[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Players.jpg (572 KB, 1041x2552)
572 KB
572 KB JPG
Welcome into the stone-ice age of a far away unnamed star. After evolving in The Crack, the species known as Under Hunter reached Sapience and organized in tribes.
7 remains :
The fire-mastering Blanks of GrassGreen
The Assassin-tamers of Holey Moley Ghostclaw
The StrongHunters feodal lords of BurningGrass
The Tzeench-touch blanks of Jupiter
The Merchants of BadBack
The Lunar Dahu and Stove Grove farmers of Whitemane
The elusive trapmaker and History-recorders of Cerulean

The fourth matriarch have reach the end of their life expectancy.
For those of you which held a tribe's fate in your claw...
>How should your tribe develop? (don't forget to claim a name and a trip)

Interrested in joining? No spots yet for tribe. But you can still claim a name including "Lurker" and a trip if you want to interract with the game as events.

Pastebin : https://pastebin.com/LLBm1mjj
Last thread : https://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/2024/5917974/
>>
They don't call me Prideful for nothing. More Dahu breeding! Strongest and Biggest with the friendliest and most clever! War Dahu, Whitemane Dahu, mount of my Under-Hunter Shepherds!
>>
also in the Pastebin, my tribe doesn't have listed that we know how Dahu Breed... (also our farming bonus was +2 not +1)
>>
>>5958470
Nice

>Ghost Claw Tribe Advancement so far : Assassins-like tribe prefer night opportunism over natural matriarch ritual duels and natural hunts, cave nest, using rocks/shaping rocks (Rounder rocks for Bludgeoning, oblong rocks sharpened into Piercing points, flat rocks faceted into edges) + synergized with Shape Ice, turns the projectile into ice blades, boulder or points, Observation behavior, Subjugation, Tamed Holey Moleys, Meditation, Ethereal Spy - Grants your tribe +5 to replicate one research from another non-blank tribes, Agriculture (Fire Ferns), Holey Moley Metal Claws, Primitive Tombs, Spirituality
>Ghost Claw Tribe Failed Advancement : Snow Shade Spell, Stonecarving

>Development : Stone Totems
The 5th matriarch of the Ghost Claw tribe, its inspired by the dead spirits of the fallen tribesmens and her mother to do more for them and to understand more the spirits realm. How to do so ? By making faces of them on rocks ! So they shall create and shape from great rocks, the spirits faces, this rocks will be placed inside the tribe nests. The spirits faces will be five :

- At the top there will be the great matriarch of the Ghost Claw tribe spirit, the mother of the mother of her mother, the powerful, wise and silent matriarch.
- In the second spot there will be the face of the Holey Moley spirit, companions loyal and true, hardworking and good. Friends of the Ghost Claws that aid them in work.
- In the third spot there will be the face of the fearsome Glacier Drifter spirit, powerful animals both in mind and body. They are strong and a force of nature made of pure ice.
- In the fourth spot there is the plant face of the Fire Fern. Tasty and good, this plant feeds the tribe. It is kind and just, we and the Holey Moley take care of it and it feeds us in exchange.
- In the last spot there will be the face of the Dahu spirit, good preys, good to devour, food. A fast and agile prey, a reminder for a tribesman to learn this traits for have a successful ambush-hunt.

>GhostClaw : Write-in your tribe's budding belief system!
- For the Ghost Claw tribe, Ice is a pure natural force against all evil and it allows for the spirits of the dead to leave their bodies and go in the great dark ice land of above. From there they will watch over the tribe and ensure they are safe, while they do this they live in the great dark ice land hunting the dead animal spirits and eating the dead plants spirits. One day they might return ready to aid the tribe, until then we must honor and mourn them for what they did for us.
>>
>>5958470
Look for new food sources, start stockpiling everything we can and try and figure a way to eat it. Also try and get our numbers up.
>>
>>5958470
Go back to improving melee weaponry relying on the knowledge gathered by fighting other underhunters to create better weapons incorporating sharp stones into ice weapons to reduce the strain used to create and maintain ice weapons
>>
>>5958470

> On the nature of Vassals
Vassals are taught many of our ways, of nest building and trap construction and the cleverness of our tactics. Only the vassal most in favor is allowed use of the nests of the the tribe, competition for favor is expected and encouraged. The secrets of fire remain ours alone, a mark of our superiority and fierce nature.

> Ivy Fatty Relocation/Domestication
A brave pilgrim has returned with something strange and new! A squirming sticky creature who munches on rock ivy and waddles up walls until it grows so fat it falls off! Its use as food is obvious of course, but elders of the tribe can't help but wonder if the sticky ooze it secretes might be useful as well.
>>
>>5958470
>Cave Peace Meetings: the Cerulean and Lilac tribe has existed from quite some time. Daughters of previous generations must have left the tribe to found their own. When meeting such tribes, a meeting in the Hidden Gardens is organised. The tribes eat a meal together and then can start their ritualistic fight or hunts.
>>
>>5958470
>Food cellars

With the increase of food from its vassal the tribe finds it has too much for them to consume before it goes bad so the matriarch draws inspiration from her predecessor. The matriarch has rooms built under the nursery Keeps and has excess food stored in them. To make sure the food lasts longer the matriarch has some tribe members use their cyromancy to freeze the food
>>
>>5958470
>Lurk
>>
>>5958470
Interrested in joining? No spots yet for tribe. But you can still claim a name including "Lurker" and a trip if you want to interract with the game as events.

isn't the icey one or whatever they called themselves open?
>>
>>5959461
I won't let someone play 10 turn to catch up at this point.
>>
>>5958505
>Whitemane : Dahu Selective Breeding Program
1d100 +2 from Farmer. By the way are you guys aware that the Dahu is a real French Myth?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dahu

>>5958521
>Ghostclaw : Stone Totem
1d100

>>5958584
Jupiter : Food stockpile and storage
1d100 and 1d20. DC is 60 as you divert your focus

>>5958601
>BadBack : Melee
1d100

>>5958654
>Ivy Fatty Relocation/Domestication
1d100

>>5958714
Cerulan : Cave Peace Meetings
1d100

>>5958834
BurningGrass : Food Cellar
1d100

>Lurkers :
Some wild packs lurk in the shadow. But their actions might impact the other tribes.
You can make one Write-in, that will impact positively or negatively one tribe. You can wait after they roll to write-in.
Examples : "A wild pack hunting at the fringe of Whitemane's territory lead to a lack of prey for Glacier Drifter, which now hunt closer to Whitemane's tribe" (Negative)
"A wild pack, impressed by BurningGrass' might, decide to settle down and consider joining as a new Vassal (Positive)"
>>
Rolled 85 + 2 (1d100 + 2)

>>5959607
*smooch* big money
>>
>>5959607
That explains why Dahu have the weird ability to make one pair of legs shorter than the other
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>5959607
>>
So if the breeding program goes well and I get War Dahu, do I still need to wait till next turn till I get to roll for Dahu Mounts?
>>
File: giphy.gif (2.57 MB, 500x281)
2.57 MB
2.57 MB GIF
>>5959617
>>
>>5959617
I have pleased the Gods.

My Sons of the True Warmaster have brought the blessings of RNGesus ipon my head
>>
>>5959607
>Lurker Vote: In their digging, Ghostclaw encounter a vein of stone too hard to dig by Holey Moley or their current tools.
>>
>>5959665
Is this something Positive or something Negative?
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>5959607
C'mere you little buggers, I need to use you to stick things together.
>>
>>5959668
For now it obstructs their digging, but like any challenge it should present opportunities (ex. if they figure out how to harness the material they would have something stronger to work with than their current tools, or maybe they'll be inspired to explore another useful technology to continue the digging or if they figure out how to dig in it maybe they'll have a superior fortress if the age of Holey Moley siege warfare ever comes.)
>>
Rolled 95 + 1 (1d100 + 1)

>>5959607
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>5959693
ingnore the +1 I tried to dice+1d100+1d20 and it didnt work
>>
>>5959693
Damn. We all rolling high today
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>5959607
Yayayayayaya
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>5959607
>>
Rolled 69 (1d100)

>>5959607
>>
>>5959617
Congrats!
>>
>>5959840
Thanks. I do wonder how that will impact my tribe.

Maybe skip steaight through sharp stone fragments into creating entire weapons from stone using ice powers to shape and mold them with water.

That could be cool
>>
>>5959617
Alright Badback. With that 100, you are getting something culturally-defining.
So answer me this :
>What will be Badback's tribe weapon of predilection, of great cultural significance?
Based on your answer, you will get different GETS. I charted reward in my head for Bow, Flail and Sword, but I'll take whatever you want.
>>
>>5959933
I will take the bow. Steike from distance is pretty great i think
>>
File: tegaki.png (7 KB, 400x400)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>5959682
>>5959754
Ghostclaw or Breathless, I'm working on the update. The tribe stumbled upon Everstone, a rock harder than Metal. This will be culturally significant for your clan. How should it look like? Both of you can chime in, I'm thinking black rock sparckled with white spots, taking any input to reconsider (Like Jade like cristal, or anything really)
>>
File: EverstoneTotem.jpg (81 KB, 861x861)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>Whitemane : Dahu Selective Breeding Program
87 : After the sad episode of collapsing, the bigger, stronger and calmer Dahu are sent to graze together, resulting in selective breeding of Dahuot.
Of course, this won't instantly yield results, but right now, the child hunters can mount the stronger Dahu, becoming too heavy around sexual maturity.
The selective breeding will continue over time, until the adult can mount the mountain walkers.

>Ghostclaw : Stone Totem
>In their digging, Ghostclaw encounter a vein of stone too hard to dig by Holey Moley or their current tools.
This result in a -10 for your attempt, but with latter opportunities.
>51-10 : Success!
The totem is painstakingly created using shards of said hard stone, obtained through relentless effort using the Holey Moley claws and rock tools.
The carved stone, really durable, cements the Animist belief system of the tribe.

>>5958584
Jupiter : Food stockpile and storage
1d100 and 1d20. DC is 60 as you divert your focus

>>5958601
>BadBack : Weapons development
Using layers of shells of Ivy Fattys maintained together with said Fatty adhesive, the BadBack tribe invented a lethal weapon : the Bow.
Rope made of Fourbeak's sinew, arrows a combination of Shape Ice and Ice Shards, this turn the Merchant tribe in the deadliest Hunter - for now.
>100 on weapon roll : +10 in fight using said bows (Superscede the actual +2 from Ice Weapons)
>Bows are durable, require little maintenance and are handed down in the tribe - sometime sold, sometime given.
Soon, all the most proficient tribe member have their own bow. This weapon is soonly turning into a tool of its own.
>+10 to future development involving bow use one way or the other (think about non-lethal applications.)

>>5958654
>GrassGreen : Ivy Fatty Relocation/Domestication
35 :
A pilgrim bringed back a few Ivy Fatty, found in the crack's rim. However, the mollusks died of hunger : the grazer need an absurd amount of plant to thrive.
This bring the GrassGreen tribe's young matriarch a twin insight : maybe you could grow a food source for the Fatty? Or maybe you could get some Vassals over the Crack pilgrimage site to raise them for you?
(Any of those 2 options grant you a +5 at your next roll)

>>5958714
Cerulan : Cave Peace Meetings
69 :
In the coldest parts of the Crack, ancient Hunter Rituals are restored. The Bipedal tribe is highy respected by the quadrupedal hunters.
>Interractions with Wild Packs in your Hex and the surrounding ones are DC 40. Two hex away : 45

>>5958834
BurningGrass : Food Cellar
Failure :
The damn crawlers keep eating at your stockpile, not deterred the slightest by the frozen aspect of the goods. They always find a way to slip through so far.

>Players, How should your tribe evolve?
>>
>Jupiter : Earthenware
The Tzeench-blank tribe stumble, on the top of the crack, on a weird snow-rock : made of small rock flakes, it flows like water when dry, turns into a sticky paste when wet.
Soft rock intrigate the tribe. Dorsal Pouch are filled, and brought back to the vertical shelters. There, some is clumsily dropped into Bright Moss, reacting quickly and hotly.
The snow-rock transformed into a hard yet brittle earthenware.
The smarter hunters immediately understand, and start shaping pots and kiln - said pots are useful to fetch more snow-rock.
You're pretty sure they would be of greater interest to your friends of the Badback tribe.
All in all the Earthenware improves drastically the daily life of the Jupiter tribe, which slightly grows over those hundred of days.

(Sorry, my test editor ate your part of the update)
>>
>>5960386
I am going to take this as the Pongos capitalizing on the success of new crafts.

Just for my own reference, I'm going to dump some info on the Jupiter tribe.

>God mandate number 1 : Secure long-term food solution
>God mandate number 2 : turn the Hamlet in a Village
>God mandate number 3 : find a way to travel without taking all the tribe out of the Hamlet.
Modifiers:
+10 stealth (Deception/blanks)
+7 on vertical fights
+5 intellect
Developments:
Pictograms + Signposts
Earthenware
Nocturnal
Infrastructure:
Territory-wide trails + hidden bunkers
Shitty hamlet

Having seen and wondered over the distant mountains to the west, and now being nocturnal and feeling at home under the stars, I want to try and investigate our basic warp travel abilities, and attempt for our most talented blanks to search far lands for new foods. Maybe take a pot to fill if they can make it there and back?
>>
>>5960382
A strange concept starts to take root in the minds of the GrassGreen matriarch, Specialization. The tribe does not need to master everything itself, and perhaps there is power in that.

> The vassal nearest the Crack is given a mandate to Domesticate the Ivy Fatty.

A long, far fetched dream lingers in the mind of the Matriarch. A vassal to provide animals. A vassal to make things. A vassal to gather plants. Tied to each other by trade and by her tribe of fire wielding warriors. But first a vassal to master the Ivy Fatty.
>>
>>5960382
It will take time, but War-Dahu will one day be the pride of the Star Ziggurats. Until then, we must toughen up our future knights! We shall take Dahu plate, bore small holes in the edge of the plates and draw liana cords through them so they can stick to our Warrior’s body. A plate on the chest, one on the back. One on the face, with 5 additional boreholes in the middle for our eyes and nose horn.
>>
>>5960417
Fuck I misread
Will re-update for you - disregard >>5960386
>>
So my tribe will keep trying to mount Dahu until we get to the generation that can actually use them as cavalry. It will take multiple generations but it’s inevitable
>>
>>5960382
>Ties of Blood: the Cerulean and Lilac tribe try to marry some of her sons to peacefull tribes nerby. ( the goal here is to spread the bipedal gene)
>>
>>5960382
Seeing the need for more and more Ivy Fatty components and bigger ones to create bigger bows the Matriarch decrees that those creatures are to be collected and fed a steady diet of vegetables from the glass houses so they grow larger.

With this they shall be able to harvest more meat from the Fattys as well as better components for bows
>>
File: JupiterInsight.jpg (56 KB, 861x861)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>5960417
>>5960445

>Jupiter : Stockpile
The Jupiter tribe capitalize on its new Earthenware and start bringing them for hunt, turning into the first Foragers of the planet.
Two food are especially liked by the tribe : the red berry of some Rock Ivy and Moss crawlers - earthenware keeping them is layered in water, left to freeze, too slippery for the Milk-exsuder to get out.

For my blattant act of QMFaggotry, get a twin Insight : The Stockpile of either of those is good. But maybe you could take it further?

Now, you can amend your last vote with that insight, or don't.
>>
>>5960454
Yes. You will have to let biology run its course (and can also select your tribemates for smaller, nimbler jockeys if you want to).
Poll me on the subjet on next turns if I forget to update you.
>>
>>5960382
>Stone containers
if the crawlers keep eating through the ice we simply need to make something they can't get through.
>>
>>5960288
I like it with that color. Crystal like.

>>5960382
Love the totem

>Ghost Claw Tribe Advancement so far : Assassins-like tribe prefer night opportunism over natural matriarch ritual duels and natural hunts, cave nest, using rocks/shaping rocks (Rounder rocks for Bludgeoning, oblong rocks sharpened into Piercing points, flat rocks faceted into edges) + synergized with Shape Ice, turns the projectile into ice blades, boulder or points, Observation behavior, Subjugation, Tamed Holey Moleys, Meditation, Ethereal Spy - Grants your tribe +5 to replicate one research from another non-blank tribes, Agriculture (Fire Ferns), Holey Moley Metal Claws, Primitive Tombs, Spirituality, Everstone Totem (5 spirits)
>Ghost Claw Tribe Failed Advancement : Snow Shade Spell, Stonecarving

>Development : Primitive Painting
The fifth matriarch and the tribe after being satisfied with the new progress in understanding the dark land above and the spirits, decides to relax somewhat while they keep doing their hunts and agriculture. Its one messy Underhunter tribesmember that with an hand dirty by a prey-food Dahu blood, first does it, leaving on the stone of the cavern the sign of his hand. Soon others join trying to do the same, or different things, while using something else other than prey-blood that the tribe youngsters often lick if hungry.
>>
>>5960288
While I like your star studded idol, it was Ghostclaw's victory, so I'm deferring to them

>>5960382
>Lurker Vote? (not sure if you're looking for a meddling vote each round, or only some rounds) - A frigid cutting wind howls from the north into the lands of the BadBack, carrying something that tinges the snows red. This reduces the available prey and harms unprotected flora. What is meant by this red winter? (primarily negative but tinged with foreshadowing and pushing adaptation).
>>
>>5960846
I'll take the Lurker Vote as you seem to be the only one.
>>
>>5960527
>Take it further
Could we get some fermentation going? Maybe we have a bountiful harvest of Ivy berries and some start to decompose into juice and develops some alcohol? Also you mentioned the Moss Crawlers have milk? could i get some more info on that?

Still want to explore warp travel, but if it would help to delay it I'm fine with that.
>>
>>5960846
Blood..... blood on the wind. Whatever is bleeding must be massive.

It must have huge guts. It will feed us well if we can hunt it.

Also i am glad to have invested in Greenhouses early
>>
>>5961108
>Moss Crawlers milk
The moss crawler sweat a thick, white, nutrient-heavy substance. This is a delight for everything in the Crack - but alas for the Crawlers, they can be sucked dry.
>>
I think I've got everything. You know the drill.
>All player roll 1d100
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

>>5961259
okay
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>5961259
>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>5961259
Dice guide me!
>>
>>5961298
I mean for scaley ungulate anti-pounce plates tied with a liana with no knot making culture or adhesive it’s pretty good.
>>
Rolled 80 (1d100)

>>5961259
>>
Rolled 96 (1d100)

>>5961259
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>5961259
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>5961259
>>
>>5961458
>>5961455
>>5961347
>>5961335
>>5961298
>>5961286
>>5961270

these Dice are fucking rigged today...... what the hell.
>>
>>5961461

Yeah, but you know the other shoe is coming. Prepare now, the red snow is coming.
>>
>>5961491
Yeah. Food preservation is probably next on my priority list
>>
File: RedMist.png (177 KB, 861x861)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
>GrassGreen : mandated Vassals
A long, far fetched dream lingers in the mind of the Matriarch.
A vassal to provide animals.
A vassal to make things.
A vassal to gather plants. Tied to each other by trade and by her tribe of fire wielding warriors. But first a vassal to master the Ivy Fatty.
>80
The concept of task separation among Vassals is discussed with every one of them on the frequent contacts of the tribes and its Vassals.
The vassal pack soon turn into specialists of the Ivy Fatty and its Rock Ivy food. They will be known as the IvyVassals for the future.

>Whitemane : Dahu Plate Armor
The Whitemane tribe binds together the plates of Lunar Dahu together, into Plate Armor.
It suffers from a lack of good binding options, but still offers good protection.
>66 : the plate Armor offers +2 in fight rolls.

>Cerulean : Ties of Blood
After restoring the peace of the Dominance Ritual, your tribe use their strength and said ritual to trade with wild packs and spread bipedal testicles and eggs.
>95
This works exceedingly well : you turned the nearby pack into sub-tribes of your own.
Your matriarch now reigns over an extended family of equal members - the family is split in 7 groups, with the matriarch's own in the center.
Your tribe is easily the more numerous, with secret tunnels sprawling more and more, hidden garden flourishing as well as round nests.

>BadBack : Cattle Fatty
Necessary ressource for the mighty Bow, the Badback tribe decided to raise their own fatties.
The biggest, slowest, calmest are captured and set aside, fed with the glasshouse's Ivy.
>97 : Creating own sub-species of big and subservient Fatties, liking to stay idle and eat.
This works extremely well. In a few generation, you will have created the Cattle Fatty species - docile, mindless, efficient ivy-meat converter.
>>
File: Thread3Opener.png (521 KB, 600x400)
521 KB
521 KB PNG
>BurningGrass : Stone Containers
Using their strong claws, the BurningGrass castle lords invented a new way to work with stone.
>95
This is the creation of storing coffers, as well as tableware and furniture - improving quality of life of the BurningGrass tribe
>What kind of furniture and tableware have you developped? Go wild in the tribe-defining cultural feature! Example : Stone slab table with half-sphere carved bowls
The tithe of Hunters have been especially good - the castle life is alluring to say the least.

>Jupiter : Fermentation
>96+insight : over 100!
The Jupiter tribe made 2 discoveries : Berry Wine and Crawler Cheese.
First was accidentally discovered by a male, enjoying to crush berries in a slurry. Other Hunter liked to steal his pulp, so he took the habit to sleep coiled around the jar.
Isolated from the cold, the berry temperature rise enough to jumpstart the fermentation process - releasing even more heat. This alcoholic berry wine is well-liked by most of the Under Hunters.
Soon, crawler stomach are used as miniature earthenware, portion-sized for wine.
A hunter filled it with milk for its youngling, and forgot it in her pouch. A couple day later, it solidified in a sweet, creamy treat.

>GhostClaw : Primitive painting
>60
Best material seems to be the black Ichor of the Under Hunter. Your tribe created the painting displayed in picrel.

>Ominous red mist
The mist is only menacing Badback's tribe - for now. Wilting ivy growing in the crack. Luckily, with no effect on the one protected by the Glasshouses. It is concerningly growing, covering your whole territory in a crimson haze.
>>
File: Hexmap.png (160 KB, 861x861)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
>Ominous red mist
The mist is only menacing Badback's tribe - for now. Wilting ivy growing in the crack. Luckily, with no effect on the one protected by the Glasshouses. It is concerningly growing, covering your whole territory in a crimson haze.

>Lurker vote : the haze grows in a strange way. Which tribe are affected? (see map in picrel) - all of them is a valid option. Chose at least one more.
Crosshatch does not matter. I don't want to spend 1hour editing them out though.
>>
A/N : does anyone wants to submit a tribe member to Wifey/Husbando turnament?
>>
>>5963220
A strange request. I guess I could nominate my tribe? A knight in full Dahu scale plate? With the full 5 hole plate mask. It’s how I envision them usually looking like
>>
>>5963203
> Define the BoneVassals, crafters of armor
The place of the first vassal affirmed, the tribe turns to the next task it has in mind, the creation of bone armors. Fatty glue, Dahu bones, strands of ivy and shed fur will hopefully come together to make primitive armor. The IvyVassals, the BoneVassals, and one more...
>>
>>5963220
I submit the allmother, the first one to venture out of the crack
>>
>>5963205
It’s time we caught up a bit with the rest of the stone agers. If we smack rocks we make sharper rocks. The same can be done to Dahu horns. We’ll tie sharpened Dahu horns to Dahu bones using a Liana and make the Dahu Sickle.
>>
>>5963283
It’s fire resistant and comfortable to wield(because no splinters), that’s what makes it different from a stone tied to a stick
>>
>>5963205
>style
The tribe develops a certain style of stonemasonry. where the things they make are made from a single block of stone and they use their claws to make flowing naturalist patterns into the stone and then use cyromancy to fill those groves with ice adding colour. instead of coming off the lids have a handle which the tribe use their enhanced strength to slide it into a grove.

>furniture
the tribe makes massive round tables with bench-like seats connected to them. with an area underneath for the younglings to eat. the table has half-sphere carved bowls.

>Tableware
the tribe makes a stone gauntlet with long thin nails to stab meat and bring it to their mouths without getting their claws dirty. the gauntlet also has a half-sphere shape in the palm which the underhunters use like a spoon.

> Next turn action: Stone and ice armour
seeing the success that the carvers of the tribe had the matriarch wonders if she can use their skill for a more... practical purpose. she has them carve thick stone plates which are then frozen to keep them together. after that wearer puts as many layers of clear ice as they want over the thick slabs for additional protection.
>>
>>5963215
Lurker Vote: I actually was planning on giving BadBacks an option to make sacrifices to send the red storm somewhere else next. Barring that, I vote for the storm to travel counter-clockwise around the map. In this case it would be the blue tribe (the Ceruleans?).

My original plan though was for a bloodletter with 7 hounds to walk out of the storm and offer 3 options to these arms-merchants:
1. Brass for Blood - This agent of Khorne will teach the BadBack the secret of Brass if they ritually slaughter 8 of the Jupiter in the name of Khorne and build a skull shrine with the heads of the fallen. If they accept, the task must be completed within 8 turns. Success = +tech and knowledge of some metal deposits. Failure = Be marked as Oathbreakers (not good for a merchant house) and suffer the Wrath of Khorne.
2. Glorious Battle - Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for the Skull throne. Fight me. (default if no other deals are reached).
3. Wandering Blade - Sacrifice one of your warriors in the name of Khorne to send me to another people. If they don't want to send the bloodletter and the storm to Jupiter, then send to the Blues of the East, the Greens of the Northeast, or the Pyromaniacs of the North. Up to fate whether that warrior reincarnates as a hound or not.
4. BadBack come up with some other method of dealing with this demon.
>>
>>5963203
>This works extremely well. In a few generation, you will have created the Cattle Fatty species - docile, mindless, efficient ivy-meat converter.

I HAVE COWS!!!

>>5963347
Bloodletter.... oh...... 7 hounds of Khorne...... OH FUCK!

this is gonna take a brainthinking. because right now that thing would be fucking genocide levels dangerous.

unless...... maybe they arent that strong yet since Khorne is kinda still asleep i think.
>>
>>5963611
just because that was his plan doesn't mean that qm will go along with it. it also seems pretty extreme for his second lurker vote
>>
>>5963611
Khorne is asleep. Depending on where humanity is technologically relative to us, there may not be any greater demons of the Blood God. Only lesser demons. Under-Hunters are really strong and warp saturated. A tribe should be able to gank and kill a bloodletter before it cleaves them all into pieces. The problem is the 7 hounds.
>>
>>5963729
a single bloodletter i would not be worried about. as you said. psykers are pretty effective at banishing a snigle demon. the hounds would be very fucky though being near immune to ranged sorceries and making it so the demon is not outnumbered 20 to 1 but more like 2/3 to 1.

>>5963727
alright.... so does the mist have a spiritual component that the tribes warpsight can pick up on?

my next step will depend on if it can be affected by psychic powers or if it affects them.
>>
>>5963220
>Tools and fur
After a hunt, every part of the prey that can be used is used. The bones are fashioned into tools, the fat is used to feed the fires, the fur to make the nest more warm and comfortable.
>>
>>5963347
I have something completely different in mind for the storm. Warp is involved, Khorne is not
>>
>>5963745
so the Storm is warp based. then i will base my response off of that.

>>5963205
Seeing the malady that sickens the ground and threatens local wildlife the Matriarch looks to her tribe. Her Warpsight itches and she can make little sense of it. turning to her best and brightest hunters she tasks them to find a ritual to either dispel the mist or find a way to dispel its impact upon their homes and livelyhoods.
>>
File: AdventureEnd.png (24 KB, 1600x800)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
Hey I feel like all of you have forgotten about this beast of the surface :

The Meaty Glider is a Carnivore akin to the humbler Ivy glider. It carries a herd of crawlers on its back, which have a symbiotic relationship with it.
>>
>>5963749
>>5963347
I'll clarify a little bit : the storm will stay in your place AND expand, engulfing at least 2 more tribes (else what I have in mind won't be fun). Don't waste your action dealing with the mist.
>>
>>5963768
alright. i will have to think a moment more then.
>>
>>5963205
so... disregard my vote >>5963749
as the following is my new vote.

Seeing the malady that sickens the land and plants the Matriarch sees danger in the future. They might not be able to get enough meat to fill everyones bellies. Instead she wishes to find ways tostretch the food for longer stretches of time turning to fire. One of the Ivy Fatties munched too much and ferociously being heavily burned.

its meat smelled delicious and some of the tougher plant matter seemed to be softer and maybe more palatable to the matriarch.

>Try to invent cooking so food can be more easily stretched for longer periods of time.
>>
>>5963205
Build houses and buildings to support long term wine and cheese production
>>
>>5963269
GrassGreen : BoneVassals
1d100

>>5963283
Whitemane : bone tools
1d100

>>5963288
BurningGrass : Armor
1d100

>>5963740
Cerulean : Bones&Fur
1d100

>>5963780
BadBack : cooking
1d100

>>5963823
Jupiter : Improve Houses/Specialized building for Cheese and Wine
1d100

Still missing Ghostclaw input; could you roll with your write-in?

A/N : I'll be probably unable to update next week - holidays.
>>
Rolled 69 (1d100)

>>5964671
The Other shoe
>>
>>5964675
....hasnt dropped.

and this is a noice roll.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>5964671
They call me Hard PhD
>>
>>5964730
I’ve gone soft
>>
Rolled 12 (1d100)

>>5964671
>>
>>5964791
LOL, my tribe relly doesn't like crafting
>>
>>5964675
Cooking orgasm unlocked!
Do you think each time your tribe eats good food, they have exagerated reactions like in some anime?
>>
>>5964791
>>5964730

this is not noice. hope it will get better for you guys.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (33 KB, 602x339)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>5964794
lets hope not. or the tribe will singlehandedly cause global warming of the planet before the industrial age.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d100)

>>5964671
>>
>>5964795
Nope! Cursed turn! Cursed turn!
>>
Rolled 91 (1d100)

>>5964671
Here is hoping for a 88
>>
Rolled 15 (1d100)

>>5964671
Changer of ways be good
>>
>>5964969
>>
I wonder which tribe is in the lead, as it were. If sheer numbers and overall chance of survival is what we are rating
>>
>>5965066
I think that would be me. Last time posted tribe numbers I was like 10 members ahead.

>>5964671
by the way qm since I invented stone containers to keep pests out of my food stores does that mean my cellars are working now or do I need to put another turn into that.
>>
>>5965106
Cellars working

Picrel are numbers.
By the way, is Ghostclaw alright? Is he safe?
>>
So I will be away for a week. In the meantime...

>Red Mist Event!
The Mist covered all the crack, dragging all the matriarch together in a physical place with the next daugther watching but not able to act.
>Each Player can interract with another player (Peacefully or not : you don't like BurningGrass? You can Attack his matriarch! You are interrested in BadBack's bow? Maybe he'll teach you for the right price!)
>Each player can answer his interraction.
(I'm attacked? Flee/Fight back! Accept the price give for the bow, etc.)

Daughters are here as witness -GrassGreen immolated BurningGrass? BurningGrass tribe will be aware.

Have fun, and let's hope Ghostclaw is still among us. He should have time to catch up
>>
>>5965224

Well, I for one would like to exchange technologies. I can teach the ways of fire, to make dangerous balls of flames that drive away lesser tribes. I would like to learn more about the way fire is used by other tribes.

Perhaps we could all contribute a technology to be shared amongst us all? I'll offer up

> Trap-making (Rock fall, Fire)
>>
>>5965208
Cerulean has a lot of tribesmen so many he could collapse if he runs out of food
>>
>>5965224
GrassGreen, you have specialized jobs, my tribe council could use the help. In exchange I can offer you our agricultural knowledge of Stove Groves.
Out of everyone here, I have the most situational knowledge, so I can’t really give a lot of offers.
Badback, I can teach you our Frost Mirror spell, so your archers can never be picked out by the enemy. Your bow is not that enticing, to me, since I lack ivy fatty glue and good cords
>>
>>5965279
Hmm. I can teach you about or Ziggurats. How we use the heat of stove groves and how to spread them. Trapmaking is interesting, but it’s your overall mastery of fire and Fire Grass itself, that captures my interest. How to harvest it, how to make bonfires how to tend ichor tears in our skin…. A true meeting of fire lovers
>>
>>5963215
I’m thinking about this all wrong. Grass Green and Whitemane tribes are right next to eachother. This meeting in the Mist, it can be an opportunity for us to share our location and for the Whitemane and GrassGreen to start interacting on a tribal scale
How is that for an offer Grass Green? We’ll do this minor technology trade, but will you also agree to share your tribe’s location, in exchange for mine? I have cattle, I can cross the wastes and have an actual meeting of the Two Legs
>>
>>5965319
That sounds great to me. We'll trade our ways of fire and fiery plants and plan a meet up. With any luck you'll be able to critique the first plantings of stove groves.
>>
>>5965208
>>5965224
I am alright but I hadnt much time. I will send my turn today.

Sometimes i am not available.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d100)

>>5964671
>Shaman

The way for further understand the spirits its clear, an underhunter of the tribe need to learn how they live through great meditation and learning of their ways.
>>
Could you guys shill the allmother Under Hunter for me in the tournament thing while I'm away?
>>
>>5965279
i could offer up the art of cooking if i can offer up what i learn this turn. otherwise i could offer up greenhouses or the knowledge of trails for those that dont have that yet.

i would however like to get some first aid knowledge since my tribe is pretty warlike by now and wounds need to be tended.

>>5965310
you are right. most of your research wont help me since this low in the crack there are no Stovegroves. you have nearly everything i do. i could offer up oral tradition to keep memories alive longer for historic events. Or Greenhouses? to grow things other than Stove Groves?
>>
>>5963756
Can meaty fatty produce fat glue like ivy fatty? Maybe I can make bows
>>
>>5965647
I fancy your barter system, but you didn’t offer that. Glass houses sound interesting, sure. Frost Mirror for Glass house
>>
>>5965695
if i can give you the barter system i wouldnt mind giving it to you. but you might just unlock it yourself. we are after all. bartering right now.
>>
>>5965647
I would be pleased as punch to learn the art of cookery in exchange for the ways of fire first aid.
>>
>>5965361
ghostclaw would you be interested in trading your knowledge of training Holey Moleys for knowledge of ice weapons and defensive shelters?
>>
>>5965647
what would you be willing to trade for my furniture and eating utensils?
>>
>>5965974
Sure.
>>
>>5966161
i would probably have to find another way to carve rock though since i dont yet have Holey Moleys to use or claws that can carve rock.

i would be much more inerested in the establishment of nobility and the Vasal Packs that come with it.

i could offer basic weapons research or Glasshouses to start growing vegetables yourself to expand into husbandry by yourself or use as supplement.
>>
>>5966760
that seems like a fair deal. I'd be willing to share the concept of nobility with you for the glass house and for the knowledge of how to grow the vegetables in them (because they would be kinda useless without them).
>>
>>5966768
i think the knowledge on how to build and use the Glasshouses go together anyway.

so yeah we can do that.

after all i will need people to trade with and vassal tribes will hopefully help with that.

i think i will have to make a post just writing down what i traded to whom.
>>
interesting that everyone settled for trade. We just met a Twolegs that is not of our tribe. Yet everyone chose to quietly mingle
>>
>>5965693
Yes, but no Fatty in the surface.
>>
File: Meeting.png (69 KB, 800x800)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
>>5964675
>>5964730
>>5964791
>>5964826
>>5964876
>>5964969
>>5965361

This is once again a low-progress stride for the Under Hunters, barring two exceptions.
>Badback : Cooking
A Badback youngling, picky eater, launch a slab of Cattle Ivy meat into a nearby patch of Light Moss. Soon, a tantalizing smell makes the undesired meal palatable.
Soon, the knowledge spread among the tribe. Each Hunter get its own recipes, which are more or less desired.
>Synergy with Barter System
The better cooks of the tribe soon spend the most of their time grilling meat, against favor. This motivate the other tribemates, which work harder in turn.
>You have a free +5 for next roll.

>BurningGrass : Stone Armor
Using their fine crafts, the fabled failed Ice Armor is attempted one more - with stone slabs instead.
>Synergy with Strength : armor is twice as thick as could wear other Tribes
The armor proves hard, resilient and a mighty new tool in the Arsenal of BurningGrass. Of course, it is not always wore and takes time to don.
>Stone Armor effect : +10 in fight-related rolls where Armor is donned.

But the most major event is the first Tribe Meeting.
Interestingly, everybody quietly mingles.

GrassGreen and Whitemane discussed of the Flora - How to cultivate and spread Stove Grove, how to use their pods as fire starters and tend for it. Moreover, locations are trade.
BadBack soon join the exchange - giving Glass Houses to Whitemane against the knowledge of the Frost Mirror spell
The triangular trade is concluded by Grassgreen bartering Cookery against First Aid - you're pretty sure your fire mastery could yield better results than the crude light moss grill strategy.
BurningGrass, interested in the exchanges, explains the theory of Nobility to BadBack against the Glasshouses.
Badback, always the trader, gives to GhostClaw Ice Weapon and the theoretical knowledge of Defensive Shelter, which could definitely improve the troglodyte nests against the theoretical knowledge of taming Holey Moley.

And with that last peaceful exchange, mist dissipate and each tribe gets back to its daily life - with Jupiter observing and not mingling the slightest.

Time stretch, and collapsed back. You are all at back in your tribe's nest, boiling with ideas.

>How should your tribe evolve?
>>
>>5969776
> INVENT STONE GRILLS
> GRILL
> GOLDEN AGE
>>
I make good of my promises. The Council shall be trusted to continue the War Dahu Program and spread more Stove Groves, Mama's throwing on the hat and jacket and with a small group of Dahu and Hunter go down South, farther than our territory. To meet the Non-Whitemane who is wise of fire
>>
In case I can also pursue a separate project in the background, thanks to the council, I have an idea, but I want confirmation first
>>
>>5969797
Sorry, you won't be able to multicast actions.
>>
>>5969794
We will grill!
>>
>>5969803
perfectly acceptable. I'm off to the greatest grill party this side of the planet!
>>
what kind of vegetables do the glass houses grow, exactly?
>>
>>5969811
For you, i'd say Fire Ferns and Crack vegetables - but you'll have to find a way to get them in the first place.
>>
>>5969776
>Glasshouses
The matriarch awakes inspired. She orders the creation of glasshouses within the nursery keeps. she also orders the tribe to gather plants to grow within te glasshouses. The Matriarch knows that if she mixes farming, tribute from her vassals, and the proper storage of food the tribe will never face hunger again.
>>
>>5969834
so what kind can I grow?
>>
>>5969776
Dabble with warp travel, try to reach mountains.
>>
>>5969776

Having Interactions with more Two Leg Walkers was to be expected. the manner of the exchange surprised the Matriarch but it mattered little. Finding much knowledge she immediatly went about finding ways to implement them. The Spell is quickly taught but what mosts interests her is the Vassal System.

Vassals mean more Hunters loyal to the BadBacks and more reach as wels as someone to trade favors or goods with in close proximity.

>Calling upon her hunters she decrees that intruders in their territory are to be tracked and followed making sure to find other smaller packs and tribes that can be subjugated and their Matriarch replaced with her own daughters that owe loyalty to her and are allowed to hunt in the outer territory of the Main Tribe and beyond in their own new territorys.
>>
>>5969892
As a crack delver, Rock Ivy and Light Moss.
>>
>>5969776
>>Ghost Claw Tribe Advancement so far : Assassins-like tribe prefer night opportunism over natural matriarch ritual duels and natural hunts, cave nest, using rocks/shaping rocks (Rounder rocks for Bludgeoning, oblong rocks sharpened into Piercing points, flat rocks faceted into edges) + synergized with Shape Ice, turns the projectile into ice blades, boulder or points, Observation behavior, Subjugation, Tamed Holey Moleys, Meditation, Ethereal Spy - Grants your tribe +5 to replicate one research from another non-blank tribes, Agriculture (Fire Ferns), Holey Moley Metal Claws, Primitive Tombs, Spirituality, Everstone Totem (5 spirits), Primitive Painting, Defensive Shelter, Ice Weapons
>>Ghost Claw Tribe Failed Advancement : Snow Shade Spell, Stonecarving, Shaman

>>Development : Stonecarving
After much thinking the tribesmen of the Ghost Claw tribe decide under the decision of the Matriarch to try something their forefathers attempted. Stone carving. With strength, spells, tools and Holey Moleys they will attempt once again to expand their caverns and make them in something new. Their home shall be made a new.
>>
>>5970180
is the Tribe Sheet up to date and just not on the same link https://pastebin.com/LLBm1mjj

Maybe i am the retarded faggot incapable of finding it.

or do i have to call someone something again?
>>
>>5970271
Yeah, I'm a faggot.
Pushed the update - check if I didn't forget anything
>>
>>5970274
seems good now. i think you got everything.
>>
I think we're still messing Cerulean input.
>>5964794
Bro you're around?

Blogpost time directed to Badback
Finally ran that Oblex encounter for my Curse of Strahd, disguised as a gaggle of hurted kids. Fun encounter.
>>
>>5971331
oooh yeah. that does sound very fun indeed.

i am currently preparing my players for an encounter with badly outnumbered Sirens against Weresharks and Sahuagin while on a Hobgoblin Ironclad Warship.

if they safe the Sirens they will get some nice loot. otherwise they will have to contend with a nighttime ambush from the Sharks and Sahuagin
>>
>>5969787
>GrassGreen : Grill
1d100

>Whitemane : Travel
1d100
Your Dahu helps with locomotion in the Peaks - you thus get a free +10 on that roll.
Scale is 1-40 : 1 hex; 41-80 : 2 hex; 81+ : 3hex

>BurningGrass : Glasshouses
1d100. You have the knowledge so everything over 5 is a success. A good enough roll will let you put your own spin on the tech.

>Jupiter : Warp-travel exploration
1d100. Trails gives you a +5. You know the scale.

>BadBack : Vassalization effort
1d100. Bartering system counts and give you a nice +4 as you're thriving and thus you can motivate more your tribesmates.

>Ghostclaw : Stonecarving
1d100

>Cerulean
Still waiting for your input.
>>
Rolled 20 + 5 (1d100 + 5)

>>5972733
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>5972733
Since u also have cooks i get another +5 for the bonus from last round?
>>
>>5972738
Forgor to add my name.

It is me... and that roll was not great. Hopefully that
>>
>>5972739
That wont have too many negative side effects.... hopefully
>>
Rolled 83 (1d100)

>>5972733
oh well. Hopefully its not another of your changes like with the tools improvement.
>>
Rolled 24 (1d100)

>>5972733
Bet you I roll high
>>
>>5972810
Well I’m in the edges of their territory now. The scouts will see me… if they invented scouts…. I hope I don’t die to one of their traps
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>5972733
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

>>5972733
come on 80+
>>
>>5972890
Still good enough for styling. How do you want it to look?

Lurker, are you still around?
>>
>>5972935
maybe make the frame between the ice/glass stone and make the floor between the plots of soil carved stone in our style.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>5958470

ignore this
>>
>>5969776
Sorry for the wait everyone
>Bodies Cremation:
The bodies of the dead are burned to ash in special chambers with the help of Warp Moss in the Hidden Gardens. Part of the ash is used to paint a portrait of the deceased, the rest is spread in the Garden to feed it. The living feed on the Moss and the dead feed the Moss , supporting the tribe one last time.
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

Rolling one d100
>>
>>5972825
I have failed the spirits of grill and now I must atone.
>>
>>5973798
>>5973800
Glad to see you Cerulean! Was writing the update, you're just in time.

Also, I know this skirmish thing is demanding and I want to thank you all for your dedication and staying around. Don't worry if life prevent you from taking a turn at some point, we'll find a way to work around that.

I also hope you are all having fun developing your own culture, and stuff progressing at a satisfying rate.
>>
>>5973827
Yeah the quest is fun!
And thanks for writing it. I'm trying to write a quest of my own and it's hard.
I have even more respect for QMs now.
>>
>>5973827
It's good stuff, even if every dice roll fills me with utter dread. I am curious what the end game for this phase is though. Are we going to time skip a thousand years at some point into a more medieval era? Or just keep putting one brick on the other until we're making rude gestures at the imperium of man?
>>
>>5973850
Well I doubt humanity is even out of the Bronze Ages at this point. We got thousands upon thousands of years of time left, before they come knocking
>>
>>5973850
>>5973857
>What the End Game for this phase is
It will depend on our collective patience.
I think there are other mechanics and themes to exploit and we're just starting to soulfully shaping tribes. But if/when a majority of us gets bored about this phasis, we'll move on. However, this is the only skirmish-like step planned, you will then fuse into a gestalt mind of autists like in most quests, with maybe some right to talk as the great spirit of the matriarch of (Your) tribe from time to time.
The goal is for the space-faring phasis to be inclusive to players that were not interested in this step or lurkers to join once again/for the first time in a soulful civilization.

>Humanity current development
Redacted/
>>
What is interesting (and we didn’t really acknowledge this) is that some of our Under-Hunters are Blanks… on a Warp Saturated planet. This would imply an attempt at adapting against the potential intervention of warp entities and Storms in one’s evolution by going in the negatives on the Psyker Scale. Considering the only other well known Minor Xeno that has Blanks are Kroots (who get it from human blanks) this is gonna be an interesting leverage for our people in the space age, if Mercenary work is how we brave the stars
>>
>GrassGreen : Grill
Trying to improve the process of cooking (and adapt it to the cruel lack of Light Moss in the peaks), your tribe wishes to be ready for the future visit of Whitemane.
Sadly, you were not touched by the spirits of innovation - a close miss, a miss netherless.

>34
Your delegation makes slow progress. Looks like your Dahus are not as fit as you thought for travel. This will of course be reported to the tribe's council and improved in the future.

>BurningGrass : Glasshouses
>60
Your tribe quickly goes to work, and turn the knowledge in a reality.
You build your own version of the glasshouses : first, you find big rocks. Second, you carve them out, leaving a parallelipedic frame. Then, you cast the ice pannels.
As a finishing touch, you bring in soil and slabs. Ground is for light moss, and at least two walls are kept as textured rock to let the Ivies flow.

>Jupiter : Warp-travel exploration
>25
Your explorer crew came back. Despite turning down their blankness enough for a warp jump, they found themself stranded in the middle of the snow plains.
No life in sight, they almost starved to death in the time it took them to come back.
>Magical suggar daddy of secret lore and knowledge
Vision in your matriarch's sleep teach you that the snow plains are not as stranded as you thought, but you'll have to learn how to master this environment.
However, life never developped in the western peaks.

>BadBack : Vassalization effort
>30
You're overall unable to convince the fringe packs to join as Vassals. The enwilderment of packs and collapse of ritual-based domination on a wide scale is definitely a part of your failure.

>Ghostclaw : Stonecarving
>83
A major breakthrough happened for the Ghostclaw tribe.
A new set of tools are created by embedding the Holey Moley's claws in rock tools, with conjured Ice handles.
Except Everstone - too hard to craft in tools itself, the totem took an awfully long time to craft - rock can now easily be carved out.
Using blocs, cave entrances are reinforced, following the layout of Defensive Shelters recently learned.

>Cerulean
>60
The cremation finally takes hold among the tribe and its vassals, further feeding the garden's moss, and thus the crawlers inside, going back to the tribe itself.
The Cerulean is now the second tribe with a special care toward their dead.

>How should your tribe evolve,
>>
>>5973899
Fellow Two Leg of Fire! I am getting closer! Why is there a bolder with scattered Flame Grass around and word “GRVLL” drawn crudely on its bottom?
>>
>>5973899
Farm berries and moss crawlers in the hidden bunkers
>>
>>5973899

> Adopt cooking to local fire sources (stove grove leilana) and develop a pit roast instead.

>>5973906
I have failed the spirits of GRVLL! But perhaps I can make amends.
>>
>>5973899
Continue pressing on trying to create the Vassal system. With violence if necessary. Those pushed into a corner and given a choice will make the right one or be destroyed
>>
>>5973899
>Mind to Mind: the tribe developps telepathy to talk to each other
>>
>>5973899
>>Ghost Claw Tribe Advancement so far : Assassins-like tribe prefer night opportunism over natural matriarch ritual duels and natural hunts, cave nest, using rocks/shaping rocks (Rounder rocks for Bludgeoning, oblong rocks sharpened into Piercing points, flat rocks faceted into edges) + synergized with Shape Ice, turns the projectile into ice blades, boulder or points, Observation behavior, Subjugation, Tamed Holey Moleys, Meditation, Ethereal Spy - Grants your tribe +5 to replicate one research from another non-blank tribes, Agriculture (Fire Ferns), Holey Moley Metal Claws, Primitive Tombs, Spirituality, Everstone Totem (5 spirits), Primitive Painting, Defensive Shelter, Ice Weapons, Stonecarving, Rock Tools
>>Ghost Claw Tribe Failed Advancement : Snow Shade Spell, Shaman

>>Development : Painted History

Some members of the bring forward the idea to begin recalling the current time and the one of the dead matriarchs of the tribe, through painting and stone on the walls of the nest caverns of the tribe. The matriarch approves this idea.
>>
>>5974362
*some members of the tribe

forgot the name lol
>>
>>5973899
>cooking
With ready and abundant food mixed with a culture of family meals and new ingredients some under hunters have begun experimenting with food for better taste and combinations.
>>
>>5974308
reading over this... i might just create some form of slavery with how this is worded.
>>
>>5974442
Under-Hunters would make pretty shit slaves, I imagine, no like a slave that can just inter-dimensional jaunt out of its cage (and leave the planet is it wants to)
>>
>>5974468
>UnderHunters would make pretty shit slaves
with that attitude, certainly. There are dominance-based structure hard-rooted in the brain after all so it's not that much of a stretch.
>>
>>5974487
So depending on what i roll something else might be the result?
>>
>>5973899
>Lurker Vote: A plague sweeps through the inbred Dahus in Whitemane territory. Your people might be regenerating monsters with an absurd immune system, but your crops and beasts do not share your genetics. (negative event)
>>
>>5974699
The matriarch won’t like this when she finds out. We may need to import Dahu from down South
>>
In lighter news how’s the War Dahu program going? It’s still the same Matriarch so I doubt we’ve had a big breakthrough yet
>>
>>5974719
This is a special occurence as the red mist seemed to have rejunevated the matriarches (no, I didn't Forgot to kill them), so a fair amount of time passed. Progressively getting better.

>>5974699
Watcher, I'm sorry but this is a bit too harsh of a negative event - that's something I would reserve on a 1 roll.
>>
>>5974028
>Jupiter : Farm berries and Crawlers
1d100

>GrassGreen : Pit Roast
1d100

>BadBack : Press on vassal system
1d100. I'm liking a lot the idea of your tribe being a slaver, but you can veto it.

>Cerulean : Telepathy
1d100

>Ghostclaw : Painted History
1d100

>BurningGrass : Cooking
1d100
>>
Also Whitemane, 1d100 Travel
>>
Rolled 83 (1d100)

>>5974995
come on Slannesh give me that 66
>>
Rolled 2 (1d100)

>>5974995
lets gooooo
>>
>>5975009
looool
>>
>>5975009
Let's just say it's good you have Primitive Tomb researched.
>>
>>5974997
Here comes the flap
>>
Rolled 10 (1d100)

>>5975018
>>
>>5974991
The d20 was for whatever event the Lurker could do?0sny
>>
>>5975020
I'm not affiliated to that d20 roll nor do I endorse it.
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>5974995
>>
>>5974995
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>5975127
Eh? Let's try that again.
>>
>>5975128
Ugh. I think I'm at three failed rolls in a row now.
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>5974995
lets see how it goes.
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

Do I have +5 on my roll due to my tribe initial psyker focus?
>>
>>5975137
Yeah.....

the Badbacks are probably gonna enslave people and force them to work.

they are not good under Hunters. They are practically minded.
>>
>>5975137
The slaver empire has arrived! Run and hide everyone!
More seriously how do you see the vassalistion develop?
>>
>>5975142
not super sure. probably a brutal crackdown on any fourleg walkers in my tribes territory.

forcing them to labor and hunt for us.probably two or three tribe members to half a dozen slaves. and any attempt at escape leads to harsh punishment till they dont even think about running away. they will still get fed. they just have to give up most of the best food and what they can forrage.

And then groups of two leg walkers ruling over slightly larger groups of four leg walkers at the edges of my territory.
>>
>>5975146
I have the perfect unexploited yet Under Hunter biological quirk to exploit for you BadBack.
>>
>>5975138
Yes your Potent Psyker triggers.
>>
>>5975147
okay...

i am listening.
>>
>>5975151
You trust me? It'll then be in next update.
>>
>>5975151
Do I trust you?

that is a difficult question to answer..... do i trust my Dungeon Master.... sometimes... do i trust the QM on the net i have been playing with a year or so plus...... probably.

I can say. I will let you cook and accept the outcome. if need be i will try to course correct with the next vote

i wont call you a faggot if that is what you are afraid of. i am quite capable of rolling with the punches
>>
>>5975194
now i am a faggot for replying to myself like a dumbass

>>5975221
this is the response
>>
>>5975221
Hey almost two years - First thread of Dragon's Dungeon was in July 2022, times surely flies. It makes me feel a bit nostalgic as we've probably interracted something like daily over that period of time!

Yeah, I'm a faggot. I'm aware
>>
>>5974991
Something more fun then? At some location between some tribes (I guess that hex south of Jupiter, east of the rainbow lake, and north of Badback is ideal) there is a rock which is consistently struck by lightning when the wind blows hard. (a semi-predictable static discharger). I see this as a gambling event where nearby tribes can engage in high-risk lightning experimentation.
>>
by the way qm what are the rainbow puddles on the map? probably should have asked this during the last thread considering I settled on one.
>>
>>5975436
its been quite a while. but two years. damn we have been going at this for quite some time

>>5975756
i think they are large patches of Lightmoss
>>
>>5975670
Yeah, better

>>5975756
>>5975812
BadBack is on spot - extremely large patch of Lightmoss.
>>
File: Lightning.png (9 KB, 861x861)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>5975005
>>5975009
>>5975019
>>5975050
>>5975128
>>5975137
>>5975138

>Jupiter : Farm berries and Crawlers - 51
The Jupiter tribe now have dedicated spaces for Moss Crawlers. These Crawler Pens are ice-laced bowl-shape made of rock snow, upon which light moss is planted.
Crawlers are fetch from there crawling delving in the bottom of the crack, put into earthenware, and pulled up along the vertical dwelvement of your tribe.
This drastically improves the food security of the Jupiter Tribe.

>GrassGreen : Pit Roast - 23
Another good idea, poor execution for your tribe. At least your guests have not seen the two failures.

>BadBack : Press on vassal system - 95
Bugged of by the failure of subjugating, a Badback tribe member resorted to something extreme : a severe injury to the brain of the unruly weaker Hunter.
>Brain injury can be recovered from - with the caveat of lost memories, skills, and learnt behavior
The merchant then dragged the dying male, nursed it back to health, and taught him well to be a good servant.
Thus slavery began in The Crack. Yield, or suffer ego death.

>Cerulean : Telepathy - 89
>Synergy with 6th sense
The Cerulean Tribe, united and widespred, stumbled on a problem : communication.
How to keep the families united despite the distance? The matriarch meditated, and meditated again.
6Th sense is a good tool to survey - Criminally underused. But lacing energy inside, the Cerulean matriarch turned the transe in more than that : the ability to speak to mind.
This does not seem restricted in range, although the psyker must personnally know the one being talked to. This evolution might have tremendous consequences for the Cerulean and Lilac tribe - and all Hunterkind.

>Ghostclaw : Painted History - 2
The ghostclaw attempt to carve or paint the tribe's feats turned into a dramatic occurence of cave collapse, turning the southermost nest into a collection of rumbles.
Your numbers dwindled, reducing your tribe to a mere 9

>BurningGrass : Cooking - 83
The burningGrass tribe improved the daily lives by consuming food as a Stew. Moreover your tribe found out about using the Red Rock Ivy leaves as spice.
The taste is strong, spicy, with subtle hints, the leaf is almost unedible. Thus the clan drop a couple leaves in the rock cauldron, add Ice, other ivies and cubes of meat.
The food is left to marinate, then the bowl shapes of the table are filled. Berries, leaves and meat cubes are picked by the gauntlet, and the remaining broth is picked by the spoon-like palm of the gauntlet.

At long last, your scout reached the BurningGrass tribe at the end of this era.
>Whitemane And Jupiter can have their meeting.
>>
File: Hexmap4_Lightning.png (153 KB, 861x861)
153 KB
153 KB PNG
This is a period of wonder for the Under Hunters.
Whitemane can't help but ask GrassGreen what's the storm in the plain? They've never seen such a thing. Meanwhile, Jupiter, Badback and BurningGrass all see lighting tearing up the ceiling of the crack and repetingly plummetting a rock - far from their territory, still noticeable by the sheer size of the frequent Lightning columns.

>What are your tribe doing next?
>>
>>5975931
First things first, we Whitemanes didn’t know we weren’t alone. There are two legs not born from the first Whitemane. Two legs I see and touch, two Hexes away from tribe. I wish to establish an… embassy. An alliance. Before I attempt that, I must first deal with the communication issues created by our distance. The Matriarch herself is here and capable tribe members are nearby. I shall develop Ice Scrying. By utilising the Sixth Sense and our potent psyker powers. We shall make a small indenture in the frozen earth. And make a bunch of small pieces of ice, small, abstract shapes that can be combined and reformed to make crude drawings. (If possible I would use the cave art of GrassGreen as inspiration). A powerful psyker back home will make a similar hole with similar pieces of ice. The two casters will then try to synchronise their souls and broadcast their presence in their warp to one another. Communication of ideas and concepts, once contact is established, is done through making shapes with the pieces of ice.
(If I can’t do this yet because we lack any form of drawings and code, I’ll just make an embassy the traditional way, some Whitemanes stay here some GrassGreen come with us to live in the Tribe)
>>
>>5975930
Also, mr Dragon, you got GrassGreen’s name wrong two times, I’m meeting neither Burning Grass nor Jupiter
>>
>>5975941
Obviously If I can make Ice Scrying I still need to get back home first, as the other tribe members don’t know this is what I’m doing
>>
>>5975931
>Huntresses Games: the females of the tribe compete with each other in hunting challenges and ritual fights to impress potential male lovers
>>
>>5975930
Oh damn. We are getting evil today.

If i get the tribe to start practicing eugenics i will have the government knocking down my door soon. So for something lighter.

Seeing the weird lightning to their far north the new Matriarch ponders while being served by a few four legs. Such ferocity and power. Could she harness it. To improve life for her kind. Such thoughts quickly dwindle while she surveys her home. A collection of shelters and little more. This would have to be rectified before leaving for a grand Quest. As well as eequiring some food and possibly material they will have to find ways tl transport said things.

>utilising the farmed fatties for meat so far has left one resource that has just been devoured so far. Their skin if prevented from rotting using materials from bowproduction and heat from the fires could be made into leather
>>
>>5975931
Send a large group to go investigate the lighting, harvest moss from the big patch on the way back
>>
>>5975941
That won't work because GrassGreen is a tribe of blanks.
>>5975942
Yeah, the issue it mainly Grassgreen have nothing to do with the plannet grass and as a fire build; doesn't helps me much.
>>
>>5976007
Is their presence disrupting the Warp to such a degree that such a psyker spell is impossible or “it won’t work” because they can’t perform the spell? Cause I can leave some Whitemanes here as diplomats, since that’s the point of an embassy. Problem is… that’s a bit of an abstract concept, we barely comprehend trading
>>
Hmm if it is impossible than I suppose I’ll just exchange technology and cultural practices with GrassGreen. Unless he has an idea we could cooperate upon. Like his cooking experiments, perhaps the two tribes could join minds for a project(s)
>>
>>5975931
>lightning rock research
The matriarch is intrigued by the lightning and asks herself "Why?". To sate her curiosity she gives the vassal closest to it stone containers and asks them to bring back some of the stone to her.
>>
>>5976021
A good first step is probably to build a road/trail between our lands to allow a steady exchange of ideas, eggs, and swag.

I'm thinking we party, trade eggs and testicles and get started on a road between our lands, but I'm game to follow your lead on other approaches.

>>5976007
Yeah, sorry, didn't really know where I was going with this at first. I could rename if that helps?
>>
>>5976032
I’m more than happy to form an alliance. And for a specie of short lived regenerating dominance reverse harem people, an alliance is dealt in eggs and testicles. A union of blood between White and Green. A union of minds. A union of cultures?
>>
>>5975930
>Watcher Vote: Brilliantly colored gliders come out of the crack near Green Grass territory. They are highly resistant to heat and like to cluster on firefern and passively absorb the heat. These being retain their brilliant hues even after death. They also have little letter-like patterns on their backs/wings and their shape and coloration follow Mendellian genetics.

This is a positive event. After all, how could tasty, pretty, sigiled, heat absorbing butterflies be bad?
>>
>>5976238
A good omen! A sign of a long a fruitful alliance!
>>
>>5975931
Its almost over good. Pretty much confirmed multiple times that something was strange, with multiple requirements and previous development not being counted. Better like this.

>>Ghost Claw Tribe Advancement so far : Assassins-like tribe prefer night opportunism over natural matriarch ritual duels and natural hunts, cave nest, using rocks/shaping rocks (Rounder rocks for Bludgeoning, oblong rocks sharpened into Piercing points, flat rocks faceted into edges) + synergized with Shape Ice, turns the projectile into ice blades, boulder or points, Observation behavior, Subjugation, Tamed Holey Moleys, Meditation, Ethereal Spy - Grants your tribe +5 to replicate one research from another non-blank tribes, Agriculture (Fire Ferns), Holey Moley Metal Claws, Primitive Tombs, Spirituality, Everstone Totem (5 spirits), Primitive Painting, Defensive Shelter, Ice Weapons, Stonecarving, Rock Tools
>>Ghost Claw Tribe Failed Advancement : Snow Shade Spell, Shaman, Painted History

>>Development : Use Ethereal Spy on Burning Grass for Nursery Keeps

The matriarch will use meditation for watch far away and learn an useful secret.
>>
>>5976596
>Its almost over good.
Huh?
>Pretty much confirmed multiple times that something was strange, with multiple requirements and previous development not being counted. Better like this.
Yeah I'm a faggot not updating the pastebin as over as I should.
>>
>>5975966
>Cerulean : Olympic Games
1d100
>>5975998
>Badback : Leatherwork
1d100
>>5976006
>Jupiter : go investigate the ligthning rock + harvest moss
1d100. You benefit from trails on the way - turning DC into 35/70/95
>>5976029
>BurningGrass : investigate Lightning rock
1d100. DC is 40/80.
>>5976596
>Ghostclaw : Spy Nursery Keeps
1d100. DC : 35

>BurningGrass + Whitemane : Trade Eggs and Testicles. Work on a road
both roll 1d100.
>>
Rolled 47 (1d100)

>>5976635
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

>>5976635
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>5976635
May this roll cost me all the luck of tomorrow
>>
>>5976638
The streak of bad rolls is leaving a bitter taste
>>
Rolled 86 (1d100)

>>5976635
Dice, I know we haven't been getting along lately, but I think it's just a rough patch. We can pull it together.

Right?
>>
>>5976637
Damn it. Well looks like we will be going without leather bags
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>5976635
come on Tzeentch give me that 77
>>
>>5976635
you got me and Greengrass confused again. considering I haven't interacted with another tribe other than the DREAMtm. I'm also surprised that Ghostclaw can spy on me considering we haven't met and we don't know where each other even are.
>>
>>5976802
Yes I am a retard.
Also the warp gives strange metagaming powers some would feel... Unnatural.
>>
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>>5976635
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>5976635
>>
>>5976640
You want to apply your effort on trading genes or on making a road?

>>5976636
>>5976798
Jupiter succeeded by 12, BurningGrass by 14... This can have only one meaning - your tribe are meeting up at the lightning rock! What's your reaction?
>>
>>5978248
Share cheese & wine, discuss warp phenomena
>>
>>5978248
Trading genes. Let's say the partying went on a little over long.
>>
>>5978248
The tribe is on guard and initially takes a guarded stance before they prove themselves friendly enough. it also helps that the BuringGrass are much larger than their cousins and that the cheese and wine are good. The leader of this pack makes some stew to go with the wine and cheese which (at least in her opinion) enhances the flavour. in between talking about the weird rock they ask about how the cheese and wine are made.
>>
>>5978272
>>5978636
Jupiter Do you freely offer the knowledge or keep the secret?
>>
>>5978920
Explain that the process relies on our earthenware and takes a lot of work, making these foods very valuable to us. Ask about the stew, how do you change the colour of the meat? What is the spicy flavour?
>>
>>5978929
BurningGrass, once you answer I'll write the update.
>>
>>5978929
You simply have to cook it in boiled water and as for the spice well you'll just have to experiment and find out (she says good naturally)
>>
File: AwardWinningArt.png (11 KB, 861x861)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
This timespan is quite uneventful for the lone hunters - with the exception of Cerulean, going one step further to the ritual dominance in the form of Huntress Games.
>Cerulean : you can create 3 Huntress sports!

The other tribes, despite their fine ideas, stagnated. The Spying of Ghostclaw didn't yield results, the Leatherwork of Badback have not paid of.

Following their peaceful discussion, Jupiter and BurningGrass got both an Insight for food and gathered some of the lightning-attracting stone - Jupiter in a ice-sealed reversed EarthenWare in an Earthenwar; BurningGrass in a sliding-plate rock coffer : exposed to open air, more lightning is attracted. Now, time for the trip back.

GrassGreen and Whitemane partied and got close.
>Whitemane : 28
Nothing much changed for the Whitemane tribe.
>Grassgreen : 86
But the cubs born from that union in Grassgreen tribe are different : once a bit away from their tribesmate, they display psyker behavior similar to their Whitemane's ancestor.
>Grassgreen acquired Whitemane genes in a minor part of its population !
Battle-Psyker : +2 in fight involving less-able psyker.
Spells : Ice Shard, Shield, Shape Ice

Whitemane, Jupiter and BurningGrass will travel. What would the other do?
>>
>>5979734
go out and find what that Lightning is and what caused it. Harnessing it is the matriarchs wishes and they will have to go together with slaves veven without leatherwork to carry more stuff.

will try to create paths from there to me on the way back.
>>
>>5979782
Good news : the trail have already been trailed by Jupiter when they come to visit the first time
>>
>>5979798
trails... to my territory? Why? they are... east i think. i always get my directions messed up on maps

and i have to go directly north....

oh well depending on how it goes i might go left and do a swing around trip to visit my old friends
>>
>>5979812

Check the hexmap. You're red, jupiter is brown/orange
>>5975931
>>
>>5979734
Nice, Psychers. Good to have that option. Better get down to business on that road.

> Start work on the road between GrassGreen and Whitemane territory.

Maybe one day we'll build a big fairground and you can do a cattle run up here and we'll have a big harvest festival or something
>>
>>5979814
okay. so they made trails up north before swinging to their current location?

that has been a while back. could probably need some maintenace. that is what slaves for.
>>
>>5979821
they trailed on the way to you and back to their home, which happen to cover the ground between you and ligthning rock
>>
>>5979734
The 11 wasn't enough to kill me ? next time then
>>5976630
Its more you just don't count previous development in rolls. I also avoided using so far Ethereal Spy for how much is required from it from the pastebin (which i can understand if others feared i just steal their most recent developments). The plus 5 it gives wasn't counted too. Frankly i don't think i will use it again beside for low tier development, otherwise is pretty bad.

>>Ghost Claw Tribe Failed Advancement : Snow Shade Spell, Shaman, Painted History, Failed Spying for Nursery Keeps.

>>Development : Stone Weapon, the matriarch and the tribe members want a new weapon for hunt-kill. They shall make it from stone, (not everstone, probably need industrial grade machines for do something with that) they shall be sharp like the tribe fangs.
>>
>>5980489
>1d100. DC : 35
So i factored it in the roll DC, written as "35" instead if "1d100+5, DC : 40"
I'm trying my best to keep everything coherent, but as you can guess, it's hard.
But you're inspiring me to come with a solution, so thanks for that
>>
>>5979734
>Grappling: two Huntresses fight each other until one has immobilised the other
>Rock Pass: two teams of 5 Huntresses each. 1 skull as a ball. 1 terrain with 2 opposed goals. Each team must mark points by passing the opposing goal with the rock in their hands. They can throw the rock to one another and punch and kick the members of the other team to intercept them. The team with the most point at the end of the match wins. Injuring gravely and maiming the other huntresses is forbidden.
>Strenght to Strenght: 2 huntresses, shoulder to shoulder push againt each other until one falls or surrender
>>
Dahu Breeding Project check? still the same Matriarch but, you know, some weeks have passed because of the party and egg exchange
>>
>>5980531
Duly noted. Your turn's input?

>>5980539
>Some weeks have passed
Your traveling roll will determined that.
>>
>>5981306
>Psychic illusions: the tribe uses telepathy to trick prey in hunts and escape predators when needeed.

The +5 from my psyker bonus should apply
>>
>Jupiter : travel back (picking up Light Moss on the way)

>BurningGrass : travel back
1d100. DC : 40/80

>Whitemane : travel back
Your Dahu helps with locomotion in the Peaks - you thus get a free +10 on that roll.
1d100. Scale is 1-40 : 1 hex; 41-80 : 2 hex; 81+ : 3hex

>Badback : travel there

>>5981320
>Cerulean : Psychic Illusion
1d100
Your +5 from Potent Psyker indeed triggers. DC is 40/80

>>5980489
>GhostClaw : double down on Weapons
1d100
You have an ample amount of tools + material + weapon tech already. Thus, with 40+ you'll improve your Ice Weapons; 60+ you get a specialisation in a weapon - but not as culturally defining as BadBack's.

>>5979815
GrassGreen : Road work
1d100
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>5981459
lets go on an adventure.
>>
File: 1nhqil.jpg (68 KB, 800x857)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>5981461
of course. for travel i roll that fucking CRIT 100
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>5981459
Let's get to work lads! You fancy psyker kids, smooth out that ice! Us Blanks'll do the proper heavy lifting. Hop to it!
>>
>>5981487
Oh good lord my dice. Can't grill, can't roast, can't make armor, can't make a road. Woof, this is rough.
>>
>>5981461
>>5981462
Worry not, 100 means a Culturally defining change!
>Write-in something you want from that linked to travel!
On the top of my mind, you can :
>Develop a Nomad Culture : you can freely Relocate to a nearby Hex once every 2 turns if new hex have no trail, every turn if they have.
>Permanently Colonize an adjacent hex
>Write-in
>>
>>5981598
>spiritual trails. once trails have been established to another well lived in area and The Badbacks have traveled

They leave trails through the warp they can use to shorten travel times dramatically.

does this sound interesting or reasonable QM?
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>5981459
come on 77
>>
Rolled 48 (1d100)

>>5981459
>>
Rolled 72 (1d100)

>>5981459
>>
>>5981625
It is.
>>
>>5982036
i figured this would make them quite good traders, capable of moving materials and goods faster than any other tribe when trading.

also getting out of the crack and bringing something back without it dying should be easier that way
>>
Rolled 73 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>5981459
We’ll fuckin see about that
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

>>5981459
Roll
>>
File: Immaterium.jpg (193 KB, 1000x632)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
While Jupiter made it back to its vertical village, thanks to her previously laid trails, BurningGrass took more time and haven't reached their imposing home, Ever Ice Keep.
>Lordship benefits : Territory Mastery
However, the matriarch and its pack reached the fringe of civilization, thus you can act normally at the measle cost of -10 to the incoming roll.

>Whitemane : travel back
With the experience of the first trip, the stronger Dahu remaining, and a few ones caught on the way, the trip back is made on a blazing speed.
>Enough time have passed : you are now able to properly mount the Dahus.

>Badback : travel there
Your matriarch loads up on slaves, able members, and heads toward the Ligthning Rock.
>100!
Instead of taking the mundane path, your matriarch orders to walk the Warp.
Warp, where she have a crazy idea : what about using the Psyker Powers to shape an ice trail in the energy snowstorm of the Immaterium?
Somehow, you are able to pull of this feat - allowing to travel at a blazing speed toward your objective, and back, charged with the precious Lightning Rocks.

>Cerulean : Psychic Illusion
Using their psyker power, the Cerulean tribe is now able to slightly perturbate the neural structures of some being it can see.
>Invented spell : Psychic Illusion - can slightly alter taste, sound, or view of a being under line of sight, for around one second.
On one hand this can appear week, on the other, it's way enough to distract a prey before attacking it.

>GhostClaw : double down on Weapons
Your clan was close to develop better technology. However, your Matriarch - around the same time as most other - died, taking her almost complete advancement in her Ice-cased tomb.

>>5979815
GrassGreen : Road work
Once again, the whims of fate laugh at you. The hunters are willing, but how to create such a road? This is frustrating, and the death of the matriarch doesn't help much.
>>
How should your tribe evolve? Jupiter, Badback and BurningGrass can try out whatever they want to the lightning rock.

Tribe sheet updated.
>How should your Tribe evolve?
>Any lurker-inspired strange event?
>>
File: Hexmap4_Pathed.png (154 KB, 861x861)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
Forgot second picture
>>
>>5983029
with her final wish to her heir the Matriarch asks her to find the potential for the lightning this rock seems to attract.

The new Matriarch took this too heart seeking for ways to imbue the lightning that can be attracted into stone and ice to illuminate caves without needing to rely on the volatile light moss.
>>
>>5983029
>>Ghost Claw Tribe Failed Advancement : Snow Shade Spell, Shaman, Painted History, Failed Spying for Nursery Keeps, Stone Weapon.

>>Development : Faith
>With their numbers ever dwindling and failures ever encroaching, the Ghost Claw has become an increasingly pessimistic tribe and started to be even more interested in the concept of death, spirits and ancestors. The new matriarch is much the same, and proclaims that there is a new great spirit above the five of the tribe. The Great Night Mother, a spirit so great that surrounds all and is everywhere at once. This is true. There is no equal, she brings great cold every day and with her mere shadow she puts the darkness over all existance. The great dark land above is her, the one where the spirits of the ancestors tribe live, fight and hunt. She is above them, they live under her. She is the night, the shadow, the cold, the ice. She must be honored, and so near the totem an altar of stone to the Great Night Mother will be made and where we will make offerings to her and the spirits.
>>
>>5983029
Did all of my members return? Were they able to harvest any moss from the big patch?
>>
>>5983073
Yes, and yes - filling up the rock-carrying earthenware by some of the moss from the big patch.
>>
>>5983029
With so much failure in the past our young matriarch declares a return to the roots of the tribe, trap making! When the stone fall traps crash down Dahu dash about like mad beasts. Time to put a stop to that.

> Develop rope nets of twisted plant divers to aid in the take down of prey and subjugation of unruly degenerate hunters.
>>
>>5983024
seeing a weakness in moving within our territory the matriarch decides to start a project to link all of the nursey keeps within her land but the land above makes for unsafe travel so she comes to a hard but simple conclusion. tunnels under the ice and snow. reinforced with stone pillars and heavy doors that only her tribe is strong enough to open.
>>
>>5983168
>Ice tunnels
i'm waiting for that -10 to go away for e
>>
>>5983030
Ah ever closer to cavalry. Are Hunters Mounted on Dahu that much of an improvement or is the weird way Dahu move making it so it’s not that much more efficient?

>>With our knowledge of fire we shall experiment. Lianas in fire make ash, but what else can be changed by being put inside fire? We shall dig and uproot what we can and throw it onto our bonfires, see what kind of paint we can make
>>
>>5983215
Dahu are more mobile and better suited to the Peak environment than the Hunter. Their gallop speed is higher than the Hunter's. Hunter can pounce and take them on a start/interception but Dahu can clearly flee if the bounce failed.
>>
>>5983029
>>5983081
Jupiter tribe will use the surplus moss to seed new mossbeds all across the territory, and try and develop techniques to cultivate and encourage growing moss (moss agriculture).

Since we need the moss for our earthenware and if we want to try cooking, as we have no psychic abilities to help us survive, we need to secure our ability to use and control fire to our benefit.
>>
>>5983024
>Lurker Vote: Frostflower: Wherever the Fire Ferns are surrounded by a frozen biome, shining blue flowers begin to grow at the edge of their influence, where freezing gales sometimes blow across the territory warmed by the ferns. The flowers require non-frozen territory to grow, but require freezing temperatures to flower & reproduce.
>>
>>5983825
We’ll throw some in the fire as well. Maybe they make blue ash
>>
>>5983029
>Food conservation: the tribe learns to freeze their food with their osyker powers to make it last longer. When it's time to eat it, they melt the ice using fire.
>>
>>5983037
Badback : Lightning Icebulb
1d100

>Ghostclaw : Faith - major deity
1d100

>Grassgreen : Net
1d100

>BurningGrass : Ice tunnels
1d100 - 10

>Whitemane : paint
1d100

>Cerulean : Food conservation
1d100 + 5 from Potent Psyker
>>
>>5983630
>Jupiter : Moss Agriculture
1d100
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>5984621
>>
>>5984623
Wtf are those rolls since the begininning of thread, did you gave out your first born to Faes?
>>
Rolled 10 (1d100)

>>5984621
Diiiiiiiiiiice
>>
>>5984630
> And for thousands of years the Grass Green tribe sat on their asses, accomplishing nothing, doing nothing, providing nothing of interest to the universe.
>>
>>5984628
I did not. But i did finish up a Warhammer army of about 2000 Points. My phone broke and i have to redo all my two factor authentication for everything including my banking details

Maybe... just maybe this is some sort of Karma

>>5984633
For the future i might be able to help by connecting the various tribes via warp routes for quick and easy e hange of goods and ideas
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>5984622
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>5984621
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>5984621
GAAAAÄAÆAAAH
>>
>>5984725
More pessimism and death ? It checks out ! The Great Night Mother is real !
Jk, should be a wipeout shame one less culture is always bad for us.
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>5984621
Why are these rolls so low? Hope that everyone who rolls low will succed their next roll
>>
>>5984729
With those rules you might get the attention of the sleeping echoes of nurgle
>>
>>5984780
I don't think there should be many problems in that regard due to what i already established with the totem and my tombs, and what i am putting forward on top of them. Beside it should be a 3 i believe ?
>>
Don't worry, I heard QM is a faggot who doesn't kill his players nor put characters in real danger, see what you guys got away with in thread 1 despite horrible planet creations
*check notes*
wait nevermind. Danger is real.
>>
>>5985054
yeah. we are only on a Semi Death World. Nothing the Imperium wouldnt colonize in a heartbeat.

btw. how big is an underhunter standing on its hindlegs?

either i am an idiot and forgot or it was never really stated.

the first one is a bit more likely in my opinion.
>>
Rolled 85 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>5984621
come on nat 100 (or 77).
sorry for the wait forgot to check on the quest
>>
>>5985645
so 75
>>
>>5985059
"semi" i say its on his road for full, if not there already if we count the fauna.

>>5985054
not worried, because i know we can suffer worse losses than this. Ultimately other tribes might become civilizations and develop archeology. Finding out more about the dead tribes that could lose here. Partially recovering their ways and knowledge, even if it ultimately pales in comparison to the gains that we can have if a tribe is alive and developing in to a civilization.
>>
>>5985059
You are still on a heavy planet. I carefully didn't stated it either, but my headcanon is the size of a big dog/of a veal for Burning Grass.
A muscle-packed one, because the gravity itself would be crushing to a puny human. And you rolled a 100 in your muscle system (with consequences unforseen before that Cerulean will soon find out)
>>
>>5985901
> And you rolled a 100 in your muscle system (with consequences unforseen before that Cerulean will soon find out)

AWAKEN MY QUIVERING ABBS
>>
>>5985915
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRrOLTHu-ew
>>
File: Untitled.png (20 KB, 800x800)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
Another stretch of time with little development.

The Ghostclaw tribe start telling stories about another the Great Night Mother.
After three of them have been abducted by shadows in the dead of the night, such story stopped and became a Taboo.
With four member remaining, the situation is more-than-critical.
>I'd advise spending turns bulking your number before your tribe get extinct.

The only development of this stretch of time comes from Badback's tribe - all the other falling short in their development.
Cerulean, your threshold was at 60 for a new psyker spell...
By grinding some of the lightning stone in a powder, encasing it in a sphere of ice, and putting it on a bigger sphere, the Badback tribe invented a way to diffuse light over a long time.
>Invented Lightbulb!

However, not all is lost. First, Cerulean's tribe observed something with their games : some of the Hunter chose to train specifically, and you found out that grappler are nimbler, passer are stouter, pushers are stronger.
This gives you the insight that this processs could be generalized.

On the frozen peaks, a new synchronous development hits the Fire Ferns - blue flowers, when the Fern are frozen.
Maybe this can act as an Insight for the Peak Delvers?

A/N : trying to abstract/simplify more the "artstyle" (kek, I can't draw). Is that alright with you? Or do you prefer sparser updates with more detailled "drawings"?
>>
>>5986683
> It is time to visit some of our old friends. At the Lightning rock there had been trails of other Under Hunters. Some were well build and some very faint.

>Memory of the other tribes still remains alive. maybe they would be open to trade once again. or maybe some of them had split off to form their own tribes traveling even further north. as such it is imperative to create better patchs to them and find things we could trade for the betterment of the Bad Back Tribe.
>>
>>5986683
the abstract art is fine for me. it gives a bit more in the way of presence to what is described.

also did the lightbulb maybe give any ideas to maybe get some Electrokinetic powers rolling? or at least the ideas for them
>>
>>5986683
Hmm. a use for frozen Ferns? Lets build those glasshouses we learned about and stuff em full of frozen fire ferns, see what these blue flowers can do!
>>
>>5986683
I guess 75 was too low.
>Lightning rock experimentation.
try and discover the secrets of the rocks. is it a warp phenomenon or natural? what makes the rock attract the lightning? can you make another rock that acts the same or could more be found under the surface?
>>
>>5986806
It wasn't. I'm a faggot. You'll get your Ice tunnel in next update.
>>
>>5986683
Develop counting using symbols developed from our guide marks using snowrock tablets for better recording and effective storage of food & other goods
>>
>>5986683

> The Psykers of the GrassGreen tribe experiment with the Frost Flower as a drug, finding the seeds a powerful stimulant. Even the blanks of the tribe enjoy the extra kick of a drink made from the seeds.

... somewhere along the way this turned into a frosted coffee joke.
>>
>>5986683
>>Ghost Claw Tribe Failed Advancement : Snow Shade Spell, Shaman, Painted History, Failed Spying for Nursery Keeps, Stone Weapon, Faith Great Night Mother (Taboo)

>>No Development Turn : Ambushes, whats left of the even more dead, desperate and pessimistic GhostClaw tribe begins to frequently ambush anything that passes through their territory at night. They hunt/kill for food, for steal eggs, gain new members and so on. The matriach is particulary furious of the remaining 3 members that in their fear, they proclaimed taboo the Great Night Mother. She will make them fully pay for cowardice and disloyalty.....

I recon that i cannot do something like stealing another development and combine it with ambush. Or do a development that includes ambush. So I will just do ambush in which I have a +15 and either return to health or die. A small stop but frankly any failure is.
>>
>>5986683
I am fine with the art, i don't particulary care with either sytle. Do the one you are more comfortable with.
If that artist comes around again he might make something.
>>
>>5973899
>A new set of tools are created by embedding the Holey Moley's claws in rock tools, with conjured Ice handles
What is these suppose to be called ? In the image you called it stone breaker. Can I actually have it with me because you mention me only obtaining Stonecarving here.
>>
>>5987984
How do you want to call them? They're halfway between neolithic axes and aztec obsidian tools
>>
>>5986689
Badback : expand warp trail
1d100. I guess you will follow the easier physical one first; which are Jupiter

>>5986797
Whitemane : Infrastructure - building Glasshouses
1d100. Synergize with your Nest style if succeed.

>>5986806
Burning Grass : rock secrets
1d100.
I still owe you the last turn's success.

>>5987047
Jupiter : Maths
1d100

>>5987057
Grassgreen : Frost Coffee
1d100

>>5987541
Ghostclaw : Use Ambush to recover numbers
Due to your aggressiveness, and your vassal,
Bo3d20

>Cerulean
Waiting for your input
>>
Rolled 17, 14, 5 = 36 (3d20)

>>5988017
Uhmmm
I will call them..... Stone Bleeder. Stone Bleeders. Essentially for how they break it they "wound" the stone in a sense.

>>5988483
Roll
>>
Rolled 73 (1d100)

>>5988483

And this is how I find out the frost flower is hilariously poisonous
>>
>>5988483
Do i get a +5 for superior intellect?
>>
>>5988483
Let's see if I can get 2 successes this turn
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>5988763
I can't believe I forgot the dice.
>>
>>5988767
huh that is two turns in a row of 85
>>
Rolled 48 (1d100)

>>5988483
>>
>>5988851
Yeah. Cant have it all. Still progress is progress
>>
>>5988644
Yes
>>
Rolled 27 (1d100)

>>5988483
>>
>>5989071
I am forever bound to just herd Dahu and plant Stove Groves
>>
Rolled 50 + 5 (1d100 + 5)

>>5988483
>>
>>5988483
>Lurker Vote: Dreams of Crockery - Greengrass has a dream-vision of some of the red clay on Jupiter lands being thawed and mixed with blood before being painted with a flower pattern on white and cooked with a partially open stone box which is pushed to the fire fern and pulled back with long hooked sticks. Later in the dream, the tempered and cooked vessel is filled with fluid and flowers and boiled near the fern. Then the Matriarch drinks from the vessel with her besties and feels the feeling of having done something correct.
>>
Cerulean, you still have a bit of time for your turn. Otherwise, you'll catch up later
>>
File: FirstWritings.png (11 KB, 800x800)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>Burning Grass
Two things happened for the Burning Grass Knight tribe :
First, the completion of the long-term project of Ice Tunnels. Under Ice and rock, path are carved, including heavy doors.
This easily turns the travel of your clan into the safest of all the Under Hunter Kind - Cerulean being the second because of their need to avoid their own traps.
This lead to one of your vassal to subdue a second wild pack, granting you 3 direct vassals with each 2 vassals.
Then, there is the focus on the brought lightning rock.
>85 + 10 from insight of first lighting rock interraction: 95!
Your keenest mind investigate the rocks, pondering why they're drawing in the sky's fire when out in the open.
Indeed, the reason is linked to the Warp - the stones seems to draw in an almost imperceptible trickle of energy from the other realm.
>Freebie from your 95 roll + stone-carving synergy + feodal culture
The use of the white-marbled Lightning stone as ear pendants and jewelry soon widespread. By sheer dumb luck, one of the shape used for carving - shape of the mighty Fourbeak, well known by your tribe - seems to improve that suckling effect, protecting from the warp's energy.
>Lightning stone pendants : +1 against psyker attacks!
Most of your research, however, was focused on searching on a way to use a lightning rock to turn more rocks into lightning rocks, or find other lightning rock.
The answer to that question is harsh, but simple. It is not possible, and there are no other except from the place you picked up such rocks.
Granted, this place is not that far, and there are ample rock there, but you've come to the conclusion this is a Strategic Ressource

>Ghostclaw : Use Ambush to recover numbers
Due to your aggressiveness, and your vassals, your number recover from cataclismicly low to not endangering.
It was a frightening time : one of the vassal, feeling Ichor on the frozen rocks, decided to rebel against the handful Ghostclaws. Rebellion have been subdued, rebel annihilated and merged, and another pack have been submitted instead.
Still, this episode marked the Matriarch. She must secure a future for the white-and-blue tribe's children.
>Special rule : next turn MUST be dedicated to a long-term action related to your number. In exchange, you got a +10 to that roll.

>Badback : expand warp trail
The Badback tribe charted more of the immaterium, toward the west where the Jupiter tribe delve.
This unknown part, where nightmare delve, is rougher to chart - and require frequent hops out of Immaterium and in Immaterium to follow the trails in the material world.
>Charted one more hex.

>Whitemane : Infrastructure - building Glasshouses
A few small glasshouses are erected. However, the fundamental differences of environment between the bottom of the crack and the colder, wind-blasted peaks leads to several structural failure.
You will have to adapt the pattern, which you didn't succeed on this timespan.
>>
>Jupiter : Basic accounting/recordkeeping
The Jupiter tribe developped a groundbreaking innovation. Using a heap of raw snowrock, symbolic etching are marked on the disc and cooked, allowing a permanent record.
This greatly please your god.
"I have further mandates. I want you to expand and conquer the unchart. Here are the necessary steps : "
>Find a way to increase your numbers passively
>Get 5 earthenware full of Fire Pod seeds, 5 earthenware full of Fern Roots, 6 gliding wolves, 12 young Dahus, 24 Holey Moleys
Each action directly going toward your mandates will be granted a free Insight (and thus a free +5)

>Grassgreen :
By grinding the seeds of the blue flower with a bit of ice, your tribe obtain a bittersweet, strong paste.
This bittersweet product, half medicine, half delicacy, is stimulant, letting you phase from torpor to wake more easily. Your people like it very much, to the point all your adult tribesmate consume the paste.
>Lurker vote
You have dream of way to let fire improve your food. But you'll need some things that can contain water first...
One of your Psyker saw in a dream the earthenware of the Jupiter tribe. This is of greater interest to you, as a mix of water and blue seed paste would taste wonderful - but you'll need cups for that.

>Cerulean, I hope you're still around and just busy.

For the last time of this thread...
>>
>>5991396
continue expanding the warpnetwork. if i get a high roll can i expand it nortward from the lightningrock as well instead of only going to Jupiter?
>>
>>5991396
I have been a chaos Warlord for too long.
>>
>>5991398
>>
>>5991396
use writing to track seasons, refine farming techniques and expand farms
>>
>>5991396

> Develop Earthenware

Pots of stew, cups of frostfire brew, warmth inside and out. The idea of these things pleases the tribe. Now to find dirt that can become stone.
>>
>>5991396
The Daughter of Whitemane the Long-Lived is mad. The Council is mad. We shall use our War Dahu to chase away and harass wild packs of Four-Legs into near-starvation. They will be allowed food if they vow to follow a Two-Leg Matriarch of Whitemane blood.
(I should gain at least a +12 Bonus here from Battle Psyker and Dahu Plate Armor, besides my Mounted bonus)
>>
>>5991589
Warning : this goes against your god mandate despite god talking to you for the first time directly in like 2 threads
>>
>>5991395
I cannot ambush again ?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.