[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Remember when this first came out and everyone treated it like a joke and now you go back and listen to it and realize it's objectively better than 95% of modern rap music?
>>
>>15865524
Does he say nigger in any of the songs?
>>
>>15865536
yes
>>
>>15865536
All of them
>>
>I should've been out, I'm de-de-deadly
>When I pu-pu-pull the pin out, keep frontin'
>I'm a try, try, try ya shit out
>I knocked a lot, lot, lot, lot of men out
>>
>>15865524
>it's objectively better than 95% of modern rap music

that is such a low fucking bar
>>
>>15865524
>>15866739
Please don't let yourself be this mentally old. Let go of music snobbery from your youth. It's so obtuse to make blanket statements on an entire genre which you've probably only heard a handful of songs from a handful of mainstream artists. Good music is being made. It's out there. You're just too set in your ways and not adventurous enough to go digging deeper. Which is fine, but stop acting like you're the arbiter of music when you just don't put the effort it in anymore.
>>
>>15866759
nah rap sucks
>>
File: dv.jpg (20 KB, 400x400)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>15866759
no
>>
I pirated this in 2005 and was shocked at how good it was. We used to play Bad Man all the time back in high school
>>
File: 1600925116163.png (48 KB, 600x600)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>Please don't let yourself be this mentally old. Let go of music snobbery from your youth. It's so obtuse to make blanket statements on an entire genre which you've probably only heard a handful of songs from a handful of mainstream artists. Good music is being made. It's out there. You're just too set in your ways and not adventurous enough to go digging deeper. Which is fine, but stop acting like you're the arbiter of music when you just don't put the effort it in anymore.
>>
>>15866759
wow this sure triggered the drowning pool/saliva/POD fans on the board
>>
>>15866759
Name one good rap song released this year
>>
>>15866759
Based promo
>>
One of my favorite albums when I was a kid. Wish peep, x or juice had a chance to collab with him.
>>
>>15866906
Kendrick Lamar released several off the top of my head. Rap has been in the downtrend the last couple years. Doesn't mean there is some good out there.
>>
>>15866906
You’re trying to strike a cord and it’s probably a minor
>>
>>15866902
It's harrowing watching people become the "old generation" instead of learning from those that came before and avoiding those unearned egos and unbudging stances. "Remember when" and "back in my day" type shit, when they themselves probably recall a time they were young and hated hearing it.
>>
File: c.jpg (64 KB, 699x796)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>15866944
>>
>>15865524
The market in 2005 had absolute Rap megastars who were consistently putting out wildly successful albums, some like DMX hit their peak that year

Unfortunately, the rap market today is oversaturated with so much dogshit and a lot of those megastars are coasting on past success, making money off other business ventures, or dead.
>>
>>15867029
dmx was white. you wanna believe the media?
>>
>>15866902
>POD
>Implying they even have fans
Though, to be fair I'm like 99% sure most of the exposure Saliva ever got was from being one of WWE's go-to bands for PPV theme songs.
>>
>>15867029
>the rap market today is oversaturated with so much dogshit and a lot of those megastars are coasting on past success, making money off other business ventures, or dead.
This right here, the old guys who are still around either don't make music anymore or when they do it's long periods of time between
>>
>>15866902
Nu-metal/bro rock is perfect for wrestling though.
>>
>>15866906
Nigger Music by Nig Niggly (prod. by Heeb Bagelberg)
>>
>>15866759
>Good music is being made
I don't doubt it! But how am I supposed to find it? Algorithms, streaming and playlists have all fucked up music promotion and monetization irreparably. Only slop rises to the top and the amount of musical literacy and man hours expected of the average joe who wants to hear good shit is staggering. I normally don't like sticking my head in the sand, but in the face of poptimists scolding you for not engaging with #1 Radio hits like they're Radiohead, what else can you do?
tl;dr if you're not a music August or don't have one for a friend, get some wired earbuds and listen to local community radio on your phone, they'll do the hard work for you. Beats streaming, beats YouTube, beats podcasts.
>>
>>15866730
>My name's John Cena and I'm here to say
>I like doing wrestling in a major way
>I get in the ring because I've got a knack
>Don't step to me because that would be wack

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.