[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Gensokyo.jpg (230 KB, 1280x987)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
Gensokyo, an isolated land of Fairy Tales. It is a place where faith is still very widespread in contrast to the Outside World, creating a shelter for many beings lost or forgotten. Sealed away by the vast Hakurei Barrier, many of its Human, Yokai, Spirit, Fairy, Divine, and others are in possession of a wide array of abilities derived from concept.

In spite of the many, many chaotic events that occur within its land, an overall peaceful place. This is thanks to the Spell Card Rules that allow the many turmoils, named "Incidents", to be resolved nonlethally by its inhabitants.

In this world, you are...

>The One that will Cause the Next Incident
>The One that will Solve the Next Incident
>One trying to Prepare for the Next Incident
>One trying to Flee the Next Incident
>One trying to Prevent Your Stuff from Being Damaged during the Next Incident
>Write-In()
>>
>>5957767
>>The One that will Cause the Next Incident
>>
>>5957767
>>The One that will Cause the Next Incident
Just when I was thinking about their being a lack of touhou quests.
>>
>>5957767
>The One that will Solve the Next Incident
Youkai stomper
>>
>The One that will Cause the Next Incident
>>
>>5957767
>One trying to Prevent Your Stuff from Being Damaged during the Next Incident
>>
It has been a fairly quite time recently, and you feel that something about that should change. Yes, you want to be one who will cause the next Incident of Gensokyo. You are a

>Human
>Yokai (Write-In Type)
>Write-In ()

named

>Katsumi
>Makoto
>Ren
>Write-In ()

and you will have your name known throughout Gensokyo! You are fairly sure that you will need a bit of support to truly get things off the ground, so you will approach your friend, a

>Human
>Yokai (Write-In Type)
>Write-In ()

named

>Masami
>Hikaru
>Kyou
>Write-In ()

to help you pull off this great plan. This incident shall echo across the land, and you will try to have it be known as

>Write-In ()

--------------------------

To help keep things a bit organized, here's an example vote:

>You: Human
>Your Name: Calvin
>Friend: Yokai (Tiger)
>Friend's Name: Hobbes
>Incident: The Noodle Incident
>>
>>5958170
>Human named Ren.
>Fox yokai named Kanahana.
>Operation Herbal healing.
>>
>>5958170
>You: Fairy
>Your Name: Katsumi
>Friend: Human
>Friend's Name: Masami
>Incident: The Great Hat Switcheroo
>>
>>5958194
+1
>>
>>5958194
Supporting
>>
File: Fairies.jpg (163 KB, 800x575)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
The Great Hat Switcheroo Incident! That's what it'll be! Maybe you can make it big enough that you'll make it past just Incident so they will only refer to it by its title...

You take flight to go meet up with Masami. While your abilities over

>Misplacement, allowing you to move things from where they were deliberately placed on top of something to somewhere else, like on top of a head,
>Pop, allowing you to warp around from place to place with a *Pop* where you last were
>Ambush, allowing you to be invisible to someone you are going after if they don't see you until you make an attack
>Write-In()

will be able to help you out greatly when you want to setup the incident, Masami's abilities

>as a Magician could create a ritual to drastically expand the area your power can work over at a cost of narrowing its targets to, say, where hats are
>as a Festival Organizer could help gather everyone in one place for rapid switches
>as an Oracle could predict when people would be the most open to have their hats heisted
>Write-In()

would help tremendously in making things even bigger and more likely to work! You may have to do a bit to convince her, but you're you and she's her. It's a guarantee to work out! Even if it may take awhile like it does sometimes...
>>
>>5958383
I was hoping we'd be a fairy

>Misplacement

Could fit into rhe changeling fairyfolklore also it is a properly "fairy" tier ability that just happens to be strong if the fairy has more brains than a dish sponge
>as a Magician could create a ritual to drastically expand the area your power can work over at a cost of narrowing its targets to, say, where hats are

Now the question is if they're a true magician like Alice (which are yokai not humans) or a Marissa wannabee
>>
>>5958383
>Misplacement, allowing you to move things from where they were deliberately placed on top of something to somewhere else, like on top of a head,
>as a Festival Organizer could help gather everyone in one place for rapid switches
A prank and a fest in one, it's perfect!
>>
>>5958383
>Pop, allowing you to warp around from place to place with a *Pop* where you last were
>as an Oracle could predict when people would be the most open to have their hats heisted
>>
>>5958437
If that one wins, since you did select Human, she'll be a high power magic user who has not used magic to transform herself from Human into an ageless Yokai made of magic.
>>
Listen guys, I have a perfect hat-switching plan.
>Put Remilia's hat on Reimu
>Put Yukari's hat on Sanae
>Put Marisa's hat on Suika
This drags the usual incident solvers into unrelated fights as a distraction
>Put Futo's hat on Nazrin
>Put Ichirin's hood on Seiga
Get the temples fighting
>Put Mystia's hat on Youmu
>Put Yuyuko's hat on Mystia
She's had it too good for too long
>Put Suwako's hat on Cirno
Take "the strongest" down a peg
>Put Okina's, Keiki's and Saki's hats on the Fairies of Light
Rival fairies must be crushed
>Swap Lily White's hat with Letty's
CRUSHED
It's genius and we're THE SMARTEST.
>>
And if we want this incident to be REALLY BIG, steal Koishi's hat
>>
>>5958997
>>5959006
The amount of hats you will have available to switch will depend upon how purist you are in regards to the Form and Function of what makes a Hat. Does Shinmyoumaru's bowl count? What about Reimu's bow?
Just something to think about for the future.
>>
>>5959015
... can we steal Reisen's ears?
>>
>>5958997
Also put Reimu’s ribbon on Mokou.
>>
>>5959116
Gensokyo tends to have its magic be conceptual. If you have a compatible concept and gain enough experience in pushing its limits? It's not out of the question.
It will quite hard, though. They are a trait of her species rather than something she is wearing, after all.
>>
>>5958383
Current vote status is

Your Ability
>Misplacement: 2
>Pop: 1
>Ambush: 0

Masami's Abilities
>Magician: 1
>Festival Organizer: 1
>Oracle: 1

Looks like we got a tie on one of the options. I'm needing to go to sleep right now, and if things don't change by morning, I'll use the roll dice function as a tiebreaker. If the "Your Ablity" vote also is tied at that time, I'll roll two dice.
>>
>>5958383
>>
As your plans start to form in your head, you see Masami's house on the outskirts of the Human Village coming into view. You easily spot the open window and dive through it, as usual when you come to meet with her. You even manage to land perfectly this time rather than running into a bookshelf. Clearly, the world is in favor of your idea!

"Oh! Hello Katsumi," she greets you with her usual elegant demeanor. "How are you today?" She starts to take a sip of her tea.

"I wanna cause an Incident! A big one!"

Masami does a spit take, coughing between her words as she asks, "What? No. Why? Huh? How? What?"

"We're gonna take everyone's hats and switch them around and make everyone get into fights because of that!"

She seems to have managed to somewhat regain her composure as you explained your genius plan. "Katsumi, what do you consider a hat?"

That's...a very good question. This is why you came to Masami! Now...what is a hat...

>A hat is a covering for the head, especially one with a shaped crown and brim.
>A hat is something you wear on your head made of cloth, leather, or a similar material.
>A hat is a thing you put on your head that has a similar shape to your head to keep it held on.
>A hat is anything placed on top of a person's head with intention to be worn.
>A hat is something you wear anywhere on your head made of cloth, leather, or a similar material.
>A hat is a thing on top of someone's head.
>A hat is anything you are wearing on your head.
>A hat is something you have on your head.
>Write-In()
>>
>>5959663

Seems the most fairy like answer to me
>>
>>5959663
>>A hat is anything you are wearing on your head.
>>
>>5959663
Steal ears! (But only animal ones)
Steal hair! (But only from the top)
Steal horns! (Bet Suika won't even notice)
>>
>>5959663
>A hat is something you wear anywhere on your head made of cloth, leather, or a similar material.
>>
File: Certainty.jpg (82 KB, 398x600)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
"A hat is a thing on top of someone's head!" you state with absolute confidence, unerring confidence in your voice. A broad smile breaks out on Masami's face as you say that, and you give an internal fist pump at cheering her up.

"That...that's technically correct," she says, shaking her head. "How exactly are you planning on...doing this?"

"I'll use abilities as the Fairy of Misplacement to make their hats misplaced to someone else! And with your future seeing thing, you can tell me when they're in the mindset to forget about their hats so my ability can work the best!" you say, explaining your genius plan. It has two big parts that you can use everywhere! Two!

Masami takes a few deep breaths to center herself in 'elegance' as she likes to do. "I'm not quite certain that would be the best idea..." she's saying.

No, you're losing her! You need something to help convince her to go along with it. Think, Katsumi, think. Wait! You could get her the hat of that person she was always talking about! Who was it...

>Remelia Scarlet. Something about her powers made her able to act differently than Masami's visions would suggest?
>Eirin Yagokoro. She apparently made something that stopped some futures from ever coming to pass or something?
>Reimu Hakurei. Somehow she's able to 'float' away past even the most unlikely of possibilities into entirely new ones?
>Watatsuki no Toyohime. Something about how she is so insanely lucky that certain possibilities never seem to happen?
>Ran Yakumo. She gets a look in her eye about fluffy tails for some reason?
>Mima. She's apparently very difficult to find, fading in and out?
>Write-In()
>>
>>5960159
>Watatsuki no Toyohime. Something about how she is so insanely lucky that certain possibilities never seem to happen?
I hate those shits on the moon.
>>
>>5960159
>>Reimu Hakurei. Somehow she's able to 'float' away past even the most unlikely of possibilities into entirely new ones?
>>
>>5960159
>Mima
I don't think anyone on Earth is supposed to know the Watatsukis exist, except for those who invaded tbe Moon
>>
>>5960159
>Reimu Hakurei. Somehow she's able to 'float' away past even the most unlikely of possibilities into entirely new ones?
>>
>>5960159
>Ran Yakumo. She gets a look in her eye about fluffy tails for some reason?

Lets fuck with the former Yakuza!
>>
Next update will be 7 PM EST tomorrow. Voting will close at 6 PM EST tomorrow.

>>5960320
Her knowledge would be a effect of her future sight allowing her to be aware of things that she normally couldn't. Just like with PC-98 canon's Mima who is also on the list, or how Koishi Komeji who is also a valid choice (though via write-in, as putting her there felt fitting)
>>
>>5960890
Wait, if that's how it works. Could we have snatched Zun's hat?
>>
>>5960896
No, because I find using real world people in a quest a bit awkward. Something always feels a bit off.
>>
>>5960941
Zun isn't real, he's an ideal. But in all seriousness, I get that, though I have seen one touhou doujin have him as the "Mad Hatter" but it was very tongue in cheek
>>
>>5960943
>I have seen one touhou doujin have him as the "Mad Hatter"
This one?
>>
>>5961307
Yes
>>
File: Hat.png (897 KB, 1280x720)
897 KB
897 KB PNG
That's right! "I could steal you Reimu Hakurei's hat!" you exclaim, to her utter shock. "You can figure out that whole floating thing she does!"

"What- You- I-" Masami is reduced to stammering by your generosity. "You want to swap my

>Red
>White
>Black
>Green
>Pink
>Orange
>Write-In()

>Ajirogasa
>Mob Cap
>Mushroom Hat
>Witch Hat
>Homburg
>Write-In()

with Reimu's...?"

"Yep!"

She went deep into thought at this, there was something that was clearly holding her back still. You racked your brain to try and figure it out, but fortunately, she would reveal what she was stuck on.

"What about you? Who will be getting your

>Blue
>Black
>White
>Purple
>Brown
>Silver
>Write-In()

>Ascot
>Cowboy
>Aviator
>Fez
>Tricorn
>Write-In()

hat? Hmm...?"

She's right! You forgot to figure out who you would be swapping with. You can't leave yourself out of the Great Hat Switcheroo! But who should it be...

>Lily White
>Suwako Moriya
>Clownpiece
>Utsuho Reiuji
>Nitori Kawashiro
>Write-In()

---------

(Would have broken up this vote across turns better, but I forgot to factor these things in then and they are suddenly quite relevant. Note that the hat color will also be a shorthand for the two's main color scheme. Make sure to include if your vote is for Katsumi (You) or Masami as part of your vote for the relevant pair of options.)
>>
>>5961523
>Masami: Pink Homburg
>Katsumi: Purple Ascot
Cirno may be the STRONGEST, but we are the SHARPEST (dresser).
>>
>>5961538
+1

And

>>Clownpiece

Gotta upstage that bitch from hell
>>
>>5961541
>Gotta upstage that bitch from hell
Forget that part of the vote. It does fit, both live at the Hakurei Shrine. Also I’m very happy I thought of that incident name, it’s the perfect mix of affecting everyone while not causing any real harm.
>>
>>5961523
I thought an ascot is something you wear on your neck?
>Pink Mushroom Hat
>Watermelon helmet
>Nitori Kawashiro
>>
>>5961576
It is also type of hat, also know as a coffey cap or Lippincott
>>
File: Ascot-Cap-4.jpg (32 KB, 600x600)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
Next update will be 7 PM EST tomorrow. Voting will close at 6 PM EST tomorrow.

>>5961547
It's kinda incredible how much variability in how hard the Incident can hit with that concept. On the one hand, can have lighthearted fun by swapping around some low powered people's hats and have there be minor fights around the place. On the other, you can swap the hats of Yukari and Okina, or you could end up taking Rumia's seal to see how canon Osana Reimu is. inb4 someone tries to create a plan to "Misplace" Death in regards to Reimu's mom from Osana to resurect her.

>>5961576
An Ascot's one of these. The difference between it and a Flat cap is that this type is a bit more rigid and uses slightly different materials.
>>
>>5962594
We're one dapper fairy.
>>
>>5962594
As I see it, Reimu is either going to figure this Incident out very quickly or it’s going to take her a long time. On one hand, hats getting swapped around is the kind of prank that a fairy would pull. One the other hand, Incidents usually have some bigger goal behind them, so if Reimu starts trying to figure out what the real intention of the mastermind is, she’s going to waste a lot of time looking for a deeper motive that doesn’t exist.
>>
>>5962776
If we swap Masami's hat straight onto Reimu, she'll figure it out quickly. We need to do a chain-swap with someone strong that Reimu hates.
>>
>>5962804
Either that, or we don’t swap Reimu right away. If some other people have their hats switched first, then Reimu’s ribbon getting switched with the hat of some random Oracle won’t stand out as much.
>>
>>5961538
>>5961541
+1
>>
File: FlyingFairyHug.png (597 KB, 960x818)
597 KB
597 KB PNG
"Clownpiece," you decide, nodding to yourself.

"Clownpiece?"

"Yep. She caused that minor incident with all the Fairies turning into stones by overloading our mana," you say. "If I wanna be the star of the next incident, I have to dethrone the last fairy to cause an incident."

"I'm not sure that's a rule...?" Masami muses.

"Well it will be now! I shall make a good enough incident that the next Fairy that wants to will have to beat me to do one!" you declare, full of confidence. "And with my name meaning beautiful victory, it is assured that mine will be the ultimate Fairy Incident! Maybe I can even cause another!"

Masami is quite for a few seconds, before getting a particular smile on her face. "Wouldn't that mean you'd have to defeat yourself?"

You go crosslegged and start to think. Yeah, she's right. You have to figure out a way to beat yourself if you want to cause another incident after this one. But how could you beat yourself? There's nothing you need to improve!

"Hmm...I suppose you'd have to fight your dream self in that odd place ruled by Dreamia," Masami mused, and you snap your head towards her.

"You're a genius!" you proclaim, leaping on her in a flying hug, causing her to let out a laugh, shaking her head as she does so.

"I guess we're doing this. Alright." she says, before taking a moment to clear her throat. "While thyself may be, there is but one problem mine intelligence cannot solve," she says, a haughtiness in her voice that sounds real but after all the times you've seen her do her Oracle thing, you know for certain its part of her act. "Who art you seeking to begineth with? Thine abilities can only purvey so many paths at once."

You let out a giggle that you can almost feel her roll her eyes for. Hmm...there's just so many people! Maybe you should figure out how many people you want to swap hats of in this first go? Like if you want to swap the hats of just two people or give one person's hat to another person who has their hat given to a third person who's hat the first person gets? Or maybe a longer switcheroo chain? You probably want to limit it to five for this first time. You are just starting out!

>Just Two for now!
>Three
>Four
>All out from the start! Five!
>>
>>5963292
5 is the best number, because that's the amount of fingers your hand has
Ever thought you needed more or less fingers? Exactly
>>
>>5963292
>Three
Consider: There have been three fairies who caused Incidents. Cirno (The Great Fairy Wars weren’t much of an Incident but we’ll count it), Clownpiece, and now us. As we are the third, three shall be the count a start with.
>>
>>5963292
We ball!
>>
>>5963412
+1
>>
File: QuickShop.png (280 KB, 720x720)
280 KB
280 KB PNG
Five! Of course it should be five! But which five should it be. There's so many people out there, but you need to narrow it down somehow. Hmm...you guess you'll go with whoever comes to mind first! That's sure to cause some chaos!

>Roll me five 1d227s. Each ID can only roll once. If the roll is invalid, then I will mention it is and the ID that made that roll can make a new one.
>>
Rolled 170 (1d227)

>>5964281
>>
Rolled 119 (1d227)

>>5964281
>>
Rolled 194 (1d227)

>>5964281
>>
Rolled 79 (1d227)

>>5964281
>>
Rolled 177 (1d227)

>>5964281
>>
File: SomehowNoneoftheAbove.png (238 KB, 727x296)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
>>5964286
Sannyo Komakusa

>>5964324
Byakuren Hijiri

>>5964332
Watatsuki no Yorihime

>>5964361
Suika Ibuki

>>5964372
Enoko Mitsugashira

Because of the answer "A hat is a thing on top of someone's head", Suika's horns and Enoko's ears count in addition to the bows of the Watatsuki sister and the gambling host.

Can't blame Katsumi for thinking small.

---------

You got it! You know exactly who you are going to be going after for this first wave of the incident! Oh, but you still have to figure out just one more thing. Who will get who's hat?

-----

(If two get the same person's hat, then I'll roll a 1d2 as a tiebreaker, the other person getting the hat that was missing from the rotation.)

Sannyo Komakusa will get
>Byakuren Hijiri's hat
>Watatsuki no Yorihime's "hat".
>Suika Ibuki's "hat".
>Enoko Mitsugashira's "hat".

Byakuren Hijiri will get
>Sannyo Komakusa's "hat".
>Suika Ibuki's "hat".

Watatsuki no Yorihime will get
>Byakuren Hijiris hat
>Suika Ibuki's "hat".

Suika Ibuki will get
>Byakuren Hijiris hat

Enoko Mitsugashira will get
>Byakuren Hijiris hat
>Suika Ibuki's "hat".
>>
>>5964438
Sannyo
>Byakuren Hijiri's hat
Byak
Wat
>Suika Ibuki's "hat".
Sui
Eno
>>
>>5964585
Agreed
>>
>>5964585
No reason why not
>>
>>5964585
Seems fine.
>>
>>5964585
+1
>>
>>5964585
Slight issue with this. You made a loop of 2 and a loop of 3, but you voted for a chain of 5 for the first wave. Apologies if this wasn't clear enough.
>>
>>5965458
Let's try this then.

Sannyo Komakusa will get
>Byakuren Hijiri's hat

Byakuren Hijiri will get

Watatsuki no Yorihime will get
>Suika Ibuki's "hat".

Suika Ibuki will get

Enoko Mitsugashira will get
>>
>>5966982
+1
>>
Will be trying to get an update out tomorrow. Life left me incredibly busy recently.
>>
>>5972692
Curse's been getting to you, huh? Well glad to see this is still alive and you haven't passed over to Gensokyo, chief
>>
File: 1711755243676928.png (210 KB, 720x720)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
>Sannyo Komakusa will get Byakuren Hijiri's hat
>Byakuren Hijiri will get Watatsuki no Yorihime's "hat".
>Watatsuki no Yorihime will get Suika Ibuki's "hat".
>Suika Ibuki will get Enoko Mitsugashira's "hat".
>Enoko Mitsugashira will get Sannyo Komakusa's "hat".

You manage to devise a genius order for your first switcheroo! Though, you'll admit that it will be a bit of a hard one. You do need to figure out how to Misplace the hats of Suika Ibuki and Enoko Mitsugashira after all! But you are the smartest fairy named Beautiful Victory! You won't be stopped in figuring it out!

But you do need a bit of time to figure that out, and that time could be spent getting the other hats while you figure that out. Twice the victory in the same time! But who should you ask Masami about going after first?

>Sannyo Komakusa
>Byakuren Hijiri
>Watatsuki no Yorihime
>>
>>5973275
>Byakuren Hijiri

Also may wanna drop a shout on /qst/ to announce your return
>>
>>5973275
>Byakuren Hijiri
As a Buddhist she's the least likely to immediately go KKHTA mode.
>>
>>5973275
>Watatsuki no Yorihime
Byakuren has no hat, therefore we must start by giving her one.
>>
>>5973702
She wears a straw hat sometimes, actually
>>
>>5973748
Occasionally, yes, but most of the time she is depicted as unhatted.
>>
>>5973853
We'll take her hair then, we did define 'hat' as 'A thing on top of someone's head', & we're already taking horns which are usually made out of the same stuff as hair (i.e. keratin)
>>
File: InternalReaction.png (245 KB, 576x494)
245 KB
245 KB PNG
"We will go after Byakuren Hijiri first!" you proudly declare.

Masami freezes as you finally declare your first target, the cup of tea she was about to take another sip from just barely pressed to her lips. Slowly setting it down, she asks, "Uh, could you say that again?"

"Byakuren Hijiri! Hers will be the first hat that we will take!"

"Byakuren Hijiri?"

"Yep!"

"The Head Priest of the Myouren Temple, Byakuren Hijiri?"

"Yep!"

"...is she really the best one to start with?"

You hum for a second. "Well, we could go after Watatsuki no Yorihime as the first one..."

"Byakuren it is," Masami says quickly. "How, uh, do you plan on breaking into the Temple? I'd be bad for me to give you a time that would be good for a sneakier approach when you want to charge right in."

She's right! Once again, you are reminded why you came to her! Her Super Genius self always comes up with things your Genius self overlooks! Now...how do you want to do this first part of the Switcheroo...

>Openly Charging In
>Sneak on In
>Ambush when she is out and about
>Write-In ()
>>
>>5974744
>Sneak on In
If everyone sees us switching hats around, we’ll get stopped sooner. Therefore, we must remain unnoticed for as long as possible!
>>
>>5974744
>Sneak in
>>
>>5974744
>Sneak on In
Sneaky breeki like.
>>
>>5974744
>Sneak on In
>>
>>5974744
>recruit some rubes....I mean lesser fairies to act as prospective converts, so we can sneak in
>>
>>5975033
+1
>>
It looks like the vote is for sneaking in. I need three different anons to each roll me a 1d100 to determine how hard the mission is. 0 is Below Easy, 100 is Above Lunatic. Lowest of three wins.
>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

>>5975749
We da sneakiest
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>5975749
We are a tiny fairy thing how hard can it be?
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>5975749
Cmon lunatic temple
>>
Congratulations! You have rolled [Lunatic] difficulty for the first mission.

I'll try to get Masami's reaction to this out tomorrow, as it is a bit late here.
>>
>>5975823
https://youtu.be/Kc8GNaED3Ok

Nice
>>
>>5975749
>0
>On a d100
>BakaGM
>>
>>5976099
I'm assuming some missions will have modifiers that make it easier and or harder. Honestly the fact we got a lunatic difficulty mission in a dc system that encourages lower difficulty missions is insane though.
>>
>>5976138
It seems the universe finds hat switching an abhorrent affront.
>>
>>5976450
Zun has been enraged
>>
>>5975823
Minor update: Work decided to go crazy, ended up needing to work through the weekend to handle something. Updates will be slightly delayed until this mess clears up. Absolute latest date for the next update will be the 19th but I think things will clear up before the 17th.
>>
>>5977043
Good luck with your work, QM. See you then.
>>
File: MasamisVision.png (533 KB, 960x837)
533 KB
533 KB PNG
"I think being sneaky would be the best," you declare to Masami's relief. "The longer it takes for people to catch on, the more hats can be swapped!"

She sighs, a light smile somewhat returning to her face as she once more recognizes you won't be dissuaded. She pulls herself into a meditative stance and starts to concentrate. You sit down and wait, rocking back and forth as you do so as minutes go by. It takes a long time. Like, a really long time. Its not just your excitement for doing the plan, you're pretty sure. You about stand up to pull her out of her trance when her eyes snap open.

"So...what do I need to do?" you ask.

Masami slowly turns her head to face you, her jaw slightly opening as her eyes are full of shock. You poke her chin to close her mouth, only for it to fall back open. You do it again, her jaw drops. You do it again, and that time she manages to shake her head.

"Wow. Just...wow..." Masami mutters. "That is...I have no idea...so hard..."

You sit there patiently.

"It's...the two options...its insane..."

You quirk your head.

"You have to go into the innermost sanctum for the attempts to succeed if you want to sneak it out!"

"Okay. How do I do that?"

Masami gives you a strange look. She goes into a meditation for a second, before coming out of it quickly. Sighing, she says, "There's two options..."

>"At the highest point of the day, they'll be busy preparing for a festival..."
>"During the darkest hours of the night, the festival will be reaching its climax..."
>>
>>5982028
>"During the darkest hours of the night, the festival will be reaching its climax..."
>>
>>5982028
Devious deeds done in dark
>>
>>5982028
They'll all be drunk then
>>
>>5982028
>>"During the darkest hours of the night, the festival will be reaching its climax..."
>>
>>5982028
During a festival seems like a good time for a fairy to go unnoticed.
>>
Give me three rolls of a d100, one per anon, for the first phase of your sneaking in. The Higher the Roll, the better. Because you rolled in the Lunatic/Beyond Lunatic difficulty level bracket, the lowest roll will be the one used.
>>
Rolled 48 (1d100)

>>5982906
Nat 1 inbound
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>5982906
Shid
>>
Rolled 68 (1d100)

>>5982906
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.01 MB, 1125x1350)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>>5982908
>>5982950
>>5983044
Lunatic Difficulty Result: 14

------------

The festival is comparatively loud outside compared to the quiet of the areas of the temple you were sneaking into. You slip in through the area that Masami had mentioned was a tiny opening to slip into the Myouren Temple. You manage to get into the building pretty fast, through a window no one would be going past.

Carefully, you make your way deeper into the building, when you notice something. A small mouse that scurries away when you catch sight of it. You almost put it out of your mind when you remember.

Masami warned you about the mice. That you would need to Misplace the ones you saw to disorient them. And you didn't Misplace that one.

You try to hurry up, but when you try to cross an intersecting hallway, you hear a voice to your right. "What are you doing here?" And when you look over, you see why Masami warned you about the mice. There's a mouse yokai right there.

>Fight
>Flee
>Freeze
>Talk (Write-In, Better the Dialogue the easier the roll)
>>
>>5984552
>Talk (Some mysterious lady from the festival with weird wings told you to come here to find your fortune.)
Blame Nue
>>
>>5984552

>Talk (Write-In, Better the Dialogue the easier the roll)

"SNEAK ATTACK!"

>Fight
>>
>>5984561
Support
>>
>>5984552
>>Talk (Some mysterious lady from the festival with weird wings told you to come here to find your fortune.)
>Blame Nue
>>
>>5984561
+1
>>
>>5984561
This.
>>
So, you are blaming Nue for directing you here. Hmm...

Give me three rolls of a d100, one per anon. The average of the three rolls will be the result we go with.
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>5985450
Liar liar pants on fire
>>
Rolled 69 (1d100)

>>5985450
>>
>>5985455
Nice
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>5985450
>>
>53 + 69 + 97 = 219/3 = 73
Not bad.
>>
Update will come out tomorrow. Ended up being pretty busy the past couple days.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.