[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: versequest5.png (10 KB, 886x797)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNPJiEuqFNo
In the last thread, the being known in some circles as Existence, but in most (mortal ones) as God, experienced some... things. These things include, but are not limited to: being almost killed by a retired musician who wants to stop time, getting stabbed by his own son for implying he could feel fear, and making his wives a little sad. This along with it being hammered home that he's probably not the strongest man in the universe, things aren't really going all that well for our... hero? Protagonist. Protagonist is probably the better word.
Oh, and also, this God guy is you by the way. You're him. Ain't that sad?

Previous threads: https://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Versequest

So now comes the time you decide how we'll begin this chapter of your story. Will we start where we left off, sleep, or time skip?
(Note: If you choose time skip or sleep, I do not recommend doing so for over 20 years or so. Doing this would almost definitely make you miss out on the chance to partake in and influence the current Greethian war directly, and you will most likely miss out on the stories of the various mortals we've met, either in their entirety or at least to a large extent.)
>Sleep
>Time skip
>Where we left off
>>
>>5953138
>Sleep
>>Duration: 1 year
>>Location: an uninhabited world, cloaked from detection by any of our children, spouses, or creations
>>Precaution: Check for cameras first
>>
>>5953138
>Deal with Life first
I wanna do a timeskip, but not before we finish dealing with that boy. Come on, one LAST thing properly taken care of before we do it
>>
>>5953138
>Check up on Adversary
We never did this, did we?
>>
>>5953177
Nah, just left him unsupervised with the Fortune Orb.
>>
>>5953165
support, we can check on Adversary right after
>>
File: checklifeafter.png (9 KB, 891x800)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>5953152
>>5953165
>>5953177
>>5953178
>>5953183
You go check on Life once more. He's still in the same state you left him in, probably still seeing from the perspective of Death. Looks like Retis made no effort to patch up his still-bleeding eye wound, and even ended up leaving the room.
Man.
>Change the settings of the goggles
>Take off the goggles
>Talk
>Punish
>Reward
>Do something else
>>
>>5953186
>Modify the goggles so they'll cycle randomly between perspectives whenever Life reaches a good stopping point
>Patch up the wound
>Call Retis a bitch under our breath
>>
>>5953186
>Clean him up and give him a glass eye for now
>check if he's still alive
>check where he's at in the goggles.
>>
>>5953188
I'd be down for the cycle, but I'd like to check how he is after Death's perspective first though
>>
>>5953186
>Make sure he's still alive
>Patch up the wound
>Modify the goggles so they'll cycle randomly between perspectives whenever Life reaches a good stopping point
>>
>>5953186
>>5953195
+1
>>
File: fixlife.png (8 KB, 892x800)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>5953188
>>5953189
>>5953190
>>5953195
>>5953197
You clean up and heal Life's wound. Doesn't look like his eye will ever be quite the same, but at least it's back.
You check to see how he's doing within his new perspective. Seems he's still just angry and defiant. Might need a bit more time to cook.
You modify the goggles so they will begin to cycle through different perspectives at appropriate stopping points. You also call Retis a bitch under your breath. You hope she didn't hear that.
>Talk
>Punish
>Reward
>Sleep
>Time skip
>Do something else
>>
>>5953202
I vote again for >>5953152, but am open to peeking in on Adversary first
>>
>>5953152
+1
>>
>>5953202
Is the eye closed or has it become purple like ours?
>>
>>5953202
>Peek on Adversary with the orb
>>5953205
Personally I'd like a longer timeskip, since we have stuff that needs to cook like working out or teaching Music speaking lessons. But I'm for starting with a nap
>>
>>5953202
>Check on adversary
Then we can nap
>>
>>5953202
>Check on Adversary
>>
File: checkonadversary.png (8 KB, 890x797)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>5953205
>>5953208
>>5953209
>>5953210
>>5953214
>>5953221
You decide to check how The Adversary has been doing with the orb. Seems he's been very infatuated with it, and is yet to make a decision on whether or not to form an alliance with Nifoslok.
He most likely will given some time.
>Talk
>Punish
>Reward
>Sleep
>Time skip
>Do something else
>>
>>5953227
>Make the orb crack in half and become unusable after the Adversary sees 3 more timelines
>Go to sleep
>>
>>5953227
>Make our voice ring in his mind and remind him of the dangers of indecision and addiction to hasbeens. Make it seem like he's the one thinking about it and he's just remembering
>>
>>5953234
For you anons wanting the timeskip, I propose this instead:
>20 years
>Start by sleeping
>Give Music speaking lessons(personally)
>Train with Sal
>Send War to train under Malke, can't have a wimp of a war god
>Rehabilitate Life
>Tell Love's Cherubim to watch over him and tell us if ge tries to kill himself again
>When we have time, make some more defenses for Black Space
>Mend things with Red and Blue, they'll come around to it.
We told Wife we'd get in shape and I don't want to skip that
>>
>>5953258
I'm also okay with that. I just want some kind of timeskip or break-- feels like we've been in the same year or two forever.
>>
>>5953263
Yeah I know. I mainly want the timeskip si we can do stuff that would take a long time to do. Like letting the war cook a little. As well as letting Arika and the gas giant develop a bit more
>>
>>5953227
Oh yeah, almost forgot but
>Store Life's original eye in stasis instead of leaving itbon the ground, maybe we can reattach it as a reward one day.
>>
>>5953258
This is fine by me, but also let's get swole by training alongside War.

>>5953227
>>
(Just wanna throw another warning out there, that if you're at all invested in what's going on on Greeth a 10+ year time skip would not be ideal. 9 and below is probably much better.
For example, after a 20-year time skip Peter would most likely be dead, and characters like Timmy and David would be in their 50s. Not to mention longer timeslips also give you anons less say over what happens and how things pan out, as all opportunities to get involved will be skipped over.)
>>
>>5953258
support as long as its like what we did in a previous thread where we take small naps then do all that is listed in the time between.
>>
>>5953273
I'm for training with Sal bevause that dude is the strongest mortal we've ever seen(bar Kritla) and has a shitload of experience with other spaces. There's no better
>>
>>5953276
ah shit, in that case
>>5953258
>>5953278
Keep details same, just change time to 9 years.
>>
>>5953276
Alright then, change time to 9. God's gonna be real busy this time
>>
>>5953276
Fair. A year-long nap, and then getting back to bidness is still my preference, but I'll support any nap up to 9 years, then.
>>
>>5953227
>>5953258
This, but make it a 1 year nap.
>>
(Some anons seem to be for a year, and some anons seem to be for nine. How about we go for one year, and then see after if we want to go for longer?)
>>
>>5953368
Fair!
>>
>>5953227
>Time skip for 1 year.
>Spend the entire time training in a secluded area.
>>
>>5953368
Sounds fine
>>
>>5953368
It's more like some anon want to sleep fir a year but are okay with including that in the 9 years total I think
>>
File: timeskip1.png (31 KB, 1255x798)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>5953234
>>5953241
>>5953258
>>5953271
>>5953281
>>5953287
>>5953304
>>5953365
Time begins to pass... soon, a year is gone.

In the past year, many things have happened on Greeth. After much consideration, The Adversary finally decided to align The Holy Kingdom with Nifoslok. The LHR very soon after officially declared war on Nifoslok and The Holy Fish Empire, meaning the good faith between The LHR and The Holy Kingdom had now been ruined, and a violent conflict began.
After months of preparation, Timmy would give a speech that would change the course of LHR history forever. In this speech, he took credit for the destruction of The MSMS, and claimed that the reason he had been the way he was towards the people, was because of threats from them. He also ended up claiming that Nifoslok and The Holy Fish Empire supported The MSMS, and that is why he wanted to wage war against him. It took some convincing, and a few more speeches, but eventually the people believed him. Soon, Timmy went from one of the most hated Presidents in LHR history to a man revered as an almost God-like figure.
Timmy began to make promises. Promises that would be impossible to fulfill within the short presidential term he had left. It was clear, Timmy didn't plan to stay president. He wanted to become king.
And become king he did. Timmy managed to make the people love him so much, that they wanted HIM to be the supreme leader of their country. After surviving several assassination attempts, Timmy was made king, or as he wanted to be called, emperor. The Republic of Love and Hate reverted to The Love Hate Empire in a single day.
With the people by his side, The LHE military began to make even more moves on Nifoslok, taking more land, and killing more people, Timmy having aspirations of possibly taking the entire southern continent, and maybe even the world.
Advances were also made on The Holy Kingdom, The LHE taking land, raiding several major cities, taking slaves, and taking prisoners of war.
The LHE did not make any progress when it came to The Holy Fish Empire however, as after an internal conflict, Fort Fidor became weakened, and soon The LHE was driven out of the country altogether.
1/3
>>
File: timeskip2.png (14 KB, 890x799)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>5953397
Nelson, David, and Rover would eventually make it Horthka to help out in the current battle, only to be a bit too late. By the time they got there, the battle was already victorious for The LHR after Relson and Jorge managed to convince the LHR to send more troops. Nelson, David, and Rover do manage to convince the commanders there to allow them to help with the fight elsewhere and are soon put on a ship to Fort Fidor in The Holy Fish Empire.
Once there, Nelson, David, and Rover are sent on a mission to retrieve General Bark from captivity, Nelson being surprised that Bark is even still alive after not seeing him for so many years. This mission is used as a way for them to prove their capabilities, and to atone for some of the crimes they committed against The LHR to get to where they are in the first place.
This operation is eventually successful, and General Bark and Nelson are reunited after a very long time.
David eventually decides this life is not for him, and leaves Fort Fidor to head to the capital city of The Holy Fish Empire. See, David had begun having visions, telling him that it was time for him to spread the true word of God. So that's what he did, preaching a very... northern religion to the people of The Holy Fish Empire.
This does not go over well, as David is immediately arrested and taken to The High Priest, who decides that if David really wants to prove his dedication and the truth of what he preaches, he will be willing to undergo years of torture for it.
And so David is imprisoned, tortured daily, and is forced to undergo 78 crucifixions in one year. He somehow survives all of this. Lucky guy.
2/3
>>
File: timeskip3.png (17 KB, 892x799)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>5953406
Eventually, The LHR becomes The LHE due to Timmy's actions. Nelson and Bark don't like this. One bit. So they decide to kill everyone in Fort Fidor, before escaping.
They didn't think this through very much, as now they are on both The LHE and The Holy Fish Empire's shit list, but they're just happy to be back in the game after so long. Rover decides he has nothing to do with this and leaves with the hope Nelson and Bark will eventually be killed by The LHE or The Holy Fish Empire.
Bark and Nelson eventually here word of David's imprisonment, and have been working ever since to liberate him.
As for the other champions, here's a status report:
Sera and Sarah were very successful in their massacres, taking a lot of land for the LHR. They are currently stationed at LHE Colony North, still commonly referred to as LHR Colony North.
Commander Relson has been stationed up North, helping fight The Holy Kingdom.
Hank is now stationed at LHR Colony East.
Dayklo is stationed at Camp Freedom helping to stop The LHE from continuing to take more land.
Kira is still in her home, conducting more plans to capture high-ranking LHE officials.
Gerome was killed and eaten by Sera and Sarah, meaning Peace is out of the competition.
And Kelik has been living in the wilderness outside of Horthka, waiting for his moment to take it back from The LHE.
>>
File: indomain.png (3 KB, 367x402)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>5953419
You stand in your domain. What will you do?
>Work out more (as you've been doing)
>See family
>Check Champion
>Mess with mortals
>Do something else
>>
>>5953421
>Give Nelson and Bark a subconscious hunch whenever they're being tracked or about to be ambushed
This should help them survive. Outlaw fugitives are kino. Also, shit, poor David. Nothing to be done but mark his soul for paradise and wait. Likewise...
>Work out more (as you've been doing)
We need to get jacked.
>>
>>5953421
>Heal David's wounds and make sure he doesn't die. Take him down from the cross(without anyone seeing us of course, do it remotely)
>Nudge Nelson and Bark to let them know David is off the cross. Give Nelson a special blunderbuss that instead of shooting bullets, warps space to slam people away brutally.
>Spend the next 8 years in a timeskip using the plan here >>5953258(minus the 20 years) and add ''Make sure Dayklo doesn't die yet''
>>
>>5953425
That's why I'm voting for the 8 years timeskip, we need time to get jacked, just like we need time to do the other stuff.
>>
>>5953419
(hear word*)
>>
>>5953427
+1, but train alongside War so we can get to know him better.

>>5953419
>>
>>5953421
>Mess with mortals
>Destroy Greeth and make it anew.
>>
>>5953425
+1
>>
(Hey, anons! Sorry for the lack of updates this past few days. I've been terribly sick, sore throat, throwing up, all that. I'll get back to updating as soon as I feel a bit better.)
>>
>>5954603
Oh shit! Get well soon, QM. thanks for the udpate.
>>
>>5954603
It's awwwwright.
>>
>>5954603
Don't worry about it bro.
>>
(Hey, anons! Little update. Turns out, I did not have the flu, and actually came down with food poisoning, strep throat, and possible tonsillitis all at the same time! It has been HELLISH but I finally got some antibiotics yesterday, so I'm in the process of coming out of it. Hopefully, I'll feel well enough to get back to updating soon. Either way, updates coming at some point in the future!)
>>
>>5957107
The fuck did you eat? How did this happen? This is definitely the QM Curse at work
>>
>>5957107
Jesus man, was a little worried for you. Curse really hit you like a freight train. It's all good, make sure to rest well
>>
>>5957113
(I have recurring strep throat. I get it once every 1-2 years or so. As for food poisoning, I wasn't thinking and accidentally froze ground beef after having already defrosted it, which has a chance of making you sick lol. I used said meat to make burgers later and ended up throwing up like 8 times that night.)
>>5957114
(I'm perfectly fine! I'm pretty okay now, it's mostly just a bit uncomfortable to swallow and my throat is all full of goo. The antibiotics should straighten me out in a few days or so.)
>>
>>5957118
>>5957107
Holy shit. Feel better soon, QM!
>>
>>5957118
That’s some tough shit. Get well soon.

As for the ground beef, yeah, don’t doubledip that shit. Especially ground beef. You might be able to get away with more whole cuts of beef but those grounded up beef they’re a much better vector for bacteria.
>>
>>5957107
Jesus christ dude. Stay alive for us.
>>
(Hey, anons! With the help of antibiotics, I've been doing a lot better, so updates coming very soon! I have some things planned tonight, so there's a chance I won't be posting tonight, but if everything goes well we'll be back on track tomorrow.
Thanks for your patience!)
>>
>>5958910
And thanks for the frequent updates, glad you got better dude.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (85 KB, 466x615)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>5958910
have a rare pepe.
>>
File: freedavid.png (10 KB, 848x798)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>5953425
>>5953427
>>5953459
>>5953486
You heal David's wounds and allow him to fall from the cross. He's very confused, but he's not really complaining.
You send a telepathic message to Nelson and Bark to let them know of David's newfound freedom. Hopefully, they will be able to help him out.
1/2
>>
File: indomainagain.png (6 KB, 729x798)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>5960089
Time begins to pass... Eight years to be exact.
You spend this time working on many things you've been planning on working on. You send War to go train with Malke, so that he may become a better War god. You help Music with her speaking lessons. You contact Sal and begin a training regimen with him.
Life remains in the goggles, as you still have the hope that his time in other people's shoes will allow him to learn to empathize with others.
You manage to mend things with Red and Blue and begin taking steps to help Love with his suicidal thoughts...
And as for what you did on Greeth, seems the fish people thought that David coming off the cross meant he was the second-coming of The Priest, and so now they've forced him to live in a palace and go to him for "wisdom". Nelson and Bark failed to free him.
You stand in your domain. What now?
>See family
>Mess with mortals
>Train
>See champions
>Do something else
>>
>>5960091
>Test our new physique
>>
>>5960095
+1, how swole are we?
>>
>>5960095
+1
>>
>>5960095
+1
>>
>>5960095
+1, we need to supplex something
>>
File: sicknewphysiqu.png (8 KB, 798x797)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>5960095
>>5960114
>>5960146
>>5960198
>>5960278
You test your SICK new physique, you find a big rock and just lift it. You manage to do so relatively effortlessly, due to the intense training you've endured. You also make sure to let out a sick super manly battle cry just to make you feel even more awesome.
You're also super buff now. I mean, just look at how buff you are. It's astonishing.
>See family
>Mess with mortals
>Train
>See champions
>Do something else
>>
>>5961438
>>Train
we need to become MORE buff. We need to become so buff we ASCEND!
>>
>>5961438
>See family
Maybe check in on Life's rehab.
>>
>>5961438
how heavy is this rock QM?
>>
>>5961450
I support training a little more, gotta start the day on a disciplined foot. Can't be slacking!
>>
>>5961454
+1
>>
File: 1711503878559806.png (2.37 MB, 2693x2014)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB PNG
If the QM or players are interested at all interested, I'd like to cordially invite you to to participate in that greatest of /qst/ community events, the official crossover husbando/waifu (or king & queen) contest! Though I know God's last party didn't go so great, I'm sure some member sof his family (or his mortal playthings?) would have a grand old time!

Taking nominees now, and for the next five days.

>>5961634
>>
>>5961792
Adversary 4 king! I mean, he already is, but even so.
>>
File: carrytherocks.png (9 KB, 798x796)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>5961450
>>5961454
>>5961457
>>5961462
>>5961477
You begin to train more. Your training regimen is long and complex. It has many steps, so get ready for a long explanation.
1. Carry a rock
2. Carry more rocks
AHHHHHHHHH! CARRY THE ROCKS! ROCK CARRYING IS THE ULTIMATE SHOW OF DIVINE MASCULINITY! YOU ARE THE ROCK CARRIER! YOU ARE THE ROCK CARRIER! FUCK YEAH! ROCKS!
>Carry more rocks
>See family
>Mess with mortals
>See champions
>Do something else
>>
(Hey, anons! I should be back now for the foreseeable future. I don't have anything to do for the next week or so, so I can focus on updating a lot more.)
>>
>>5964146
>>Carry more rocks
>>
>>5964146
Is
Is that really our training regimen, I thought we were supposed to learn how not to get our face beaten in...
>Take a peek at what War's training looks like
>>
File: pushups.png (7 KB, 797x796)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>5964160
>>5964169
You continue to CARRY ROCKS as you check up on War. Seems he's alone at a random isolated part of the Priest doing... push-ups? Push-ups? Who the fuck does those. He should really be LIFTING ROCKS. Lifting rocks is the Kreeko way, and those guys have things figured out.
>Carry more rocks
>See family
>Mess with mortals
>See champions
>Do something else
>>
>>5964205
QM is Sal making fun of us or is that just how kreeko train
>Drop le rock, go see Life's progress
>>
>>5964205
>Carry more rocks
>Do something else
Tell War to get on top of the rock so he can do pushups while we carry the rock and him.
>>
>>5964249
Wait, that sounds funny actually let's do that
>>
>>5964205
>Realize that War is trying to lift The Priest
>Tell him that's badass and join him
>>
>>5964215
Supporting this. The joke can only go on so long.
>>
File: sickworkout.png (7 KB, 795x793)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>5964215
>>5964249
>>5964252
>>5964305
>>5964318
You head down to see War, telling him his attempts to lift The Priest are super badass, and that he should join you in your workout.
"Um, well, that's not really what I'm doing, but I can join you if you want."
You get a HUGE FUCKING ROCK and carry it, while War sits on top and does some pushups. You will be the greatest rock carrier this universe has ever seen.
>Carry more rocks
>See family
>Mess with mortals
>See champions
>Do something else
>>
>>5964355
>Stack that rock on an EVEN BIGGER ROCK and go on a HIGH GRAVITY WORLD to lift it
>After that workout go see Life
>>
>>5964355
>See family
>Do something else
Put them all on the rock and talk to them through those clone angels we have
>>
>>5964355
>See how Life is cooking
>>
>>5964370
+1
INSIDE A STAR OR GAS GIANT.
>>
I hope we don't get beat up in blue space again, that was the whole point of the training. It's just gonna start to be annoying if that's what happens everytime we leave black space, and I'd be inclined to just never go to these places again
>>
(Hey, anons! For one, just want to apologize for the absolute lack of updates this past while. It seems somehow the universe keeps aligning to make finding the time to update extremely difficult as of late. Got all kinds of stuff going on, things I've had to work on, people who've wanted to hang out, stuff like that.
I WILL get back to updating as soon as I'm able! I don't wanna update when I don't have the proper time or motivation as that usually not only means shorter updates, but updates of significant lesser quality. I'd rather just wait til I have the time to actually make something worth making.
Thanks for your patience, anons! And in the meantime, (which shouldn't be too long but still), if you're looking to get your divine shenanigans fix that Dawn of Creation quest looks pretty cool!
Will be back as soon as I can, anons! Thanks once again.)
>>
>>5967905
Thank you for all the memories QM. Versequest has been legendary.
>>
>>5972335
And will hopefully soon continue to be!
>>
>>5972335
>>5972347
(Once again, I apologize. Versequest isn't over, and won't be until it reaches its completion, so really, don't worry about that. I'll see this thing through to the end even if it takes years. I REALLY do plan on bringing this thing to completion, no matter what drawbacks I may or may not have. I've just been busy, and not to get too personal, a little bit depressed as of late. While I have been doing a bit of writing, it's difficult to write something like Versequest which is often a bit more lighthearted. It's also much more difficult to draw, since for me it takes a lot more focus, even if the drawing is rather simple.
You anons are allowed to be a bit annoyed if you really want, and I'm not gonna try to pull the "I'm depressed and therefore exempt from responsibility" card. I've been pretty annoyed at myself, and have very often thought "What the fuck are you doing, dude, just write." and just... didn't, which may sound dumb and irresponsible (and it is), but if you understand the feeling you get that it's very difficult.
As for WHY I'm depressed and if I'm okay, there is no reason, and yes I am. I have episodes of depression and mania very often, and I've sort of learned over time to recognize when I'm in one of these states. Usually, they don't last long, but when they do they can be pretty detrimental to my life in general, especially the depressive side of it. So, as usual, I'll be out of it eventually, even if it takes a little while.
Anyway, enough woe is me stuff. I will return, so do not worry! Versequest isn't going anywhere anytime soon. And once again, just because I'm a bit depressed doesn't mean you're not allowed to call me a lazy retard, lol.
Anyway, will return soon, anons! Do not worry!)
>>
>>5972383
I'm sorry I ran the Unofficial Verse Quest XXX Parody, QM. I didn't mean to send you crashing into slumber, I accept full responsibility if you and Anons want to blame me.
>>
>>5972383
Alright no worries.
>>
>>5972388
(Versesex was truly the most traumatic event in my life...
Though to be totally honest Versesex actually gave me something to do that day, and was pretty funny, so to be honest I'm sort of thankful for it, lol.)
>>
>>5972383
I'm not about to lay into a storyteller and artist whose work I enjoy because of a 10-day delay.

>>5972388
I'm genuinely surprised you didn't get nuked earlier.
>>
>>5972383
If you vanished for weeks at a time with zero warning or explanation, I probably would be annoyed. But you're consistently excellent at communicating delays, so there's nothing to be concerned about. Feel better soon OP.
>>
>>5972383
Depression sucks, man.
Hope you feel better.
>>
>>5972388
>Unofficial Verse Quest XXX Parody
Did I miss something?
>>
>>5972960
Boy howdy DID you!

https://archived.moe/qst/thread/5966393/
>>
File: heavyworld.png (22 KB, 801x797)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>5964370
>>5964377
>>5964378
>>5964505
You get an EVEN BIGGER ROCK and put the other rock on top of it, before heading to the planet with the HIGHEST level of gravity and attempting to lift it. You are crushed immediately.
"Dad?"
1/2
>>
File: lifestate.png (8 KB, 801x797)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>5975051
You decide that's enough ROCK CARRYING for the day, and decide to go check on Life.
In the time that's passed, Retis has made many changes to Life's set up. Not only did she made goggles specifically for him, but she also added wires connected to his brain that allow you to use a small cellular device to check up on his current mental state.
The only problem you really had with this is that because of the wires Life will be immediately subjected to indescribable pain as the electric shocks and wounds that he's been completely numb to thus far, will enter his awareness. He probably deserves it though.
>Check Life
>See family
>Mess with mortals
>Do something else
>>
>>5975052
>Check Life with our godly powers, no need to cause unimaginable pain if we don't need to, he already spend 8 years in fucking VR
>>
>>5975052
>Can't we just, like, numb the pain of using the cellular device?
>Numb it then check his status
>>
File: mentalanguis.png (9 KB, 799x796)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>5975054
>>5975056
You numb his pain and then check his status, which is something you do often.
"Mental Anguish". Huh.
>Check Life
>See family
>Mess with mortals
>Do something else
>>
>>5975062
>Disconnect him for now and talk to him
We haven't spoken in nearly a decade, let's get him out of there a little bit.
>>
>>5975064
+1
>>
>>5975064
+1
>>
>>5975064
Supporting.
>>
QM?
>>
>>5979146
(Here! Update coming within the hour since I have some time.)
>>
File: freelife.png (13 KB, 796x796)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>5975064
>>5975066
>>5975070
>>5975180
You disconnect Life from the goggles and the wires to talk to him. He immediately screams as his sense of reality is shattered and the many wires embedded into his brain are swiftly and painfully pulled out by his fall to the ground.
He looks around, confused. "Sandra? Sandra? W-Where are you?! Where are you?!"
He then begins to convulse, as all of his memories begin pouring back.
Apparently, looking back on the goggle's history, he was almost exclusively cycled through the perspectives of hundreds of mortals who were eventually killed.
Life, now having the memories of thousands of mortal lifetimes in his mind, curls up on the floor, saying nothing.
This could have gone better.
>Talk
>Punish
>Reward
>Put the goggles back on
>Kill
>Do something else
>>
>>5979256
>Do something else
Genderswap him.
>>
>>5979256
>Heal his wounds and hold him close
>>5979261
Do not do that, we're trying to fix him lmao...though this could've gone better
>>
>>5979268
+1
>>
>>5979256
>Heal his wounds
>Debrief him, bring the therapist
>>
>>5979268
+1
>>
File: catatonic.png (8 KB, 798x798)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>5979261
>>5979268
>>5979271
>>5979283
>>5979554
You heal his wounds and attempt to comfort him, but this is to no avail. You try to tell him to follow you to Retis' office, but this also does not work. He is unresponsive.
You drag him by the foot into Retis' office, who greets you with curiosity, and then shock.
"You let Life out of the simulation?!" She asks.
You tell her that indeed you did.
She kneels down next to him, concerned.
"Life? Life? You there?"
He doesn't respond. This can't be good.
>Talk
>Punish
>Reward
>Do something else
>>
>>5980430
>Delve into his mind
>Tell her he was in "Mental Anguish" before we disconnected him
I'd rather not but if he's completely unresponsive we kind of have to stage abd intervention
>>
>>5980430
>Ask Retis why tf she wasn't monitoring his mental state more closely
>She had ONE JOB
>>
>>5980781
>>5980439
+1 to both
>>
File: lifeself.png (29 KB, 796x795)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>5980439
>>5980781
>>5980854
You tell Retis that his mental state was "mental anguish", and scold her for not monitoring his mental state.
"I was monitoring him! He'd have negative emotions sure, but he was never in 'mental anguish' or whatever... The hell happened?"
You delve into his mind. After digging through thousands and thousands of destroyed and dead selves, you find the original Life, at the very bottom. Seems his sense of self has been completely destroyed by the constant switching of perspectives, as when you're within another perspective you basically wholeheartedly believe you are that person for the small amount of time you're in their mind. But since Life spent extensive amounts of time as other people, and switched so often, he no longer knows who he really is anymore.
Fuck. Not this shit again.
>Talk
>Reward
>Punish
>Put him out of his misery
>Do something else
>>
>>5983118 #
>Try to solidify him and coax him to the surface
Surely we've got some experience with minds now after dealing with Chaos
>>
>>5983118

>>5983126
Yeah, I'll back that.
>>
>>5983118
Wake up
>>
(Hey, anons! Just noticed the thread is on page nine at this point, so I thought I'd write a little message for you all. For one, THANK YOU for being so patient with this whole situation and continuing to support the quest. I think we can all admit, this thread was a little shit lmao. But hey, it's just one of the many setbacks that may arise in this kind of hobby, and do not worry, Versequest won't be going anywhere permanently anytime soon.
I think I just sort of underestimated just how busy this time of year would be for me, and depression and a bit of creative burnout certainly did not help.
I'll continue to post updates in this thread when I can until it's archived, but I think we all know the story of this thread almost definitely not be finished IN this thread.
So, I have two choices for how we can deal with this, anons.
We can stop here, not archive this thread, and the next thread will be sort of a redo of sorts, but as to not undo any of your progress I'll make sure to put the few events that happened in this thread in the introductory recap.
OR, we could archive this thread, declare it unfinished, and make the next thread a continuation of it. "Versequest 5.5" or something like that.
Once again, sorry for everything, and THANK YOU anons for your patience and kindness about this whole thing.)
>>
>>5985792
I vote for redo
>>
>>5985792
I think archiving this and making the next thread a 5.5 is totally fine. I've had very short/unfinished threads, too, and I just note in the archive description that they're unfinished and carry on the next thread as a continuation. Besides, it'd be a shame to lose all the illustrations.

If you dislike how the things in this thread shook out, I'd say redo it. But if you're fine with it, just continue.

Thanks for the communication btw. I was getting a little worried.
>>
>>5986171
+1

>>5985792
My sentiments exactly, QM. Do what feels right for you, but save the illustrations at least.
>>
>>5986171
+1
>>
(Okay! Thread has been archived! Versequest 5.5 will be coming in the future! Once again, thank you anons for sticking with the quest and being so patient!)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.