[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: jl.jpg (69 KB, 642x722)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
Memphis style wrasslin’ reigns supreme.
>>
>>15997946
SOUTHERN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP WOULD BE THE MOST PRESTIGIOUS BELT IF DOUBLE J BROUGHT IT BACK
>>
>>15997946
>Proto-WWF style
>>
I prefer Georgia and Mid South, but it's sure better than that crap they do up north.
>>
>>15997946
Memphis style underage rapin' reigns supreme!
>>
>>15997946
GOAT
>>
>>15997946
anyone who books themself as ace of their own fed is a fag by default
>>
>>16000606
Good thing that doesn't apply at all to Lawler then you absolute RETARD
>>
>>15998538
I'm ignorant of it. What's the difference?
>>
>>16000835
If I were to break it down in the broadest term and of course there are exceptions.
Mid South were a bunch of footballers who fucked the chearleaders turned wrestlers.
Georgia was a bunch of track guys who did a year of theater (and also fucked).
And Memphis was a bunch of fat guys who told grand lies about their accomplishments in football and track and had only even been with one woman who either they married or lived heartbroken over the rest of their lives.
>>
>>16000879
Ah, thanks for the clarification.
>>
>>15997946
Memphis is the only wrestling that marks, smarks, and anti-smarks can all agree on
Well that and maybe ECW but ECW was just ripping off Memphis the whole time
>>
>>15997946
>sodomizes you
>>
File: images-94.jpg (14 KB, 416x738)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>15997946
The birth of Vince
>>
>>16000964
I rewatch ECW a lot because it's what I watched when I was last happy in life. But it's not very good, younger smarks probably skip over it in it's entirety like they do all wrestling before 2015.
>>
>>16001016
A love for old wrestling seems to be what separates the older smarks from the younger smarks I guess, and it's kinda sad that the curiosity died off
The DVDVR neckbeards could have made you a 6 hour mixtape with all the best Ronnie Garvin matches on it while the younger fans would skip him because his Cagematch rating was too low
>>
>>16001056
Yep, our history is dying.
>>
>>16001016
OK boomer

>>16001056
Nobody liked Ronnie 35 years ago
>>
>>16002148
Ronnie would be the best around if he was active today. Solid babyface. he just stands out as bad cause most of you fags only know him from his Flair feud where he's obviously outclassed by guys like Dusty, Windham and Steamboat.
>>
>>16000879
Accurate.
Also the reason so many Mid South guys killed themselves or died/had careers shortened by drugs and alcohol. Couldn't live the same lifestyle when they got older. Then there's guys like Grizzly who did live the lifestyle once they got older, but were adept at covering it up.

Lawler in Memphis is a special case because he didn't really have to hide anything until the 90s because >Memphis
>>
>>16001056
very depressing, but true. That seems to be society in general though. The curiosity of the past seems to be gone because you can watch whatever you want, whenever you want. Even liking old or foreign movies is seen as weird.
>>
>>16001056
This is the most gen X thing I've ever read in my life.
>>
>>16002165
>Ronnie would be the best around if he was active today.

lol no he wouldn't gramps
>>
>>16004438
He had better matches than anyone has had in the last 20 years. And could cut a promo without coming off like a play acting fag. But I guess you’re all mad he didn’t do flips
>>
>>16004564
based flips livin' in ya head rent-free. There's a reason why nobody has praised Rubbish Ronnie Garbage in nearly 40 years outside your oldfag LARP contrarianism.
>>
>>16004569
Just cause hands of stones doesn’t come up on this retarded board full of fake rape threads doesn’t mean people don’t love and respect his body of work
>>
finally a half decent thread in this godforsaken shithole
>>
>>15998538
apparently florida was a pretty hot place to work
>>
>>15997946
It was considered a hokey joke among the other territories. But it was pretty damn entertaining. And Lance “Banana Nose” Russell is the GOAT commentator
>>
>>16000964
94-95 ECW was good but all the rest of it sucked
>>
>>15997946
Goku of Memphis

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.