[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Alex _Kitfox Crimson.png (1.39 MB, 1000x1419)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
Welcome back.

Rules are simple: Votes are tallied every hour, with whatever course of action being the most popular being the course of action taken. Write ins are encouraged and non-mutually exclusive votes will be combined if possible.

When a roll is called for, roll however many D100 are specified. 5- is a 'crit fail' and generally means something bad is about to happen. 95+ is a 'crit success' and generally means something good just happened. a 'crit success' trumps a crit fail. User input on both will be taken into consideration.

Inventory, pokemon stats and other links: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15i2N08IpWqitoTJujsUMishe4PLbao1lqT-bCAmvPcE/edit

New Discord for questions, discussions and announcements: https://discord.gg/MjDEYHTJ

For a short summary for the new and to recap:

You are Alex. A newly minted trainer and camping enthusiast just starting out on your journey at the age of seventeen after your father lost his job in order to help pay the bills. On the road, you met Fie, the Fire Gym Leader, Gareth a novice Aura Guardian on pilgrimage and Holly, a runaway heiress using a pseudonym. You've also made enemies of Team Green a group of violent, radical activists looking to abolish pokemon training.

Last time, you battled, trained and met back up with Jean and her friends, before getting into another battle with a Hex Maniac.
>>
File: Luxio1.jpg (48 KB, 337x480)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>5943809
>>5943823
>>5943826
>>5943933
>>5943946
>>5944142

"Rascal, come back." You say, recalling him.

"Thunder Punch." The girl orders.

Golett throws the punch and misses as you recall Rascal, overbalancing and tottering as you select Volta's ball.

"Volta, bite!" You order, sending her back in.

She bounds and clamps her jaws down on Golett's shoulder, leaving its aura in the red.

This is going to be close...

Moves:
Peck
Leer
Hone Claws
Agility
Wing Attack
Fury Attack
Scary Face
Aerial Ace
Roost
Fly
Rock Smash
Secret Power
Fighting
Hidden Power (Ground)
Cut

>Switch back to Rascal.
>Other
>>
>>5945160
>Bite again
QM I think you left Rascal's moveset in the vote.
>>
>>5945160
>Bite
>>
>>5945243

Whoops. My bad.

The hazards of trying to get a post done in a hurry.

Actual list if people have any funny ideas.

Moves:
Tackle
Leer
Thundershock
Bite
Spark
Fire Fang
Thunder Fang
Protect
Double Kick
Agility
>>
>>5945288
I'm deeply tempted to change my vote to Protect but I don't want to risk another Curse or her pulling something funny.
This chick is putting up a good fight.
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>5945243
>>5945283

Right then, roll.
>>
Rolled 73 (1d100)

>>5945307
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>5945307
>>
Rolled 72 (1d100)

>>5945155
Wanna note that discord links not working.

>>5945307

Anyway a roll
>>
Fresh Discord Link: https://discord.gg/ZuEgWYV5
>>
File: Luxray_Card.jpg (40 KB, 314x437)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>5945307 (You)
>>5945331
>>5945334
>>5945402

"Bite." You order.

"Mud Shot." The girl orders.

It's too late though - Volta is simply faster.

She bounds back in and clamps her teeth around Golett's core and it goes still and collapses as its aura greys out.

"Oh." The girl says, before recalling Golett. "Well fought." She says absently.

Then, Volta begins to glow.

Her form waivers, shifts and expands, before there's a flash and where a slightly scruffy Luxio had been standing, a Luxray is stood.

She's as tall at the shoulder as your midriff and when she looks at you, you're taken aback at just how imperious her expression is with those eyes.

You get the feeling that there's going to be a clash of personalities between her and Kay O-o, but for now, you're just happy for her having evolved.

>Good job, Volta.
>Congratulate Volta.
>Talk with the girl.
>Other
>>
>>5945440
>Congratulate Volta.
>>
>>5945440
>>Good job, Volta.
>Talk with the girl
See if we can send her to Greenshot to scam Ghost type tips from mom in exchange for helping around town at the gym.
>>
>>5945440
>Congratulate Volta.
>>
>>5945487
>>5945704

"Aw, look at you." You say, kneeling down and opening your arms wide.

Next thing, you're on your back as Volta tackles you, purring as you ruffle her mane as she licks you.

Ow, her tongue has gone from rough to straight-up barbed...

Still, she's happy and you're happy she's happy.

"You get on well with your pokemon." The girl observes.

"Well, yeah." You say. "Why wouldn't I."

The girl blinks.

You realise that that's the first time you've actually seen her do that.

"Some people are simply ambivalent to them. Or see them as a means to an end." She notes

"Yeah, well they're dickheads." You say, before refocusing on giving Volta hugs, pats and attention.

She's certainly enjoying it, despite how tired she is after that battle.

The girl smiles wryly.

"Be careful whom you say that around." She advises. "It was nice to speak with you... Alexander." She says.

You do a double take at that, but the girl is gone.

You shiver.

That was... creepy.

Now that you think about it, you're not even sure if you'd recognise her if you saw her.

You check your watch. It's late afternoon and getting on towards dusk.

>Go find Holly and Gareth.
>Go heal your team.
>Swap your team around.
>Other
>>
>>5946293
>Go heal your team.
>>
>>5946293
>>Go heal your team.
>>
>>5946293
>>Go find Holly and Gareth.
>>Go heal your team.
>>
>>5946293
>Go heal your team.
>>
>>5946293
>team
>>
>>5946640
Hey you're in that thread too? Small world.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (197 KB, 500x467)
197 KB
197 KB PNG
>>5946294
>>5946310
>>5946337
>>5946423
>>5946640

Well, Volta and Rascal are kind of beat up, so...

You head inside and by some stroke of fortune, it's a lull right now.

It's five minutes until they'll be back with you, leaving you with a little time to kill.

In the interim, you call Gareth to see where he and Holly are.

As it happens, he and Holly are just finishing up doing some shopping.

++"So, what are we going to do next?"++ Gareth asks.

"Well, for tonight, how about we go have dinner at the hotel and discuss that with Jean and her group?" You suggest.

++"Oh, that sounds good."++ Gareth agrees, noticeably brightening.

You don't quite hear the conversation he has with Holly, but it seems that she's in agreement.

++"Yeah, that sounds like a plan."++ He confirms.

"Cool, I'll let Jean know." You assure, before you say your goodbyes and hang up before shooting Jean a message to the same effect.

She's not long in replying and gives you a meeting time of six o'clock, which you forward to Gareth.

This doesn't give you that much time.

Once you've collected Rascal and Volta, you go and shower, before grabbing a fresh change of clothes, before settling down to wait while Gareth and Holly do the same.

While you're waiting, using the time to do some light reading, you spy Martha across the way doing likewise, roundly ignoring a young man who's trying and failing to hit on her.

She waves, the guy looks around and then scowls at you.

>Flip him off.
>Ignore him.
>Go get involved.
>Other
>>
>>5946772
>>
>>5946772
>>Ignore him.
>>
>>5946772
>>Ignore him.
>>
>>5946772
>Ignore him.
>>
>>5946772
>Ignore him
>Other
Go to Martha and ask what shes reading
>>
File: Ace_Trainer.jpg (6 KB, 225x225)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>5946776
>>5946779
>>5946958
>>5947035

You can see what's going on here and if this guy wants to make a scene, you're not going to make it easy for him.

You keep reading your pokedex, though you do pay half attention to make sure he doesn't try and king hit you or anything.

So it's not a complete surprise when the guy comes over and slaps your pokedex out of your hand.

"What's the big idea, moving in on *my* girlfriend?" He demands.

>Fuck off.
>Come again?
>Looked like she wasn't interested, bud.
>Other
>>
>>5947060
>>Looked like she wasn't interested, bud.
>Fuck off
>>
>>5947060
>How long have it been since you've known Martine anyway?

Let's vibe check him. Might be an ex; might be a rando loser.
>>
>>5947082
>Let's vibe check him. Might be an ex; might be a rando loser.

He is an ace trainer with an overblown ego.
Those are usually 4 badge trainers and rookies who "keep at it" like season 1-2 Ash.
>>
>>5947060
>>Let's vibe check him. Might be an ex; might be a rando loser.
>>
>>5947060
>>
>>5947086
>>5947165
Yeah, the vibe check comes from using the wrong name. Either he brags knowing "Martine" since long ago and we can respectfully tell him to eat shit, or he gets mad at us not knowing even her name and we can defuse the situation saying she's a friend of friend, but still not interrested in John Mc Random.
>>
>>5947062
>>5947082
>>5947086
>>5947165
>>5947237
>>5947251

"Looked like she wasn't interested, bud." You reply, retrieving your pokedex, still feigning calm while you plot exactly how you're going to punch him in the dick if he goes from 'aggressive' to 'violent'.

"We've known each other for years." He asserts.

Judging by his aura, you're pretty sure he's bluffing.

"How long have it been since you've last spoken with Martine then?" You ask.

"Four months, at the end of the last League tournament." The guy replies.

"Well, hate to break it to you, Johgn McRandom, but uh... that's not Martine. That's Martha. She's a friend of a friend of mine and she's not interested. Now fuck off." You reply.

The guy stiffens, balling his fists, before he swings a punch at you.

>Roll
>>
Rolled 33 (1d100)

>>5947656
Yeah sure asshole.
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>5947656
>>
Rolled 52 (1d100)

>>5947656
>>
>>5947673
I hope this nice 84 is enough to dragon-punch his nuts into Outer Heaven.
>>
File: Nurse_Joy_1.jpg (6 KB, 250x141)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>5947667
>>5947673
>>5947877

You shift slightly to the side and he punches the metal backing of the chair instead of you, resulting in him yelling in pain and recoiling in shock as he clutches his hand.

You're just about to follow up and floor him when the nurse calls out with an admonish to the effect of 'no fighting' and demands to know what happens.

"He punched the back of the chair." You reply mildly. "After getting into my face about waving to a friend." You add.

The nurse fixes him with a withering look.

This is normally enough to put most people in their place.

Not this guy though - either he's so in pain from that little love-tap he gave himself that his common sense has taken a back seat, or he's that stupid, but he tries to argue.

"He's making moves on my girlfriend!" The guy protests.

"I don't care if he's making out on the couch with your girlfriend, there's no fighting in the pokemon centre." The Nurse says flatly. "If you've got a problem, take it outside. There's an arena out back for this sort of crap."

The guy wheels around to fix you with a glare.

"Well?" He demands.

>Keep dreaming.
>Set numbers and bet.
>Switch up your team.
>Other
>>
>>5948030
>>Set numbers and bet.
1 on 1 10k
Give Rascal or Volta some more fighting love.
The two love fighting and showing of.
>>
>>5948030
What pokemon do we have on our team currently?
>>
>>5948043

Present team:

Rascal (Braviary)
Volta (Luxio)
Latias
Sage (Braixen) Everstone
Queenie (Cutiefly)
Fluffy (Eevee) Everstone

Out of Party:
Blitz (Growlithe)
Coolie (Applin)
Ayumi (Dratini)
Piker (Feebas)
Kay O-o (Jangmo-o)
Nika (Riolu)
Rusty (Aron) Incapacitated
Syurm (Leavanny) Incapacitated (1 Days)
>>
>>5948030
>Set numbers and bet.

>>5948049
Alright, thank you QM. I think we can manage, hopefully he isn't as good as that hex chick.
>>
>>5948030
>Set numbers and bet.
1 on 1, half what you got.
Let me fetch one of mine from PC though.
>Kay O-o to his face.
Wanna fight? We'll teach you to dance instead.
Somehow, seems the type to roster dark-types with how much a predatory asshole he is. Something like a Dark-Sasuke Absol is on line.
>>
>>5948037
>>5948305

Okay, so who are you going with?

>Volta
>Rascal
>Kay O-o
>>
>>5948907
>>Kay O-o
>>
>>5948907
>Kay O-o
>>
>>5948909
>>5948937

Right, update tomorrow when I'm done with work.
>>
>>5948909
>>5948937

"You're on." You say.

He storms out, which leaves you a moment to go to the PC.

You swap Rascal for Kay O-o, before heading outside yourself to the arena.

"What took you? Had to steel yourself?" The guy taunts.

"Something like that." You reply, selecting Kay O-o's ball. "One on one, ten grand as stakes."

"Bet. You'll regret it." The guy says, selecting a ball himself.

There's a pause before you both release.

"Kay O-o, you're in."

"Machamp, Close Combat!" The guy orders.

As the bodybuilder pokemon is released, you can tell pretty quickly it's a roughly even fight, which takes the guy by surprise.

You're going to have to move quickly yourself though as Machamp is already charging.

Moves:
Tackle
Leer
Protect
Dragon Tail
Scary Face
Headbutt
Low Kick
Dragon Dance
Aqua Tail
Aerial Ace
Rock Smash
Dragonbreath
Outrage (presently dangerous)
Cut

>Other
>>
>>5949414
>Low Kick
>>
>>5949414
>Low Kick
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>5949418
>>5949489

Roll.
>>
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>
Rolled 76 (1d100)

>>5949414
>>
Rolled 68 (1d100)

>>5949551
d
>>
File: Machamp_Card.jpg (147 KB, 640x893)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>5949551
>>5949632
>>5949650
>>5949673

"Low Kick." You order.

Kay O-o charges in and takes Machamp head on, whethering its assault and tripping it with a tail-sweep in response, leaving its aura a washed-out green while his is a deep yellow, bordering orange.

Machamp is wide open after its assault though.

"Again!" The guy orders.

Then again, he's such an aggressive bastard that it might not matter if he just blitzes Kay O-o down.

Moves:
Tackle
Leer
Protect
Dragon Tail
Scary Face
Headbutt
Low Kick
Dragon Dance
Aqua Tail
Aerial Ace
Rock Smash
Dragonbreath
Outrage (presently dangerous)
Cut

>Other
>>
>>5952100
>Protect when he gets up close
>Follow up with Low kick to sweep him of his feet
>Follow up wit Aerial ace to keep him down until knocked out
>>
>>5952100
>Aerial Ace while he's down
>Quickly chain the Protect to tank the incoming hit
>>
>>5952100
>Protect
>>
>>5952100
>Protect
>>
Rolled 25 (1d100)

>>5952104
>>5952109
>>5952196
>>5952204

Aight, roll for that follow-up Aerial Ace
>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>5952689
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>5952689
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

>>5952689
>>
File: Hakamo-o 2.png (167 KB, 245x342)
167 KB
167 KB PNG
>>5952692
>>5952697
>>5952732

"Protect." You order.

This time, Machamp slams into a barrier and is rebuffed, leaving it wide open for a counter- attack.

"Aerial Ace." You order.

"Machamp, Cross Chop!" The guy orders.

Machamp is off balance and Kay O-o isn't, giving him the initiative, which he uses to land a brutal hit to Machamp's mid-riff, dropping it into the red as it scores a hit of its own, leaving Kay O-o in the red now himself.

"Protect!" You order again.

"Close Combat!" The guy orders again, predictably and again, Machamp is left wide open for another Aerial Ace, sending it skidding back across the arena to fetch up at its master's feet.

Kay O-o is battered and breathing heavily now, but he looks every bit as proud and imperious as you'd expect of a dragon with its blood up.

"Kh!" The guy spits, recalling Machamp and balling his fists. "This isn't over!" He says, storming off.

You don't reply as Kay O-o huffs and limps back to your side.

You pat his shoulder and receive a companionable nudge in return.

"Good job, Kay O-o." You say, before he all but collapses on your shoulder.

You patch him up with a few potions before recalling him and going back into the pokemon centre.

The nurse quotes you about fifteen minutes, before giving you a flat look.

"I think that's enough battling for the day." She says meaningfully.

"Sorry. Won't happen again." You assure.

>Go back to reading.
>Go talk to Martha.
>See how Holly and Gareth are getting on.
>Other
>>
>>5952776
>Go talk to Martha.
She could have easily dealt with his pokemon herself
>>
>>5952776
>>Go talk to Martha.
So thanks for letting me earn easy money but refrain from sending them my way outright.
>>
>>5952776
>Go back to reading.
>>
>>5952776
>>Go talk to Martha.
>>
File: Battle_Girl.png (1008 KB, 1200x848)
1008 KB
1008 KB PNG
>>5952823
>>5952841
>>5953070

Kay O-o is going to be a minute, so you head on back to where Martha is reading.

"Thanks for the deflect, Alex." She says, giving you a thumbs up. "That idiot really can't take a hint."

"Not the first time that's happened?"

"Wasn't the first, won't be the last. That guy's just a serial offender in that regard." She explained. "Made the mistake of humouring his bullshit a few years ago to get him to shut up. He then proceeded to beat me by about the length of his-"

"So, you made some sort of bet?" You ask, before she can finish what sounded like a sentence you'd rather not think on.

"Yeah. He'd been annoying me in the League finals about dating. I said if he could beat me in an upcoming match, he'd get a date. That was my first mistake - I gave the fucker motivation. He won, I endured lunch and then kneed him in the groin when he tried getting handsy." Martha explains blandly. "Apparently, that wasn't enough of a hint that he blew it."

"Have you tried going to the police?" You ask.

"He's not a police sized annoyance yet." Martha says. "Besides, you just made a pretty good case for me being taken." She notes.

"...Uh..." You say, freezing and wondering if this is what it's like to step on a Geodude.

"Don't overthink it." Martha advises. "I'm not trying to make things hard for you and Fie - hell, I'll call her myself if you're that uncomfortable with the idea - but you playing the part of my boyfriend either A) Gets him to fuck off, or B) creates a big enough scene that security throws him out on his ass." She explains. "And with any luck, it'll only be for a day, at most. One way or another, we'll be off after that.

>Call Fie.
>Okay, that sounds reasonable...
>I'm in, just surprised is all.
>What's that guy's name, anyway?
>Other
>>
>>5953653
>>Call Fie.
>>Okay, that sounds reasonable...
>>What's that guy's name, anyway?

>Alex gets dragged around as a "pretend" boyfriend by the girls
>>
>>5953653
>Call Fie.
>>
>>5953658
Support.
>>
>>5953653
>>Call Fie.
>>
File: Flannery.png (930 KB, 900x1143)
930 KB
930 KB PNG
>>5953658
>>5953672
>>5953766
>>5953942

"Ah... you mind if I run this by Fie?" You ask cautiously.

"Sure." Martha says, not in the least bit concerned, which you're quite glad for.

You scoot along the seat for a little bit of privacy before ringing Fie's number.

She picks up after the first ring.

++"Hey, trouble already?"++ She asks, sounding tired more of a 'it's been a long day' tired than anything concerning.

"In a manner of speaking." You confirm. "We met up with Martha and the others in Silveridge. There's this asshole making moves on Martha who won't take a hint, she-"

++"Oh, that guy."++ Fie says. ++"He's not a bad trainer, but yeah - asshole. Mind pretending to be her boyfriend for the time being? He is a complete prick and he's really not worth the scene or any hypothetical trouble with the police for turning his arms the wrong way."++

"Martha already asked." You confirm. "I didn't want to go behind your back."

++"That's sweet, but when it's a case like here where some creep is making a move like this? Ask forgiveness later."++ She advises. ++"And if you get a hero's kiss out of it, don't go losing sleep over it."++ She adds pointedly. ++"I know you're too honest to cheat."++

Somehow, that last comment is immensely reassuring.

"Okay. Well, thanks for clearing that up." You reply.

++"Oh and if you wind up in bed, use a condom."++ She adds impishly, before the line goes dead, leaving you gaping, eyes agog.

You're pretty sure she's laughing right now.

(Part 1)
>>
File: the-bhp-at-night.jpg (37 KB, 550x309)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>5955983

You scoot back to Martha.

"So?" She asks.

"You've got yourself a fake boyfriend."

"Don't go calling yourself a fake in company." Martha advises, draping an arm around your shoulder and scooting closer.

It's not long after that Gareth and Holly return.

"Uh..." Gareth begins.

"Long story, I'll tell you later. Go get ready so we can go get dinner." Martha advises. "Alex has just agreed to help me with a personal problem."

"That's not what I'm worried about, does Fie...?"

"She's okay with it." You reply.

His face clears and he and Holly head for the showers while the others filter back in.

Not long afterwards, you head back to the Silveridge Hotel and after you've ordered, you settle in to wait for your meal.

>Ask what happened on the Silveridge Track.
>Ask Holly and Gareth if they want to run the Silveridge Track with Jean and the others.
>Ask what the plan is now.
>Watch some TV.
>Just talk.
>Other
>>
>>5956003
>>Ask what happened on the Silveridge Track.

Ask Martha about her arm. Even with Heal pulse and other moves for therapy a broken arm takes a while to heal while regaining full motor function lasts longer.

>>Ask Holly and Gareth if they want to run the Silveridge Track with Jean and the others.

It is reckless but we can avoid Team Green that way and do some co-op training.
Otherwise we can find a good spot to turn back from while i coach everyone on ranger rules, camping and survival.

>>Ask what the plan is now.
General training plan and journey plan etc.
See if they want to re-route on a safer path through the isles.
>>
>>5956003
>Ask what happened on the Silveridge Track.
>>
>>5956003
>>Ask what happened on the Silveridge Track.
>Ask what the plan is now.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (199 KB, 734x1024)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
>>5956011
>>5956109
>>5956176

"So, what happened on the Track?" You ask.

"We bit off way more than we could chew." Kathryn replies, shaking her head.

"After the first couple of days, the track became more of a rough suggestion than an actual track." Jean adds.

"And the pokemon..." Judy says. "They were really strong and they weren't friendly."

"Specifically, there's this massive flock of Doduo, Dodrio and Espathra that roams up and down the track." Martha adds. "I don't know if it's the inspiration behind the old tall tales behind Old King Bob, or if there actually *is* a gigantic bird-pokemon that leads all those pokemon, but either way... they completely destroyed us - all our equipment, all our supplies... it was all we could do to run away and stay ahead of them long enough for the Rangers to rescue us."

"...Hm." You say intelligently. "So, what's the plan?"

"Well, we've replaced most of our gear and got food again, but we're at a bit of an impasse on whether to try again." Jean explains. "We need a tiebreaker."

"If you want me to vote as well, it's only fair Gareth and Holly do as well." You note.

"That's fair." Jean concedes.

"I don't think we should." Gareth says immediately. "That flock is notorious with good reason - it's not just massive, they hate intruders. Especially humans. There's no placating, bribing or reasoning with them and fighting them is just provoking them to go back to raiding settlements."

"They used to raid settlements?" Holly asks, startled.

"Yeah, with the aim of knocking everything down." Gareth says.

"Hm." Holly says intelligently. "Well, there're seven of us and I've got faith that Alex could get us through the track unscathed." She says.

"Thanks for the vote of confidence." You reply, even as you feel a twinge of unease.

It would've been really convenient if Holly had've been as cautious as Gareth about the whole idea.

>...Maybe after I've gotten a few more badges.
>Hey, with seven of us, it ought to be doable. We'll just need to pack a lot of Repel.
>Maybe we should try the Divide instead. It's still a challenge, but I'm a lot more familiar with it.
>No, this sounds really dangerous. Let's just travel together instead.
>Other
>>
>>5959503
>>...Maybe after I've gotten a few more badges.
>>No, this sounds really dangerous. Let's just travel together instead.
>Other
I can tech you on the road and there are some areas of road we can visit without pissing off the rangers and the guardians.
>>
>>5959503
>>Hey, with seven of us, it ought to be doable. We'll just need to pack a lot of Repel.
>>
>>5959609
>Repel
Intimidate/Repel work of the highest level mon in the party thus likely drawing out stronger more agressive monst instead
That is the suicide option
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>5959503
>1. Hey, with seven of us, it ought to be doable. We'll just need to pack a lot of Repel.
>2. No, this sounds really dangerous. Let's just travel together instead.
While I'm inclined to go to the Divide (mostly cause I like the name lol), I'll use my vote to break the tie.
>>
>>5959503
>>No, this sounds really dangerous. Let's just travel together instead.
>>
>>5959510
>>5959823

>>5959609
>>5959685

Next vote is the tiebreaker.
>>
>>5959685
>1. Hey, with seven of us, it ought to be doable. We'll just need to pack a lot of Repel.
>>
File: 1711564709629409.png (2.33 MB, 2664x2008)
2.33 MB
2.33 MB PNG
If the QM or players are interested at all interested, I'd like to cordially invite you to participate in that greatest of /qst/ community events, the official crossover husbando/waifu (or king & queen) contest! As a long-running, character-driven quest, I thought you folks might be interested in joining the festivities, since you seem to have the OC art for it!

Taking nominees now, and for the next four days.

>>5961634
>>
>>5962195

If anyone wants to nominate Alex, then by all means but I feel it'd be poor form to do so myself.

Also, I think we're all aware I'm about as consistent with updates as the convictions of a politician.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (89 KB, 605x422)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>5960277
>>5960332

You're quiet for a long while as you think it over.

"Hm..."

On the one hand, this sounds dangerous.

On the other hand, there's seven of you, you're confident in your skills and the challenge sounds exciting.

"I think we could do it." You say. "We're going to want to stock up on all the Repel we can carry, but with seven of us, it ought to be doable."

"Counterpoint." Gareth says.

You gesture for him to say his piece. This is a democratic discussion and if he's got a good enough reason to not go ahead with this, then you're open to changing your mind.

"We're nowhere near as experienced as you all." Gareth says, gesturing between your little group and Jeans. "And the wilderness is where the *really* strong pokemon are. Repel might not be enough and while some of Alex's pokemon might be on par with some of yours, ours aren't and his still aren't as well-trained as yours." He adds.

You have to concede, he's got a point there.

"What sort of pokemon did you encounter on the track?" You ask.

"The Dodrio flock aside - Rock, Ground, Fire, Fighting, Poison, Dark and Bug along with a couple outliers of the Electric and Flying variety." Jean replies. "And Gareth's not wrong, some of them it took all four of us to bring down one of them." She adds.

That's definitely not encouraging.

It definitely makes you wish you'd focused more effort on training and evolving Piker.

>We'll just have to be extra careful.
>...Okay, yeah this probably isn't a good idea.
>Other
>>
>>5962434
>>...Okay, yeah this probably isn't a good idea.
Alright fine, let's listen to reason.
>>
>>5962434
>>...Okay, yeah this probably isn't a good idea.
>>
>>5962434
>...Okay, yeah this probably isn't a good idea.
>>
File: Map_Rough_2.png (146 KB, 963x708)
146 KB
146 KB PNG
>>5962485
>>5962510
>>5962605

...Well, shit.

"Okay, yeah this probably isn't a good idea. I'll listen to reason." You say.

"So, if we're not going to go down the track, what should we do?" Holly asks.

"You're welcome to come with us if you want. Or we can come with you. Either or." Martha suggests.

"Where were you planning on going if not down the track?" You ask.

"Galeport and the southern islands." Jean replies. "Although, you probably want to be heading for Redmont and focusing on training, badges and getting more experience." She adds.

>We can do that headed for Galeport.
>Er, rather skip Redmont for the time being.
>How about we hit up Greenshoot Town?
>I guess we're headed back to Saltcoast.
>Why don't we stay here for a while?
>Maybe we should sleep on it and make a decision in the morning.
>Other
>>
>>5962689
>>
>>5962689
>>
>>5962700
>>5963613

"Maybe we should sleep on it and make a decision in the morning?" You offer.

"That's reasonable." Kathryn agrees, "Although, what were you going to do if we had've left before you got here?" She asks.

>Head back to Greenshoot town and challenge Daniel.
>Stay here and train.
>Head back down to Newport and catch a ferry to Galeport.
>I'll be honest, I just figured it'd be better to escape any drama with Fie's Dad. I wasn't thinking that far ahead.
>Other
>>
>>5963653
>Stay here and train.
>Head back to Greenshoot town and challenge Daniel.
What was our original goal with coming here again?
>>
>>5963811

Meeting back up with Jean and her friends, since they called to let you know that they'd had to turn back from their trek along the Silveridge Track.
>>
>>5963843
I meant in the long term with gym challenges and Team Green stuff. Don't know if I'm remembering things wrong, but I recall some anons discussing what out general plans were for the future.
>>
>>5963653
>>Head back to Greenshoot town and challenge Daniel.
Gotta check up on my family too.
>Stay here and train
I would need to build up capital by challenging trainers and train up my team some more.
Challenging Emma at a higher rank taught me just how outclassed i am if i do not double down.
Also the constant harassment from TG cost me a lot of time and nerves.
I gotta give Fie a call later.
>>
>>5963811
>>5964207

"Either stay here and train or head back to Greenshoot and challenge Daniel." You reply.

"...Why come back here to train?" Kathryn asks with a frown. "Fie's dad wouldn't have been sticking around." She notes.

"Sure, but there were a lot of Team Green lurking around." You reply. "We couldn't go anywhere or do anything, really."

"Oh. Well, that's fair." She concedes.

"What about you guys? What are you going to do now?" You ask.

"Well, the Silveridge Track may be a bust, but we can still go island hopping down south." Judy says. "First stop would be the Rime Islands so we could visit the Shrine of the Winter Bringer."

"That wouldn't be half bad." Gareth admits. "I need to visit Scorch Island for my pilgrimage, but I need to visit Genesis Cave first." He adds. "So, if you want to go with them, I'll have to go my own way for a while."

"Genesis... That's the other side of Redmont Town." Jean notes.

"Which is precisely the opposite way you want to go." Gareth notes in turn.

"Well... we can do it later..." Jean says reasonably.

>It's fine. We won't keep you. We'll see you at the Scorch Islands. (You and the girls go your seperate ways.)
>I've always wanted to visit the Rime Islands. (Gareth leaves the party for the time being.)
>Before anything, I want to battle Daniel.
>Other
>>
Rime Islands I1
Genesis Cave C2
Redmont Town 5
>>
>>5965740
>>It's fine. We won't keep you. We'll see you at the Scorch Islands. (You and the girls go your seperate ways.)
>>
>>5965740
>>Other
The off-road track between Genesis cave and Silveridge might be a better way to tutor everyone on bush-craft as there are smaller towns in between along with old mining outposts and farms that the birds left alone.

Is Genesis cave based on the sapphire fields near Emerald Quensland?
>>
>>5966118

I wish I were that clever.

It is now, but originally, I just thought that bit of road looked a bit empty and that it was early enough on the logical progression for a second phase of a quest chain.

L3, Mount Aspiration is loosely near Mt Isa because I felt there needed to be an actual mountain there, though.
>>
>>5965740
>It's fine. We won't keep you. We'll see you at the Scorch Islands. (You and the girls go your separate ways.)
>>
>>5965779
>>5966750

"It's fine, we won't keep you." You reply. "We'll see you at the Scorch Islands." You reply.

"I'll come with." Martha says. "Getting to the Shrine of the Winter Bringer is going to be more doable, but it's going to be a hard hike and I'm not going to be much good with a broken arm." She adds, holding up her cast for emphasis.

You look to Gareth and Holly.

Gareth shrugs, while Holly nods after a moment's thought.

>Welcome aboard.
>I think you'll manage.
>Other
>>
>>5968672
>>Welcome aboard.
>Other
You girls also don't go too crazy with the off-road stuff.
I will coach Martha but the rest of you should really double down on a class with the rangers.
They let you organize proper expeditions to gather water, soil and plant samples and sometimes let a ranger or two accompany you if you ask properly.
>>
>>5968672
>>Welcome aboard.
New party member get?
>>
>>5968672
>Welcome Abroad
>>
>>5968679
>>5968804
>>5969778

"Welcome aboard then." You reply wryly.

You order, before turning your attention to the news, where you're pleased to see that your efforts in the Barrier Islands have paid off as the police in Saltcoast have cracked down hard on Team Green and dozens of them not involved in the battle on the island have been arrested in an 'ongoing investigation'.

Somehow, you doubt this'll be the last you hear or see of them, but for the time being, you'll take being able to walk through Saltcoast City without much worry of being attacked by violent thugs.

Once the news ends though, there's another exhibition match advertised coming up next between Fie and her father as your meal arrives.

>Watch the match.
>Focus on your meal.
>Talk with someone.
>Other
>>
>>5970141
>Watch the match.
>>
>>5970141
>>Watch the match.
>Talk with someone.

Comment on the match with the others.
She got riled up for Alex didn't she.
>>
>>5970141
>>Watch the match.
We could do one of those things were trainers comment on their match like the other anons suggested. This sort of thing happened a lot in the anime lmao
Although I'd suggest we don't mention on how personal it might be between them kek
>>
File: Flannery_confident.jpg (8 KB, 259x194)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>5970162
>>5970163
>>5970306

The match that follows is absolutely frenetic - Fie's dad really is all brute force and Fie clearly knows exactly how to deal with him, leading with a Delphox to his Breloom, a move she evidently expected judging by both her choice of counter and her opening move being an Incinerate to clear the Sitrus Berry that Breloom is holding, a circumstance that goes virtually unpunished as Breloom uses Mach Punch, before Fie's dad swaps to a Poliwrath, which eats the follow-up Psychic head-on and is heavily damaged by it, though isn't knocked clean out, which is rather impressive.

"This is going to be an absolute slugging match." Martha says, noting where you're looking.

"It sure looks like it." You agree.

"When Fie and her dad Norris battle, it has a tendency to watch like a family argument in the form of a pokemon battle." Jean says.

"It looks a little bit like Norris is a little light on arguments tonight though." Kathryn observes as Delphox shrugs off a Dynamic Punch thanks to a Protect before knocking Poliwrath out with another Psychic before Fie swaps her Delphox for a Talonflame which immediately sets up a Tailwind as her father sends in an Infernape, which rushes in with a Close Combat which, to your eye, doesn't do much.

Talonflame's Brave Bird on the next turn though, knocks Infernape clean out, before an Acrobatics on the Hawlucha that replaces it.

In the aftermath, she swaps in Cinder, her Blaziken against Norris's Machoke, which gets a free Submission and Low Kick in while Cinder performs a Sword's Dance.

As Machoke moves in for a Cross Chop though, it's knocked clean out by an Aerial Ace, before the Medicham that follows it is knocked out with a similarly decisive Aerial Ace, leaving Fie the victor.

A state of affairs that Norris looks none too pleased with.

The whole match took all of about five minutes.

"Hm. That was decisive. Norris usually gets at least one knockout." Judy says, sounding surprised.

"Maybe you rubbed off on her." Martha says.

"How so?" You ask with a frown.

"Judging by how you handled Team Green at the lake and here last time, you don't take any prisoners when you battle." She explains. "You're not really one to show off."

>I mean, I study Capoeira...
>Well, no I guess I'm not.
>I *am* doing this because I need the money.
>Other
>>
>>5971968
>I *am* doing this because I need the money
Might as well tell the truth. We are poor AF.
>>
>>5971968
>>Well, no I guess I'm not.
>>
>>5971968
>You give me too much credit if you think my compagny can improve that much Fie's fighting style.
>>
>>5971968
>>Well, no I guess I'm not.
Experience of my elders and all that.
Never gloat when they are down, beat them harder to assure victory and all that.
>Other
Send Fie a congrats on the victory.
"You absolutely wrecked him dear <3 Absolutely swept me of my feet."
>>
>>5971968
>I *am* doing this because I need the money.
>>
File: Parma and chips.jpg (64 KB, 1023x576)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>5971995
>>5972269
>>5971970
>>5973624

"Well no, I guess I'm not." You admit. "At the same time, I *am* doing this because I need the money."

"Well that's fair enough, just don't let that turn you into one of those 'victory at any costs' people. It usually winds up going hand in hand with being a complete asshole." Martha replies.

You focus on your meal after that, enjoying another parmiagiana before you fall to chatting amicably with the others, before you pay and head back to the pokemon center.

Before you head to bed, you send a quick text to Fie complementing her on the battle with her dad.

Her response isn't long in coming.

++It did feel good sweeping him.++ Her response reads. ++Any trouble?++

++No, decided to avoid the track for the time being.++

++Oh, good. I was worried you'd decide to try again after Jean's group stirred everything up.++ She admits.

That's not a pleasant thought and you hadn't thought of that.

++We're headed to Genesis Cave via Redmont next, so we'll be back soon.++ You add.

++You going to challenge me or Emma while you're here?++ Fie sends.

>Yeah, I want a rematch.
>I'd like to try taking you on this time.
>No, I need to train.
>No, I think I'll save taking you on for last.
>Other
>>
>>5974349
>>No, I think I'll save taking you on for last.
Sounds poetic.
>>
>>5974349
>>
>>5974349
>>
>>5974349
>>
>>5974349
>No, I think I'll save taking you on for last. In more ways than one.

Time to put that Rizz on BOIZ!
>>
>>5974349
>>
>>5974349
>>Other
We will come to check in on you tho.
Also we will be doing more thorough prep work before continuing the journey.
Conditioning training and nutrition mostly.
Maybe sweep some wannabe ace trainers for money.
>>
>>5974447
>>5974493
>>5974502
>>5974539
>>5974570
>>5974579
>>5974599

++No, I think I'll save taking you on for last.++ You reply after a moment's thought.

++Arceus, you're a romantic sometimes. Sweet dreams.++ Fie replies.

You smile before you put down your pokedex and climb into bed.

The next morning, you wake up at your regular crack of dawn and head on out to the court at the back to practice your Capoeira.

>Meditate.
>Go through your routine quickly to train.
>Push yourself.
>Other
>>
>>5975951
>Go do your morning routine as usual.
>Meditate.
We should train too afterwards.
>>
>>5975951
>>
>>5975951
>>
>>5975951
>>Meditate.
We haven't done this in a while.
Keep up the good form and maintain our sense of our surroundings to make sure nobody gets hurt.
>>
>>5976087
>>5976119
>>5975978
>>5976204

Roll two dice.
>>
Rolled 70, 33 = 103 (2d100)

>>5976576
>>
Rolled 9, 56 = 65 (2d100)

>>5976576
>>
Rolled 78, 38 = 116 (2d100)

>>5976576
>>
Rolled 85, 79 = 164 (2d100)

>>5976576
I was tempted to roll 2d1000 just for the lulz
>>
>>5976587
>>5976648
>>5976664

It feels good getting back into the regular swing of practicing your Capoeira, but when you start regulating your breathing to try to meditate, you find your rhythm slipping.

You keep trying regardless, but by the end of the half hour, you've not made any process with regards to getting into a receptive state of mind for meditation.

You're too amped up thinking about how to train your team.

>Train Rascal
>Train Fluffy
>Train Queenie
>Train Latias
>Train Sage
>Train Volta
>Get someone else to train from the PC.
>Other

Out of Party:
Blitz (Growlithe)
Coolie (Applin)
Rusty (Aron)
Piker (Feebas)
Syurm (Leavvany)
Kay O-o (Hakamo-o)
Nika (Riolu)
Ayumi (Dratini)
>>
>>5977357
>Train Fluffy
>>
>>5977357
>>Train Queenie
Second (third?) time's the charm.
>>
>>5977357
>Switch Volta for Piker
>Train Piker
I'm all about that Feebas, that Feebas, no trouble.
>>
>>5977357
>>Train Fluffy
>Trade Queenie for Blitz
Turn it into a game of tag where Blitz teaches Fluffy Double team
>>
page 10
>>
>>5977827

Already archived it.
>>
File: Eevee.png (37 KB, 200x200)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>>5977369
>>5977768

You decide to train Fluffy first.

You've got to correct that oversight with not having taught him Swift for a start and you reckon you could squeeze in Double Team with Blitz's help.

This in mind, you head to the PC and swap Queenie for Blitz, before hesitating as it strikes you that it's been a while since you did something with Piker, so you swap Volta for him as well.

You're not sure what you're going to do with him just yet, but you need to stop neglecting him, you feel. Feebas are hard work, you've always heard said, but Milotic are worth it.

These changes made, you head back out to start teaching Fluffy Swift.

>Roll.
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>5977866
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

>>5977866
>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>5977866
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>5977866
>>
File: Eevee_Swift.jpg (9 KB, 321x157)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>5977888
>>5978169
>>5978187

Swift, it turns out, is remarkably easy to teach - or at least, Fluffy is a quick study, only needing about fifteen minutes before he's consistently nailing the stick you're throwing as a target.

He's apparently really fond of this sort of target practice play and he's a little gloomy when he actually breaks the stick with a particularly strong burst of stars, staring at the splintered remnants glumly, but he comes trotting over afterward and leans into your pats, purring audibly as he looks up at you adoringly.

You get the impression that if you were to take off his Everstone right now, he might very well evolve into an Espeon on the spot.

You've still got some time left for training, by your estimation, it's just a question of what next.

>Train Rascal (Braviary)
>Keep trainingFluffy (Eevee) (Everstone)
>Train Piker (Feebas)
>Train Latias
>Train Sage (Braixen) (Everstone)
>Train Blitz (Growlithe)
>Other
>>
>>5978271
>Train Piker (Feebas)
Why are we using the Everstone again? What moves do we still want to teach him before Umbreon Domination?

QM can we teach broken let's go moves? Can we teach Toxic to Umbreon?
>>
>>5978271
>Train Piker (Feebas)
>>
>>5978271
>Train Blitz (Growlithe)
>>
>>5978275

Don't see why you can't teach Toxic.

And the Everstone was to avoid a Sylveon or Espeon.
>>
>>5978275
>>5978317

Alright, roll and what are you training? Stats, or are you trying to teach a move?

Keep in mind, Feebas can learn TM moves.
>>
>>5978953
Grooming
I want the nicest Feebas in the region
>>
Rolled 27 (1d100)

>>5978986
>Moves: Chilled Water
>>
>>5979099
Chilling water not chilled water
>>
Rolled 29 (1d100)

>>5978953
>>
Rolled 29, 85 = 114 (2d100)

>>5978953
>Train Piker
Work on Chilling water.
+SpA training
>>
>>5978275
We wanted to teach Fluffy Cosmic power and Body press.

So to get him familiar with both Fighting and Psychic moves he needs to learn the following first:
>Rock smash
>Detect
And
>Calm mind
>Stored power
>Agillity

Perhaps more moves since unevolved pokemon and normal types learn more and with greater variety.
We do not need a partner Eevee but Poison fang, Psychic fang, Camouflage and Stealth rock would be cool on Umbreon.
>>
File: Feebas.png (958 KB, 919x1280)
958 KB
958 KB PNG
>>5979099
>>5979118
>>5979237

You've really been neglecting Piker.

Like, to an embarrassing degree. You know people who'd cheerfully give a kidney for a Feebas and here you are barely paying the little guy any mind.

Well, time to do something about that.

Some quick skimming later and you decide to try teaching him Chilling Water.

He can learn Protect, you're pleased to see, but giving him an offensive move besides Tackle and Water Gun strikes you as a good idea.

The next half an hour though proves to be less than fruitful. All you're left with at the end of it is a whole mess of water and some soaked clothes.

On the bright side, Piker seems to have squeezed some more pressure out of his Water Gun, so it's not a total loss.

You check your watch as Piker happily splashes about in the big puddle.

It's just about time for breakfast and you're really feeling the morning chill after that.

"Good job, Piker." You say as you recall him before heading in.

A quick, warm shower later and you go out feeling somewhat better to meet the others for breakfast.

"All set?" Martha asks, patting her pack.

>Yeah, just about.
>I'm going to do a bit more training before we go.
>Nah, shopping first.
>Other
>>
>>5980376
>Other
Check Pokedex for Feebas' evolution
>>
>>5980376
>>Yeah, just about.
>>
>>5980384
Support
>>
>>5980384
We already pre-wrote it as Alex doing research before with blue pokeblocks.

>>5980376

>>Nah, shopping first.
We need to resupply.

>Swap team around
>Keep
Fluffy, Rascal, Volta, Queenie, Nika
We need some play/training time with the others.
Also Rascal and Volta to take care of the "ace trainer" if he pops out.
>>
>>5980376
>>5980660
+1
>>
>>5980376
>>5980660+1

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.