[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Quest Banner Image.jpg (223 KB, 900x486)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
After the conclusion of The battle for Yu Dao in 101 AG, Aang and Zuko instated a coalition government, where the colonies would be governed by both Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom citizens. The system first came into place in Yu Dao and the rest of the colonies adopted this soon after. People from all over the world flock to this place in hopes of setting up a brighter future for themselves, and to have a say in this era. The Year is 105 and you are being brought up in the newly formed coalition government.

You are Okoron Lee Embers , you’ve previously met and gotten antiquated with the water tribe students, sat through a lecture, and faced your first earth bender in combat on your first day at the academy. While it was a close match, you unfortunately lost and are now being taken to the nurse.

Previous Thread: https://archived.moe/qst/thread/5908809/

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/Dk3Cp8aX
>>
The sound of footsteps is the only thing filling the ambiance as two students help carry each other to the nurse. Blue, black, and yellow bruises are shared between the figures as they walk. Sweat stained their clothes, dirt caked on into their skin and their lungs heaved more oxygen to keep up with the adrenal rush. One was radiant in a prideful and smug aura, the other embittered but graceful.

Okoron did a mental survey on his condition, a cracked rib. Heavily bruised all over and a wounded ego. The stress on his body rapidly catches up, creating a fog in your mind. As the senses dull shadows start to take shape. At first, only one shadowy fly hovered over him, then five, after that number reached ten Okoron stopped counting. He could feel them poking at his frustration buzzing in his ears, feeding off the frustration.

Calling back the match he felt everyone hit and misstep, and reviewed all possible alleys for greater performance. He was churning his head with every possible fix and improvement. Humiliation floats to his cheeks turning them red as recalls the harsh words said to Nui in a bid to create an opening, now having lost to the “poor excuse of a bender.”

Continuing to recall the event analyzing every detail, the unexpected kept you from from the hands of victory. The change of forms, approach, weapons, and improvisation was too much. He’s fate is limited to his narrow experience. With a taste of a new opponent and a strong one at that Okoron is now properly bloodied in combat with earth bending.

>Obtained: Adept I! You now roll Best of Two on all combat rolls regardless of difficulty

>Obtained: Buzzing! There is something off about those flies

Minutes pass and the two finally arrive at the nurse’s clinic—a homely little building made of the same wood and stone that defines the rest of the academy. Okoron opens the door and is greeted by a middle-aged woman, who quickly leads them to separate beds and tells them to remain still as she goes to grab some supplies.

The bed is cool and reasonably soft, already relieving stress from the abused body. Okoron closes his eyes and starts to drift into a deep slumber.
>>
File: th-3813281758.jpg (31 KB, 474x316)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>5958919

A multitude of voices is heard in the abyss, some sound exactly like his. Others not so much, but after floating aimlessly for an unknown time his feet touch down onto an ashen pyre flowers, and their ever-burning embers for petals surround Okoron as he takes in this new environment.

Glowing ashes float up and form pseudo stars above his head, blackened stems and thorns make up the ground and act as trees with a mass gathering in one area. This area houses a burning flame and when Okoron lays his eyes upon it, he feels a pull come over him. His body lurches forward flying right into light. Only to be greeted by the spirit that has helped him thus far.

…Stronger…We need…strength…To rule..

…Give me…Something greater… Give me…. a name.. to exalt us…

What will you say/ask?

>What is with the whole ruler thing?
>Why are you here?
>How does your power work?
>Write in
>>
>>5958929
>>Why are you here?
>>
>>5958929
>Why are you here?
>>
>>5958977
>>5959025
Votes locked in... Writing
>>
>>5958929
“Why are you here?”

“…Give me your hand.”

Okoron tentatively reaches out and touches the Draco-Phoenix. Fire dances up your arms and a warmth invades your mind. You see a throne room with giant braziers flanking the throne on each side. A middle-aged man gives an address to the people occupying the room. All their chi is visible as small radiant balls. Each gives off hues of emotion, yellow awe, pink fear, and golden pride.

Others are with you, some in the shape of eels, turtle ducks, or simple wisps. But that awareness is fading and loose as you are pulled back into what appears to be a similar environment but filled with raging winds and lava rivers where the braziers used to be.

So you follow the disturbance drawing on its unique profile of emotions. After an untold period had passed a comet appeared in the sky giving you greater life and thought. No longer ideally sampling the emotions and channeling them as simple fuel for your existence. They give definition, meaning, and purpose to you. Empowering your intellect and might.

Shortly after the comet came the man flew into the air and rained fire on the earth. Euphoria, was the new and definite emotion present, with notes of heavy pride, power, and accomplishment. A temporary rift between the two planes appeared yet, and you made the cross-over. Taking in your surroundings you bathe in the destruction. Until another, greater presence battled that man and crippled his chi. For the first time, the spirit produced its own emotion, fear.

Fear poisoned everything that had built it up. Yet it could not spot its spread it needed to run and it did. Over time it jumped from what it now knows as nobles—feeding on the same concepts and learning new ones. Yet slowly you starve, as will flare down, and emotions still you feel your form dissipate back to the plane you originated from.

Until a child saw you, this child’s chi was a mess of emotions but the awe was bright and genuine. Just like the crippled man, he destroyed a garden in an attempt to save you. Not letting the chance slip you bind yourself to the small, growing soul and anchor your place in this reality.

Your mind cools as the vision fades and you take in the implications of what you saw. This thing is using you as a physical host to further its development, power for power’s sake. To formalize a tie to this plane of existence and you, it desires a name.

What will you do?

>Reject it
>Accept it (Write in a name)
>Ask another question (Write in)
>>
>>5959835
>Accept it (Write in a name)
Osuke - meaning a person who helps. We've helped him and he's helped us.
This spirit has been used for evil in the past but it is not evil. Let's give him another chance with us.
>>
>>5959904
It can also mean phoenix based on my admittedly surface level research. Seems fitting on both counts.
>>
>>5959904
+1
>>
>>5959904
>>5959906
>>5960246
Locked in, writing...
>>
>>5960416
Facing a writers block, so there will be not update for today.
>>
File: Family Manor.jpg (287 KB, 1920x960)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
>>5959835
“Okay, I’ll accept you Osuke.”

Upon being named the very ground started to quake and rupture. Shrine gates emerge from the flowers, sending petals and gray dirt flying into the air. A black and white cobblestone path flows under the shrine gates. Hills form the immediate environment that runs onto distant mountains. A great gale blows into the realm carrying whispers. Finally, a manor begins to form around Okoron and Osuke, reminiscent of the one they call home.

“Now that our bond is established, I may speak without difficulty. There are also some changes you will notice, firstly when you call upon me it will no longer be just an unrefined burst. But a steady flow of chi that should avoid the burnout you’ve faced thus far.”

>Obtained: Spiritual State (You can now properly channel the additional power

“We don’t have much more time together but know this, there are an unusual number of my kind gathering here. Be on the lookout, the one that attacked us may come back with friends.”

As he hears those words, the realm proceeds to fade from the eyes of Okoron. In a short moment, he awakes in the nurse’s office. Jutting up and checking his body he sees that most of the bruises that adored him previously had cleared up. The nurse just a moment away from checking on him jumped at the surprise.

“Ah! You surprised me Mr. Embers. Class is over and your father has asked for you.”

“Thank you miss, I’ll be going now.”

“Be care on your way please and have a good day!”

With the pleasantries aside Okoron traveled back to the entrance and embarked on the carriage back home. Your father asked for details about how your first day went, and you reiterated the day’s events. Once finished your father develops a steely gaze and in a cold voice tells you he has news.

“Your sister’s condition has started to become worse. She hasn’t gotten up for breakfast and is more exhausted than usual mid-day. I ask that you keep that in mind when playing with her Okoron.”

“Yes Father, what about the medicine?”

“I’ve been brewing higher doses for her, but I have yeah to see the effects.”

Already visages of grief begin to adorn his face as his next words drag out.
>>
File: Grief.png (160 KB, 776x728)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
>>5961610

“You mother would always nag that I did everything I could for you and your sister. But as of late it seems that I’m failing her.”

“That isn't true father! Your the one that found the herbalist and routinely purchase the medicine, even make sure our servants tend to her every need when she lets them!”

“Yet, I am powerless in the face of sickness. I can only hope she gets better Okoron, and I want you to do anything you can to help her through this. Okay?”

“I’ll try.”

“That is all I ask.”

The rest of the trip is spent with idle chattering, most notably how your father respects the integrity and strength the Avatar showed when dealing with Ozai.

Stopping at the carriage house and continuing into the manor you now have some free time to pursue your own goals.

What will you do? (Pick 2)
>More research into spirits and their affinities
>Visit Erdene and check on her condition
>Try to get rid of the spirit flies
>Search for what is causing spirits to appear
>Train your abilities (Firebending/Spiritual State)
>Write-In
>>
>>5961611
>More research into spirits and their affinities
>>
>>5961611
>Try to get rid of the spirit flies
Can't properly care for her without first making sure we're healthy.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>5961667
>>5961677

1.Research
2.Spirit flies
>>
>>5961611
Remembering the book you checked out and Erdene’s condition, the options are clear. A short trip to your room and “Serene Land: Guide of Spiritual Matters” was in hand. Doubling back into the hallway you soon approach the door of Erdene’s room, and with a gentle pull the door slides open.

The room smelled of freshly burnt cherry blossom and orange incense. A cluster of stuffed toys, blankets, and pillows is in the far corner of the room with Erdene resting on top of it all. A table stands in the center of the room with a teapot and incense holder sitting on top.

“I’m shocked! My dearest brother decided to visit me! Oh pigs must be soaring now~”

“For someone bedridden, you seem to have a lot of energy.”

“No force, man or malady will take away my liveliness!”

“Okay then, nice seeing you I’ll head out now.”

“Nooo! Don’t be mean, come here!”

A sigh escapes the lips of Okoron as he drags his feet over to his sister.

“What do you want?”

A brief yawn manifests from Erdene, “I just want to know how your new life in school started.”

Another summary is given, Erdene wastes no time in teasing Okoron over the news.

“Hahaha! You got your butt kicked by a girl! I wish I could have seen it hahaha!”

“Laugh all you want, it’s a very close match!”

“But victory turned out to be oh so far dear brother~”

“I’m changing the subject, how’s home life?”

“You know, tired and bored.”

“Should’ve expected that, wanna read a book with me? It’s about spirits.”

“Sure, I got nothing better to do.”

The two spend the afternoon, flipping through the pages of the books making tales of the spirits they read up on. Even coming across a showing of the 4 main types of bending and what they represent. Fire is emotional and volatile in abundance. Earth is connective and unmoving giving structure. Water is ever-changing in its environment, but serene in its movements. Finally, air is free and detached from all things making it the master of its destiny.

A spirit can base itself on the elements or take the aspect of animals, humans included. As well as concepts, but that is reserved for higher forms.

Erdene falls asleep halfway through the passage and leaves Okoron with his thoughts.

The spirit according to the book is earth-based, that being the primary reason excision is hard to do without damage. It has roots deployed within the person’s meridians. Sedation seemed to keep it at bay, but now it is feeding more ravenously. A glance at presence reveals it squirming around, no doubt causing more harm. But given its spiritual nature maybe there is something Erdene can do for herself?

Let Erdene know about the parasitic spirit?
>Yes
>No

What will you do?
>Attempt to serve the roots with the help of Osuke
>Look into possible banishment rituals
>Attempt channeling your chi into Erdene
>Write-In
>>
>>5962266
>Yes

>>
>>5962266
>Yes
>>
>>5962408
>>5962272
Locked In, Lets see if I can get in an extra update today
>>
>>5962415
Apologies for the lack of updates, life came first. However I will have an extra big update this Saturday.
>>
>>5964133
After struggling to write for hours and work pilling up I will have to cancel the quest. Thank you voters and lurkers for sticking through this with me, but its become another chore isn't of something to do for fun. I'm sure that is apparent in some of my rushed writing. You may see me try again with my own original setting but this the end for this thread.
>>
>>5965469
Darn. Well I hope you the best QM.
Also thank you for telling us instead of flaking.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.