[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1709746191541761.png (765 KB, 1194x1100)
765 KB
765 KB PNG
I saw Rusev vs. Brock Lesnar at a random house show. What about you? You ever been to a house show?
>>
>>15865065
I saw Eddie Guerrero teaming with Rey at a house show.
>>
>>15865065
I grew up poor and far away from any cities where the taped shows would've been, so all I saw as a lil jimmy were house shows.
>Batista motorboated a chick in the front row during his Evolution days
>Later saw him dent a chair over Mark Henry's skull on Smackdown
>Matt Hardy threw his t-shirt to me cause I was the only mark of his in the crowd with a sign
>some dude reached up in front of me and snagged it out of mid-air
>Teddy Long hit on my mom near a concession stand
>Christian was generally the most entertaining guy on every show
>Taker was billed for, and no-showed, every single event I went to
Pretty much all the note-worthy shit. Saw pretty much everyone else on the roster, had some good times. Eventually I got to take my mom to a few wrestling shows over a weekend to pay her back for all the times she brought me and a friend.
>>
>>15865065
not a house show but saw Aj Styles defend nwa title back in the early 2000s. No idea what event it was but the finish was styles clash from the top rope
>>
>>15865103
Mhmm no showing is badass
>>
>>15865065
Went to a show in 2006. Saw DX vs someone but HBK was out and replaced with Ric Flair. I remember being so upset I couldn't see Shawn but looking back seeing Flair was based. Main event was Edge vs Cena in a cage.

Also when NXT came to Melbourne they taped the show and aired it as an episode of tv. Main event was Nakamura vs Joe in a cage.
>>
>>15865193
That's the cool thing about house shows. You get to see current feuds working gimmick matches that you would probably never see on TV.
>>
>>15865065
I went to one of the few WWECW house shows during 2006. RVD was just back from suspension for weed, but hadn't returned to TV yet, and did a 20 minute match with Kevin Thorne. I also saw what might have been Kurt Angle's last WWE match before quitting to go to TNA and take more pills. He apparently had a neck injury and beat Danny Doring in a squash match.
>>
>>15865249
Angle's last WWE match that year was, in fact, against Danny. It was August 14th, 2006. Very cool, anon.
>>
>>15865065
I went to a house show in 2013 when Ziggler was World Champ. There was a drunk guy dressed as Stone Cold sitting by us who called the new day gorillas and said our town was on code red when jinder came out. Then he took pictures with people
>>
>>15865065
I saw Stone Cold vs HHH
>>
I only went to one ever.
I saw Taker vs Dupree I think, Dupree either got busted open the hard way or bladed very hard.
Also JBL vs Cena I think. It's been so long I don't really recall much about it. Eddie and Rey were tagging, don't remember who they faced. But I was a huge Eddie mark. Even bought one of his T-shirts at the venue.

JBL cut a promo on our city and shit on our sports teams. I hated him so much as a kid but looking back he was such a godlike heel. Now he's one of my favorites of all time.
>>
>>15865065
chris jericho vs hardcore holly was the main event at the one i went to.
>>
>>15865581
https://www.wrestlingdata.com/index.php?befehl=shows&show=23125&feld=card

found it. it's insane to me i couldn't remember a single match on the card.
>>
I saw a house show in Sydney back in 2005. Only WWE show I've been to. Every heel was showered with "wanker" chants and the variation "you are a wanker" clap clap chants. HHH vs Flair, they both bladed and had a great match, crowd was way into it. Shawn was the most over, he wrestled Chris Masters. Cena vs Edge was a shit 5 minute match, they must of been jetlagged. I remember Torrie, Trish, Carlito, Tajiri and Big Show being there. Don't remember specific matches though

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.