[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: plank.png (109 KB, 1040x671)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
Alright, You know how this is gonna work
Pick a spot, then a color, and if you feel fancy a race and history.
Updates will be atleast twice per day

also remind me of things, I forget often.
and if you make a long post, throw in a tldr for me so i can update the map correctly
>>
>>5959228
>Small island continent on then bottom right corner of the map
>Color: Red
>Race: Crab People
Low-tech kingdom separated by castes- functions similarly to what one would expect out of a race of insects, aside from being semi-aquatic. Years of infighting over the small continent resulted in an eventual royal marriage between the most powerful warlords which gave birth to a fledgling kingdom that absorbed or destroyed rival tribes. Most fighting was over fishing the surrounding waters; and has adapted the race to maritime activities and aquatic warfare- however, due to conflicts on land being a rarity; they're stunted in conventional warfare.
Currently ruled by Duke Gorepincer IV and a handpicked cabinet of royal officials and nobility.
>>
File: IMG_0312.jpg (50 KB, 1040x671)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>5959228
Spot: Somewhere around the entrance to this sea right here so we can control the trade of the region while still being close to the center of the map where the activity will be.

Color: Purple. It stands out well enough in nature & probably next to other colors as well.

Race: Elves. All the types in one melting pot. High elves, dark elves, wood elves, etc.

History: Due to the high rate of elvish populations in the region, naturally a nation of mainly elves would be established. The Alicante Strait was the source of constant fighting over its strategic & economic value until it became the epicenter of the still young Kingdom of Alicante. Many struggles weigh down the kingdom such as racial tensions, outsiders always ready to grab at the nearest opportunity to seize the strait, and the rockiness of a government still in the process of establishing themselves in the region, but it has immense potential for both, political, economic, military, and cultural growth. The current queen is Llorva Fenfir, a high elf and the matriarch of a rich trading family who were also the family who established this kingdom.

TLDR: Royal elvish melting pot that controls a major hub of trade that comes with many opportunities and risks.
>>
File: markup_1000000348.png (113 KB, 1039x670)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
>>5959228
> Color: Orange
> Race: Butterfly People

A historically timid and flighty people prone to xenophobia and seclusion, the vibrantly colored Xetal have recently had a cultural revolution, throwing down an ancient and dated monarchy in favor of an elected council after a bloody civil war. The resulting nation is looking outward to explore and discover the world they avoided for so long.
>>
File: plank biomes.png (128 KB, 1040x671)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
>>5959228
oh, and have this biome map with the names of the areas
>>
>>5959384
btw i moved you more southernly because i felt bad about putting butterflies in a desert
>>
>>5959419
>the strait is sandwiched inbetween two hospitable biomes
Nice.
>>
>>5959419
>Crab People's homeland is entirely arid and arctic
Wasn't immediately going to start pillaging and turn into pirates but this feels like the logical reaction
>>
>>5959228
whats the tech? is it fantasty? modern? sci-fi?
>>
>>5959440
>>5959419
Oh, and we’d have the natural barriers to the west and the southeast from the deserts. Sick.
>>
>>5959547
you'll research better and better tech every turn starting from like, medieval shit
for research you roll a d20, you can begin research on several items at a time but can only work on 1 per turn
>>
File: plank turn 1.png (112 KB, 1040x671)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
###TURN 1###
CURRENT NATIONS
CRAB GUYS
ELF MERCHANTS
BUTTERFLY PEOPLE
(these names will only be used until YOU name your own nation)
###ACTIONS###
NONE
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>5959873
The Kingdom of Alicante (Elf Merchants) work on obtaining the resources and subsequently building a sizeable fleet of ships that are both durable enough to sail the open seas and large enough to carry whatever resources they find in their newly discovered lands. They might even have ambitions to establish a colony or two on any particularly wealthy land they find if they’re successful enough. The more resources that can be harvested, the easier and faster the nation can grow.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>5959873
The crabs attempt to colonize the southern coast of Zhilju in order to breed and fish in a more hospitable environment. Ships are a formality; and rather than the difficulty of colonization coming from travel- it's the lack of supplies and general organization due to ships and crews being unnecessary to cross the seas. Still, numerous crab people seek to establish themselves in small, scattered communities- all waving the banner of Crabopoli due to the protection of warriors that comes with it.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>5959873

The butterfly folk unite under the name of the Xetal Republic.

Their first task takes them to the east, chasing rumors of the distant ocean where they hope to build a coastal city and explore the wonders of the ocean.
>>
>>5959893
>>5960056
>>5960148

###TURN 2###
CURRENT NATIONS
CRAB GUYS
ALICANTEM, KINGDOM OF
XETAL REPUBLIC
###ACTIONS###
ALICANTE FLEET CONSTRUCTED (14)
CRABITE COLONIZATION FAILED (3)
XETAL EXPANSION (YOU DONT HAVE TO ROLL FOR THIS)
>>
File: plank turn 2.png (112 KB, 1040x671)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
>>5960259
i am stupid
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>5960259
While the Alicant fleet sets out in search of new lands, new people, and new resources along the Hvelt coastline for now, the people back home get to work on expanding into both biomes so they can set aside more land for growing crops, raising cattle, cutting down and planting trees, and mining. This will serve to grow their wealth from the wood, minerals, stone etc. which will bring more elvish people in search of greener pastures as well as being able to support these people along with the newly born with the food they’ve cultivated
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>5960259

> Develop local aquaculture, fish, crabs, seaweed, pearls and shells

The ocean! The Xetal have never something so big! So vast! So flat and open, yet hiding so much under its vast water. The deep forests of their home cut off vision after only a dozen meters, leaving villages and towns as isolated islands in the dark forest, but here the horizon stretches on to the edge of the world, one day the Xetal hope to see it.

The bustling shoretown sets to work immediately finding what possibilities might be available here. Divers oil their wings against water and dive deep into the water, finding a variety of mussels both tasty and pearl producing. Small fishing boats set out across the water, bringing back fish of unprecedented size. Simple crab pots bring in spiny Crustaceans and soon a bustling trade of sea goods flows to and from the coast.
>>
>>5959228
I'll take the lime-green area on the middle-left; the vertical land with the orange above it. Is it a wasteland? Can it be?

>Color: Black
>Race: Feral Ghoul Creatures (Agh'ashé)
>History: Came from Underground, descendants of an unknown alien race. Genetic Lifespan: 60+ years. Cannibalistic, Zero tech. The land they live on is black and eating itself alive. Bodies are everywhere, blood is everywhere. They kill and eat everything they see. They occasionally wind up further beyond their own land.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>5960262
>Crab Guys formerly name themselves Crabopoli
>Embarrassed by their failed colonization attempt; Duke Gorepincer IV orders the construction of a royal fleet and crews to settle the fertile shorelines of Zhilju in the future.
>>
File: plank turn 3.png (112 KB, 1040x671)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
###TURN 3###
CURRENT NATIONS
CRABOPOLI
ALICANTEM, KINGDOM OF
XETAL REPUBLIC
GHOULS
###ACTIONS###
1 CRAB SHIP (5)
FAILED XETAL AQUACULTURE (4)
ALICANT EXPLORAITON (14)
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>5960636
The Kingdom of Alicante gets to work on building their defenses. Recruiting and training a military, building walls and watchtowers along their southern border (because there’s nobody north of them to worry about atm), and researching better long distance weaponry.
>inb4 rolling another 14
>>
>>5960668
well, you didnt roll a 14
>>
>>5960669
This thread is cursed.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>5960636
Duke Gorepincer IV scoffs at the pitiful fleet scoured from the meager resources of his kingdom. Remembering his heritage, he attempts to organize an army of Crab People to march across the seafloor and colonize instead.
>Attempt to organize an aquatic army of Crab People to eventually march across the seafloor.
>>
>>5960675
Truly cursed, we shall be entrapped on this frozen shithole until the end of time.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>5960636

> Experiment and Advance Metallurgy
Alas, perhaps the coast was not meant to be. Extraction of pearl, mussel, and crab prove problematic and difficult, but perhaps better tools might aid the cause. The Xetal turn their focus to metalworking for the moment.
>>
>>5960636
What needs a dice roll and what doesn't?
>>
We need ghoul rolling prompts. Like, "Roll 10 for ghouls evolving and developing melee weapons" or "roll 1 for ghoul territory expansion" (The black patch of land expands).
>>
>>5960683
expansion can be done with or without rolls, research requires rolls
>>
Rolled 39 (1d500)

GHOUL-LAND EXPANSION. Let it spread like a disease. If I get higher than 300 then the ghouls must rise.
>>
>>5960751
Fuck
>>
>>5960751
It's been reiterated multiple times now ghoulanon but I will say it again; the dice have been cursed itt
>>
>>5960706
What about building a castle? Raising an army? Declaring a rise in taxes?
>>
>>5960960
armies take 1 turn build.
money is not an aspect.
castles will take as many turns of rolling as needed
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>5960997
Rolling for ghouls breeding with the butterfly people, creating flying butterfly zombie ghouls that can fly and migrate to other spots, thus turning other patches of land black.
>>
>>5961217
Aye, cmon. I got 17 on the dice and as post number. That's a Win.
>>
File: plank turn 3.png (114 KB, 1040x671)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
###TURN 4###
CURRENT NATIONS
CRABOPOLI
ALICANTEM, KINGDOM OF
XETAL REPUBLIC
GHOULS
###ACTIONS###
CRABS FUCKING DROWNED (2)
ALICANTE ACCIDENTLY SET THEMSELVES ON FIRE (1)
XETAL METALWORKIN (I CANT REPRESENT THIS ON A MAP BUT YOU HAVE IT)
GHOULS ARE RAPING THE ENTIRE CONTINENT (17)

I forgot about this place i'm sorry
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>5962589
Duke Gorepincer IV enters a deep depression, nearly cutting his own head off as he watches crabs fully capable of swimming on any other occasion- drown en masse. He decides to make the most of this forsaken land, to eventually lead his people out of it.
>Crabopoli studies metallurgy in an attempt to get something out of their land. (Hopefully establishing some mines as well if the roll isn't cursed once again.)
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>5962589
The Kingdom of Alicante puts together a makeshift fire department to systematically snuff out the fire. Afterwards, they’ll work on constructing an actually professional and trained fire department to prevent this from happening again.
>>
>>5962611
BLESSED
>>
>>5962589

> Necromancers rise from the ranks of the undead to defend their people.

Ghoul raids, and the horrifying offspring they produce, cast a dire shadow over the fledgling republic, but aid comes from an unexpected place. A handful of the ghoul-butterfly hybrids retain their awareness, and their allegiance. Their dark powers are mistrusted, but useful for managing the more feral undead.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>5962788
Oh right, dice.
>>
Builder going up for those who carve for some extra structure.
Or a game that's actually going anywhere at any pace
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>5959228
>>5959419
I'll take the westmost part of Zhilju (basically the part in picrel, with most of the population living near the sea)
>Color: Light Red (think a pokeball top)
>Race: Human-like, but own diverse domesticated feral creatures
>History: A civilization of monster tamers that believes it is their divine role to rule over and domesticate wild creatures. They often travel to go discover and subjugate new species, they aren't very technologically advanced though, think early middle ages, so they've never been far into the desert and few have been on the island, and they're unaware of the existence of continents other than Zhilju. They mostly seek to improve technologically.
>Name: Celestia (Habitants are Celestials)

>>5959851
First action is doing a research roll

(tripfagging because i may phonepost which will change my id)
>>
>>5959228
wait a bloody minute, i know that legend.
i was the one who added "wasteland" to the original.
wait another bloody minute. thats markdown formatting. i use markdown formatting.

who are you fren?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.