictates it
>tag teams and stables exist for years without breaking up
>titles never change unless it's obvious that a new champ's gonna be crowned
>no new wrestlers elevated, only ex-WWE and indie darlings

Seriously, what's the point in watching? Even if there is some hint of a surprise somewhere, Uncle Dave is going to spoil it for you 2 weeks in advance anyway
>>
>>15862446
Hard to argue against your points
>>
>>15862446
For me, even though it's a poor man's version or a shadow of how professional wrestling was when I grew up watching in the 90s, it at least attempts to be that. WWE very clearly is designed with the chief goal of being inoffensive to children and is very sanitized and bland feeling to me as a result. AEW isn't perfect but it at least scratches an itch I waited for WWF/E to do for 15+ years before I realized the Mattel dollar was much too important to them to ever go back to anything that I might enjoy.
>>
>>15862505
anyone who actually watched wrestling in the 90s or worked in the business would disagree with you, retard.
>>
>>15862529
Well obviously what I said hurt your feelings. I'm sure some of them would, but that's still my opinion
>>
>>15862446
Better than trying to force a babyface no one wants to cheer across the majority of the decade only to finally listen that crowd and have it be the thing that actually worked
How is this any different from WWE? The Bloodline. The Judgment Day. The LWO. The other LWO. It's been nothing but faction tension and infighting and breakups for the last two years. Triple H is even splitting up the New Day after 10 years
Roman Reigns. Gunther. Rhea Ripley. Are you sure you even posted the right picture for this thread?
>no new wrestlers elevated, only ex-WWE and indie darlings
This is just a dismissive catchall with "indie darlings" which you'll use to refer to anyone who ever wrestled one match on the indies despite AEW absolutely making wrestlers like MJF, Darby Allin, Jack Perry, Mariah May, Britt Baker, etc into elevated names who hadn't had prior US tv exposure
>>
>>15862586
Now try disputing those points without mentioning WWE, which was never mentioned in the OP
>>
>>15862598
Calling AEW the status quo of wrestling companies makes it a pretty clear discussion about wrestling companies. If you can't compare it to others then what the fuck is it the status quo in comparison to? Dipshit. Also "ex-WWE". Try discussing AEW's roster without mentioning WWE
>>
>>15862598
okay
what's wrong with this? why would you not listen to your audience about who they want to see and in which roles? plus mariah may's heel turn on toni storm. so you're wrong anyway
why should tag teams have an expiration date? more so why should anyone care if one breaks up if they've only been together for a few weeks? the longer a team is together the more impact it's going to have when they do split
people understanding the direction of a story means that the story being told makes sense. if surprise title changes are a constant then not only is that title getting hotshotted around but it stops being a surprise
>no new wrestlers elevated, only ex-*** and indie darlings
wrong as the other anon pointed out. they've built plenty of names that didn't have the level of exposure they do now that you hadn't seen in ""other companies"". jade cargill is a big one they missed too

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.