[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

This quest is the story of the rise or demise of House Duntreow as seen through the eyes of two unlikely characters. Lady Gwynfryd Duntreow is the current heir to the keep of Hallowgrove and the Duntreow legacy. Before Robert’s Rebellion, she was sixth in line to her father’s seat. With enemies and rumors lurking in the shadows, the former lady-in-waiting has a long road to overcoming or harnessing burdens now placed upon her. A fateful counter with a Tyroshi sellsword has placed her on the road home. Vaaro Orlios is the second son of a merchant and former paymaster of a dying free company. The cunning and ofttimes duplicitous sellsword has sensed opportunity through the burgeoning future Lady of Hallowgrove. Time will tell if his instincts will be to the house’s benefit or downfall.

Previous threads: https://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=House%20Duntreow
Character sheets: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kWLdiwaUG4Iqr-zOPQJLVp9ug45R8MSO-3Da77fYENg/edit?usp=sharing
House history and important personages: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17z4CFDMRRmtGowj6oSsNi4-xfb-SOzxijLeZSwMmPe8/edit?usp=sharing
Various PDFs that might be of interest: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gieuIrCoHbYbWdm-BNFQQW_ruLlMTdVu
>>
You are Vaaro Orlios

And you are at the docks watching a ship sail away. A fat bellied trading cog bearing the sigil of House Redwyne. You are only passingly versed in the eccentricities of western sigils, but any man with a taste for finer vintages can pick out the grapes of the Arbormen. A trading house, surely, and worthy of respect. Beyond that, it is a sigil your former allies of the Stepstones would know. Only the most desperate or stupid of crews would chance to sack a wine cog on a return voyage to Oldtown. That would mean thieving from a trade syndicate such as your father’s. Very bad for one’s livelihood. With that consideration, you dared not trust your fiery haired nest egg to any other. The Lady Gwynfryd was even given cabin by the ship’s captain, a man of her coloring. You had asked if they were kinsman to which only the Lady Ellyn found sense to laugh.

You have never seen Gwynfryd laugh. Even her rare smiles are fleeting, forced things. With her so tightly wound, you had thought to grant her and you both some relief. With her a widow, doubtless that is what she needs. She had every excuse. Blame the strongwine, blame the pleasure house, blame her debts to you, but she chose instead to keep her legs shut in the name of duty. Her person is only for her future lord. Her lordly father has expectations of her and would never suffer you at her side. After all she has suffered, she will not be set aside for one of her cousins over a tumble in the sheets. Her conviction was hard to fault, though her implications of your unworthiness were equally hard to stomach. A large part of you wanted to ruin your invested interest in her right then and there. A few moons serving a pleasure house would fix her notions of worth. But your father taught to place business first. She did have more favorable parting words, or near enough.

A lady has her own desires.

Words to soothe your pricked pride, or the honest truth. That much remains to be seen, though she spoke the words with the sort of daring she mustered on the Stepstones, a reminder of what bestirred you to take action and leave that forsaken rock in the past. It occurs that her desires might be clouded by her outrage over… differences in belief, just as you have felt prickly in turn by her lack of appreciation.
>>
>>5967804
Whatever the cause of her coldness, her younger cousin does not seem so ailed. Ellyn of Duntreow proved to be a more spirited companion on your errands. You would daresay her enjoyment of the pleasure house rivaled that of Noren. You remember her getting comfortable in your lap and questioning her new whore friend for words in your tongue. No amount of drink would make you forget her roughly accented ojenilla breathed into your neck. But for the prudishness of her now-departed cousin, you might have taken the teasing further. Now, the girl leans over the stone wall, staring forlornly at the sea and the departing ship. Or she is simply bored. She did say as much a half hour back.

You await Harlor’s arrival alongside Ellyn and Noren, the latter still recovering from his latest attempt to indebt himself to the pleasure house. Harlor is to bring along your remaining Westerosi, the squire boy who is due at the smithy and Joslyn Meadows, your current cash crop awaiting a hefty ransom of two hundred pieces of gold… if her family can pay. Word of the Reach’s wealth is assuring, but there are masters and there are toilers. It did not escape your notice that the girl’s father is not himself a great lord but rather some sort of knight in service to a lordly uncle. He may yet be of means, though. The steel and horses of their knights are hardly cheap. That this one has managed to clothe a noble lady in enough silk to whelp a daughter must mean he has his own incomes.

Regardless, the girl is to be sheltered by your own family until such a time as she can be ransomed. You are on good terms with your family and have no doubt they would accommodate such as simple request. You are eager to see them. That it has taken two days to make way across the city is a detail you’ll leave out of greetings, but the delay was needed. Appearances are of importance to you. Taking a sellsword’s path was not a decision met with a round of approvals. Best if you do not give cause for any further complaints. It would not have done to return home looking shabby with a baggage train of dirty Westerosi in tow. One or two would be acceptable. Eight would have been tasteless. And that does leave the matter of Ellyn. Lumping her in with the Reach girl as a house guest could serve, but there are other purposes you might turn her towards. As if intruding on your mind, she turns from her sea gazing and catches your eye, giving you a wolfish grin. Having reached a decision, you offer a slight smile in return.
>>
>>5967807
On Lady Ellyn Duntreow
>You will free her and take her as a paramour. She could lend weight to your appearance when you pay respects to your family, and growing her affections for you might serve as insurance for your investment in the House of Duntreow.
>You simply want her out of your way and out of your thoughts. You will leave her as she is and quarter her alongside Joslyn Meadows in your family’s holdings.
>You are in the mood to mix pettiness and business. You will either sell her or lend her somewhere to work off the cost of her freedom. Ellyn's dutiful cousin may come to her rescue later if it is not beneath her.
>Something else.
>>
>>5967810
>>Something else.
Keep her as Vaaro's own concubine and make a petty game of freeing her eventually, she still benefits from his protection and has a way forward but its wrapped up in something of a game for Vaaro to enjoy.
>>
>>5967810
>>You will free her and take her as a paramour. She could lend weight to your appearance when you pay respects to your family, and growing her affections for you might serve as insurance for your investment in the House of Duntreow.
Although I wouldn't be terribly opposed to something like >>5967825 so long as introducing her to our family as a slave then later freeing her and taking her as a concubine wouldn't result in any reputational loss.
>>
>>5967810
> You simply want her out of your way and out of your thoughts. You will leave her as she is and quarter her alongside Joslyn Meadows in your family’s holdings.
>>
>>5967839
I think that freeing her and meeting the family with her not as a slave implies a more serious relationship is at the least in the works, while I myself am not opposed to that down the road, Ellyn hasn't done all that much more than Gwynfryd beyond a willingness to get lewd and the point of that isn't entirely open to Vaaro yet besides currying his favor.
>>
>>5967825
>Keep her as Vaaro's own concubine and make a petty game of freeing her eventually, she still benefits from his protection and has a way forward but its wrapped up in something of a game for Vaaro to enjoy.

Supporting this - seems pretty in character
>>
>>5967810
>>You will free her and take her as a paramour. She could lend weight to your appearance when you pay respects to your family, and growing her affections for you might serve as insurance for your investment in the House of Duntreow.
>>
>>5967810
>>5967825
Support. Maybe a fancier collar in the future?
>>
>>5967810
>>5967839
This. Either is fine with me unless the write-in is devaluing her future worth if we decide to make her more official. Freed slaves could be considered lower status. IC would that make a difference to Vaaro here?
>>
>>5967810
>You will free her and take her as a paramour. She could lend weight to your appearance when you pay respects to your family, and growing her affections for you might serve as insurance for your investment in the House of Duntreow.
>>
>>5968036
>unless the write-in is devaluing her future worth if we decide to make her more official. Freed slaves could be considered lower status. IC would that make a difference to Vaaro here?

In the hypothetical that she is presented as a slave and later as a free woman, yes that would diminish her social worth to some. That is counterbalanced a bit by her nobler birth and that Tyrosh does not tattoo the faces of former slaves. Vaaro's immediate family might think it's a little weird, but plenty of respected people have gotten away with far more degenerate acts. Few others would take note of it. IC it's a bit of a wash whether the perception would matter to him.
>>
Is "freeing" her an actual legal thing we have to do, or is it just "you're free, congrats"? If it's just that, I don't think her thinking she is "free" matters. Just tell her she's a hostage until Gywn returns and decide what to do with her long term later. If it does make him look a bit weird to his family, atleast express to them she's not actually a slave just a hostage (even if she is, then if she has to keep her collar on it doesn't matter)
>>
>>5968105
>Is "freeing" her an actual legal thing we have to do, or is it just "you're free, congrats"?

More the latter. The collar itself is the major symbol here and, if I'm understanding the intent correctly, the major deciding factor with the write-in. Being presented as a free paramour means she's seated at the table. She eats with you and can freely converse with your family as if they are of close-enough standing. It is also reasonable to think that she is more likely to grow to view their relationship as that of an actual couple. She would still be mostly dependent on Vaaro's good graces and is a hostage in all but name, but she could more easily escape if conditions are not to her liking or if an enticing opportunity presents itself.

Leaving the collar on marks her as a lesser, a servant. Citizens, including your family, might take insult if she was to try mingling with them without your leave. She should not be dressed too fashionably like a free woman and would be expected to attend you. It's hardly suited for a traditional courtship, but it comes with other benefits. There has been a consistent characterization for Vaaro to want to humble one or both of the Duntreow women, and the write-in does fit with that purpose. She would be entirely dependent on Vaaro. Whether she resents this dynamic or grows into it would probably depend on further play. Escape with a collar is also bordering on stupid. Any who would harbor her would be subject to harsh punishment. If someone is caught removing her collar, they would end up wearing one in turn.

Just to clarify, my comment on his family thinking the dynamic is a little weird would be for transitioning Ellyn in their eyes from the status of a slave to that of free paramour. General expectations on him are lower as he has no formal inheritance as a second son. If Ellyn is introduced as free, then whatever. A little odd with her foreign mannerisms and harshly accented tongue, but a good name is a good name and boys will be boys. Conversely, a young male adventurer with a female slave is not uncommon either. It is more that someone like his mother would be confused at the later elevation of a slave and wonder as to why he did not simply let her arrange a match with her friend's daughter from a good family, etc., etc. Obviously dice and write-ins can influence things as usual, but these should be Vaaro's general IC assumptions on the decorum of it all.
>>
>>5968143
Thanks. I won't vote on this, I don't know what's the better mindfuck for Gwyn for her to comeback to Ellyn freely dangling from Vaaro's arm with no intention of going back to Westeros (if he played his cards right) or her being led around on a proverbial leash.
>>
>>5967810
>>5968143
Considering the context, I'd like to change my vote >>5968011 to freeing her. I think the best thing for Vaaro would be to engender loyalty amongst the Duntreows, and whether Gwyn is jealous of our treatment of Elly or not, she will appreciate us freeing her kin from slavery. Also, I think the gravity of any humbling action would be greater if she was freed, some kind of "You are free to leave but you cling to me despite yourself" mind game.
>>
>>5967810
>>
>>5968011
That would be a great idea, something akin to a choker or a smaller collar of silver chains maybe?

>some kind of "You are free to leave but you cling to me despite yourself" mind game.
see thats what I was going for, I might be thinking rather long term though. In any case Gwynfryd will likely not be back for months at best, longer if Vaaro goes to the disputed lands so there's plenty of time to ''housebreak'' Ellyn so to speak.
>>
>>5967810
>>
>>5968143
With this in mind I'm definitely voting for the "freeing and paramour" option.
Freeing from the beginning seems like the better play, she is useful as a noble-born ally and paramour in a way that she isn't useful as a slave or even former slave. And having her not be allowed to eat at the table or converse freely with our family seems like a lost opportunity as far as rp goes.
>>
Goddamit I just find freeing her to be so bloody boring.
>>
>>5967810
I do support turning it into an amusing game though
>>
>>5967810
>>You simply want her out of your way and out of your thoughts. You will leave her as she is and quarter her alongside Joslyn Meadows in your family’s holdings.
why would you want slop as a paramour. do you bed with pigs?
>>
Tuesday keeps ending up being the busiest day of the week for me. With it being this late already, I'm going to push back the update to tomorrow night for quality's sake and make it a little longer.

I'm going to call the vote in favor of freeing/paramour. I will be taking all the discussion into consideration, though. Ulterior motives will be taken into consideration for shows of favor. He is Cunning 5 with the Treacherous benefit and generally not altruistic. Humbling, games, and maintaining the power dynamic are all in character for Vaaro.

Ellyn is going to need at least a basic set of clothes and basic scents to be presentable. That should only set you back ~2 silver, leaving you with 45 silver remaining. Provided there are no other major expenditures, that is still enough to live/eat/drink comfortably for over a month (think ~1 silver a day), or for several months if you are frugal. With that in mind:

>You will insist on Ellyn dying at least part of her hair in the Tyroshi fashion. [spend 10 silver]
>She is fine without it. [do not spend]
>Additional write-ins for anything else you would like to purchase before meeting with family?
>>
>>5968604
Maybe if he gets some disposable money, but the money Vaaro is currently left with should be kept for opportunities and emergencies.
>>
>>5968604
>You will insist on Ellyn dying at least part of her hair in the Tyroshi fashion. [spend 10 silver]
>Additional write-ins for anything else you would like to purchase before meeting with family?

Give her a ridiculous rainbow, It will be a great mark of winning her over. I know we're a bit strapped for now but I'd like to get her something akin to what Vaaro bought Gwynfryd but more shameful and cheaper if necessary.

Additionally something that she can see as a gift but can also be construed as a tramp stamp by others who might have a bit more knowledge but considering how low we're running I can settle for this later.
>>
>>5968604
>>You will insist on Ellyn dying at least part of her hair in the Tyroshi fashion. [spend 10 silver]
gimmy a blue haired, sjw queen
>>
>>5968604

Supporting

Plus this
>something that she can see as a gift but can also be construed as a tramp stamp by others who might have a bit more knowledge

Nothing elobrate though
>>
>>5968604
>>
>>5968604
>>
>>5968604
If we have a Westerosi noble paramour we might as well advertise it instead of making her look Essosi. Maybe when we've got more money later.
>>
>>5968794
A westerosi paramour is not haute couture, the city states of essos are prize their cultural identity above most stuff from Westeros.
>>
>>5968798
I only know of Lynesse Hightower as a Westerosi concubine from the books as someone of big prestige, but I expect that she is very beautiful and Hightowers no-diff prestige mog us into oblivion, that being said she's not his wife, she's a mistress and he's showing off his exotic, aristocrat mistress not his loyal, proud wife.
>>
>>5968801
my point was she's not exotic or fashionable anon, Westerosi in terms of fashion are considered drab and dull in comparison to any Essos state and in terms of exoticism they are dime a dozen as geographical neighbours and again, drab, dull and boring unless they have status, beauty or piles of wealth or have otherwise intergrated themselves into the city they are in.

like say Dying their hair.
>>
>>5968604

A streak of blue for her eyes.
>>
>>5968604
>>You will insist on Ellyn dying at least part of her hair in the Tyroshi fashion. [spend 10 silver]
>>
File: Tyroshi Ellyn.jpg (145 KB, 900x941)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
Writing for the dye.

>Can I get 3 rolls of 3d6 and 1 roll of 5d6?
>>
>>5969233
dice+3d6
>>
Rolled 5, 3, 6 = 14 (3d6)

>>5969233
>>
Rolled 1, 2, 1, 3, 5 = 12 (5d6)

>>5969233
>>
>>5969240
oof, thats not great.
>>
Rolled 1, 5, 2 = 8 (3d6)

>>5969233
>>
>>5969233
>That edit

took me a moment, nice work.
>>
Rolled 5, 4, 6 = 15 (3d6)

>>5969233
>>
>>5969236
1 degee of success for dye convince
>>5969240
fail by 1 for dye discount
>>5969248
charm fail for putting Joslyn Meadows more at ease after dropping off the squire
>>5969272
2 degrees of success for seduce on Ellyn
>>
File: Vaaro.jpg (72 KB, 564x705)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
You let your gaze drop from Ellyn, your mind made up. For the coin you’ve invested thus far, you might as well make a paramour of her. Thought was given towards her older cousin filling that purpose, but this one will make for fine enough arm decoration if nothing else. None are like to stop you, least of all the wench herself. Your companions have been paid off, and Ellyn has proven to be about as lusty as one could hope for. It’s just a matter of keeping her mind out of lofty places. Last you need is her taking on her cousin’s haughtiness.

You catch sight of Harlor arriving with the two young ones in tow, putting an end to your musings and allowing for the day to begin in earnest. The hike back up to the smithy is far more bearable this early in the day. The cobblestones do not yet shimmer with heat, and ample shade is provided by awnings and the shadows of buildings. The Westerosi children are as glum as ever. Doubtless unsure yet unsure of her place in your party, Ellyn walks aside the youths though without the familiarity or mothering of her departed cousin. It occurs she is of no relation to the House of Meadows. You’re not quite sure if Gwynfryd’s journey to the Reach is of any comfort to her at all. A thought for later. For now, you are more interested in your last two truly loyal companions.

“Now that you’ve both beggared me, for what will you use the coin?” you ask Harlor and Noren. Neither has been so wealthy in their lifetimes, but they are sellswords through and through. Their earnings will be sand through an hourglass much the same as yours were. Then it will be onto the next venture and the cycle will continue.

“I aim to fuck Ahroreah,” Noren says.

“The owner of the pleasure house? You’ve called her a hag,” you say.

Experienced I meant,” he says. “She’s younger than Harlor.”

“Still don’t mean you’re not one’ve her discarded runts,” Harlor tells him. “She won’t have you.”

“Fuck off. I knew my mother. Anyway, that’s what makes it all the sweeter, the sport of it. She will say no and then she will see the gold. Half her whores just lay there, but I reckon not her. Must’ve learned some filthy tricks to afford her house,” Noren explains.

“Just so,” you agree. “What of you, Harlor?”

“A man has debts,” Harlor says.

“Your innkeep has debts,” you correct.

“Aye her, too. It’s not charity. Her second daughter is mine. I’m sure’ve it. She has my look,” Harlor says.

“Poor girl,” Noren quips.

Harlor shoots him a dirty look and more loudly continues, “And I thought to dower her proper like.”

“If you’re paying, might be I’m buying. Double up my earnings,” Noren offers.

“You insult her looks and now you want her?” Harlor growls.

“More he insulted yours,” you point out.
>>
>>5969437
“Fret not my friend. I’d fuck you after a few brandies,” Noren assures Harlor and hurriedly quickens his pace. The older sellsword makes a show of shouting and chasing as you and Noren both laugh at his expense. Their bantering and playing gives you leave to test waters with your remaining Duntreow lady.

“I had power to remove your collar, what would you do?” you casually ask.

“Anything,” Ellyn quickly answers.

“Anything?” you repeat.

“Yes,” she desperately says.

“I do have that power,” you tell her. “I bought out my companions. You are mine.”

“I am. I am yours, ser…” she starts.

“I had thought to take you as a paramour,” you tell her.

“Like the Dornish? Like a mistress?” she asks.

“If you like,” you say.

“I do. I told you last night, I only want you,” she says. You remember it a little differently, and it was two nights ago. She had confessed to seeking you out for fear of being used as a whore by others. You just happen to be the preferable option. It will do for now, though.

“I will think on it,” you say before leaving her to her own thoughts and rejoining the others. You already know what needs to be done, but she should be more grateful for your consideration.

Retracing steps to the smithy proves easier than finding it in your previous explorations. This corner of the city is one you rarely frequented in your youth, though old memories of accompanying your father in his dealings do stick out. Having been born during the early rise of the Tyrant, your brother has several years on you. There was little doubt as to your place in succession, but your father still indulged your curiosities of his work and occasionally brought you along to meetings with the other guilds and syndicates such as the one that claims this very smithy as a member.

Thoroquo Esselar is not so long in appearances this time. He smiles and feigns pleasant surprise at your diligence in attending business. Why would you not? The quality of your armor might be at stake. One of the older apprentices wraps an arm about the shoulder of the now very confused squire Alesander. You were not like to explain to him his fate on the stroll and risk a needless flight or fight. Now, it is no longer your problem. Nor that of Thoroquo, really. The older boys will keep him in line. You do have one more ask of the smith, though. You bring Ellyn forward.

“Would you do me the honor of seeing this color removed?” you ask him.

“You are sure of this?” the smith cautiously asks, looking to the other two free Tyroshi in witness. To remove a slave’s collar without consent of an owner is to put oneself into that very same collar.
>>
>>5969438
“I bought out my companion’s shares in this one. She is mine alone,” you assure him, then switch to the common western speak. You know the smith has a passing understanding of it. “I will not be seen with a collared paramour.”

Ellyn weeps for your mercy, enough so that you must tell her to compose herself for the smith to see to his work. It might just be the most you have received words of genuine thanks, an awkward feeling, doubly so with respected onlookers. You endure your companions’ lighthearted japes as you must, grateful the wench doesn’t fully understand them. It is only when you take your leave of the master smith and begin the trek further into the city that your first true snag occurs.

It is when you are strolling down the winding waterways back towards your family’s residence that Joslyn Meadows seems be reaching her limits. The casual pace of your stroll is hardly winding. You suspect it is more that she has taken the departure of the squire very poorly. They were companions of sort in captivity on the Stepstones. With the numbers of those known to her so dwindling, it is of no surprise she is glummer than her usual. You take a moment to speak more at her level, hoping to lift spirits enough to make it back up the hill before midday strikes.

“Fear not, girl. You will not be sold. Your cousin goes to your father for ransom. He is a knight, yes? He will come for you,” you assure her. She does not take your words well, though, and only cries harder. You step back. Wounded beasts are more easily soothed than distraught children. Ellyn does step in to help calm her and is able to get her walking again, but the girl gives you a look of hatred almost out of place on her fair features. It is plain she no longer counts you as a friend.

You cross over a stone bridge with a canal beneath, a familiar spot and a marker of the nearness of your destination. It brings a genuine smile to your face. The shops are more vibrant so close to home. It is a place of a different class of merchant. Purveyors of finer goods and more lucrative trades, dyers and spicers mostly, are more commonplace here. Pointed hat city watchmen are even better garbed in fine silk capes and dyed leather tunics laced with silver rings. The eyes of a pair of them linger upon your party. Their finery was bought by the merchant syndicates and came with the expectation that the dregs of the docks would not be allowed to cut purses this side of the waterway.
>>
>>5969439
You are dressed to meet your family, though, dissuading immediate reprisals. Harlor and Noren are just on the side of passable, but Ellyn could use a little work. Her dress and shoes are in a poor state. Couple the drabness of her garb and her uncolored hair… you cannot bring her in front of your family like this. Instead, you make for a row of shops with her and leave the others to browse the unfamiliar luxuries of the district’s main thoroughfare.

The first shop is for a dye for Ellyn’s hair. They are expensive, but that is half the point. Like any other article of higher fashion, it is greatly appealing if applied correctly. With her eyes, you know what needs to be done. It will be a test of sorts. It is rarer for her kind to indulge in the dying of hair and even then, they tend to stick to hues as dull as their clothing. You select a deep blue vial and another smaller vial of rose oil for scent.

“What is that for?” Ellyn asks.

“Your hair,” you reply.

“Oh, no. There is no need. Seven, my mother would die,” Ellyn nervously laughs.

“As would mine should I bring you to her looking like a slave,” you tell her. “Do you want to be liked or no?”

“Oh. I suppose I hadn’t considered… I… well, I suppose I should,” she relents.

As is expected of such an establishment, a slave girl applies the dye in a marbled basin of flowing water. You note the girl’s hands are blackened from the remnants of the myriad of dyes that she has applied. The price of beauty. Well, the beauty of others at any rate. From there, you briefly try to haggle with the shopkeep, but the vulture of a man throws a veritable fit to the point where you simply slap down your coin and leave. The old bugger is somewhat familiar from your earlier years living near here, though you don’t recall him being half so unpleasant of mood. A bad day or a sign of your old youthful outlook coloring views.

“Are you certain I can wear this?” Ellyn asks in the next shop, a rather expansive host of seamstresses’ wares. She has donned a comfortable linen tunic of plain design. It drapes just above her knees and is cinched at her waist by a silk sash. And that’s it beyond the colored hose leggings tied off higher up beneath the tunic. To her chagrin, you insisted on new and more tolerable smallclothes as well, but those still need to be purchased. For now, she must go without.

“Have you not seen others dressed like this?” you ask in return. She surely has. Some courtesans and the rarer adventuring women prefer the style. To many, it does imply a certain willingness and sensuality.
>>
>>5969440
“A few…” she frowns in thought. “But I had thought they were… I suppose it is different here.”

“A woman can dress this way if she likes. I grant this for those who are more exciting… I thought you were. Is this not so?” you say.

“I am,” she insists. “I am not a shrew. If you are paying, then that is good enough for me.”

“Good. Then you are nearly ready,” you say as you take out the rose scented perfume. “A little scent is all you need.”

You brush a small amount onto her neck with your fingertip, then take her hands in yours and rub more onto her wrists. She looks to your far more intently now, all thought of garb forgotten. You slip a hand up the tunic and between her thighs for a startled gasp, taking extra care to apply the scent to where it matters most. Ellyn lets out an unintended moan and wraps her arms around you. A woman of the shop looks over and starts loudly grumbling to herself over the gods damned sellswords and courtesans, so you pull back your hand and move to settle payment.

“Are we ready?” Harlor greets as you rejoin the others.

“She’s ready,” you confirm. The old sellsword’s brows raise at Ellyn’s new look and carefree smile, but he lacks a witty response.

You continue onwards, ascending a winding path that takes you closer to the black walls. They wreath only a small portion of the city and seem small in the distance, but they are a far more ominous reminder of the Old Empire up close. Those privileged to reside within the walls are the envy of all ambitious Tyroshi, particularly those of means who live so close to the physical reminder of old wealth. It is not long before you find the painted door of your childhood home. You get a strange feeling that it is smaller than you last remembered. It is made up of two buildings, a storefront and a warehouse, the latter purchased as your father expanded his influence. Above both are the living quarters, though one must go through the store to reach them.

You enter. A familiar slave catches sight of you and hurriedly rings a bell. Your mother comes out first and gasps.

On Vaaro’s interactions with family
>You are more formal with them. They are treasured family, but you were raised in your father’s businesslike shadow. In a way, you come to them now more as a potential partner than a wayward son.
>You are tender and affectionate with them. It is a side of you that only comes out in moments with your loved family.
>You are more boastful than usual with them, perhaps flamboyant by some measure. Being home after so long brings out the youthful spirit that led you to adventure in the first place.
>Something else.
>>
>>5969441
>>You are tender and affectionate with them. It is a side of you that only comes out in moments with your loved family.
>>
>>5969441
>Something else.
Father and older brother are more formal and buisness like, Mother is kind of a preening peacock (she was from a richer family) but is much warmer. Most of Vaaro's siblings have tried to get out from under both at some point through various ways, Vaaro just took the one that takes the most consistent travel.

Father and brother have both worked incredibly hard to break into high society to obviously little success I want to say the brother has his eye set on some high society woman
>>
>>5969441
>You are tender and affectionate with them. It is a side of you that only comes out in moments with your loved family.
>>
Can we be tender towards our family, excluding dad who we're more formal with? I don't know what this family is like, but it would be a bit strange to be like that towards siblings if we're tight-knit. If not
Atleast we have additional revenge targets as well for TOTAL GWYN VICTORY
>>5968807
It doesn't matter now, but had I seen this I would have changed my vote. Dying won out anyway.
>>
>>5969441
>You are more boastful than usual with them, perhaps flamboyant by some measure. Being home after so long brings out the youthful spirit that led you to adventure in the first place.
>>
>>5969441

I like this with his ruthless streak outside the family home
>>
>>5969734
>>5969478
But to add, I will back some extra formality with dad and maybe brother(s?). The posts so far show we respect the dad and the brother is older by a few years
>>
>>5969441
>>You are tender and affectionate with them. It is a side of you that only comes out in moments with your loved family.
>>
>>5969441
> Something else.

Backing this
>>5969478
Most families aren’t “all or nothing”. E.g family dinner where you get along with some but not all

I think formal / business with his father and brother, while intimate with others makes sense.
>>
>>5969441
>>
Sorry for the delays. I have family in town and haven't had a lot of time to sit down and write. I will have posts ready for saturday and sunday nights.
>>
File: Marea Orlios.jpg (65 KB, 564x705)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
Marea Orlios, your mother, peeks out from the storeroom curtain at the slave’s bell ringing. She gasps and rushes out, kissing you on both cheeks and squeezing you in a tight hug before unleashing the torrent of words you’ve come to expect of her.

“No letters, no word! You were taught to write, yes? Where have you been? You have lost weight! Who are these?” your mother abruptly shifts her attentions to your companions. She pays only cursory greetings to Harlor and Noren. She has seen them before if only in passing. Her focus in more upon Joslyn and Ellyn. “And I know I taught you better manners, did I not? Introduce them.”

“Lady Ellyn Duntreow and Lady Joslyn Meadows. I found them in the Stepstones. The girl is to be ransomed. Ellyn is my paramour,” you explain as if discussing. Your mother can barely contain her excitement and immediately begins fawning over Ellyn. The Meadows girl with her simple hair and timid disposition is all but ignored. Or it is just that you have never brought a woman home before. Your last flame was wary of the attention. Ellyn fumbles a curtsey at the beginning of the fawning, made all the more awkward by the unfamiliar length of her garb and your mother insisting on kissing her cheeks. Mother continues in a stream of Tyroshi before you talk over her to remind Ellyn does not speak it.

“No? She must learn. Does she not want to? The poor girl is so shy! Is she not pleased by you? Do you not give her gifts? No jewels. I like her hair,” mother says.

She repeats the last in the common tongue of the west to Ellyn’s thanks. Her accent is heavy, and she would likely miss some nuances is speech, but you think they can at least communicate. Mother seems to think the same and begins her fawning anew.

“Might we not rest before you nag her for her entire life story? Where is everyone else?” you ask.

“Am I not enough for my sweet little boy?” she pouts.

“Of course you are. But where are they?” you repeat.

“Your father is… out,” Mother vaguely waves. “I do not know what he does with his days. He will be back for supper. Varelio is with him. And the others…” she brightly excuses herself from Ellyn to step over to the door leading to the backyard gardens and yells unceremoniously for the others to join her.
>>
>>5971879
To no one’s surprise, Adarios is first to come running. He runs everywhere. The happy, boisterous boy of six is your nephew and Varelio’s firstborn. He carries a wooden sword and nearly pokes you with it when he tackles you in a hug. His younger sister Melina is not far behind, she never is from her brother, and joins the hug. Her little smile is infectious enough to bring one to your own face. Sallero appears next, your cousin and nephew to your father, seeming disinterested until brightening at sight of you. You note he has styled himself near enough to a bravo with a short sword conspicuous on his person. His own father would still be in Pentos. Your uncle was brought into the business by your father, but it was a role he was not suited for. You know he acquitted himself poorly enough in dealings to risk bringing shame upon the family name. His posting in Pentos as a manager of syndicate holdings has allowed him to save some outward face. Privately, your brother told you the posting really has him as a figurehead of little value.

Nesirah, wife to your brother Varelio and mother of the little ones, follows behind your younger kin. She favors you with a muted though genuine smile. Through her flowing brocade dress, you see she is again heavy with child. Surely a welcome joy for your family and testament to her virtues. You know she holds no love for your brother. He was something of a poor match for her to begin with and spoiled matters further through his whoring. You remember their fighting from when you were still only half a man and dabbling with your bravo’s blade. Your tongue was sharp then, too. In times when Varelio would storm off to his courtesans leaving Nesirah to cry in the gardens, you would mock him to her benefit. Those moments saw her regard you as more than merely her husband’s boy brother. By the time of your leaving, you both were something of true friends. It is not that you do not show your brother respect in front of others, though. The gap in your ages and his place as heir to your father’s businesses demanded as much, but he never impressed you in the way your father did. That is not to say he is entirely hopeless. Last you saw of him, Varelio was at least trying harder to mummer your father’s mannerisms, at least around watchful eyes. Time will tell if that was but an early sign of his changing of ways.

“You came back,” Nesirah notes as the children still climb upon you. You extract yourself to kiss her cheek as you should.

“As I said I would,” you say.

“Without word for us to prepare supper,” Mother says, then adds. “He brought his sellsword friends and his paramour. Isn’t she a lovely little thing?”
>>
>>5971880
“Does she have a voice?” Nesirah asks, now as fixated on Ellyn as your mother. The words are doubtless lost, but it is clear to Ellyn that she is being addressed.

“Pleased to meet you, my lady,” Ellyn says in her own tongue. For her part, she does not seem overwhelmed by all the attention, more just out of depth. Nesirah replies in kind politely enough, though her judgement is apparent.

“I am going to the market for food and taking Ellyn with me. We simply must have more time to talk,” your mother announces. Ellyn looks to you when the words are repeated for her understanding, but you merely shrug. There is nothing to be done of it. It is her duty to take on the burden of answering endless questions in your stead.

You spend the midday playing in the gardens with your niece and nephew, getting into mock sword fights and generally keeping them happy, even enlisting Harlor’s surprisingly useful help. Noren sleeps in the shade, and their mother generally contents her with lounging and watching. It is only when the two children are whisked away by house servants to be cleaned for supper that you are given time to converse more freely with your cousin and goodsister.

“Tell us more of the Stepstones, cousin,” Sallero urges.

“Sallero wishes to be a sellsword now,” Nesirah tells you, her tone clear she thinks little of the notion. She disapproved of you taking this path as well. To be in trade and business is held as a nobler pursuit than the sword. That is to say nothing of the other simple truth, Sallero is not you. He is a dreamer and gentle at heart. He might well weep to take a life. If he gets such a chance. His prowess with a blade is middling to be kind. Still, in name and perhaps more, he is his father’s son. Few other doors would be open to him.

“You may mock if you wish. My life is my own,” Sallero tells Nesirah. “I would make a name of myself and come home triumphant.”

“With a paramour on your arm and your mother sick with worry. I am sure that is all you dream of,” Nesirah throws back. She says it teasingly to Sallero and gets him flustered as can be, but the words are meant for you.

“What more to life must there be than a beautiful woman and one’s own pride?” you return.

“A beautiful woman,” she repeats. “Yours is pretty in a wild sort of way. What do you think Sallero? Could you do better than our Vaaro?”
>>
>>5971881
Your cousin does not know what to make of that or how to answer. You change the topic for him in asking, “How fares my brother?”

“He has not changed,” Nesirah tells you, avoiding the details for Sallero’s listening.

“No? I had thought him overtaxed with business,” you say.

“He is. At all hours and with all sorts. It is enough to make a lady worry. I wish there were someone to speak sense to him. He keeps too many in council, but they are friends of fair weather,” she says. Her words to you hint that your brother is still whoring and keeping poor company with little real change. Moreover, she is suggesting that you intervene and speak to him of it. She has never asked this of you before. To do so now when you have only just returned speaks of her desperation.

On another sellsword in the family
>Encourage your cousin to make his own path as a sellsword or whatever else takes his fancy.
>Tell your cousin the family needs him more in business. He may prove to be a better man than his father was.
>Something else.

On your brother
>You will not intervene in his affairs. It is not your place, and his failings are his own to learn from.
>You will intervene. His failings are the family’s failings. It is your name and that of your loved ones at stake.
>You will consider intervening, but only if there is something in it for you. [open for creative suggestions and/or what she comes up with]
>Something else.
>>
>>5971882
>Something else.
"A savvy lad can do better than to cut their valor from another man's throat. Poetry and arts are a much more elegant form of wooing paramours, if that is something you dream of. If I were so gifted, I am sure my hands would be cleaner and my heart would be lighter, not to mention those of my family, but alas, I am a bloodthirsty pirate! Fated to keep my loved ones sick with worry, keeping company with burly men."

On your brother
>You will consider intervening, but only if there is something in it for you.
It is not quite our place to be dictating the life of our elder brother, and risky to the family dynamic to even broach the topic. We will discuss it with our Father, show concern, see if we can find a suitable angle to approach this. I believe we want what is best for our family, and it could be disastrous if the inheritance is passed down only to crumble from poor priorities and lax judgement, so it is genuine cause for concern.
If Father blows us off, we may have to stay in Tyrosh a while until we have a good grasp of the situation and a backup plan.
Perhaps we could propose a merchant caravan to the upcoming battles in the disputed lands? We are capable fighters, it would be a good opportunity to bolster our crew, and there is always profit to be made in war. It would be a good opportunity to influence our brother as well, and chance for him to prove himself a capable merchant while Father manages business at home.
>>
>>5971882
>Something else.
Real talk him, Fighting is just the poorer, more lusty cousin of business and to ignore the wisdom of one over the excitement of the other is to be made all the poorer and it's debtors are lethal.

I think our most recent escape is a great example of how you can be ruined by it, sure we returned with a paramour but we had to escape a situation that could have turned very nasty and are not a lot richer for our ransoming, no amount of killing of bravado would have made it better.

On your brother
>You will consider intervening, but only if there is something in it for you. [open for creative suggestions and/or what she comes up with]

Seconding >>5971888 its a good way to show we still have an interest in our families business even if we took a different road, at the very least we can keep an eye on his dealings and any preoccupations he might have in them.

The Caravan is a great idea though probably best to not do the disputed lands. Maybe we could offer to make it a shared venture if our father extends his name to get us a small loan?

Our brothers wife is a good woman and doesn't deserve him
>>
>>5971882
>Encourage your cousin to make his own path as a sellsword or whatever else takes his fancy.
There are rumours of war breaking out. If he wants to do it, now is the time while he is young. Get it out of his system and then get into the family business (after he gets some life experience; in particular that there isn’t anything romantic/glamorous about being a sellsword, it’s the kind of job you plan your exit strategy on day 1)

> [see what she comes up with]

Sellswords pick their battles. While we’re obviously sympathetic to her situation, what can she offer us? I’m not sure in what world an entitled and immature heir would take advice from a younger brother, so what can she offer us in exchange for potentially (depending on dice rolls) making our brother resent us.
>>
>>5971882
Did we smash with Nesirah before? She is quick to judge Ellyn. Her reaction is a lot harsher than our mom's. Is she the old flame? Maybe one of the 3 kids is his

With the caveat that I support the write-ins for telling him it's not an easy life for most

She is asking us to risk our family relationship. If he blows up on us we aren't going to be as welcome here. I think what we need in return the most is information. The kind of stuff the others won't bring up. Blackmail and other info on rivals or allies to the house that we can use to gain influence
>>
>>5971882
>Something else.
I wouldn't dissuade him, but I'd tell him about all the downsides as well. Seeing friends die, shitty conditions, getting stiffed on pay, boring do-nothing jobs, etc.
>You will intervene. His failings are the family’s failings. It is your name and that of your loved ones at stake.
Don't see any reason why not.

>>5971897
>Our brothers wife is a good woman and doesn't deserve him
I mean, she's from Tyrosh and from a slaver family so she's probably a slave-owner so therefore NOT a good woman, but an evil one.
>>
Lots of good ideas that hit on potential near-future paths to take.

>>5972040
>Spoiler
I can see it being a plausible theory, but it's not what I was planning for. I don't mind changing things if there is enough support for it.

Anyway, I am going to call the vote in 2 hours so I can get a post up tonight.
>>
>>5971882
Also the write ins

> [see what she comes up with]
>>
Slow day or is it just me delaying the last post for 2 days? Either way, I'm going to get started writing.

>Can I get 2 rolls of 3d6 for Convince and 2 rolls of 4d6 for Awareness?
>>
Rolled 1, 2, 1 = 4 (3d6)

>>5972504
>>
Rolled 1, 3, 1, 1 = 6 (4d6)

>>5972504
>>
Rolled 3, 6, 6, 3 = 18 (4d6)

>>5972504
What the fuck are those rolls
>>
Rolled 6, 6, 6, 5 = 23 (4d6)

>>5972504
>>
>How to ruin a dinner party with this one simple trick!
>>
>>5972527
Goddamn
>>
Rolled 5, 4, 2 = 11 (3d6)

>>5972504
only been 1 3d6 roll
>>
>>5972509
Crit fail. Your words have greatly offended Nesirah.
>>5972563
Some success. Your father will share something of note with you.
>>5972511
Another crit fail. You've missed an important detail or sign from someone.
>>5972518
2 degrees of success here, though.
>>5972527
This is technically an extra roll, but now I want to do something with it just because of those numbers.

I need to get a decent amount of sleep and still have a lot to write. Post will be up tomorrow night.
>>
>>5972627
I neglected my prayers to Arengi and have been punished
>>
>>5972627
Bipolar gods strike again
>>
“If you dream of respect and a paramour, then you will find poetry and the arts a more elegant solution. Fighting as I do is just a poorer and lustier cousin to good business. You might find the debtors to be more lethal. It is as Nesirah says, I make my loved ones sick with worry,” you tell Sarello.

“I thought you would understand,” Sarello says, sounding defeated.

“I do. It is only that you should know the truth, cousin. I have walked the streets and made dealings with many men. All speak of Lys and her greed. There will be fighting and this time it will be on the mainland. And it will be dirty work,” you explain, then give him a mischievous smirk. “If were to throw caution to the wind… what better time?”

“Vaaro,” Nesirah says with reproach as Sarello’s grin comes back.

“What? Best get it out of his blood now. Elsewise you will have him walking the streets with bravos, lifting skirts and drinking til sunrise,” you say.

“Do you speak from experience?” Nesirah teases.

“No. I’m not my brother. I followed Father’s path. Holding a blade with purpose steadies hand and mind,” you boast, flexing your hand. It is rarely spoken of, but it is also no secret that your father was a sellsword with the Band of Nine. His own father, your grandsire, was a petty peddler. A steady hand and steady blade let the humble Elaaro Orlios rise from the cobblestones to the high tables of the trade syndicates and to claim the hand of a lady kin to a former magister. Though it seems your words have fallen flat. Nesirah’s smile has vanished and Sallero looks uncomfortable. Was it the jape at your brother?

“I will think on your words, cousin,” Sallero assures before excusing himself to see after something else, leaving you near enough alone with your good sister.

“There is more of your brother in you than I thought,” Nesirah finally comments by way of breaking silence. “First a paramour and now low japes.”

“The girl has purpose,” you say, frowning at your misstep. “You did not mind a jape before.”

“In private and if said to be sweet to me. He is still my husband, and Sallero takes your words to heart. To insult him is to insult me,” she says.

“He was on mind. You ask me to prick at Varelio’s pride to what gain? He is not like to listen to me,” you say.

“He is family. Your family. He may heed your words where he will not heed mine,” Nesirah says.

“I feel for your plight, but you must know I do not take risks for no gain,” you say for her to sweeten to a bargain. She does not.
>>
>>5973505
Nesirah slowly stands while cradling her belly. “I see now you care only for yourself. I will weep for the sweet boy you were,” she says in parting. You lay back upon the stone bench for some time and gaze up at the purpling and orange sky. Words of passion are not unknown to your goodsister, but you think she might have meant them in this moment. It is only the familiar booming laugh of your brother from within the home that brings you out of your reverie. Instead, you note the true head of your family standing upon the threshold. You sweep up to your feet and stride over, offering an arm in manly greeting. He pulls you into a hug instead.

“You have gotten taller,” remarks Elaaro Orlios, your father. It is true if he has not simply shrunk. You now overtake him by an inch or so. You walk back inside with him and greet your brother Varelio as well, finding him conversing with your mother and Ellyn. He gives you a hearty slap on your back and compliments your choice of paramour, all boisterous charm as always.

“Sit, sit! We have cooking to do,” Mother shouts over Varelio before leading Ellyn away again.

You ease into a chair at the table and pour from a pitcher of wine and tangy juices freshly squeezed from the garden. Casual talk of the city and business circles, mostly lead by your brother. Your father is quieter and more purposeful with his words. His tone reigns in Varelio, if only just, and keeps you to formalities in a way you wouldn’t bother maintaining with your more vibrant mother.

“I tell you we turn eyes to the mainland but for what? It is bread for the masses. Nay, crumbs. I have had it from Penero on the canals, we must keep trade. Who benefits from blood but Pentos or worse yet Volantis?” Varelio rambles.

“What would you do instead?” your father asks, finally breaking his silence.

“I… I would make peace with Lys and instead seek better terms of trade. Fix borders and settle these disputes for good of all,” Varelio says.

“A noble venture,” Sarello echoes in his support, having recently joined the table conversation while the women keep busy in the kitchen with their own talk. Your family does not lack slaves to help in the cooking, albeit fewer than most households of repute, but tradition still holds your mother to serve at least some token portion of the meal to your father.

“What of you, Vaaro?” your father asks you instead of giving his thoughts to Varelio’s lofty notions.
>>
>>5973506
“I think there is greater gain to be had in scarcity,” you carefully say.

“Gain and scarcity are opposed, my little brother,” Varelio chuckles.

“Too much gain loses its savor. If all dyers kept their own snail farm, what does that do to the price of dye? If slaves dress as citizens, of what worth are our silks?” you say.

“Sounds as if I’m still dressed in silks either way. What of it if others are? I say let us all look after our own threads. Fret not, brother. I will share with you my best seamstress,” Varelio jests. Sarello laughs. Your father does not.

“Continue,” Father tells you, only you.

You mull over your next words carefully before deciding. “Wars mean scarcity. Scarcity drives up the cost of goods. But for pirating and raiding, goods might be cheaper. I’d wager this… Penero was it? He does not sell goods worth having.”

“I should hope not. The man’s a playwright,” your brother confirms.

“Peace favors such men. For others… I think I might turn more coin elsewise,” you say. The debate, if it could be called such at all, is put to rest instead by the savory smells wafting in from the kitchen as the women and children join the table. You note some of your favorites, croquets of crab and scallops over a bed of lemon butter sauce. Snails roasted with garlic are on display as they oft are, though the slices of braised goat with creamy pepper sauce are more of a treat.

Your father samples a bit of the goat and nods his approval with little delay, signaling the rest to join in. It is only now that Ellyn is able to extract herself from your mother and sit closer to you.

“Do you like it? I helped,” she whispers to you.

“It is as I remember,” you say with a nod between bites.

“Marea tells me you are of the Stormlands,” your father addresses Ellyn, his speech in her tongue on par with your own.

“I am, ser,” she replies, as surprised as you at Father’s attention.

“We are no sers here. How did you come to be here with my son?” Father asks, watching her unblinkingly.

“Vaaro rescued me from a band of pirates. He was very gallant,” Ellyn replies as she leans into you. It’s not quite how you’d describe it, but it serves.
>>
>>5973507
“I see. Then it is true you have cut loose of the Kingmakers,” your father states. You make to reply, but he raises a hand. “It was wise. Their days are numbered. We will speak more of scarcity on the morrow,” he assures. Supper continues with most drinking more freely, Varelio most of all. Nesirah, the quietest by contrast, excuses herself with the underfoot children. The supper is finished with a chilled mint drink for the cleansing of palates. Your brother and cousin take their leave to continue their festivities out by the waterways while your mother shoos you upstairs with all the lack of subtlety you’ve come to expect of her. Ellyn follows.

Before you can so much as remark on the changes in the styling of your old room, Ellyn is on you, locking lips to yours and hurriedly working at the laces of your breeches. You are buried deep with her atop within moments, all restraint of previous dabbling no more than a haze. “Now I am your paramour,” she finally speaks in the rhythm. You are spent before thought of a witty reply. She rolls off and shamelessly works herself to satisfaction within moments.

“I… drank the tea… this past morrow. Ilynys gave it to me. At the brothel,” she tells you while catching her breath. “I did not seek to chance… you know. Are you mad?”

“No,” you say. She was not given over to the camp like some, but you don’t doubt at least one or two had her. Virtue was not what you sought of her, but nor were you seeking her to pass off some bastard as yours.

“Good,” she sighs, then rolls over to face you, her bright eyes wet and shining by the moon and city’s light as she studies you more intently. “Will you be getting more?” she asks.

On moon tea

>Yes. You will supply her with moon tea or otherwise show some restraint in your coupling. Too much trouble will come of carelessness.
>No. You either don’t care what happens or see potential advantages in her bearing your child.
>Something else or something to add.
>>
>>5973509
>>Yes. You will supply her with moon tea or otherwise show some restraint in your coupling. Too much trouble will come of carelessness.
>>
>>5973509
>>Yes. You will supply her with moon tea or otherwise show some restraint in your coupling. Too much trouble will come of carelessness.
More mouths to feed is the last thing we need now.
>>
>>5973509
>Yes. You will supply her with moon tea or otherwise show some restraint in your coupling. Too much trouble will come of carelessness.

Weaponise it against her though, she's clearly taking well to her new found sense of freedom and autonomy.
>>
>>5973509
>>
>>5973509
>>
>>5973597
>Weaponise it against her though

Okay I'm with you but how? The best I can think of is

>something else. Say you'll be careful. Give her fake tea for "emergencies"
>>
>>5973509
>Yes. You will supply her with moon tea
>>
>>5973737
I'll admit I'm kind of floundering myself, the best I've got is turning the onus on her somehow.
>>
>>5973509
>>
>>5973597
>Weaponise it against her though
What? Why?
>>
>>5974084
Because I want Vaaro to have an unwholesome relationship with her.
>>
>>5974192
this is exactly the kind of rape-posting that i was talking about last thread. all it serves to do is turn the MC into a monster. i'm not saying vaaro has to be some angel, but don't make him an unrepentant evil-doer, who inflicts cruelty for no reason
>>
>>5974206
>rape-posting
oh calm your tits anon, I want Vaaro to be a galighting, manipulative bastard when he has the edge over a woman like Ellyn not some monsterous rapist who's fucking her in every hole each and every hour of the day.
>>
>>5974206
+1
These quests are great but the struggle is real. Not gonna lie but weaponising pregnancy is insane.

>>5974218
I sincerely hope no one else does
>>
>>5974218
>I want Vaaro to be a galighting, manipulative bastard when he has the edge over a woman like Ellyn
what kind of a woman is ellyn?
>>
>>5974218
>>5974192
I'm not feeling it anon.

Nothing against abusive relationships (I was disappointed that Bastard of Westeros qst died so early) but Vaaro doesn't seem like that sort of character to me. Neither his internal monologue nor the actions we've taken so far (of course we're not locked into a certain way of behaving this early but ehh). Ellyn doesn't seem like a particularly compelling victim either, don't know why but she really doesn't seem like someone that'd be interesting to walk that path with.
>>
>>5974232
A woman who has been made vulnerable and has been coerced through the threat of slavery into a relationship with Vaaro, who pretty much holds all the cards in their relationship on which she is largely dependent on to survive.

>>5974236
At this point I'm beefing more over being called a rape poster than the disagreement, I can see the disagreement is strong and I won't argue it much more but Ellyn has been manipulated a fair bit by him, sure he's not hitting her or anything but he has coerced & manipulated her to his own benefit or amusement.
>>
>>5974251
>A woman who has been made vulnerable and has been coerced through the threat of slavery into a relationship with Vaaro, who pretty much holds all the cards in their relationship on which she is largely dependent on to survive.
if this is how you see her, and want an "unwholesome relationship" with her in this light, then she is little more than a slave.

>she's clearly taking well to her new found sense of freedom and autonomy.
it seems like you want her to feel an end to that sense of freedom and autonomy
>>
>>5974251
Now that you mention it, some of the decisions we've made have been intentionally manipulative so maybe it wouldn't be out of character for him.

Nonetheless, I'm not all that interested in pursuing an especially unwholesome relationship between the two of them. In fact I much prefer the current combination of wholesome/unwholesome they've got going on; on one hand you've got them both genuinely enjoying their evening out with Vaaro buying her honeyfingers as they wander through the streets of his hometown or him taking her to meet his parents complete with the classic maternal interrogation and helping out in the kitchen, on the other hand they met when she was taken as a slave and it was only Vaaro's casual whim that sees her where she is now rather than sold to a brothel.

Its funny how the combination of anons' schizoid voting and Boggs' quality writing have turned Vaaro into a somewhat nuanced character (or at least an acceptably convincing simulacrum of one). His motive is excellence/excitement and he's ambitious enough to not just leave Tyrosh but to coolly effect the murder of two long-time colleagues after they quibbled over his leadership bid (and insulted him in the process), at the same time he's placid and easy-going enough to let Gwyn go free when a third-party could easily have carried word of Jocelyn's ransom to her family.
>>
I just took the write-ins in favor of more manipulation as reminders that Vaaro isn't supposed to be another chaotic good MC which is very fair. There will be several upcoming opportunities to lean into his cutthroat nature more. The mention that "Ellyn doesn't seem like a particularly compelling victim" makes sense. There is a transactional element, but she is a willing participant in this.

There will be a post up tonight with one of the more important votes for Vaaro's POV.
>>
File: Elaaro Orlios.jpg (89 KB, 735x940)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
“If needed, I will get you more,” you tell Ellyn of the tea.

“Oh. It will be needed,” she assures and runs her hand under the sheet.

The early sun illuminates the room as you wake to Ellyn slipping into a simple summer dress you don’t recall giving her. She catches your gaze and speaks of helping your mother below. You yawn an agreement and leave her to it, the least agitated you have felt in many moons. Never has a distraction better served purpose. You have harbored no illusions that she latched onto you to survive, but some things can’t be faked.

There was a time once, not long before taking contract with the Kingmakers, when you attended a delegation in the Dornish port of Sunspear with your father. There was a priest there, a septon they are called, dressed in humiliating roughspun the color of the mud beneath his unfortunate toes. He shouted and rambled of the vices of the city and the wantonness of their women. Others mocked and spat at him, but you stopped to listen for a short while. An intriguing fellow, he went so far as to suggest that all women were sluts if they did not turn to maidens. Or it might have been to a single maiden. Regardless, while amusing, it all seemed half mad. Yet here you are with one of the very women the priest so tried to save, and you can no longer fault his endeavors. If you ever see him again, you must inform him of the value you gained from one of his flock not heeding virtues of this maiden he spoke of.

You sit up and look around your old room, again getting the sense that there are things astray. To your best reckoning, it would seem that Sallero has been using it. That he made no attempt at entering it in the night either speaks to his respectable discretion or to how vigorously he spent his night out with your brother. You highly suspect the latter. A curious and not altogether pleasant thought, that. Your cousin has ever sought to distance himself from his father’s reputation and yet now he seems to act the part of his father’s son. All the better if he gets this out of his blood on the mainland.

Descending the stairs proves your suspicions. None are about aside from the women and children. You mess up your nephew’s hair on the way to pouring a hearty cup of mild amber ale from a cask to start out the morning. You worked up a thirst, though, and must pour another. Your mother finds you at it and forces two plates of peppered and deviled gull’s eggs along with biscuits floating in goat gravy.
>>
>>5974936
“Your father expects you in his study,” she tells you. It is an unusual notion. The home is more your mother’s fiefdom, but the study is your father’s temple. Rare are visitors welcome aside from his most esteemed companions of the syndicate. Even servants are not permitted to clean it. You think to ask her after it, but merely move on with the meals. She seems as confounded as you.

You enter the study to see Elaaro Orlios, your father, at his desk reading over parchments. The desk is polished rosewood out of Qohor and an outlier for a man who prefers to present himself humbly for his station. The remainder of the room is mostly bare but for a cabinet stocked with finer spirits and some paintings. One in particular strikes you in the moment. You hadn’t paid it mind before. The artist’s palate duller than the vibrancy of the others. And yet… there is something uncanny about it. The scene of a dragon broken on a green field enveloped in a dark curtain is almost too real, like the artist was really there. You set down the plates with a clatter and seat yourself in a plushily cushioned chair without leave, sparing one last glance back to the painting so situated for the viewing pleasure of the desk’s owner.

“You see a Joghador for what it is,” you father remarks approvingly.

“How?” you merely ask. Joghador was a legendary artist and painter who lived during the Century of Blood. The realism of his works depicts history in the making. Scribes pay homage to him in writing the histories of those times. This one in particular surely depicts the slaying of a dragon within the black walls. His few surviving works are without price.

“A gift,” is all your father supplies. You cannot imagine who would gift such a priceless item aside from a magister or the Archon himself and the why of it further escapes you. “Eat if you wish,” he offers as you ponder further questions. You do, finding the biscuit still warm enough to pinch at your fingertips and the gravy a hearty beginning for the day. The eggs are spicy even by your measure and leave you draining half he ale in one quick go. Your father gives it all a nibble and decides to pour a smokeberry wine to compliment the fare.
>>
>>5974938
“We were speaking of scarcity,” you remind, breaking the near silence your father seems so content in.

“We were,” he agrees. “You have heard of the coming conflict?”

“From many mouths, even a banker,” you confirm.

“What will you do of this?” he asks you.

“I see it as a rare opportunity,” you tell him.

“It is, in a sense. Well-regarded free companies will be recruiting. Even as a freerider, one might seek wealth and glory,” he allows. “A clever man might take this further and travel east with earnings.”

“But none of that speaks to scarcity,” you say.

“Just so. The scarcity, that is to be seen. It will be in Lys if she loses, or it will be here if she does not,” he tells you. “A great many will seek to sell their swords on the mainland. For the best. The streets will be all the quieter for it. Who might benefit if all others have eyes upon the distractions of the mainland? All from magisters to common bravos have invested their livelihoods to this cause.”

“Father, if you have thoughts on where I—”

“No. You must decide. You may find glory on the mainland, or you may remain here to seek higher place. The choice is yours to make,” he insists, saying no more and leaving you to make your decision. He patiently observes you, awaiting an answer.

What will you do?

>Tell him you will remain in Tyrosh to grow your influence by taking advantage of vacancies and distractions born of the coming conflict.
>Tell him you will go to the Disputed Lands. The chance of rich plunder would be foolish to ignore. It may be a decade before such a time comes again.
>Something else.

I worked in extra details in respect to that unusually high extra awareness roll. None of this update is filler. Do what you will with this info.
>>
>>5974941
>Tell him you will remain in Tyrosh to grow your influence by taking advantage of vacancies and distractions born of the coming conflict.
As tempting as it would be to join the conflict, Vaaro must be keenly aware of how it can all end up with not much in his pocket when all is said and done.

I think he has “gotten it out of his system” so to speak and would want to build lasting wealth than just chasing dreams.

When there is a gold rush you can make a fortune just selling shovels.
>>
>>5974941
>>5974941
>>Tell him you will remain in Tyrosh to grow your influence by taking advantage of vacancies and distractions born of the coming conflict.
To me it seems like this is a question of wealth vs position and simplicity vs complexity, I'm not sure that either of those options wold be markedly more attractive to Vaaro so I'm making my vote of the basis of family. Staying in Tyrosh allows us to not just seek a high position in the city while people are looking to the mainland but we can help our family in the process, or at least keep an eye on them.

I'd also like to (respectfully) raise the topic of our brother's behaviour and our goodsister's dissatisfaction with our father. See if he has any advice on how to approach that issue.
>>
>>5974941
>Tell him you will go to the Disputed Lands. The chance of rich plunder would be foolish to ignore. It may be a decade before such a time comes again.
The truth is we are no heir, despite what any kowtowing to the knowledge of our father may do. Vaaro seeks excellence and excitement, and it would be tenuous to find it at home. He could be persuaded to stay, easily really, but not by vague conjecture of middling fortunes for giving up what he truly seeks.
>>
>>5974941
>>Tell him you will remain in Tyrosh to grow your influence by taking advantage of vacancies and distractions born of the coming conflict.
>>
>>5974941

War after all is the poorer sister of war, anyway I can't imagine our cousin will be too eager to stay but It will be a good test of his character if he does stay, I will also add my support to respectfully raising the topic of our brothers behavior, if even our poor sister in law can see somethings afoot after everything she's put up with then theres at least grounds to at least look at what he's doing in a small way.

>>5975058
The good thing about our family being merchants and craftsmen is that being the firstborn matters less than a willingness to engage in the trade and have a aptitude for the craft/business.

Who knows maybe Vaaro will master the art of the deal?
>>
>>5974941
Sounds like a better chance to strike gold than going to war.
I'm just not sure if we'll have to hunt it ourselves or if father is willing to point us in the right direction
>>
>>5974941
>>
>>5974941
>>
>>5974941
>>Tell him you will go to the Disputed Lands. The chance of rich plunder would be foolish to ignore. It may be a decade before such a time comes again.
>>
Maybe Vaaro will decide to get himself and or his family inside the black wall? That’s a worthy end goal for him
>>
Calling it for remaining in Tyrosh. I think it is reasonable to include discussion on Varelio's conduct alongside other talk of future plans. If there are specific family matters you'd like to address or a specific way you'd like to bring things up, then please add that below. Additionally:

>Can I get 3 rolls of 3d6 for persuasion, 1 roll of 4d6 for empathy, and another 3 rolls of 5d6 for knowledge:streetwise checks?
>>
Rolled 6, 4, 6 = 16 (3d6)

>>5975851
>>
Rolled 5, 1, 5 = 11 (3d6)

>>5975851
Sallero is likely to be off to the mainland with or without our blessing, what are father's thoughts?
>>
Rolled 2, 4, 2 = 8 (3d6)

>>5975851
Our brother, a semi-independent venture (with a small loan if our father extends his name)
>>
Rolled 3, 4, 6, 5 = 18 (4d6)

>>5975851
Give us some advice on how to get the best money's worth from the Duntreow ladies
>>
Rolled 6, 2, 6, 1, 6 = 21 (5d6)

>>5975851
>>
Rolled 1, 4, 1, 1, 3 = 10 (5d6)

>>5975851
>>5975896
Backing something independent. A position with the bank would be huge.
>>5975944
Are we selling them or not? Letting Gwyn go with no real strings attached felt like people playing her POV from Vaaro's to me
>>
>>5976061
I took it as a poor and last ditch effort to get her or at least her niece and her cousins ransoms paid.
>>
Rolled 3, 2, 3, 5, 6 = 19 (5d6)

>>5975851
>>
File: Tyrosh.png (973 KB, 1000x584)
973 KB
973 KB PNG
“I will be staying here,” you decide.

“So you now see the folly of a sellsword’s path. This is good,” your father nods.

“You were a sellsword yourself. It was a start. If we are to have a gold rush upon us, then I don’t want to be left to petty raiding,” you say.

“Just so. There is much to be gained here if you have the will,” your father agrees, his usual indifferent expression threatening to turn to a smile.

“On will… are you aware of Varelio’s ventures?” you ask.

“I am not sure what you refer to,” he responds, his soft frown returning.

“We are here to break our fast. He is not. This is no different from before,” you allude. All of the household know of your brother’s past marital struggles. Your father would have no more of their fighting in his home, and Varelio made a show of improvement.

“You have been back for all of one day. It does not serve to so quickly judge your brother. We are speaking of your concerns, not his,” your father dismissively tells you.

“It is my concern when I come home to a divided family. Nesirah is as hurt as ever,” you say.

“She should not have burdened you with this,” your father sighs. “This is as much her fault as his.”

“If not me then who else should she speak to? Her father?” you ask. Her family is of older wealth and would not take kindly to word of her unhappiness. He knows this and it shows. His weariness and concern is evident, so you press on. “Is it her fault that he capers about at all hours?”

“Enough. You go too far,” your father says. “You forget he was learning my trade when you were in swaddling. Whatever faults you may see, remember it is he who has done well in wooing us new trade. For all we know, he may have been with partners of business.”

“As you say,” you begrudgingly agree. Your father has a weakness for Varelio. Pushing him further now will only serve to wear out your welcome here. A seed of concern has been planted. That will have to do.

He stares at you a moment longer before nodding and getting better wine of a deep purple. “I bid you think instead of your own future. I may lend word of introduction, but you must see to your own success.”
>>
>>5976529
Such is the lot of a second son. It is nothing you had not expected. Long gone are the days when you thought more was owed. It is less a matter of owed and more a matter of what you can take. Thoughts turn to your own father’s rise as a trader. He too got his start from coin earned at the tip of his blade. Your meager earnings from ransoms and sea lane squabbles are a far cry from the Tyrant’s early days, though. There is also still chance Gwynfryd may fail in her quest to free her kin, leaving you with little to invest without borrowing. Even so, your connections in trade would be surest. You have brushed shoulders with shrewd merchants of your father’s syndicate, and there are some who might seek favor with the respected Elaaro Orlios through his son. Several names come to mind.

There are others whose names carry more weight, though. There are magisters within the Black Walls who might find themselves short sworn swords in the case of war. Even the Archon himself may have need of new blades. The only trouble is in your lackluster knowledge of their inner politicking. Your father may know more of who is on the rise and who is not, but that might prove less than helpful. Magisters are not so predictable in their whims. Strengths and weaknesses might be ploys. Still, with the right approach and some sharpening of your swordplay, your star may ascend to untold heights.

Then there is the Bank. The right position there would put influence in your hands even if you own naught but air. Conversing with the clerk at the docks was reminder of the secrets they are privy to. You know the Bank of Tyrosh’s dealings with Westerosi have been sparse, but the relationship is not entirely nonexistent. You recall the presence of at least one banker in Sunspear. Surely some of their lords would be desperate after fighting each other for so long in this Rebellion. A paramour of their lands might be of aid, too. To break into such a fresh, and quite frankly stupid, market might serve to place you above all others. Such a venture carries risks as all others do, though. It is only a matter of which risk you would like to take the most…

>You will venture into business yourself as your father did. With a loan or the coin you gain through ransoms, you can invest into growing your wealth and reputation.
>You wish to become a sworn sword of a powerful magister or even the Archon. Their illustrious reputations will serve as stepping stones on your own path to greatness.
>You seek position within the Bank. You have a good head for numbers and a tentative connection to Westerosi. If you play your cards right, you can enrich yourself with the coin of others.
>Something else.
>>
>>5976530
>>You seek position within the Bank. You have a good head for numbers and a tentative connection to Westerosi. If you play your cards right, you can enrich yourself with the coin of others.
I feel like this option plays to Vaaro's strengths the most (high Cunning, Westerosi "contacts") as well as being the most interesting option (working for a bank isn't something I've seen in an asoiaf qst before, we'll just need to make sure we find the right position to satisfy our excellence/excitement motivation and take advantage of our skill at arms).
>>
>>5976530
>You seek position within the Bank. You have a good head for numbers and a tentative connection to Westerosi. If you play your cards right, you can enrich yourself with the coin of others.
ALL THIS and MORE could be yours for the low low price of swallowing your pride!
>>
>>5976530
From paymaster to banker
>>
>>5976530
>>You will venture into business yourself as your father did. With a loan or the coin you gain through ransoms, you can invest into growing your wealth and reputation.
>>
>>5976530
>>You seek position within the Bank. You have a good head for numbers and a tentative connection to Westerosi. If you play your cards right, you can enrich yourself with the coin of others.
>>
>>5976530
>>You will venture into business yourself as your father did. With a loan or the coin you gain through ransoms, you can invest into growing your wealth and reputation.

Imagine working for other people's money.
>>
>>5976530

This lends itself to us possibly heading across the Narrow Sea in the future
>>
>>5976530
>>
>>5976530
>>
>>5977292
>>5977164
>>5976970
>>5976848
>>5976649
>>5976634
So why are y'all voting for the Bank?

Are you driven by in-character reasons? If so, what? Vaaro thinks it plays to his strengths, he thinks it sounds exciting, he thinks it offers the greatest scope for a 2nd son to rise, he wants to pursue Gwyn back to Westeros?
Or OOC reasons? You think it plays to his strengths, you think it would create the most interesting story, you want to continue the dynamic between him and the Westerosi girls? Or even more metagame, you want to see Vaaro become a banker breaking into the Westerosi market just before Bobby B takes control of the royal funds?

For me it's a combination of IC and OOC reasons. Thinking it'll build towards an interesting narrative was probably the most important though.
>>
>>5977326
Yes

Also haven’t seen a game from a bankers POV. I can see Vaaro as being a bit of a loan shark.

>>5976876
Pic related.
Basically Wall Street bro
>>
File: IMG_4991.jpg (1.73 MB, 1242x1633)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB JPG
>>5977347
Dammit
>>
File: Anno22.png (1.03 MB, 1000x563)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
“It is the bank that interests me most,” you say.

“The bank… you have the head for it,” your father states, stroking his beard in thought. “Clerking is a slow start to be sure. I had thought you wanted for more.”

“Not a clerk. A broker,” you clarify. Unlike the menial clerks and acolytes, brokers are more esteemed in that their wages supplied through the successful dealings they make.

“One does not become a broker on a whim. They are appointed,” your father reminds.

“My plan has merit. I have made cause with some Westerosi, you have met Ellyn,” you say. “The heir to her house of Duntreow owes me a great debt.”

“This paramour. I confess I wondered at your aims with her. I did not know you to bring lovers to the home,” he says. You resist the urge to remind of Varelio’s own past in that regard.

“She is cousin to the heir. Place at my side ensures our dealings are not forgotten. They are of the Rainwood. By my estimates, it is a backwoods of untapped resources. A cultured hand would do them good,” you explain.

“Heirs are not lords, elsewise you would be speaking to Varelio at this desk… but I will not deny the appeal of you well placed within the bank. If an appointment is available, I could call upon a favor. Simply creating you position would risk my impartiality,” Father says.

“As you said, these are opportune times. There will be an opening,” you casually state, sparing him the details and finishing your meal in relative silence. Your father knows how this game is played. He taught it to you. Doubtless this task is your first real test from him. It may take a fortnight or so of digging, but you have confidence in your ability to find the right mark to sideline. More importantly is how you plan to go about it.
>>
>>5977352
How will you remove your unwitting rival?
>You will draw him into a duel. It lacks in subtlety, but that is the entire purpose. A known capacity for violence will make others less likely to risk crossing you. [Reward of +1b in Fencing and Reputation]
>You will fabricate rumors and a scandal to sideline him. [Reward of +1b in Incite and Bluff]
>He will simply disappear. [Reward of +1b in Quickness and Sneak]
>Something else.

And how will you treat Ellyn over the next few weeks?
>It will continue on as more physical than anything. You will use her to refine your prowess. [Reward of +1b Seduction]
>Without appearing weak, you will put more effort into making her grow more infatuated with you. It would better serve for her to be an ally when next dealing with her frosty cousin. [Reward of +1b to Charm]
>A game of cat and mouse will ensue, though there may be some debate over who plays which role. You will make efforts to avoid too easily giving in to her temptations and cause her to be desperate to please you. [Reward of Will increase from 2 to 3]
>Something else.

This is something new I’m trying out for tabletop’s 10 exp upgrades (going from 2-3 in abilities or adding +1b to a specialty). I noticed the smaller buys tended to get skipped in previous quests. Reward votes will occur periodically and will usually be for only 1 specialty at a time after this one. The 30 exp cost bumps for upgrading abilities past rank 3 will be handled in separate votes at certain points. Achieving this current goal would trigger a rank upgrade opportunity for Vaaro. We are going to switch over to Gwynfryd’s POV for the next update to resolve some things.
>>
>>5977353
I think the duel appeals to the sell sword in Vaaro but it would make instant enemies. Better to be subtle and maybe put the blame on yet another rival (in the future) to pit two families against each other. Might be best if people underestimate our ability for violence initially.

>Without appearing weak, you will put more effort into making her grow more infatuated with you. It would better serve for her to be an ally when next dealing with her frosty cousin. [Reward of +1b to Charm]
We need to be able to back up what we just told our father about having a connection to Westeros.
>>
>>5977353
>You will fabricate rumors and a scandal to sideline him. [Reward of +1b in Incite and Bluff]

>>
>>5977353
>>He will simply disappear. [Reward of +1b in Quickness and Sneak]
I could see Vaaro going for any of the these and stealth is something new in an asoiaf qst afaik.
Now that he's decided she's an asset rather than merely a distraction I can see Vaaro making an effort to be more charming to her (and charm is a damn useful skill).

>This is something new I’m trying out for tabletop’s 10 exp upgrades
Interesting idea. I like it.
>>
>>5977353

>It will continue on as more physical than anything. You will use her to refine your prowess. [Reward of +1b Seduction]
>>
>>5977353
Getting rid of him without making a big fuss is the best way to keep a low profile and avoid retaliation
The will option is also tempting. She is a more worthwhile investment for the banking path
>>
>>5977353
>>You will fabricate rumors and a scandal to sideline him. [Reward of +1b in Incite and Bluff]
>>
A lot fewer votes on this one. Is the addition of the skills overcomplicating it? Tomorrow night we are going to switch over to Gwynfryd in Oldtown as she prepares to travel up the Reach.

>Can I get 2 rolls of 5d6 for Vaaro's Cunning in proceeding with his plans and 1 roll of 1d6 for a random encounter in Oldtown?
>>
Rolled 1, 2, 6, 5, 1 = 15 (5d6)

>>5978075
I think folks are just not used to it
>>
Rolled 6, 4, 1, 2, 2 = 15 (5d6)

>>5978075
>>
Rolled 5 (1d6)

>>5978075

It is a novel way of offering up stat increases via narration rather than just in the monthly rolls like we’re prob accustomed to. I don’t mind the experimentation like dual MCs etc
>>
>>5978075
Further I did like with the Shryke quest for example (and I think with Malory) that some of the dialog options would be like a Lord response or a Sellsword response (or charm, seduce, bargain, intimidate) based on the aspect of the character. The more they used of one approach would show a character arc. E.g sellsword violence is appealing but doing the Lordly thing gets you more respect from peers, or you might stop seducing everyone over time (not likely on this board though lol)
>>
>>5977353
>>5978075
>>He will simply disappear. [Reward of +1b in Quickness and Sneak]

Don't know if this counts but I'll put it forward anyway, with Ellyn I don't really see her as endgame for Vaaro given his drive for excellence.

Will wouldn't be what I necessarily wish to improve though I prefer the context of making her more dependent on him when it comes to interacting with her.
>>
>>5978231
>Will wouldn't be what I necessarily wish to improve
That might be true but I like tying our stat advancement to the skills we use, adds a level of realism to the whole process.
>>
>>5978183
>>5978208
>15's
Passed on the nose to avoid suspicion and another pass to subtley steer Ellyn into your favor.
>>5978218
>5
Pretty good for a higher=better encounter roll.
>>5978221
Good to know. Thanks for the feedback.

I got delayed for several hours tonight, so I will have to push the update back to tomorrow night. My schedule looks good for Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday posts so far for this week.
>>
File: Gwynfryd.jpg (58 KB, 562x695)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
You are Lady Gwynfryd Duntreow

For the second time, you find yourself mooring beneath a magnificent tower of ages past. Your return to friendlier shores upon on a cog of House Redwyne was a long and uneventful as it was tense. You kept to your quarters for the bulk of the journey. It was a sort of instinct at first. Sight of the rocky and treacherous Stepstones so soon after departure pushed you towards shelter, some mad part of mind expecting another vile pirate’s galleas to crawl out of the mists again. But nothing happened. Calls heralding sight of the Dornish coasts drew you out upon the decks again, the strange orange sands of your family’s hated foes a surprisingly welcome sight. It did not take long to feel unwelcomed, though. The ship’s captain was cordial if a little overcautious, but the crew was worse. Their stares and occasional private yet unsubtle japes made your skin crawl. A lady of noble birth traveling alone from a foreign port… well, you know what conclusions might be drawn. Days prior in your bored musings, it occurred that your mother would warn your younger self to avoid speaking to a lady such as you present now. You also caught wind of suggestions that you were some form of bad luck upon them. It was all enough to make your presence scarce.

Thoughts of your uncertain future were constant company as the waves rolled past. You are no closer to understanding the reasons behind the pirates’ attack and your own near-death than you were as a prisoner upon the sands. The actions of your Tyroshi savior are even more unknowable. It seemed at first that he simply desired you. That he did not take you by force might have spoken to some vestige of honor or some other oddity of his foreign nature. Surely the latter. Clothing you in silks and sheer smallclothes did hint to the perversion of his intents. Then he turned sight to your cousin… then again spoke coyly to you… before simply sending you homewards at a mere suggestion. Either this is all some deranged game to him or he sees an investment in you that even you do not understand. Regardless, leaving your cousins behind in his care has been a source of worry worse than the thought that someone is still seeking your death. Joslyn seemed to understand your intents, but she is still a frightened girl. And Ellyn… it will be you who will be to blame if she is returned with child. You need her brother more than ever, and you do not wish to test his loyalty with his younger sister in the balance.
>>
>>5979597
But all of those thoughts will have to wait. You step from the ship upon shaky legs, all too aware of the long journey still ahead of you. A chance glance at the captain’s maps suggested that Grassy Vale is a much greater distance from Oldtown than you’d considered, nearer the Kingswood than the Reach’s southern coasts. The tales you have heard suggest the Roseroad is as safe a road as one might hope for, but traveling will be no easy task as you are now. To your chagrin, you have entered port with no coin. The captain is making account of cargo with a knight of the city watch. You expect no real help there. Allowing for safe passage and simple fare is what is expected of a man sworn under the Redwyne banner, even one of common birth, but extorting coin from him would be another matter entirely.

You could still put the dress Vaaro gifted you to use in one way or another. Presenting to the court of House Hightower would be the most formal approach, albeit one of some humiliation under the circumstances. You know all too well how little truth is valued in court gossip. You can so easily imagine the tittering over your cavorting with Tyroshi pirates like the slattern of a badly written book of caution, or perhaps worse yet, the slights against your honor and that of your house for the failure to see you properly ransomed. And yet House Hightower’s own honor would compel them to see you safely escorted onwards to Grassy Vale. But then… you glance onwards to the knight overseeing the inspection of goods… there are others who could be convinced to aid you in your travels. If a knight upon these docks is half as chivalrous as Ser Donmar, they would be just as honor bound to see you onwards to Grassy Vale. Your cousin oft jested of the rarity of moments for chivalry. Surely this is one as good as any… if you can bring yourself to trust a knight’s honor upon the road. If not, well, you could make your own path. You could sell your finer dress and use the coin for an ill-bred nag to carry you up the road, traveling alongside the merchant caravans as you cross them. Hardly a pretty notion, but these are desperate times. The captain gestures in your direction as he converses with the knight. You will have to decide now on your approach…

How will you travel to Grassy Vale?
>You will present yourself to court in Oldtown, telling your tale to the Lord Hightower or one of his subordinates. They will see you safely into the care of your lord uncle of House Meadows.
>You will seek to make less of a scene by imploring a knight of the City Watch to aide you in safely traveling onwards to Grassy Vale. You still retain some faith in the honor of knights.
>You will make your own way north without seeking aid. You only truly trust in yourself now.
>Something else.
>>
>>5979599
>You will seek to make less of a scene by imploring a knight of the City Watch to aide you in safely traveling onwards to Grassy Vale. You still retain some faith in the honor of knights.
Trust in chivalry, but if that fails we have.... other assets
>>
>>5979599
Someone devious wants us dead, we shouldn't travel alone and we shouldn't stay in one place too long.
>>
>>5979599
>>You will seek to make less of a scene by imploring a knight of the City Watch to aide you in safely traveling onwards to Grassy Vale. You still retain some faith in the honor of knights.
>>
>>5979599
>>You will seek to make less of a scene by imploring a knight of the City Watch to aide you in safely traveling onwards to Grassy Vale. You still retain some faith in the honor of knights.

Sell the dress Vaaro gave Gwyn unless we don't have other clother gave Gwyn, use either the knight we find or the merchant onboard as a intermediary in return for a portion of the resale then get some basic travelling clothes, travelling provisons and the nag if we can afford it nicer clothes would be good but needs must.

Remember the war might be done but there are likely broken men and bandits afoot even in the reach, travelling alone will be incredibly dangerous, especially for a unarmed woman even of noble birth.
>>
>>5979599
>>
>>5979599
>>
>>5979599
Must have faith in the good people of Westeros.
>>
Looks unanimous. Okay.

>Can I get 1 roll of 5d6+1 for Status(breeding), 1 roll of 3d6 for charm, 2 rolls of 3d6 for Awareness, and 1 roll of 5d6 for convince?
>>
Rolled 4, 4, 4, 1, 4 + 1 = 18 (5d6 + 1)

>>5979995
Rollin
>>
Rolled 3, 3, 2 = 8 (3d6)

>>5979995
>>
Rolled 5, 1, 3 = 9 (3d6)

>>5979995
Come on
>>
Rolled 3, 2, 4 = 9 (3d6)

>>5979995
>>
Rolled 2, 5, 1, 3, 5 = 16 (5d6)

>>5979995
>>
>>5980129
Reroll 1?
>>
Rolled 3 (1d6)

>>5980163
>>5980129
Might as well
>>
>>5980011
>13 (3D+2b, so dropping a 1 and a 4)
Pass on both.
>>5980045
Partial success on knight 1, fail on knight 2.
>>5980115
>>5980125
Fail x2 on some details. There was another deleted 9 in between these 2 posts. I do check for those...
>>5980129
>>5980165
>16 (4D+1b, so dropping the 2)
Attractive made a difference there. Great success on knight 1. Partial success on knight 2.
>>
File: Ser Harry Bronston.jpg (64 KB, 600x771)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
Seeking the discrete aid of a capable knight and perhaps a squire would be far preferable to risking further humiliation to your name in open court. You look past the watchmen halfheartedly going about their business and onwards to the man heartily conversing with the ship’s captain. He is rather tall and broad of shoulder, surely a knight. A scribe or steward of some sort in better cloth stands near him, intent on a docket where the others are more at ease. Their laxity is understandable. This is a Redwyne ship. At your best estimate, the knight does not give off impression of a brute despite his size. You have heard bitter remarks on the conduct of knights, but you have met more than your fair share of knights who take their honor as seriously as they should.

Your course decided, it is time to take action. You smooth out your skirt and straighten your posture, seeking to look more the lady. Just this once, you are willing to say a silent prayer of thanks to Vaaro for providing you with better cloth than what a fishmonger’s wife should ever be wearing. There is nothing to be done about your hair, but you can at least approach this knight with some confidence. The sensation of being watched as you stride towards him, an ever present companion, is quick to return. You walk past the scribe and give the knight the slightest of curtsies and… oh. He does have a rather pleasant face up close. You blink and fix the captain with a pointed look.

“Uh. Right,” the seafarer starts, a little slow on the uptake. “This’s the lady I’d mentioned. This’s Lady Gwynfryd Duntreow. And Milady this’d be Ser Harry Bronston.”

“Pleased, my lady. Glen said you’ve had a spot of trouble,” the pleasant looking knight smiles.

“The pleasure is mine, ser. I was hoping to cross paths with an honest knight of your stature,” you say. “The road here has been…” you trail off for a moment to collect yourself before giving a brief summary of your trials. “I am for Grassy Vale… my lord father and my uncle, Lord Raymund Meadows, would both be ever grateful to the knight who would honor me with an escort to Grassfield Keep. As would I.”

The knight, this Ser Harry Bronston, does have the grace to appear moved by your words. He straightens at the mention of your need of escort. For a moment, just one fleeting moment, a feeling of elation rises in your chest.

“No.”
>>
>>5980322
Ser Harry deflates at the word. You both turn to the slender, sandy haired scribe who just interrupted your moment. He has put aside his docket and instead regards you with a lordlier bearing than you’d previously noted.

“Err. My lady, this is Ser Leo Hightower. He has command of this watch,” Ser Harry explains. You feel heat rise to your cheeks at your misjudgment.

“My apologies, Ser Leo. I meant no offense in address,” you quickly correct.

“I am wearing a doublet, my lady, and my oafish friend is not like to be confused for a coin counter,” Ser Leo wryly allows.

“I have no doubt of your own honor as a knight, ser,” you say. And you mean it well enough. Despite his presentation, the name of House Hightower carries weight. Some might suggest it carries too much weight, though…

“I do believe you, my lady. Doubtless you spoke truths, but my answer remains the same. We will not simply leave our posts to ride the length of the Reach. I will make a report of your troubles and House Hightower will see to your safety,” Ser Leo tells you.

“I am familiar with the workings of court, ser,” you say, trying to keep the frost from your voice. “Surely you can imagine the rumors that would sprout up around me. I do not seek to push my lord father into an early grave with mockery.”

“I say you’ve done nothing worth being mocked,” Ser Harry insists.

“I am grateful for your words, ser,” you say. “but other ladies may be less generous to me. I had the Seven’s fortune to be treated gently, but there are others who would suggest my virtue has been lost.”

Both knights look uncomfortable at your implications. In the past, such words would have been hard enough for you to speak, but you have been exposed to horrors these young knights would not know.

“Leo, she’s not wrong. Best we see her along quietly, yeah? Ser Cuy would understand,” Ser Harry.

“That may be so, but our duty is not to fend off barbs of court. We are to see to the safety of this port. Other matters are for my Lord of Hightower,” Ser Leo points out.

What will you do?
>Make further plea to their honor by confessing of the potential bounty upon your head. Unveiling your knowledge of a plot is worth the ease you would gain from these knights riding at your side.
>Apply Ser Leo’s logic surrounding duty to point out that only one knight is needed here to see to the port. The other could see to your safe journey.
>Simply bid them well, announce you will set off alone, and be on your way. With any luck, at least one of them will feel obliged to follow you.
>Something else.
>>
>>5980326
>>Something else.
Ask if there might be some way for the knights to discretely present us to Lord Hightower (or, more likely, an appropriate representative of the Hightower family given I doubt we rate a private audience with the lord himself) without a full, formal showing at court. The Hightowers are a large and powerful family, surely there is some suitably senior cousin or son they could take us to who could see to it that their duties are covered while they assist us.
Failing that, or if that's something Gwynfred knows would be unlikely, then go for
>Apply Ser Leo’s logic surrounding duty to point out that only one knight is needed here to see to the port. The other could see to your safe journey.
>>
>>5980326
>>
>>5980326
>Make further plea to their honor by confessing of the potential bounty upon your head. Unveiling your knowledge of a plot is worth the ease you would gain from these knights riding at your side.
>>
>>5980326
>Something else.
Could we see Ser Cuy and try to convince him then?
>>
>>5980358
>>5980475
The Ser Cuy idea is viable and meets the intent of "surely there is some suitably senior cousin or son they could take us to who could see to it that their duties are covered while they assist us." He is the superior of these knights within the city watch.
>>
>>5980358
Supporting
>>
>>5980326
change >>5980375 to support >>5980475
>>
>>5980475
+1
Apply the womanly tricks
>>
>>5981220
>tricks
*correction, facts and logic
>>
>>5980326
>>
Calling it for taking this up a step higher. Post will be up tomorrow, hopefully at an earlier hour.

>Can I get 1 roll of 5d6+1 for Status, 1 roll of 5d6 for convince, and 2 rolls of 4d6 for cunning and knowledge respectively
>>
Rolled 5, 2, 6, 4, 5 + 1 = 23 (5d6 + 1)

>>5981823
>>
Rolled 4, 2, 3, 1, 2 = 12 (5d6)

>>5981823
>>
>>5981907
Reroll
>>
>>5981914
fate point?
>>
>>5981929
Attractive
>>
Rolled 4, 6, 2, 5 = 17 (4d6)

>>5981823
>>
Rolled 3, 1, 1, 1 = 6 (4d6)

>>5981823
>>
Gwyn has some rotten luck
>>
Rolled 3, 5, 3, 5, 3 = 19 (5d6)

>>5981907
Reroll for attractive
>>
>>5982041
You only reroll the 1
>>
Rolled 4 (1d6)

>>5981823
>>5981907
FUCK
Reroll for attractive.
>>
“Who is this Ser Cuy?” you ask, backtracking upon Ser Harry’s words.

The two knights exchange looks. “The commander of this watch,” Ser Leo Hightower finally responds.

“Then take me to him. Mayhaps he will see sense,” you insist. The two fresh faced men again take pause at your willfulness, but they ultimately relent. You have given all the helpless grace you are willing to give at this point, finding their collective conflicting hesitance disappointing. Too long in company of soft townswomen, these young knights. From your birthplace in the deeper woods, such placidness would gain no sustainable favor from would be suitors or any other lady of taste.

They lead you to a rustic yet tasteful tavern of all places, a place with a woman’s touch if you had to guess. Hardly the holdfast you’d expected, but perhaps befitting the presumptuous airs this town, or rather city, seems to exude. It is too easy to forget this is the cradle of the Faith and the Citadel both. Even in coming here under the awkward escort of bristling yet busied knights, you catch the ambiance of cheerful gossip amid mummers’ acts and idle music making along the tributaries cradling and radiating from the High Tower. The tavern itself is remarkable for its unremarkableness and its nature as the current seat of the harbor’s knight protector, an aging knight already in his cups at this middling midday hour. And yet when he regards you at Ser Leo’s muttered introductions, you gain sense of a piercing awareness that gives you reminder of… Vaaro of all people.

“My lady, this is Ser Terrence Cuy of the City Watch,” Ser Leo Hightower introduces.

“My lady,” the elder knight gruffly greets. “What brings you to me?”

You begin reciting in brief the tale of your travels and travails that have brought you to this moment, the knight’s beard enveloped frown only deepening in your telling.

“Hold. You were taken at sea… and yet here you are. How did that come about?” Ser Cuy interrupts.

“My cousin is of House Meadows,” you explain. “I was elected to seek ransom.”

“… this makes little sense, my lady. I have never heard of a pirate to cut loose a… woman of good health to seek coin for others. Unless you are the least valued hostage, of which I’d say is not so elsewise all the Reach would know of this, your so-called captor is throwing away good coin for… what? I am at a loss, my lady,” Ser Cuy says. In truth, the old knight hits on a point you as well struggle to understand, but you have had a good amount of time to think and have come up with some answers.
>>
>>5982890
“My latest captor was Tyroshi, ser. Ask mine own saviors of Redwyne from which port they departed. The ship that overtook us was Myrish. I have gathered they had a falling out of sorts,” you explain.

“So, you were stolen after being stolen,” he surmises. “That still does little to explain why you were chosen.”

At that, you are near enough silent. Fragments of explanations and excuses float idly in your thoughts, but you find yourself utterly lacking in the details that Vaaro surely holds, the details that might suggest his motives in so acting against common sense to set you loose upon these greener shores. You feel your mouth open and close stupidly, but to your chagrin you have little more to offer by way of reasoning. By your best reckoning, it is as you said and nothing more. Your abandoned nature leaves you as a somewhat convenient vessel to convey demands. The dirty details need not be discussed with outsiders less word pf your lord father’s actions start damaging your own future legacy.

The knight looks increasingly disappointed, though you still point out, “Does it matter, sesr? At least one innocent lady is like to be sold or worse by these Tyroshi if I do not treat with my kin of Meadows.”

“Right,” he sighs. “I’ve heard enough. Between the both of you might be one good knight in better times. That’ll need to do. I’ll not have it said we left her to roads nor will I put up with more talk for the courts. Remember what I said—”

“Don’t make work for you,” Sers Hightower and Bronston say in near unison.

“Good lads. The Rose Road is as safe as it’s been since the Rebellion at any rate. One of you will accompany our good… Lady Duntreow was it? onwards to Lord Meadows,” Ser Cuy says. The two knights look near as wrongfooted by their superior’s declaration as you are. And yet you are faster to react to his words, suggesting…

You put forth a name to accompany you onwards to Grassy Vale
>You choose Ser Leo Hightower. His skill with a sword is questionable, but he is the
>You choose Ser Harry Bronston. He seems honest and martially capable.
>You will instead suggest Ser Cuy himself. You have little patience for the deference of the younger knights in their decision making.
>Something else.

Separate backround vote on Gwynfryd’s general tastes in men
>You prefer the tall strong knightly type. A harken back to a deep woods upbringing in which strength is a virtue.
>You prefer someone cunning, dangerous even. Your background has had you craving a little excitement in your personal life.
>You prefer someone gentle and safe. Prior experiences with a wayward husband have left a lasting impact on her tastes in any future man.
>Something else.
>>
>>5982891
>>You will instead suggest Ser Cuy himself. You have little patience for the deference of the younger knights in their decision making.
Partly because I don't want to offend either of the other younger knights, partly because I feel Ser Cuy is less likely to try to take advantage of Gwynfred on the road or provide fodder for any unfortunate rumours and partly because his insight and experience may be valuable if we decide to open up to him about out fear someone is plotting against us (although maybe Ser Leo would be more willing to assist us in this matter).
I'm open to being convinced to vote for either of the others though.

>You prefer the tall strong knightly type. A harken back to a deep woods upbringing in which strength is a virtue.
>>
>>5982891
>You choose Ser Leo Hightower. His skill with a sword is questionable, but he is the
The?

>You prefer someone gentle and safe. Prior experiences with a wayward husband have left a lasting impact on her tastes in any future man.
Trauma means she wants someone who can protect her not run away do seven knows what
>>
>>5982891
Leo's name alone will see us through the Vale.

Someone more reliable than the gentlemen Gwyn's already had the misfortune of knowing.
>>
>>5982891

>>
>>5982891

But also we want someone with a big dick after the disappointment with our husband.
>>
>You choose Ser Leo Hightower. His skill with a sword is questionable, but he is the more clever of two knights still in their prime.**
This is what I get for posting when half awake.
>>
>>5982891
>Something else

I'm going to propose a combination of the strong and knightly and the kind and gentle, Gwyns experiences have likely at least in some fashion demured her to the dangerous types and her previous marriage has proved not all knights are good.

At the same time she isn't stone hearted, an athletic build is diserable as long as there is a man who can be meek and gentle in his manner when not at arms.

Tldr: A chivalrous man I suppose, who can be an attractive knight and a gentle (if not caring) husband.
>>
>>5982891
> You prefer someone gentle and safe. Prior experiences with a wayward husband have left a lasting impact on her tastes in any future man.
>>
>>5983121
+1 to this
>>
>>5982891
Change type preference from >>5982971 to >>5983121
>>
>>5982891

>You prefer the tall strong knightly type. A harken back to a deep woods upbringing in which strength is a virtue

When in doubt, fall back on what we know and understand.
>>
>>5982891
>You choose Ser Leo Hightower. His skill with a sword is questionable, but he is the more clever of two knights still in their prime
>>
>>5982891
>>You choose Ser Harry Bronston. He seems honest and martially capable.
>>
>>5982891

>>5983121
Supporting this for male archetype
>>
Calling it for Ser Leo Hightower and a desire for gentle/safe/chivalrous in a suitor. Also noting her lack of interest in, or general outgrowth of, dangerous/roguish types. I've been wrapping up some professional obligations and am dead tired. The post will be up tomorrow night. Silver lining is that I expect to be able to post consistently for the rest of the week.
>>
Gwyn likes the good boys, good thing Vaaro has moved on.
>>
File: Ser Leo Hightower.jpg (105 KB, 563x888)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
“I am sure Ser Hightower is perfectly capable of escorting me up the Roseroad,” you say, implying your preferences without giving slight to the other martial men present. The knights seem surprised at your suggestion, Ser Leo more so than the others. Compared to the other knights, he is dressed more for court than the road. And yet he is not without a sword hanging off his belt. You will be kind and assume this is out of humility rather than a sign of a knight lax in his duties. If nothing else, he at least seemed diligent in his work.

You have had a lifetime of posturing boys boasting of their dangerousness. Even those vile sellswords had their swagger about them. You find it all to be so tiresome. Now, you seek only the quiet companionship of a good honest man. Not that you can be sure this knight fits that description. A lady must work with what is presented.

“Right. You’re up to the task, lad?” Ser Cuy asks.

“I suppose I must defer to your judgement, ser,” Ser Leo Hightower begrudgingly agrees with his superior before turning to regard you. “On my honor as a knight, I will see you safely onto Grassy Vale, my lady.”

“Good enough for me. Take of one my horses for her. The palfrey would do. I will be wanting her back. She was a gift from my boy,” Ser Cuy says.

You end up having to wait a short while at the tavern while Ser Leo sees to preparations. Ser Cuy makes for a less than enthusiastic conversation partner. He pays more mind to his ale, only periodically asking after details of Tyrosh. You mentioned in passing the gossip your wanton cousin Ellyn spoke of the Tyroshi feud with Lys. The old knight found this to be of far greater interest, but he sunk back into his cups when you proved to know little more than rumors. He spared more attentions for the full-figured barmaid, a woman closer to him in age than to you. From there, you must admit you turned to brooding. It is beyond you why men raised with knightly virtues cannot keep to their wives. It also reminded you too much of that mustachioed sellsword, Harlor you think he was called, and his lechery with the innkeep.
>>
>>5985557
You offer words of curt thanks to Ser Cuy for his troubles when Ser Leo returns with a squire and horses in tow, already more than prepared to see the back of this city. The knight has now armored himself in a smokey grey breastplate and fine leather riding boots. You must admit he cuts a more impressive figure than he did acting the steward upon the docks. He steadies a russet-colored palfrey for you to mount, a horse you judge to be remarkably good breeding for an old tavern dwelling knight.

“We have a good deal of riding in front of us, my lady. The Roseroad does not entirely lack for inns, but you may find the hedges more plentiful. I must confess I am not sure of my lady’s comfort in travel,” Ser Leo says.

What is your preference?
>State your preference for inns.
>State your desire to travel with greater haste. You are fine with hedges if that gets you to your uncle faster. A hedge of the Reach is nothing to the wilds of the Rainwood.
>Something else/something to add.

On your traveling mannerisms
>The knowledge that you are now truly free again has put you in better spirits. You lower your shield a touch and converse in a friendlier and more charming manner with Ser Leo.
>You maintain a cordial disposition as you travel, taking more of your usual tone in dealing with a noble who you might encounter at court. You wish to maintain appearances even on the road.
>You are more guarded and alert. You will not be taken advantage of again.
>>
>>5985560
>>State your desire to travel with greater haste. You are fine with hedges if that gets you to your uncle faster. A hedge of the Reach is nothing to the wilds of the Rainwood.
>You maintain a cordial disposition as you travel, taking more of your usual tone in dealing with a noble who you might encounter at court. You wish to maintain appearances even on the road.
>>
>>5985560
>>State your preference for inns.
>The knowledge that you are now truly free again has put you in better spirits. You lower your shield a touch and converse in a friendlier and more charming manner with Ser Leo.
>>
>>5985560
>State your desire to travel with greater haste. You are fine with hedges if that gets you to your uncle faster. A hedge of the Reach is nothing to the wilds of the Rainwood.
We are not some pampered Highgarden lady

Doesn't hurt to know him better
>>
>>5985560
Will Ser Leo bring a camping kit? Do we need to prepare for this?
Are we though?
>>
>>5985560
>>
>>5985560
Mix of the two plus some preparations if ser Leo is not thinking of all the logistics, we can't be fussy but at least one night in a inn in the heart of the reach would be good and relatively safe, after that we can push hard for home.

plus it allows Gwyn to get a better idea of Ser Leo's character.
>>
>>5985560

>>
>>5985700
>Will Ser Leo bring a camping kit? Do we need to prepare for this?
He has provisions and shouldn't be expecting you to provide for yourself under the circumstances. It would be more appropriate for him to be reimbursed by Lord Meadows or a steward rather than bring up expenses with a lady.

The vote is still open. Please feel free to add in any topics of discussion or details you'd like to explore. I don't think the disposition part of the vote is going to change by later tonight, so I'm going to call for rolls a little early.

>Can I get 3 rolls of 3d6 for Charm and 2 rolls of 3d6 for Awareness (1 for empathy and 1 for notice)? Please feel free to reroll 1's on those first 3 rolls.
>>
Rolled 2, 2, 6 = 10 (3d6)

>>5986024
Ask him about his family and life
>>
Rolled 6, 3, 2 = 11 (3d6)

>>5986024
>>
Rolled 4, 3, 1 = 8 (3d6)

>>5986024
>>
Rolled 5 (1d6)

>>5986143
>>
Rolled 5, 6, 1 = 12 (3d6)

>>5986024
>>
The post probably won't be up til tomorrow at this rate. Still need 1 more Awareness roll of 3d6. I also just remembered you're supposed to be able to reroll a single d6 on Awareness tests with Gwyn from Blood of the Andals. The caveat is normally that you're supposed to take the reroll even if it's lower, but I think I'm just going to change that to a blanket +1b to Awareness tests to prevent any further slowdowns in play. With that in mind, can I get +1d6 to this roll>>5986231

>Can I also get that 1 additional roll of 4d6 for Awareness, 1 roll of 4d6 for Riding, and 1 roll of 3d6 for Endurance?
>>
Rolled 4, 3, 6 = 13 (3d6)

>>5986024
>>
Rolled 2, 2, 4, 5 = 13 (4d6)

>>5986267
I'll roll again to speed things up
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>5986267
+1b6
>>
Rolled 4, 3, 4, 2 = 13 (4d6)

>>5986267
>>
Rolled 6, 3, 6 = 15 (3d6)

>>5986267
>>
>>5986028
>>5986063
>>5986143
These 3 rolls in their totality make for an increase in Ser Leo Hightower's disposition towards Gwyn from indifferent to amiable, giving you a +1 to future persuasion rolls. Partial success on riding, so you won't slow him down too much. Great success on awareness (empathy). Partial success on awareness (notice). Another great success on endurance. Less fatigue from extended riding, then. There's a surprise after the drinking fails. The post will be up during the day tomorrow (EDT,) so probably less than 12 hrs from now. Noted the post on asking about Ser Leo's family/life. I will add in any other details/questions to the post if requested.
>>
>>5987072
Test how much of a gentleman he is by appearing vulnerable, nude or something.
>>
>>5987308
I can work something in for this. Not nude because that would be more of a voting situation, but testing his character a little makes sense. The post will be up tonight at more of a regular time. It started to get a little longer, and I didn't have time to wrap it up earlier.
>>
>>5987370
Everything alright Boggs?
>>
>>5987860
Yeah I just fell asleep with my hand on the keyboard while typing and decided to call it quits when I saw I'd made a whole page of the letter t. It'll be up later for sure. Sorry for all the delays.
>>
>>5987997
Don't sweat it
>>
After assuring Ser Leo of your comfort on the road, you settle on a compromise to find an inn further along once you have made suitable progress. You are of the Rainwood. A few nights beneath a hedge or under a crofter’s roof is of no great trouble. Even so, you do not wish to enter your lord uncle’s hall dangling twigs and leaves from your hair. A night of rest before announcing your return from the grave feels appropriate.

As the city gates near, you steal glimpses backwards of the great dome of the Starry Sept Would that this were a visit for pleasure. It has always been something of a dream to see the great wonders here and in other cities beyond, a dream that you had buried at some point during your wedded years. And yet now some adventure of sorts, if only a brief one, does feel within your grasp. So long as you are still on the road, you are free. The notion puts you in remarkably better spirits. To be sure, this may all come to a grinding halt when you return to court. You have no notion of how you will be received by your uncles or even your father, but those are worries for another day.

Tears come to your eyes unbidden as you leave the city behind, making you grateful for the inattentiveness of Ser Hightower and his squire. Your lady mother spoke fondly of these lands in your youth, but you never had chance to travel them. The rolling green pastures and plains beneath the clear blue sky is a sight you have never seen before. Your ancestral home is far greener, but it is a wild place. Here, this is peace distilled. You feel a genuine smile strain at your cheeks and quicken the pace of your riding. The other two riders are quick to match you, and you proceed together at a carefree trot.

Your thighs ache when you dismount for the evening, finding a clearing in the hedges in sight of the road. You are surprised to find your legs don’t feel like jelly as they did after riding in your youth You have the strength enough to insist on helping with Ser Leo’s tent, more a small grey pavilion suited for a bachelor knight attending a tourney ground.

“Do you ride in tourneys, ser?” you ask while trying to turn their dried meat into an edible stew. You were politely suggested to this task by Ser Leo’s young squire, a Garth Westbrook, after mostly getting in his way with the pavilion.

“I have dabbled. It has been a couple years, though. You are this tent’s savior, my lady. Any longer and the moths would have had it,” Ser Leo answers, less enthused on the topic than you expected. Being the keeper of many sore secrets yourself, you don’t pry overmuch, instead making small talk over family relations. You find he is the only son of a branch broken off from the main line of House Hightower.
>>
>>5989083
“I have a sister by the name of Ellyn. She was wed a few moons past. It is how I came by this unfortunate creature,” Ser Leo waves at his squire who is in the process of fanning out his tunic after spilling stew upon it. The boy sticks his tongue out to his knight’s laughter.

“Would that my cousin could find such happiness,” you smile kindly.

“Ser Leo will take her. He’s not betrothed now,” Garth pipes up, earning a darker glare from Ser Leo.

“Oh, I would not inflict my Lady Ellyn upon Ser Leo after he has been so good to aid me. She can be quite the handful,” you say to lessen the unintended slight from the boy.

“And what of you, my lady? I must confess wondering as to why you travel the Reach when your lord father or your own husband could have carried this message,” Ser Leo says.

“My lord father will understand my reasons in time,” you say, politely stepping around your tenuous relationship with your father and his small court, “and I have had no husband since the war.”

“My apologies—” he starts.

“Please, ser. I am not wearing black. I would have you treat me like any other unwed lady,” you insist.

“As you say, my lady,” Ser Leo says. He stares at you for a moment too long before averting his gaze back to his stew. You carry on this little dance, neither of you saying too much or too little, until it is time to retire. You find the sleeping arrangement to be a touch awkward to say the least. This is, after all, a bachelor’s pavilion. It is not suited for the purposes of a very eligible knight and lady to contentedly rest their woes. A divider of sorts is added to the interior, but it is a flimsy thing. The saving grace, really, is Garth. The young squire takes place at the entranceway like a loyal hound, his feet blessedly pointed in your direction. Only at this do you feel safe to rest your eyes. This is meant less as a slight to Ser Leo’s honor but rather the lack of trust you have left for menfolk at large. After everything, you went weeks guarded for a whimsical assault upon your person. The second day is much the same. Idle yet productive riding with light banter and idle looks around the campfire. You feel a sense of kinship grow with your traveling companions, though. Their general levity and lack of intrusiveness is freshness upon the already fresh air.
>>
>>5989084
On the third day, though, you camp near a crofter’s lot. Tired of resurrected dried beef, Ser Leo runs with the notion to trade for better fare. He reaches into his pack mule’s saddlebag for some coin, an unremarkable task if not for what you catch glimpse of. Solid gold dragons, no more no less. In the possession of some, this would be an unremarkable observance, but here you’d sooner expect those dragons to take flight. Young knights with no prospect of lordships would sooner be found peddling in silver. The discovery eats at you until you bring it into the light amidst the very welcome addition of a rabbit and chicken to your evening meal. The casual spoken observance of gold compliments the apple cider procured from the crofter. Ser Leo looks upon you across the crackling flames of the campfire, his expression dulled in stark contrast from his usual openness. You sought not to judge or pry, but the unusual sight was surely game enough for fireside talk. It is not as if you could rob the man.

“It is coin left over from better times, my lady. No more, no less,” Ser Leo confesses, “mine own father was well placed within the Bank of Oldtown.”

“I have heard of this bank,” you reply. You’d heard that Oldtown lent coin in the stylings of the Free Cities, but you lacked in detail. It only made sense that House Hightower had a hand in the pot, so to speak.

“The bank fell alongside the king. A great many houses of the Reach did not make good on their debts at war’s end… and it did not help when we lost a good deal of coin to the Usurper’s eastern sellswords,” he continues.

“That’s when ser nearly got killed,” his squire helpfully adds. Ser Leo frowns at him but sees no need to rebuke him, instead simply confirming in brief that he nearly perished while fighting at sea. He does not indulge in lengthy war stories as many other returning knights have in your presence, instead preferring to retire for the evening shortly after the talk of his family’s fall from grace. The scion on a banking family with no bank relying upon dwindling coin. It paints a rather desperate portrait that you do not see him remedying. Position with the city watch lends the ear of his more powerful cousins of Hightower, but knights in such positions are regarded as little better than the common footmen serving beneath them. It makes you wonder at what ambition he really holds. His desire to present you to court at first meeting might suggest he holds some desires for advancement, but he did not contest this journey in its place.
>>
>>5989086
You follow Ser Leo and Garth into the tent after a short while beside the dying fire, beginning your burgeoning nightly routine of relieving yourself in the nearby hedges before slipping into comfortable attire. Your Essosi dresswear may provoke the wrong sort of attentions in daylight, but donning a layer of it over your smallclothes is blessedly comfortable. You’d also thought it might block the prying eyes of a young knight sleeping in close quarters. Or rather a squire. The boy is harmless at his age, but his yelp after a swift kick from his master gives away his attempts at peaking on you not long after your quiet return. You suppress a smile at his boyish folly. You have caught his knightly counterpart stealing subtle looks as well, but he hasn’t given sign of more bestial urges. No more than might be expected. As hard as it is to reconcile alongside your late husband’s sparse affections, you are not unaware that you have had an effect upon men since flowering. Your lady mother was sure to make you pay heed to as much.

Thoughts do turn to your appearances at Grassfield Keep. How you present yourself could affect the delivery of your message and how you are received in turn. Your mother tends to be more proper in her outward appearances, but you do not know if that extends to the rest of your kin of Meadows. Joslyn is the daughter of your younger uncle, a man you remember to be a kindly knight who doted upon her before they parted ways. But that is the extent of your experiences with your mother’s kin. In truth, you have not met your lordlier uncle as a lady grown and never in his own hall. You know House Meadow’s ties to your father to be somewhat strained after their opposing sides in the Rebellion. Your father has held Reachmen to blame for the deaths of your brothers, at least when deep in his cups, but they may very well be unaware of his ire. They are much wealthier than your birth house as well, enjoying the fruits of the market town lying at the foot of their stronghold. With all of this in mind, you decide on your garb.

>You lean into wearing your traveling attire. You wish to present yourself as a beleaguered lady in need of comfort and aid.
>You plan to lean into your figure through Vaaro’s gifted dress. You wish to leave a lasting impression of a lady unbroken from your ordeals.
>You will mix your outfits, aiming to show some status in a more subdued manner.

Also taking any further suggestions/write-ins for anything else you'd like to cover or any questions you have for your traveling companions before reaching Grassy Vale. You do have plans to stop at an inn a day or two prior to arriving. Thanks for the patience with my delays.
>>
>>5989088
>You plan to lean into your figure through Vaaro’s gifted dress. You wish to leave a lasting impression of a lady unbroken from your ordeals.
We must look strong not weak. The weak are taken advantage of.
>>
>>5989088
>>
>>5989088
>You lean into wearing your traveling attire. You wish to present yourself as a beleaguered lady in need of comfort and aid.
>>
>>5989088
>>You lean into wearing your traveling attire. You wish to present yourself as a beleaguered lady in need of comfort and aid.

As to topics of conversation, could we ask Leo what he knows of our Meadows family? After all he's a fellow Reachman and a Hightower besides, even a lowly cousin in the watch must hear something. The squire too.
>>
>>5989088
>>5989170 Had good suggestions though
>>
>>5989088
If we're stopping at an inn then don't forget to bathe and get scented.
>>
>>5989088
>You will mix your outfits, aiming to show some status in a more subdued manner.

>>5989170
Supporting this for conversation material
>>
>>5989088

I imagine Gwynfryd despises anything she can associate with Vaaro including his taste in clothing also I don't really see Gwyn really being interested in appealing to the other sex through overt sexualising, not to say its permanently off the cards, its just more subtle and conservative.

>>5989170
+1 getting any idea of our extended families position after the war could be useful.
>>
>>5989088
>>You will mix your outfits, aiming to show some status in a more subdued manner.
>>
File: westeros-the-reach.png (90 KB, 1156x1728)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
I'm going to start on the post in a few. Looking over the maps, I can see that I was underestimating the traveling distance by a lot. I'm going to need a few more rolls.

>Can I get 1 roll of 4d6 for Riding, and 1 roll of 3d6 for Endurance, and 1 roll of 1d6 for the safety of the road?
>>
Rolled 3, 1, 6, 5 = 15 (4d6)

>>5990273
>>
Rolled 1, 6, 2 = 9 (3d6)

>>5990273
>>
Rolled 3 (1d6)

>>5990273
>>
>>5990275
Good progress/keeping up.
>>5990287
Getting tired, but not overly fatigued yet.
>>5990311
This is fine for a peaceful area. Only a 1 would've been a problem. Whenever I ask for 1d6 to bring in some randomness to encounters, low is bad and high is good. Post will be up very soon.
>>
Your mind has turned to making something of a statement. You have been groped and stripped and insulted beyond your wildest dreams. Others will fairly assume you have been subjected to worse. You have been the subject of court gossip before, and you do not intend to fall so deep down that pit again. You must look strong. For your own sake. For your own dignity.

Your future may well depend on it. Your lack of ransoming still stings. Your lord father wrote you off even before your false demise, doubtless with your scheming uncle whispering in his ear. In truth, you have no real grasp on the mind of Lord Domeric Duntreow. He was doting yet distant with you in your youth, much preferring to focus his attentions upon your knightly brothers. The distance only seemed to grow after the Rebellion with your father no longer his jovial self. You have begun to consider the real possibility that he may yet see you sidelined in favor of your uncle’s line. Tradition of birthrights being what they are, daughters have still been sidelined before, even those with cause to war for their claims. It may not take much. One more scandalous rumor. More whispered counsel against you. A quarrel. An unfortunate accident. The Rainwood is known for them…

You look at the idyllic fields around you on your ride towards the Mander River bend. The same dangers do not seem to lurk here. If anything, the rolling fields of green and their multitudes of flowering plants have only deepened in their beauty. The smallfolk tiling the fields give curious looks but are otherwise harmless. You need only yield the road twice, once to a bloated wheat caravan and again to a pair of racing lordlings. Ser Leo had a bit of grumbling about that, making idle threats to ride after them, but you pressed on with little incident. A part of you envies your mother her childhood here and understands her melancholy all the better. In recent years, you came to realize that she never truly loved your father. You’d thought some of the due to their gap in age and mannerisms, but you could see yourself begrudging a man who would take you away from these peaceful lands and into the deep wilds.
>>
>>5990593
Highgarden lingers on the horizon as you make camp for the night, a sight like no other even at the distance. The fields astride the road are filled with golden roses, and the castle beyond is nothing short of a wonder with its layered white walls and hedge mazes. The placement of its towers and keeps seems more whimsical than strategic, but that only adds to its charm in your eyes. You should very much like to explore it. You even voice as much as you tie your horse to a peach tree ripe with fruits.

“Perhaps another time, my lady,” Ser Leo comments, a bit stiffly given the circumstances.

“Is something amiss, ser?” you ask.

“House Tyrell is much to blame for my family’s downturn. Their lords bannermen defaulted on loans with no fear of reprisal. Lord Mace did not back us at war’s end, claiming all had suffered enough without needing to turn beggar over past debts,” Ser Leo explains. “To guest under the man’s roof now…”

“I would not ask it,” you assure, not looking to wear upon your escort’s pride. “As you said, another time. You may make it up to me by grabbing the ripest peach.”

The Hightower knight makes to say something then loses his words for a moment, instead obliging you by fetching the tree’s bounty while his squire sees to the tent. You smooth out your skirt and seat yourself in the grass, eager to kneed the knots from your legs without being too unseemly about it. Ser Leo does take note, though.

“We should see to an inn soon. Appleton is not terribly far… near enough halfway to Grassy Vale. We can stop again at Bitterbridge to freshen for court,” Ser Leo suggests.

“Am I not fresh enough now, ser?” you ask in jest, laughing him off when he takes you at word and makes to correct himself. “You do have the right of it. I should like to wear a scent other than horse when I see my lord uncle… I must confess I hardly know him well enough for anything less.”

“Lord Gordan Meadows? I have not had the honor of his personal company myself,” Ser Leo says.

“Suely you could tell me more of him, ser. It has been too long since I have heard of my lady mother’s kin,” you press.

“I can only speak to what I know, my lady… for whatever that may be worth. Lord Gordan is said to be a fair enough lord... openhanded but not a debtor. He is one for feasting. Ser Edric is his eldest and a fair hand in the joust. He rode in the van at Ashford and acquitted himself well. He wed a Fossoway as I recall. There was a sizeable tourney back when I was still a squire,” Ser Leo says.
>>
>>5990594
You were vaguely aware of that much. Your mother had wanted to attend that same wedding, but your father declined, his mind still bent on combing the entirety of the deep woods in search of bandits. Ellyn and Donmar’s own father had fallen in a skirmish not long before word of the nuptials reached Halllowgrove. “What of Ser Geremy? He is father to my sweet cousin and a knight of my lord uncle’s court.”

“Of him I know little, my lady,” Ser Leo confesses before fixing you with one of his appraising looks.

“I would offer you a penny for your thoughts if I still had my coin purse, ser,” you tease.

“It is only that I wonder again at your aim here, my lady,” he replies.

“I am not sure what you mean,” you say.

“You have undertaken a quest from Tyrosh to treat with kin you hardly know in lands you have never seen with a knight you have only just met… you have said this is for the sake of your young cousin…”

“Do you doubt me, ser?” you ask.

“I have no cause to. Truly, I admire your courage. It is only that I am unsure of your aims. It would have been easy enough to have your lord father send a messenger. Surely you have considered this, so I must again wonder why you are here and not in the Rainwood,” he says.

What is your goal right now?
>You wish to return to Hallowgrove with all haste. Securing your position is worth the risks to you. You have only traveled here first to avoid walking straight into a trap.
>You would like linger here in the safe haven of the Reach. You will send message to Ser Donar and seek out friends here, perhaps even considering suitors.
>You really are here to fulfil your promise to Joslyn. Your priority is seeing to the safety of your cousins. You intend to push your uncles to allow you to return to Tyrosh as a guide for those who will see Joslyn freed.
>>
>>5990595
>You would like linger here in the safe haven of the Reach. You will send message to Ser Donar and seek out friends here, perhaps even considering suitors.
Tough choice. Heading straight into the lion's den without friends might be fatal though.
>>
>>5990595
>>
>>5990595
>>
>>5990595
>You really are here to fulfil your promise to Joslyn. Your priority is seeing to the safety of your cousins. You intend to push your uncles to allow you to return to Tyrosh as a guide for those who will see Joslyn freed.
>>
>>5990595
>>
>>5990595
>>You really are here to fulfil your promise to Joslyn. Your priority is seeing to the safety of your cousins. You intend to push your uncles to allow you to return to Tyrosh as a guide for those who will see Joslyn freed.
>>
>>5990595
>>You wish to return to Hallowgrove with all haste. Securing your position is worth the risks to you. You have only traveled here first to avoid walking straight into a trap.

Time spent here damages Gwyn's legitimacy as heir and furthers the damage of any rumours.
>>
>>5990595
>You wish to return to Hallowgrove with all haste. Securing your position is worth the risks to you. You have only traveled here first to avoid walking straight into a trap.
>>
If anyone hasn't voted and has some sort of preference, then please do so. I'd like to avoid flipping for more important decisions like this.
>>
Did we (Gwyn) agree to go back to Essos? I don't remember, just went through the thread real quick but I don't think we did. If we said we'd come back with a ransom, then I think we should. I don't know what the dynamic is between Tyrosh and the Iron Throne, can they just decide to fuck over a bunch of Knights or (Men-at-Arms) paying a ransom if they want to and there'd just be no recourse? Is that something Gwyn would know?

Anyway, I think Gywn's primary motivation is a bit of REVENGE (as voted on last thread) and I don't see how getting trapped in a low tier marriage or sheltering in the Reach will help that out (assuming she wants revenge against not only against whoever set her up, but also Vaaro/Navaen)
>>
>>5991628
>can they just decide to fuck over a bunch of Knights or (Men-at-Arms) paying a ransom
I don't know specifics, but I would assume hostage situations are handled by similar laws to slavery, hostages may even be considered slaves in some way. If it were ever discovered that someone had kept a person after being paid for them, they would be collared themselves.
>don't see how ... sheltering in the Reach will help that out
Taking time with travel may open more opportunities to gather resources, followers, and/or power that would not be possible being hasty.

I agree that potential partners seems like a bad idea at the moment, but I think gathering local information at least would be a good move, but opportunities present themselves constantly so it is better to be working on something so there's something to show even if nothing else pans out.
Interesting that Gwyn is already entertaining the idea of suitors though... perhaps she's not so prudish after all...
>>
>>5991638
Yeah, I'll vote
>You would like linger here in the safe haven of the Reach. You will send message to Ser Donar and seek out friends here
Unless QM says Gywn said she'd go back to Vaaro.
>>
>>5991628
>Did we (Gwyn) agree to go back to Essos?
Not explicitly. She only agreed to procure the ransom, but in theory someone else could deliver it. It depends on how far Gwyn's sense of duty extends.

>I don't know what the dynamic is between Tyrosh and the Iron Throne, can they just decide to fuck over a bunch of Knights or (Men-at-Arms) paying a ransom if they want to and there'd just be no recourse? Is that something Gwyn would know?
Her knowledge of the larger dynamics would be limited, but generally speaking it would have the potential to create a diplomatic incident given how unacceptable it is to attack men delivering ransom just about anywhere. Tyrosh is supposed to be a merchantile city, not a pirate's den, though the lines could seem blurred through some eyes.

>Anyway, I think Gywn's primary motivation is a bit of REVENGE (as voted on last thread)
I needed to give this another look, too. It came out to 4 for Survival 7 for Power 5 for Revenge and 3 for a write-in combo of Survival and Power. The power emphasis being that she is angry about the implications that she was discarded or sidelined after everything. It's less a case of it being a lost lifelong ambition as she only technically qualified to be an heir when her niece died. It's more the sense of betrayal and maybe wanting to get what she deserves for a change. Revenge can fit with that, too. I'd say a general motivation of anger that she's been forced to push down a bit under the circumstances would check all of the boxes. Other factors might be her established strong desire to have children at this point in her life and perhaps her anger towards her father causing her to not immediately return out of spite. That hasn't really come out much in the quest yet, though. The other thing I can't speak to much is the extent to which her anger will be directed at Vaaro. Some discussion has pointed towards a deeper hatred, but we haven't directly established that IC yet. I think we will have opportunity to establish that soon with how she presents her story to Lord Meadows.
>>
>>5991648
>I needed to give this another look, too. It came out to 4 for Survival 7 for Power 5 for Revenge and 3 for a write-in combo of Survival and Power
Oh, whoops. I've had it in my head this whole time it was revenge. She does have Dutiful as a trait, so I can understand her wanting to go herself so I'll swap to
>You really are here to fulfil your promise to Joslyn. Your priority is seeing to the safety of your cousins.
With
>You would like linger here in the safe haven of the Reach. You will send message to Ser Donar and seek out friends here
If the Uncles insist we don't.
>>
>>5990595
Gwyn's house has treated her like garbage. Let them wait. Send a letter to our father explaining what we are doing and add a line that we take ransoming seriously.
>>
File: The Reach.jpg (513 KB, 1024x1318)
513 KB
513 KB JPG
I'm going to call it here and start asking for rolls. My plan is to have the post up in the morning. Honestly, I have been struggling to stay consistent with my late night posting schedule and have been noticing more typos as well. It's not overall quality that I'd like it to be. I'd like to fix that, and switching my posting time to when I'm more coherent is probably the best way to do it.

>Can I please get 1 roll of 5d6 for convincing Ser Leo to trust your words, along with a last round of travel rolls: 1 roll of 4d6 for riding, 1 roll of 3d6 for endurance, and 1 roll of 1d6 for the safety of the road.

And because this is something that we should establish a little more clearly. I have this vote open until morning:

How does Gwyn feel about Vaaro?
>You wish to see him punished. You still hold him responsible for the humiliations you endured and regard him as culpable in your niece's death.
>You are wary of him and would prefer to keep your distance. You really don't know what to make of him other than that he is dangerous and not to be trusted.
>You see him as a potential ally. You do not agree with his ways, but time and distance have allowed you to reflect and find gratitude in how he has treated you.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.