[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Baneblade 1.png (1.01 MB, 989x543)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
Previous thread
https://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/2022/5300416/

[Trait: The faithful]
[There will be special dialogue available when regarding the Cult Imperialis. Your interaction with the members of the Ecclesiarchy is more favorable.]

You are Basillica “Vasily” Hagia, the lieutenant of the Baneblade squad and a proud Vostroyan Firstborn of the 625th Armored Division, 74th Company, Squad 20, squad call sign “Flowing Don.” You and your crew arrived at Terrasque, a hive thought to be taken over by heretics and traitors of the Imperium. What you found instead were gene stealers. During the fierce battle the Order of The Argent Shroud reinforced then pushed out the ambush.

In the rubbles of the hive, you ordered your cousin-comrades to get some more supplies, be it lasgun packs, water or food. There was another issue, Flowing Don only had a dozen shells left. Seven regular shells, two smoke shells, and three custer shells. Other guardsmen began to recover any bodies or weapons, you were sitting on the rubbles inside the cathedral.

“Cousin.”

Rivale Prokofiev was the youngest member of your crew,he still had his blue eyesand with messier hair. Rivale carefully stepped over the rubbles and xenos corpses.

“What is it, Rivale?”

“We got the supplies… well as much as we could and some ration packs. Let’s go and eat.”

“Sounds good.”

The courtyard was vast, slick with oil and grimes like many hives had. Tall metal buildings intertwined one another, pipes crawled and spread out like a web. The sun barely poked through the grey smog, giving it a dim light that gave enough to see, but not enough to see far. You walk to your cousins, your crew, your brothers, sitting in a small circle.

“There you are. Come, let’s eat.”

>Eat with your brothers
>Speak with whoever is in charge of the infantry first
>Speak with the sister of the Argent Shroud, you got some words with them
>>
>>5961078
>>Eat with your brothers
You've got to eat when you can.
>>
>>5961078

>Eat with your brothers

Gotta know the rank and file here
>>
>>5961078
>>Eat with your brothers
>>
>>5961078
>>Eat with your brothers

Take the time to breathe.
>>
>>5961128
>>5961133
>>5961211
>>5961300

Counted
>>
There is time to pray, time to work, and time to rest. You sit around your nine cousins.

“Cousin, are you well?”

A man with a sharp chin, a pointed nose, blue eyes, and a chewed up left ear nodded as you sat next to him, he rubbed his freshly shaved stubble. That man was Sergei Hagia, your sergeant and driver.

“I’m fine.”

He handed your freshly heated ration pack, a plastic tray consisting of heated latkes, seared meat, and a canteen full of water. Before you took a bite, you first prayed. You sighed at the end of the prayer, then began eating. Then once you started eating, so did your cousins.

“Cousin, are you sure you’re—” Sergei said.

“He says he’s fine, so wipe that frown blyat, making my food taste like shit.”

Fornal Prokofiev was your comms-operator. A seasoned corporal, his face was sunken, and his body was thin even underneath armor. He kept a light beard, and the dark circle in his eyes were miserable to look at. A fiery fellow, more than the average Vostroyan. Sergei and Fornal were your senior leaders.

“The feth you say?” Sergei growled.

“Enough.” You cut the argument before it sprouted. “Come on, let’s eat.”

“Getting along like an old couple… I can go for some rahzvod right now.”

Your cousins nodded. Some talked, some didn’t, either way you were having your stomach filled.

“So, what’s the plan now cousin?”

You chew the tough meat then swallow it. “We have reinforcement, so we wait for more and go as planned.”

“Did you know they were coming in like that?”

You shake your head. “No, I wish they’d told me.”

After the meal. You

>Joined your cousins wiping the Flowing Don
>Searched for the current leader of the 33rd
>Went to speak with the leader of the sisters
>>
>>5961579

Gotta keep the unit sparkling
>>
>>5961579
>>Joined your cousins wiping the Flowing Don
>>
>>5961579
>>
>>5962122
>>5961835
>>5961586

Update will be tomorrow
>>
Other than time in church, making Flowing Don looking pretty was another activity you enjoyed. There were many baneblades in the Imperial Guard, but this one, this one was yours to command. With the rag in your hand, you wipe the interior’s grimes and grease with the hatch open. That way you get some kind of ventilation, even if the air is bad.

“Cousin, are you finished?” One of your cousin said from the hatch.

“Just about.”

Georgie Prokofiev was the second youngest, a quiet lad that had an expression of a stone, he was lean, quick, and deadly with a bayonet with an average look, not too handsome and not too ugly. He opted to grow a sideburn.

“Our reinforcement is arriving, you might want to finish it up.”

Your eyes widen. “I will.”

Outside, you see only two more baneblades pull up. The first was Battering Ram, Lieutenant Sofia was in charge, a bastard at times but a good man with a bit of humor. Second was Vostroya’s Saber, you heard of Lieutenant Harn, a cold and calculating man with skills to match the name. You walk up to the commanders while wiping your hands.

“Gentlemen.”

“Hagia.” Harn said.

“Hello Hagia. Taking care of Flowing Don like your own daughter as usual I see.” Sofia said.

Their baneblades were beaten up, but it looked like it was still operational just like Flowing Don.

“Where’s the rest of division?”

“Seperated.” Harn said.

“There was an ambush of gene stealers, bastards blew up a building so we got separated. We’ll have to wait until the rest of our company arrives. From the last vox call, the other companies are advancing. Our company is the one still struggling. We now at least know we have genestealers.” Sofia said.

“We’re all scattered then.” You said.

“Mm hmm.” Harn said. “My last vox call was informing the captain we’ll make it here. We were told to wait. But comm’s out. We don’t know if they’re all dead.”

“Looks like your baneblade is patched up well, all polished. Looks like she can go on her own for a quick scouting.” Sofia said.

>“Let’s wait here for the company.”
>“We should try to meet the division at the second rendezvous.”
>“We’ll go scouting, see what's out there.”
>Write-in
>>
>>5963083
>“We’ll go scouting, see what's out there.”
>>
>>5963093
>>“We’ll go scouting, see what's out there.”
>>
>>5963083
>“We should try to meet the division at the second rendezvous.”
>>
>>5963403
>>5963093
Writing
>>
“We’ll go scouting, see what’s out there.”

Sofia patted your shoulder. “Good luck then, we’ll hold down here.”

Har nodded.

“Flowing Don on me!”

Your crew quickly dropped what they had and quickly gathered around you. Their tired yet determined gaze swelled your heart with pride. With a hand resting on the handle of your shaska, you clicked your heels together.

“What’s the plan, cousin?” Sergei said.

“We’re going scouting, eight klicks forward. I’ll speak with the current head for some infantry support.”

“There’s barely any left.”

Urban Kar was also young and his moustache looked like a shaved rat, he was the second most fit. He was your scout should you and your squad needed to fill the infantry lines. While it was rare, there have been times where your crew became a platoon.

“How many do you think they can spare?”

“Half a platoon maybe, I can’t say.” Urban shrugged.

“Then—”

Someone tapped your shoulder. Behind you, five sororitas stood, silent as ever. You were certain you didn’t even hear their footsteps.

“Do you need something?” You said.

[Trait: The faithful]

Somehow, you got the feeling she wanted to offer her squad.

“Uh… are you here to assist us with out scouting?”

The sister in the center nodded.

“You will? I mean— thank you, we’ll give you the frequency for our vox.” You clap your hands. “Let’s move out, Flowing Don!”

You and your crew return to the Flowing Don, and go forward. For the first three klicks, everything seemed the usual. Rubbles and corpses strewn throughout the streets, in the hives encased in dark metals, you saw no alarming things yet. Until, one of the sisters jumped in front Flowing Don.

“Halt halt!”

“Feth!” Sergei shouted. “What is wrong with her?”

You open the hatch, and see the sister beckoning you down. The sister pointed below, you saw a thin wire tied from one lamppost to another.

“Thank you, sister.”

>Remove the trap, and keep going forward.
>There could be more, maybe ask the sisters to scout out
>Have you and your men go
>>
>>
>>5965122
>>Remove the trap, and keep going forward.
>>
>>5965122
>>
>>5965166
>>5965240

Votes counted
>>
You scoot to where Fornal was.

“Sister, can you scout ahead?”

From your seat, you saw the sister nod and two of them move. Your cousins kept their vigilance sharp while you returned to your seat. You hated how quiet this place was. The streets were wide enough for baneblades, but the short buildings and windows made this street a great place for an ambush. Not to mention, these were gene stealters, meaning the tyranids weren’t far.

“So, guess we’re fighting the tyranids soon.”

You sigh. “Most likely yes, last time we were lucky thanks to space marine reinforcement. I’m not sure about this time.”

“This time? You’re so optimistic, cousin.”

“Ah shut up Durani.”

Durani Karl ace was that of a wild beast, slightly hooked and pointed nose, heavy jaw, and broad ears, he would snarl in battle. His use of an axe bayonet attached to the stock was deadly in his hands. Bolter shots, stubber, and lasgun explode. You pull down the binocular, you see the red flashes on the fifth floor of a tall hab-unit then the sisters moving forward against dozen genestealers.

“Look lively!”

You wait for the sister to retreat to your position. The smart idea would be to retreat back to you and let the gunners do the rest. But they have yet to do so.
“Sister, retreat to our position we’ll blast them!”

No replies. As expected.

“What now?” Rivale said.

Seven regular shells, two smoke shells, and three custer shells. Maybe this would be a good opportunity?

>Lead a four man squad to help them
>Stay in the baneblade, they’re sisters
>Warn them to stay back, then have you gunners concentrate fire
>Shoot a regular shell, that’ll clear them out
>>
>>5968366
>Shoot a regular shell, that’ll clear them out
Poke a hole in the building to get more vision
>>
>>5968366
Friendly fire, isn't
>>
>>5968366

Should try to conserve our resources (including womenpower, got a feeling the nuns with guns will come in clutch), we still have plenty of small arms ammo (I think)
>>
>>5968366
>>
>>5969045
>>5968840
>>5968735
Counted
Also update, been job hunting might do update every twp days or something. Job market is a bitch
>>
Darktide - The Torrents Fight Back

“What the feth are they doing they’re not asking for support fire?”

You look again through your binocular then press the laser guidance. The sisters were stil fighting, holding back the swarms of gene stealers. You press the laser guidance on your binocular briefly, then calculate the approximate target. Since the sisters were far from the hordes, they would make it easy.

“Gunners aim where the gene stealers are through the window fire on my go!”

“Yes sir!” Your gunners said in unison.

“Fornal warn them they have ten seconds to feth off!”

“Understood!” Fornal twisted knobs and dials. “This is Flowing Don, you have Seven seconds before we open fire!”

You get your binoculars again. You count down. Seven. Six. Five. Four. Three.

“They’re advancing sir!”

“Throne, what is wrong with them?”

Feth! You see it from your binocular, they are not backing down. You grab Fornal’s vox.

Activated: [Trait: The faithful]

“This is the Flowing Don, we will provide support fire, so make a return to us, the Emperor would not want you to die like this!”

There was a pause, then the vox-call ended. You check your binoculars and you see the sisters backing away.

“Gunners. On my mark. Fire at will!”

A little more, just a litt more and—

“FIRE! RAIN THE EMPEROR’S FURY ON THEM!”

The autocannons roared. Any xenos became chunks of flesh.

“Cease fire!”

Your well trained gunners stopped at once. You see the sisters return.

>Return and report
>Ask the sisters to scout ahead before moving
>Continue moving forward as one
>>
File: (you).jpg (76 KB, 1085x607)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
This is (You), unless you guys have a different suggestion
>>
>>5970167
Not enough of a contact to require reporting, although we could probably vox back to Command about it. We should also probably talk to the Sisters and remind them that Mr HEAT may serve alongside them but he isn't their friend
>>
>>5970167
>>
>>5970926
>>5970546

Counted
>>
The sisters and your baneblade continued to advance. In the midst of the abandoned buildings and street, you saw nothing of notice. Corpses there, wreckages here, the street was quiet. Flowing Don whirled quietly, her blessed machine moved steadily. You arrive at a shopping square.

“I don’t like this place…” Rivale said.

You saw a web of bridges and roads above, and the shops were conjoined into one iron wall with plenty of windows, a perfect place for defending or an ambush. Being in the open was never a good idea. What was more worrying was the lack of enemy encounters, just where were they or how far were they entrenched? You pull your binoculars down and watch for any threats.

“It’s quiet, I hate when it’s quiet. Do you see anything?” Your sergeant said.

“Negative.” You said. “I don’t know what kind of vile strategy they’re pulling but we won’t fall for it. We’ve gone far enough. Fornal, patch the sisters that we’re going.”

“On it.”

You see the sisters pause then look back and nod. The return trip was quiet with no pauses. Back at the courtyard, the guardsmen already fortified this location. You park Flowing Don nearby Battering Ram and Vostroya’s Saber then open the hatch.

“Hagia, how did it look?” Sofia said.

“Small resistance, but that’s what worries me.” You said. “Feels like we’re being baited in.”

“And vox is still down so we don’t know if it’s worth going to the rendezvou point.” Harn said. “We need to make a decision fast.”

>We’re sitting grox here, let’s move to the rendezvou point
>We don’t know what we’re facing out there, let’s wait a little longer and see if our voxes can pick up anything
>We can split the forces for alternative routes, what little we have left that is, and we need to wait longer too
>>
>We can split the forces for alternative routes, what little we have left that is, and we need to wait longer too

The vile Xenos doubtlessly have plans for if we go with options 1 & 2, I say we take 'em by surprise.
On the other hand, I don't really like the idea of splitting up, but I suppose it's better that placidly sitting still waiting for an attack or blindly charging into an ambush.
>>
>>5973910

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.