[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1694301614332447.png (443 KB, 1143x1312)
443 KB
443 KB PNG
Lucian, once a peasant, has ascended the ranks to become a Grail Knight. Now he must return to Bretonnia, to the Duchy of Mousillon. There the threat of Vampirism, those under the Sway of Nagash, seek to send forth their terror upon Bretonnia.

++The Rules++
>Vote with Greentext, otherwise they probably won’t be accepted.
>Write-ins can be accepted, and might even be used in the final without majority rule.
>If you are going to change your vote, make it so your post only links to the numbers of the previous vote. It's cleaner that way.
>If you mix votes together without modifying them in any way, I reserve the right to employ your top most pick as your vote. Claiming it as a write-in won’t work either unless you modify it to convince me otherwise.
>The aim for rolls is low. Crits override (1’s overrides 100’s)

Archive:
https://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Bretonnia

For the update schedule expect to be semi-daily with the chance I disappear for a week. If something comes up for myself I am placing that before this quest, so that should be kept in mind.

Dramatis Personae

Morr’s Company
Lucian the Durand Grail Knight
Adok Fireskin Runesmith
Tee-Ny-Tyny Mage-Priest of the Heavens
Bok
Satherafax Sun Dragon

Duchy of Bordeleaux
Duke Moriset; Knight of the Realm Duke of Bordeleaux and Regent of Aquitaine
Ducal Prince Gillot; Knight Errant Heir to Bordeleaux
Luquin; Knight of the Realm Court Herald
Robinet; Knight of the Realm Warden
Emelina of Carlton Niece to Duke Moriset
Count Remon Mentor to Lucian

Duchy of Aquitaine
Albera the Golden; Damsel of the Lady; Priestess of the First Chapel
Sir Galandril Grail Knight Warden of the First Chapel and Twin Slayer
>>
File: file.png (1.04 MB, 1024x640)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
The sun rose to the highest point in the sky from the east. Beyond the sun were lands of the Fey, creatures who kept to their island realm. They did not worry themselves with the affairs of the other realms. They were untouched by the mystic terrors of Necromancy and have not felt the true touch of chaos in so long that many have forgotten what it was like.

For those who sailed though the memory was freshly born upon their flesh. Scars, injuries, bones that had only recently healed from the terrors that were inflicted upon them. They were the survivors of a nearly decade long battle against the forces of Chaos as they attempted to take their island away from them.

They were saved though. Saved by a Knight in Black and Golden armor who was but a foreigner to their lands. Yet through his might and chivalry he brought down the terrors that threatened to take their livelihoods away from them and turn them into the slaves of dark powers.

It was under his banner, a Raven consuming a cluster of grapes, did they make sail towards the Lands of Bretonnia. Just as the foreigner saw their lands of another world entirely consumed by the fogs of mystery, these men were traveling to lands of their own myth. Where hordes of green monsters roamed and men armored from head to toe did battle against them and each other.

As their King stood at the front most vessel, the men were resolved for their mission. To give to the man who had rescued their people what he needed. What that was, was an army who could help destroy the forces of chaos who infested the Divine Warrior’s own realm.

They all watched as the man flew above them upon the back of a golden dragon. The beast easily the size of a vessel, it was their only way to navigate the seas. Indeed they had never ventured further than the sight of their coastlines.

Now, in open waters, they knew to fear Mann. Each of them watched the horizon with baited breath as they wondered if the God of the Seas would strike them down for trying to so brazenly cross his waters.

After all, each of them knew that Mann’s monster still inhabited the waves underneath their very ships.
>>
File: file.png (136 KB, 197x256)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
Lucian the Durand was a Grail Knight.

This was an honor that the Lady of the Lake had bestowed upon him with the support of Morr. He had gone from the port of Bordeleauxe and graped filled hills of Aquitaine towards the mountains of Bastonne. He had crossed through the Grey Mountains and take a vessel from Marienburg to the misty isles of Albion.

It seemed to Lucian, with every step he took, that a travesty was upon him. That he was some kind of Herald of Ruin whose appearance was to spell some kind of catastrophe which would rock the foundations of the realm that Lucian stepped into.

Let them be Orks, Skaven, Necromancers, Monsters, a Vampire, or even a Demi-God, Lucian had triumphed against them all. He had driven each and every one of them into the ground before his feet and caused their schemes to take the realm to fail.

For these deeds Lucian went from a Peasant to a Knight of the Grail.

Power flowed through his veins from the divine power of the Grail and blood of Morr. His chest was emblazoned with the Rune of Dregni, a hateful power that hated all the things that Lucian also hated and so was empowered by it.

The Scythe in his hands was encrusted with the Rune of Smiting. Among the Albions it had been rumored to be a Dragon Slayer, a Giant Killer even. But it was ultimately the reaper of those who should have already died. If the blow was right, let them be alive or dead, it would kill them in an explosion of might and power.

A distance from Lucian the waters began to move. Rising from the depths of the Ocean was a hideous monster who had many tentacles and mouths, a creature who looked to have been touched by Chaos but was simply a terror from the unseen depths of the Ocean.

It was the one creature who Lucian had challenged and failed to kill. The Monster of Mann, the creature set upon the island of Albion by Mann to prevent Chaos from reinforcing. Yet Mann does not care about men, only his law and rights to the open seas.

>Stare the damned fish down
>Go in for a first strike with the scythe
>Dragon fire shall be thrown at it
>>
>>5985315
Maybe it will go away
>>
>>5985315
>>Go in for a first strike with the scythe
FUCK YOU MAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
>>
>>5985315
>Sttare the fish down
>>
>>5985315
>Give an apology and a warning "Mann! I must give you the proper apology that you deserve, for I didn't abided to your laws and disrespected a strict but fair Captain in the middle of your reign. But that's my transgression to you, tell your Beast, your Guardian of the Seas, to let these Albians cross your realm with safety towards our destiny! They will be crucial to fighting the Chaos forces that are gathering on my Homeland, about to wreak havok on the rest of the World! A gangrenous wound untreated kill the body, and Chaos is the must disgusting and parasitic force in this existence, so tell your Guardian to let us pass, because I value more the lives of these people than the lives of your Monster."
>>
Stare the damn fish down
>>5985426
>>5985434
>>5985690

Strike it!
>>5985434
>>
File: file.png (194 KB, 350x238)
194 KB
194 KB PNG
Satharifax hung in the air above the creature, Lucian giving him no command or suggestions to bring the two of them down to strike at the monster. Lucian could feel the eyes of the monster watching him from their distance, each of those dreadful eyes studying him with an inhuman intellect of a creature who should not possess it.

Lucian wondered if it was a creation of Mann or something that existed in the seas before the God took hold of them. Either way it was clear to the Knight that the creature was under the sway of the sea god and for that he needed to placate the god.

“Mann!” He shouted at the top of his voice so that all can hear him speak the words, “I give you the long overdue apology that I owed you. I neglected your laws while traveling within your domain.”

The creature did not shift, and neither did Satharifax upon the announcement of past sins. Lucian wondered what the Dragon would think of such words, but that did not really matter at this moment.

“But now, Mann, your Guardian of the Seas prevents myself and the people of Albion from attaining our destiny. He prevents us from sailing to the lands of Bretonnia to rip the taint that is Chaos from the lands of man and your siblings!” Lucian declared with all the weight he could in those words, “Now call off your beast, or by the will of the Lady and Morr I shall cut it down!”

It was a harsh declaration. One that was basically spitting in the face of the sea god. But Lucian had a guess that the other Gods who Lucian was oathed to were sick of his antics and would not remove their blessings at his behest. After all, Lucian was not threatening a fellow man or breaking his oaths, but challenging a monster who stopped them in the way of Chaos.

Lucian watched the creature. His eyes looking into the many eyes that the Deep Sea Monster had. If there was a single movement that was not retreat then Lucian was more than willing to throw himself at the monster whether Satharifax wanted to or not. He would not allow this creature to strike the vessels of Albion without death coming to it.

When the first of the ships came close, close enough that the men could almost see the monster of the seas, it turned around and sank underneath the waters. Disappearing under the waters.

All that Lucian felt after that was a soft clank against his armor. He turned his eye to see an Albatross, the bird of Mann, flying away after a spiteful attack as if to say he was but a petulant child.
>>
File: file.png (61 KB, 300x168)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
A day and a night went by on the open seas for those who were sailing. It was a tiring time for all involved and Lucian doubly so as he kept vigil over the ships. Mann was not known to be a merciful god, especially against those who slighted him, so they had to keep an eye out incase the Guardian of the sea reared its head or that Mann decided to send a storm in their direction.

Neither of those, nor any other travesties that the God was known for, were sent against the convoy of ships. Instead when the morning sun came up and shined golden light upon the realm that Satharifax spoke.

“I can see the ships of mankind.” The Dragon spoke as he hung in the air for a moment, “Just as I have caught sight of them they have caught sight of me. They begin to flee.”

“The Sailors of Bretonnia know better than to challenge a Dragon on the open waters.” Lucian told the beast with a sigh, “I have heard a story about a Dragon who, five decades ago, ravaged any ships who ventured away from the coastline. It took three Dukedoms to seek out its lair and slay it.”

“My kin are mighty, though the young ones are foolish. We cannot win when faced with the full might of mankind, let alone the other mortal races.” Declared the beast with a smile, “But we could chase them down so that no one is alerted to our approach.”

“You are asking me to slay my own countrymen!”

“I can say worse to you.”

Lucian decided to ignore what was simply a slight against him by the Dragon. While he joined Lucian out of thanks, he did hold a chip over being forced to put one of his own kind down. He knew it needed to be done, but the spite was expected.

>Chase down the spotters and eliminate them
>Take a ride with the spotters
>Wait for the representative knights of a Duke to arrive
>>
>>5986067
>>Wait for the representative knights of a Duke to arrive
if they want to disrespect and get killed then so be it.
Hopefully we can recruit
>>
>>5986067
"I shall present myself to them. They shall see who i am : Grail Knight and Morr Champion, they shall see my companions and the people of Albion, they shall see you. If they are my countrymen they will rally for war and join us, for destroy the darkness that moves against the world. No few amount of men know me across the land, perhaps if we are in luck some of my friends and aquientances will be nearby for reach us."
"Satharifax, hear me. I cannot undo what I did, and I doubt i can do much for resolve your mourning. But I can promise you two things : that i shall find and slay the ones that created the vampire murderer that killed my entire family years ago and put me on this path. And that if you wish, i shall honor and remember your friend for what he was for you. And if I have any childrens, i will make sure they do the same."
>>
>>5986067
>Wait for a representative.

We are a grail knight.
Motherfuckers, WE ARE THE LAW.
>>
>>5986146
>that i shall find and slay the ones that created the vampire murderer that killed my entire family years ago and put me on this path
Tho it would be satisfying I think Lucian (us) shouldn't get to carried away with vampire hunting after a week or so we already killed our Family's killer. I personally find more funny to punch from time to time the Von Carsein or however the fuck they're called, instead of going full autist (at least, doing so this quickly)

But the second one I do like it. Maybe It could help to our dragon friend to mourn the good nature of his friend and honor his past memory

>>5986067
>Wait for the representative knights of a Duke to arrive

I'm sure Lucian is already so high and bulky for the army to say "Hold up captain, there's a human on top of the dragon that's glowing like a fucking Sayayin, maybe we shouldn't attack right away
>>
>>5986067
we are an INVASION FORCE not an amphibian assault
>>
The sun went from the east to the west when the fleet of Albion came into sight of the Bretonnian Lands. There was no obscuring fog of evil but the lush greenery of the Bretonnian Lands whose fertility was blessed by the Lady herself.

As those came into sight the other vessels also came into sight. Larger vessels that were bastions of the seas. They were built to protect the coast of Bretonnia from the numerous raids of foreign pirates against their people. Each fleet would belong to a Duke, with the Royarch’s being the one which was recently destroyed.

These ships, Lucian noticed, had the banners of many Dukes. Some were of Bordeleaux, others were Brionne and Carcassonne. These were mighty vessels with the wealth of their duchies displayed upon their hulls.

It did not fail upon Lucian that the vessel which was at the front of Mousillon.

It did not deter the Knight, as he brought Satharifax towards the vessels with purpose of mind. If the fools thought to strike against Lucian as he approached from above their heads they would only be able to use arrows. Against the scaled hide of the Sun Dragon there was nothing those peasant archers could do.

The Dragon landed upon the leading ship with a crash of wind and might. Underneath his seat Lucian could feel as the immense weight of Satharifax brought the ship lower into the sea proper. All around him Lucian could see the Knights and Sailors who had placed themselves on the boat to fight such a creature ready their lances swords, and pitchforks for what would have been their final hour as a Dragon brought them all death.

Yet when they each saw the Black Knight who glowed with witchfire the men were halted for a moment. Stunned by the sight of what could not be mistaken to be a Grail Knight upon the dragon. Some even stepped backwards as they felt primal fear at the presence of such an awe-inspiring sight.

“I am Lucian the Durand, Grail Knight of the Lady and Morr!” He declared as the Scythe of Ruin was lifted high into the air, “Bring to me the representative of the Duke who leads this expedition. I wish to speak with him, and perhaps we can avoid the spilling of Bretonnian blood on my return to the heartlands.”
>>
None dared to move forward upon Lucian as he stated those words. None of the Knights that stood before the Grail Knight found themselves to be worthy in speaking to a Demi-God and Chosen Champion of the Lady herself. Instead they all kneel as if a spell of restraint was casted upon each of them.

Lucian did not need to wait long as he looked up to the sky to see the Pegasus Knights approaching him. There were five of them, enough that Lucian knew they were prepared to fight a Dragon in the skies above.

As two of them stayed in the sky to make sure that Lucian would not leave without a chance to retaliate, three of them came upon the vessel. Lucian’s eyes glanced at each of them, feeling from one of them a godly aura, but that was not the one who caught Lucian’s eye.

The heraldry that he wore was blue with golden trimming, but it lacked the trident at the center of a Bordeleauxian heraldry. Like the others he was riding upon the back of a white pegasus that was not terribly temperamental. His face was covered with a steel helm and unlike the others he did not carry at his side a lance.

Instead what caught Lucian’s eye was the sword that laid at his hip. Lucian felt the enchantment in an instant and caught the glowing blue aura that the weapon had when it was within his hands.

Gillot, Questing Knight and Guard of the Necromantic Blade, sat with those that might just be his enemies.

“Grail Knight,” The one at the head of the group spoke. He carried on his flesh the witchfire that was characteristic of Grail Knights. His helm was a closed one so Lucian could not get a good look at him, but his armor sported the Yellow and Black of Mousillon, “I am Sir Gilrack, White Grail Knight of Maldred of Mousillon. You are the lance tip of an invasion force of ships I have never seen, bringing them to Bretonnia upon the back of a dreadful drake! Do you not understand we are already invaded by the Evils of the Empire!?”

>Be cordial, keeping what is known a secret
>Those who are of Mousillon are traitors *Attack*
>Tell the full tale
>>
>>5986816
>Be cordial, keeping what is known a secret

We've no idea that those of Mousillon are traitors. There is just an immense necromantic concentration there.
>>
>>5986816
>>Tell the full tale
We knight
>>
>>5986816
>Tell the full tale
It doesn’t matter if they’re traitors right now
Kill all the necromancer aligned eventually
>>
Be chad
>>
>>5986816
>>>tell the full tale
>>
“Sir Gilrack, I am Lucian the Durand of Aquitaine.” Lucian announced as he slammed his fist into his chest, “I have been on a Quest set forth by the Lady herself to learn the horrors that await Bretonnia. I have crossed through the lands of Bastonne and through the Grey Mountains. From the port of Marienburg to Albion. Those undead you speak of I have already fought once before.”

“Lucian?” The Knight sounded almost surprised as he spoke the name, “You are the Heir of Ruin!”

“He is the Harbinger of it.” Spoke Gillot aloud with a pronouncement of nobility, “Sir Gilrack, I have spoken previously of this Knight and his Nobility. How he was the one who set me on this path towards becoming a Knight of the Grail. Doom follows in his wake, but we have fought against it together.”

“I remember…” The White Grail Knight said as he looked towards Lucian, “I have heard that you fought the necromancers in those lands. It was with luck that Gillot here made it to our court when he did, for behind him was a horde of the dead advancing throughout the Empire towards us.”

“Yes, and it was he who saved me from the Hordes of undead in Karak Kol.” The Prince firmed his words, “Lucian, you went to Albion in search of Bretonnia’s future within those Isles. To see that you not only have an army, but was touched by the Grail. What have you seen?”

“I slayed a Vampire on those misty isles when they were searching for the secrets of the Old Ones.” Lucian said as he glanced at his fellow Grail Knight, “I slayed her, and one of my companions revealed the secrets that the Old Ones knew. Bretonnia is poisoned, and the venom seeps from Mousillon!”
>>
It was like the striking of a hammer when Lucian spoke the truth of the matter. He had been so focused on telling the tale of his adventures that he had not cared to realize just how tense the peasants and other Knights had gotten. When the Black Knight had delivered to them they were ready to act in that instant.

Lucian expected them all to turn against him. After all they were all under the banner of Mousillon in the end and were at service to his highness. What Lucian didn’t expect was for everyone to be pointing swords at one another with confusion at who was their ally and who was their enemy.

He was a Grail Knight though, and he rode a Dragon as well. If there was anyone who they should have listened to it would be him.

As for the three Pegasus Knights two of them had drawn their swords. Both of their blades were pointed at Lucian with full purpose as he had made the greatest insult against each of them. One of them did not draw a weapon, though Gillot’s hands were firmly on the handle of the weapon.

“Sir Gilrack,” He began with a bit of hesitation, “I have fought and been saved by this man before, and through all that I know that he speaks with a good mind. Lower your blade and perhaps we can talk about it more.”

“He just insulted Duke Maldred d’Mousillon with such words.” Declared the Grail Knight with certainty in his voice, “I… I don’t understand how a Knight of the Grail can do such a thing! The Duke is the Lord of the Lady!”

All this happened as Sartharifax gave a small quake of anticipation. Lucian did not know much about the Dragon, let alone actually fight on him, but the Knight had enough time to guess he was preparing for the fight. If that meant he would bury this White Grail Knight in flames was something the Knight did not know.

That also came around to the fact that he would try to kill a Grail Knight with fire. Somehow Lucian did not think it would be enough to cause great injury to the man. He was a Grail Knight after all, though Lucian felt confusion himself on how a Grail Knight did not join his annointed fellow readily.

>Insulting the messenger, a Duel!
>We go to see the Duke
>Full battle, cleanse those who won’t listen
>>
>>5987548
>"We won't fight on a vessel with innocent people aboard. I give two options: either we go to a more desolate location, and we have a honorable duel with the condition that no one can leave the improvised place where the duel is going to be held, or we wait for the army that's coming to be on land and then we have a meeting with all the dukes."
>"The reason why I don't want any of us Knights of the Grail to leave on the duel, is because you're doubting between yourselves about what I just told you. If one of us is part of the machinations I'm saying, the first thing they would do is run and tell to their masters so they have an advantage."
>"And for the condition of the meeting, is because all the good people on Albion, those that are going to fight for our cause against the Norscan, have to present themselves and state their intentions of helping. They've been through a lot of perils on their homeland, and my goal in this moment is that they make it safe before going to a war they had no business until I helped them.
>>
>>5987548
>We go to see the Duke
The ladys will be done
Get in my way and or i will let Mann and Morr sort out your afterlife
>>
>>5987548
>We go to see the Duke
>>
>>5987548
>The city lord may not be aware of the venom amongst his house, but it is there. If you will not heed me, then let us depart to more stable ground for a duel. Let steel show the truth where words fail us.
>>
>>5987548
>>Insulting the messenger, a Duel!
bruh let's go. Remember all those talks about honor?
>>
“We are at an impasse then.” Lucian declared, not bothering to reach for his weapon as he spoke, “I see that truth rings of deaf ears, but I understand that I have slighted the honor of another. Sir Gilrack, I do not wish to clash forces with your fleet if I can help it.”

“And I would not allow it for as long as I live.” Spoke his fellow Grail Knight as he kept his weapon held high.

“What I suggest to you is two options.” Spoke Lucian as he glanced at the people around him, “First is a Duel between us on open land. A true honor Duel between Knights of the Grail. Second, if you are willing to compromise, then I will talk directly to the Duke as long as my men are allowed to come onto shore.”

“You are asking me to allow a Foreign Army upon the blessed shores of Bretonnia!” The man rebutted as with a flair of disbelief, “A Grail Knight would never allow such a thing!”

“Yet I am a Grail Knight, drinking from the Grail on the Isles of Albion!” Lucian rebutted quickly, “Denying me has already stained both of our honors! Shall we fight this out in open battle in the Lands of Mann, or go where the Lady and Morr decides our fates!”

“The Lady shall decide and no others.” Confirmed Gilrack as he sheathed his sword, “There is an island we shall go to. There we shall decide the fate of this… folly!”

“Indeed we shall.” Decided Lucian as he glanced at the others, “Shall the Knight who holds truth have the Lady’s Favor.”

“For the gods know all.” Lucian answered him as Satharifax took to the sky, “Lead the way, Sir Gilrack!”
>>
A Grail Knight would carry no lie in his words, especially against another Grail Knight. The man’s ship had led the two fleets towards a single island that was near the shores of Bretonnia. There was not much on the island for underneath the thin topsoil was rocks that made up the anomaly on Bretonnian Shores. It sported an assortment of small flowers that would thrive in a place where few weeds would have been able to.

There a plethora of Knights and Albionians had assembled themselves. The ships of the two taking sides around the island to be witnessed, but many who were upon the vessels had already unloaded themselves to watch it.

In the Sky was Satharifax with no rider and the Pegasus Knights. Lucian had doubt that the Knights would launch themselves against him now for they were clearly Noble Bretonnians, but Lucian had also seen too much to ignore both Tee-Nee-Tyny and Satharifax’s suggestions about making sure they matched one another.

For Mounts they both were riding horses that were donated by the ranks of Knights. While it made sense that their leader, Gilrack, would acquire a beast quickly Lucian was given a plethora of choice for his part. While Bretonnians guard their horses selfishly, the honor of giving it to a Knight of the Grail on loan was too great an honor to pass.

The mare that Lucian rode now reminded him in a sense of Nightshade, but it had a few white spots on its skin. The beast was also one who came from the hills of Aquitaine, so Lucian found her more appropriate than any others. If the beast was of any quality Lucian did not know, but already Lucian could tell the horse was walking different when she was underneath him.

The magics of the Grail worked wonders both big and small it seemed.

In his hands was a Lance, on his back a scythe. A proper duel between Bretonnians was to the death, with the combatants being mounted on Horseback at the start equipped with both a lance and a weapon of this choice.

The fight ends when one is dead. A grave event for Bretonnia that two Grail Knights must fight one another, but if Lucian succeeded then he will assume control of both armies in all likelihood.

>Toss the Lance, use the Scythe
>Aim for a good strike at the chest
>Go for a head shot.
>>
>>5988710
Shit, this is unfortunate.

>Good shot at the chest.
Dismount him.
>>
>>5988710
>>Aim for a good strike at the chest
If this fails then switch to the scythe
>>
>>5988710
>>Toss the Lance, use the Scythe
i remember Machine qm said we are super good with a scythe. And mostly bad with other weapons, don't trust Lucian with other weapons i was cringing when he was using a sword.
Like now honestly why the fuck are we fighting, yoo would expect the Lady to not want to lose Grail Knights like this..........
>>
>>5988710
>>Aim for a good strike at the chest
dismount
>>
>>5989127
>Like now honestly why the fuck are we fighting, yoo would expect the Lady to not want to lose Grail Knights like this..........
Imagine this. You are a girl who is how and knows is hot and has two hunks fighting for her/in her name.

It's a wonder grail knights don't fight eachother more often
>>
>>5989127
We can always stain his honour further and point this out once we have won.

Spared at this point would lose him a lot of honour.
>>
Rolls!
>>
Rolled 25 (1d100)

Why can't anons accept that honor duels are to the death...
>>
>>5989568
Any other rolls?
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>5989515
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

Lets see here
>>
File: file.png (1.07 MB, 1000x676)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
The two Knights of the Grail stared at one another, watching for the slightest movement in case one of them broke their line early. The one to break the line would be the one to start the fight, to charge at the opponent and try to land their lance against the other with the intent of killing the other.

Whether they were on the side of Mousillon of those from Albion, all knew that what was to happen would be damning to all sides. Bretonnia was to lose one of their Grail Knights today. These were men capable of killing those mighty vampires and terrors that could kill a man with ease. They were easily worth several dozen, perhaps hundreds, of men with their blood alone.

And here Bretonnia was to lose atleast one of them today.

Sir Gilrack, the White Grail Knight, was the first to break with a charge towards Lucian. His lance lowered towards Lucian the Knight carried with him the swiftness of the winds. An arrow let loose from its quiver, no, a cannon ball let loose from a canon! Such a devistating charge was more than enough to cause injury to Lucian if he did not match it.

With just a enough the horse began its charge towards the other. The swiftness of foot allowed the animal to reach the height of speed within only a few steps. It no longer abided by the rules of momentum, that such speeds needed to be built up towards.

Lowering his spear Lucian aimed for the chestplate of his fellow Knight. The spear, which sported the yellow and blue of his homeland, was pointed directly at the other Knight with full purpose to bring him low.

Perhaps it was a blessing by the Lady, but Lucian managed to get the Lance just right into the chest of his opponent. Yet the Knight felt the same as the enemy spear impacted the Rune of Dregni which was upon his armor.

Two Lances shattered in an instant, both Grail Knight’s matched for the first bout. They were Grail Knights though, and the impacts failed to bring either of them down even when the weapons themselves were in pieces on the ground.

Bringing their horses around Lucian brought out his scythe as Gilrack brought out his sword.

>Lop off his head
>Go for the horse
>Hook him off his horse
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>5989752
>Hook him off his horse
>>
>>5989752
>>Lop off his head
This. Is. To. The. Death.
Also a target that is face level allows us to enjoy the longer reach of this weapon versus the sword. The threat alone should keep his blade way from us, in fact.
>>
>>5989568
Cause a grail knight is hard to replace and really really useful.
Killing one is kinda something we want to avoid if possible, even if it causes more issues down the line of honour.

>>5989752
>Off with his head
Lets finish this quickly then.
>>
>>5989856
why tf are tou giving thy speech if you are voting for the killy option
>>
>>5989910
At this point it does not really matter. The vote was already made to kill the Grail Knight so he might as well go whole hog.
>>
>>5989910
Well i reàd the lines
"One of them is going to die here today" and I have a functional pattern recognition of exactly how much the QM doesnt deviate from what he states.

So one of us is gonna die here, and nothing we do will change that. I do not intend to go to morrs garden, so lets not draw this out.
>>
Rolls!!!
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>5990263
SPEEEEEEEED
>>
File: file.png (1.45 MB, 1020x537)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB PNG
There was no delay for the two warriors as they charged each other once again. To the one who recovered for the next joust, the next charge at the other, sooner then he would be the one who would gain an advantage.

Against two warriors who were equal to the other, such an advantage was more than enough to lead to the other’s death. If they failed then it would be their own death.

So they galloped at the other. Their weapons shining with their respective witchfires. To the onlookers it was like watching two balls of fire going forth towards one another that would result in an impact that scattered their own flames to the sky above. Comets of the Lady’s light that was divinely inspired.

Having a scythe in his hands instead of a lance was exactly what the Knight needed. He was trained to use a Lance by Count Remon, the man making sure that the Knight who he wished to entrust his line to was at least competent in the ways of the Knight.

Lucian had proved his teachings right and now was where he was most comfortable. With a scythe balanced in his single hand the Knight recognized the weight of the weapon and how to swiftly swing it with ease on both foot and horseback.

Where he saw his fellow Grail Knight prepare to use his hand weapon like a lance, a hope to score a blow into one of the few gaps in Lucian’s armor, the Black Knight could see the inadequacies of Bretonnian Armor.

Pulling back the weapon the Knight felt a charging of force within his hand, his eyes focusing on a single point as they got only ten feet from one another. Lucian could see underneath the armor of the Knight, could see Sir Gilrack’s eyes as the other Knight felt the change in the air.

The Black Knight, with the ease of a Demi-God, brought the Scythe of Ruin through the neck of his fellow Grail Knight. The other’s weapon bounced harmlessly as Morr took his bounty eagerly and without mercy.

As Lucian bounded back towards his fellow Grail Knight, to honor the dying, he saw that his blow was not just swift. Green Witchfire that was dancing upon the edges of Lucian’s being had leaped off of him and began burning through the corpse of the White Grail Knight to the surprise of everyone present.

The only one to not gawk at the event was Lucian, the fire reminding him of another burning that had happened not so long ago.
>>
File: file.png (566 KB, 1023x685)
566 KB
566 KB PNG
Whatever sensibilities of chaos that was happening in front of them Lucian was the clear victor.

“Men of Bretonnia, men of Albion!” Lucian declared as he raised his scythe into the air, “Listen to me as one. I am the victor of this bloody duel, much dismayed that I delivered the final blow against a fellow Knight of the Grail.”

He got the focus of everyone present. They watched the Knight with raptious anticipation for what it was their orders. After all, as it was a Grail Knight leading this Knightly Host it now fell upon Lucian to guide them as the only other Grail Knight present.

“Firstly, I shall gather the remains of Sir Gilrack and have them sealed for transport. None shall pillage his remains for relics or arms on the pain of Morr’s embrace. He died nobly, I shall not have a fellow Knight of the Grail dishonored by being a subject of pillage.”

The statement was clear and certain. Lucian was their Lord, and he had no issue following through with such a declaration against these people.

“After he is prepared we will travel of the lands of Mousillon and find out what kind of terrors are against the lands of Bretonnia.” Lucian declared as he raised his scythe into the air, “For the Lady! For Bretonnia!”

The Knights responded to the Grail Knight in kind, each of their tempers flared as they felt the righteous cause of a paragon amongst them.

>Aim to arrive at the port
>Coastal arrival a ways from Castle Mousillon
>Arrive in Bordeleauxe for maximum support
>>
>>5990360
>Arrive at port.
>>
>>5990360
>>Aim to arrive at the port
>>
>>5990360
>Castle Mousillon
>>
Arrive at the port
>>5990668
>>5990729

Castle Mousillon
>>5990810
>>
With the ships brought under the wing of Lucian they began making their way towards the port belonging to Castle Mousillon. The first hour was Lucian taking to everyone preparing the force for a coming assault. For that was the risk going in that direction.

If the people of the port welcomed them then there would be no problem. Perhaps they would even be welcomed into the fortress with no issue.

If that was not the case, the Knight of Morr knew that he would be adding people to the Garden. A port would not be able to repel their docking as they infact had the port navy of Mousillon under his banner. It would be those covering the port who would be an issue.

The Grail Knights did not knew what to expect, and in truth there were few he could fully trust in his questioning. He was lucky with who he already knew.

Gillot, the Prince of Bordeleaux, had returned to the vessel Lucian was leading from. The Pegasus that he was riding was walked to it's quarters first and foremost. Then, only after a great comfort was given to the beast, did Gillot make his way to Lucian who had taken the recently late Sir Gilrack’s quarters.
>>
File: file.png (1.02 MB, 736x919)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
“Lucian, you damned bastard.” Were the first words he said as he finished closing the door behind himself, “If I had known that you were touched by the Lady I would have taken the Duke up on his request!”

“And that would have been?” Lucian questioned with a raised brow.

“To sucker from the Holy Grail.” Answered the Knight as he shook his head, “But it's odd that you drank from the Grail when it is in Mousillon.”

Lucian could not help but show his confusion to his fellow Knight, “The Grail has been in Mousillon? But I was graced by the Lady and Morr! If I were to lie…”

“How would you lie?” Gillot pointed out with a small hint of smugness in his features, “Lucian, I have fought beside you once before and I would never have thought you'd kill a Grail Knights. Blessed by the Gods you were such a blessing does not put you above Demi-Gods.”

Lucian felt a tinge of irritation in his heart as he heard the man’s words, “Gillot, you have already figured something out and are lording it over my head. The Gods have humbled me below even the Peasants, you are only feeling your own ego.”

“I cannot help it if I felt I was correct in all I thought.” Declared the Questing Knight as he gave a hearty laugh, “I have won because I supported you, and how much heavier my purse became betting on a vagrant Black Knight.”

“Explain yourself before our horses grow beards.”

“Fine.” The reluctance was clear in his voice as the Knight spoke, “Duke Mousillon has taken the role as Regent as Knights search for the Jabberwock. There is… more to it but he is said to be the husband of the Lady and therefore possesses the Holy Grail as is right.”

“A mortal man becoming… that's impossible!”

“Yet he wields the genuine Grail, and has made men into Grail Knights.” Answered Gillot honestly, “I have seen it with my own two eyes Lucian, both the deeds of the White Grail Knights and what they now do. I tell you witnessing the death of one was something few ever thought they'd witness in their life.”

“Then…” Lucian thought to himself as a sinking feeling finally came, “Then some foul sorcery is afoot.”

“I agree.” He told Lucian plainly.
>>
File: file.png (1.15 MB, 1024x640)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
The rest of the trip across the waters was not very eventful, a blessing from Mann. Or, perhaps, it was a spiteful strike against him from Lucian's experience.

It was only during their arrival to the docks where things became weird.

There was no one on the docks. No one there to repel them and no one to welcome their arrival. Not even the made peasants were present there, not even the made who would have never listened to commands. Their vessels were arriving in a ghost harbor.

The Black Knight, upon the back of Satharifax, were the first to arrive at the dock to witness this. After them came the Pegasus Knights who confirmed the beachhead and take over of the place.

Searching about the area the Knight wondered to himself what had happened, only to see what he knew to dread, “Satharifax, do you see the blood?”

“Yesss.” Slithered the Drake as he glanced around the area, “I can taste it at the tip of my tongue, the blood of the recently slain. And the foul magics that were used here as well…”

“Do you know whose blood it could be?” The Knight ask as they began clearing a way through the docks to make sure nothing was lurking.

“My nose is not as keen as your Kroxigor’s. I can say that it is disgusting magics, but the kind of Chaos that was used here I do not know.” The Dragon answered, “What I will say is that not enough blood was spilt to empty this place as well as this.”

“Gillot, this place was full of people before you left, right?” Lucian asked as he glanced at the man.

“Yes, that is correct! But they couldn’t have heard of our arrival for we Pegasus Knights are the fastest.” The Prince said to him with surprise lacing his voice.

“They might have been using sorcery against us.” Suggested Satharifax with a bit of annoyance, “Scrying that you laid their Knight low and gained his fleet, they fled to the castle and killed those that would not answer their call.”

“If that was the truth, Drake, where would their bodies be?” Pointed out Gillot, “Surely in a rush they would have left the bodies out. They would know that a Dragon and Pegasus Knights would be upon them in hours.”
>>
File: file.png (643 KB, 1024x768)
643 KB
643 KB PNG
“We know that our foe is the undead.” Satharifax said straight, “If it was necromancers then collecting the bodies would make sense.”

“No…” Lucian said as he felt the winds of magic cresting his flesh, “If that was true then the Winds of Shysh would be upon us. I don’t feel that though…”

“I loath to give you it.” Strung out the Dragon with a bit of pride lost, “But you are right. Best I can describe this the air reminds me of when the Chaos Gates were unrestrained against the world. A more pure chaos that did not care what happened.”

“By the name of the Lady.” Gillot responded quickly, “What does that mean?”

“I see where you are getting at.” Lucian said as he rubbed the chinplate of his helm, “I have felt this before… but where before…”

“The ships are at the horizon my Lords!” Declared the last of the Pegasus Knights as he pointed towards the vessels, “We must not dally in our decision.”

“Do we keep them back, or do something else?” Suggested Satharifax, “A trap is abound but our hand could be forced.”

“Indeed, Duke Maldred has already begun his retreat!” Lucian declared as he pointed innerland, “If we delay our advance upon him then he might flee where his support is greater! We have an army at our beck and call and we refuse to use it!?”

“And they know this.” Answered Satharifax with a small growling laugh, “Even a smaller force still risks us docking, but perhaps it will enough to avoid their entrapment while attacking their fortress directly.”

Lucian pondered his options, glancing around the area one more time to see if anything would be sighted. There was nothing, instead he was just looking at an emptied dock that had a few pieces of scrap about the place. The more he looked he could see the pieces of debris and damage from what was a previous assault. Barrels and crates broken here and there, evidence that a fight did happen here but it was not the hardest fought.

>Bring the full army in
>A strike force of the fastest/most elite
>Only individuals will come, the rest stay ship bound
>>
>>5991119
>Bring a strike force
This is a tale of knights. Mortal chaff may be employed later.

Also, good retroactive call to smite a false grailknight,
>>
>>5991119
>>A strike force of the fastest/most elite
I think he has a false grail and its just vampire blood
>>
>>5991119
>A strike force of the fastest/most elite
>>
Pure chaos... where has Lucian felt that before? Against the Father Giant? Against the chaos spawn? against the scaven...

Come guys, think of this chaos, from where does it come from. If we have our answer maybe we can choose better
>>
>>5991119
>>A strike force of the fastest/most elite
Meh

I would say the Garden of Morr in Bastonne when there was the war against greenskins. It does remind me of that, though I honestly dont remember all anymore.
>>
File: file.png (4.96 MB, 1920x1080)
4.96 MB
4.96 MB PNG
It was upon Lucian’s orders soon after that the most fit and able of them men would come off of the ships as fast as they could and join in the short march. And indeed under the guise of Lucian they were each a great warrior in their own right with either a steed or the quickest feet from Albion.

In all they numbered a hundred Knights and a hundred light footmen. It was a feeling from Lucian that they left the docks when they did, releasing the ships back to shore to make sure that whatever waited for them did not come upon them.

Nothing did come, though Lucian wondered if that was because of the prestige of the force, that a Dragon watched over all of this happening, or perhaps there was not an ambush at all.

Of those who unloaded themselves both Adok and Tee-Nee-Tyny were unloaded. The Dwarf was still rather reserve to himself, but he was also diligently working upon the rune even as he was unloaded from the vessel. He rode on the back of a horseman who was willing to bring the Dwarf upon his mighty steed. The Skink of course had Bok, the mighty Kroxigor who could keep up with all as they made their way towards Castle Mousillon.

When they arrived it was just as Lucian thought it would be. Instead of approaching an abandoned fortress they were upon one in full preparation and fortification. The mighty gates were closed and rolled out at the edges were trebuchets and other pieces of artillery ready to throw rocks and the like at them.

“There is a powerful sorcerer within that castle.” Satharifax said to Lucian was they got close enough to the place that a voice could be heard.

“They have arrived, people of Mousillon!” Lucian could not see where the man speaking was but he could hear him all the same. Perhaps it was a trick that the Duke could do with magics, “These are the traitors to Bretonnia led by a false prophet! It was their minions who slaughtered those at the docks, and now they are here to attack us!”

In the least they were successful Lucian reasoned. As the boulders and rocks were being sent across the field in their direction it was clear that the Duke was still within the fortress.

“Kill them, those Loyal to the Grail and Crown! Show them what it means to be a loyal son of Bretonnia!”

>We assault, strike them down!
>We have wings, got from above with the risk of death!
>Siege time!
>>
>>5991902
>>Siege time!
No trap was sprung at the docks... we need time for the fodd- look if we siege we will get the time we need to summon the rest of the forces, scout out the area and see what Adok is working on...
plus it seems we have flying units and they do not :) How large of a boulder do you think Satharifax can carry? Maybe, if it has good aim, we can give the Duke a gift. Or two, or three, or many more! While the siege is up, the dragon will flatten the buildings inside the castle walls, oh it will be glorious
>>
>>5991902
>Siege
>Use our greater maneuverability to wipe out the artillary contained on the castles walls to protect our army.

Anybody know any rites or challenges to force him to face us in battle?
>>
>>5992202
Abduct his loved ones
>>
>>5992362
>Thia just in, Priest of Morr and Grail knight has kidnapped The Lady of the Lake to force "Husband" from siege.
>>
>>5992456
ntr
>>
File: file.png (811 KB, 636x460)
811 KB
811 KB PNG
They had made it there fast enough to stop the enemy from running away, now circumstances were different. Upon his call runners made their way to the docks and brought the vessels back to port, the forces preparing themselves for the coming siege of the fortress.

From the edge of the artillery’s range they prepared and began assembling the battlements. A trench was quickly created by the men of Albion while the Knights of Bretonnia began running about the roads and countryside to secure all routes of transit.

These Knights, empowered by the authority of a Grail Knight, quickly made work of Peasants who came to try to and supply the fortress of Mousillon. It was upon the behest of Lucian that they were compensated for their goods, for he was a humbled knight, but the peasants who came still ran from the siege faster than they ever had before. And with them, word of the siege will reach the Dukes of Bretonnia.

What mattered now was that Castle Mousillon was cut off from the rest of the world. Secured in their fortifications the men of the fortress did not have much to fear except for the harassment of Pegasus Knights and a Dragon. Yet as Lucian watched the glints of light dancing across the walls he knew for certain that there were White Grail Knights among their number.

Satharifax was mighty, but they were warriors who had slain his equals single handedly. It would be a risk not to charge forward without the backing of everyone for the battle.

So they continued the siege for a day and night. Then another day and night after that.

During this time the men of Albion were taking stock of the forests and foodstuff that they had. Those Knights who had burdened themselves with the knowledge of siege craft had began crafting their own siege engines so that they could return fire and perhaps even bring down those mighty walls of Mousillon.

It was a good time for the besiegers to get their bearing upon the situation. To take stock of what was needed and form a solution to their siege.

So there in one of the many tents, where a flag bearing the Raven of Morr dangled down, was the foundation of the coming siege.
>>
File: file.png (1.42 MB, 1200x628)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
Lucian watched as the tent was slowly filled with people who had returned from the field. A few of them were giving him reports and populating the map of Mousillon that the Knight had found amongst Gilrack’s things. Of those who really mattered were of course the King of the Albion people, along with Lucian’s party. Included among their ranks lastly was Gillot, who had proven himself capable since the siege started by taking to the skies to arrange the current outpost of war.

It made sense for he was a Prince of a Duke. He was given a royal education of a warrior that even money would not be able to purchase.

“Today marks the third day that we besiege Castle Bastonne!” Declared Lucian as he looked around to everyone, “I thank you all for coming today to witness this day. It is through your efforts that we fight against the Chaos that lives within the fortress of Mousillon. All efforts to talk to the Duke have failed, his men shooting all envoys that I have sent in their direction.”

“They know that we have them strung up and will die when we reach them!” Declared the King of Albion in a chipperness of a victor, “They are hoping for the neighboring Kings to come save them from this peril.”

“It will take the other Dukes around seven days to arrive here.” Gillot said as he gave a sigh, “As you asked, I have sent word to my Father.”

“Good, good!” Cheered Lucian before looking at the Castle upon the map, “If we can convince the Dukes of Bretonnia that this is a just war then he will be forced to leave the fortress.”

“He could be as stubborn as a Dwarf.” Adok pointed out from his workings. The Dwarf, even now, was working steadily upon the rune that they had discovered. Seeing what little modifications were needed to make it work and what it even did, “I understand these Grail Knights to be long lived like us. If they don’t need to eat then that would be a problem.”

“Even if they are Grail Knights.” Lucian began as he tapped his finger, “They would fall when the rest of their people die. It would be impossible to defend the walls, and so we can simply bring the fortress down upon their heads.”

“So do we wait for the Dukes or try to break them down?” Asked the Dwarf with a grin, “If you gave me the men I think I could dig underneath their castle and pop out on the other side. Any Dwarf worth his wits could do that.”

“To bring the full force of our Knights upon the Castle we must open the gates.” Gillot pointed out as he tapped upon them with his finger, “Once that is done we charge them. As Lucian said, even a Grail Knight cannot withstand a full lance of warriors. But sieges are not the most glorious affairs in the end.”
>>
File: file.png (187 KB, 700x504)
187 KB
187 KB PNG
“They will not leave the fortress if we tried something like leaving the area.” Lucian pointed out as he kept his eyes on the fortification, “While there is not much glory in this our enemy has no glory to begin with. He has fired upon us and seemingly slaughtered his own people, so I see no reason to give them an honorable death. They will get their honor afterwords.”

“If Honor is no issue.” Gillot began as he gave a small sigh, “Then we could try a stratagem of war.”

“Stratagem of war?” Lucian questioned the Prince as he glanced towards him, “But these are stratagems we are devising.”

“That one speaks because of the shame associated with the term.” Tee-Nee-Tyny said as he stood on a box so that his height was with everyone else, “It is to trick the followers of chaos in some form. Perhaps to sneak in at night, or to give them a gift where there are foes inside. If those crazed with power will accept such a trick shall be shown by their wisdom.”

“It would be dishonorable then.” Lucian admitted as he placed a hand upon the table, “It might work, but then the rescue of Bretonnia comes upon an act of subterfuge. Even less glory than the siege we find ourselves in.”

“Well I don’t see us sitting around doing nothin, unless we want to wait them out!” The Dwarf declared, “We got a week to do it if we don’t want the chance of trouble.

>Wait them out
>Try standard siege tactics, like digging around
>Subterfuge
>>
>>5993465
>Standard siege tactics.

Nah, No subterfuge.
Hey teeny, you got any earth magic to make a big fuck off bridge quickly, that we can just hop on like a ladder to scale the walls?

Rain of arrows to force them to duck, use magic to raise a ramp and charge in before they can stop us?
>>
>>5993465
>>Try standard siege tactics, like digging around
Start building a huge trebuchet
>>
>>5993465
>Try standard siege tactics, like digging around

Trebuchet and have thr dragon do some drive bys of their walls. Glass them from orbit.
>>
>>5993465
>>Try standard siege tactics, like digging around
>>Standard

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.