[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Art: David-Marquez
>Alt-Text: Batman and Superman face off against a skull-shaped spaceship with tentacles floating in the sky.

You stand alone. Your allies have fallen.
The Riddler, your most cunning enemy to date, has merged with a seemingly all-powerful robotic being, and a massive Skullship is floating in the air.
This… Brainiac floats toward you.

Batman: What do you want?
Brainiac: To collect. This is a hostile universe. It is filled with organics dedicated to destroying themselves. Once I acquire this planet’s data, my Skull Ship will take its sample and I shall move on to the next planet.
Batman: Sample?

As if to answer, the Skull Ship flies higher. It splays its tentacles and they start to sparkle with purple lightning.

Brainiac: The only thing of value in this cosmos of infected rocks is the information your biologicals spawn. Once I finish absorbing the contents of your primitive networks, I will identify the optimal habitation for collection. It will be contained for future study, ensuring intellectual content is properly utilized.
Batman: You’re going to abduct an entire city?! With all this power, you could SAVE the world!

Rage takes over. You fire your Bat-guns at the machine man. The bullets merely sink into liquid metal skin.
Biomechanical cables spring from Brainaic’s body, their question mark hooks a sign of the Riddler’s echos within the alien mind.

Brainiac: I am saving the world. I have collected from over 52,000 systems. I have the combined brainpower of ten billion civilizations. Every calculation shows Earth, like everything under organic domain, is doomed for destruction.

The cables dig into your flesh. Fire crackles through your brain.

Brainiac: You primitives are beings of great irony. Brutish, foolish, and dangerous, but the source of the universe’s greatest treasures. Your art, your culture, your ideas, like wildflowers of information blooming from savage manure.

You feel the electrons in your brain spark as the alien begins to read your mind, your thoughts just another product to exploit.

Riddler: NO!

The cables disconnect and fling you to the ground.

Riddler: Your puny mind isn’t worthy of collection. There is nothing you know that I don’t already have in here.

He points at his head. It glows with a question mark logo.
Despite their fusion, Riddler’s obsession with being the smartest man in the room has stayed intact.

Riddler: I played all of you for fools! All I needed was to tell Waller I had a plan to deal with her favorite teacher’s pet and she practically BEGGED to fund my Nygmabox. It let me read the minds and machines of the planet. I saw the echoes of Brainaic, buried in the technology the cavemen who run our planet took from the caped alien’s spaceship. I have the knowledge of a billion worlds, Bruce. I’m not just the smartest man in the room, I’m the smartest man in the UNIVERSE!
>>
File: Riddliac.jpg (517 KB, 1904x2910)
517 KB
517 KB JPG
>>6029647
>Art: Bart Tyraknifesaurus ( instagram.com/tyraknifesaurus/ )
>Alt-Text: Art of The Riddler fused with Brainiac. Question mark-shaped cables grow from his body. A circuit with glowing nodes is on his chest, shaped like a question mark mixed with the Brainianc logo. His forehead has a Question mark with its dot fusing with another Brainiac symbol.

That’s why he wanted Waynetech to develop The Box.
If you had used it to read Gotham’s mind for your war on crime, Riddler would have had access to your entire database.
But you never used it. Which means there are some tricks it doesn’t know about.

Batman: Bat-Yellow Solar Grenade!

You fire the device from your gauntlet and blanket the area with the power of the sun.
Its energy empowered your teammates, the solar-powered Superman and photosynthetic Poison Ivy.
The two recover from the injuries Brainianc inflicted on them.

Superman: This Brainiac, they know about Krypton…
Brainiac: INSECTS!

Green and white radiation fires from “Riddliac’s” cables.
Clark flies at Superspeed, taking you, Ivy, Waller, and DV8 far from the battlefield.

Ivy: As long as they have that radiation, the two of us can’t get close to it.

Hector and Leon, the only DV8 members still conscious, struggle to stand.

Frostbite: Wrangling your flyboy from his freakout drained us both. We won’t be much use in a fight.
Powerhaus: And no offense, but I don't think a man in a Halloween costume will be enough against an alien invasion.
Batman: Aliens I might have trouble with, but I know human nature. Riddler was too vain to drain my mind and I never used his Box Technology, so he won't see this coming. Failsafe- Run Signal protocol.

You pull out your Bat- Remote Hacking Device and run the program.

Batman: Riddler doesn't know Failsafe exists. If I get close enough I can hijack his data stream and get a message to the entire planet: Shut down your devices or Brainiac flies away with a city.
Waller: You want to convince 5 billion people to work together? To save strangers?
Superman: It’s our only hope. Let’s record the message and save the world.

The message you send to the planet will be your ultimate statement on the meaning of heroism and your beliefs on how to save the world.
You will convince the people of Earth to help you with...

>Zero Day
>Vote Title: Cynthia Furey & Aman Adumer
A message of hope.

>Dark Prisons
>Vote Title: Chip Zdarsky
A message of fear.

>A Dark Knight: Reunion
>Vote Title: Peter Blake
A message of vengeance.

{Choose Any number, the option with the most total votes wins.}
>>
>>6029651
>Zero Day
At its heart,the DC universe is a truly hopeful and idealistic place, even if hollywood wants to make us think like its not. But to keep things interesting
>Dark Prisons
Gotta make it a toss up
>>
>Zero Day

I REALLY want to believe in the human spirit.
>>
>>6029651
>Zero Day
Hope for the future, revenge on those fools who, in their hubris, nearly took it away from all of us.
>>
>>6029651
>Zero day
>Dark knight reunion.

Hope is human. Vengence is for when peoples hope needs a kick up the ass.
Amusing that his plan to read all our minds was foiled becauae we never gave into temptation of mind control.
>>
>>6029651
>Zero Day
The true Batman spirit
The true Batman darkness
>>
Locking for Zero Day. Update today.
>>
>>6032389
Batman is vengeance and the night, but that doesn't mean everybody else will be or has to be. The night also carries with it the hope for a sunrise... or whatever cool (pseudo?) philosophical or symbolic bullshit you wanna sat
>>
>>6032469
I dont think you can tie it to night. Our whole ethos is that the night is dark and full of monsters. We're just gonna be the scariest predator in the ecosystem.

Hope, We dont want to centre it on superman or any singular figurehead.
Maybe hang it on the direct and measurable positive action they can take, direct as its ever going to be here. Plus our work in the city, helping communities and shit.
>>
>>6029651
>Actor: Christopher Reeves. Director: Sidney J. Furie. Costume: John Bloomfield, based on an original design by Yvonne Blake.
>Alt-text: Image from Superman IV showing Superman as played by Christopher Reevse, standing before a podium.

Batman: And I know exactly what the world needs to hear.
____
The skullship floats above the ruins of the airport. An unnatural violet storm radiates from its tendrils

Brainiac: Estimated completion of download in 52 minutes. Far longer than estimated.
Riddler: It’s the puny brains of this planet! The Box doesn't have enough mind power to absorb the entire internet in an hour!
Brainiac: This form possessed less computation power than was promised.
Batman: BAT-SMOKE!

Smog surrounds the hybrid. You echo a mocking laughter through the darkness.

Batman: Guess you aren’t as smart as you say, Riddler.
Riddler: INSECT!

The cybernetic tentacles cut through the smoke and grab you.

Brainiac: I improved this primate’s optics to see the whole of the electromagnetic spectrum. Your theatrics cannot hide you from me.
SFX: WHOOSHMASH!

Clark slams into Riddliac from above.

Superman: He’s not hiding. He’s baiting.

Your ally uses his heat vision to burn Brainiac’s didoes away from Riddler’s skull.

Brainiac: ENOUGH.

Green light explodes from Riddliac’s chest.

Superman: ARGH!!

Clark falls back. You can hear his skin sizzling through his clothes.

Brainiac: You have learned nothing Kryptonian. Against my intellect, your strength is meaningless. You are powerless.
Batman: His strength isn’t what makes him powerful. Bat-Remote Hacking Device!

You download your message into the opening Clark cut in Riddliac’s skin.
The alien machine is connected to every device on the planet and now so is the world’s greatest hero.

Superman: Hi everyone, I’m Kal. Some people call me Superman. Earlier today, an agent of the US Government hijacked the world’s nuclear arsenal and framed me for it. I bet the Daily Star will have a story soon. But this isn’t about me. That same agent has bonded with, Brainiac, a hostile computer intelligence. He wants to absorb all Human culture from the internet, abduct a city, and leave us to die. He wants this because he believes we are doomed, that the only thing left to do is to collect the leftovers of the past and wait to die. But I don't believe that. I don't believe every dream worth having has already been dreamt. I don’t believe this is a planet of monsters doomed to tear itself apart. If Brainaic gets our data we’ll lose millions of people. Millions of hopes, dreams, and ideas will be left bottled up on a spaceship. Countless lives ruined to satisfy a colonial ego. Brainiac doesn't believe in you. But I do. If you believe, turn off your devices. Shut down your phones. Unplug your modems. Brainiac thinks this is a dead world. A world with no future. Let’s show him Tomorrow Lives!
>>
File: Brainiac Breakdown.jpg (31 KB, 254x437)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>6033947
>Pencils & Inks: Max Raynor. Colors: Alejandro Sánchez
>Alt-text: Comic art of Brainiac screaming while his head explodes with electricity.
>Dialouge Sample: William D. Mellin.

The message is broadcast worldwide, automatically translated into a thousand languages.
For one shining moment, the people of the world unite. Every screen on the planet goes dark.

Brainiac: H-how? My system is perfect. Uncompromisable
Batman: As far as you know. You only have the information Riddler fed you. Looks like it has some gaps. Garbage in. Garbage out.
Brainiac: A futile gesture, you only delay the-
Riddler: AHHHHHH! I’ll cut you to shreds!

Countless cables erupt from Riddliac’s body. They lash at you, ripping your costume to pieces.

Riddler: I’LL TEAR YOU ATOM FROM ATOM! I’LL FIND OUT HOW YOU DID IT! I’LL FIGURE OUT EVERYTHING!
Batman: Urrk- Of course you will. I’m no match for your intellect.
Riddler: Now you get it.
Batman: Our human brains are no match for the alien genius of Brainiac.
Riddler: What? No! This was my plan. My genius defated you.
Batman: You’re so powerful, I’d lose to you even if you possessed a monkey.
Brainiac: An appeal to the human ego. A desperate attempt at-
Riddler: You think I need this overgrown calculator to beat you?! Raaarghh!!!

Your combined enemies drop you. Riddliac begins tearing at itself.
The man-machine rips cybernetic components from physical flesh and exposes an inner core.

Brainiac: Stop this illogical action! You are compromising-
Riddler: Don’t tell me what to do! If it weren’t for me, you’d still be running Mortal Kombat in a DARPA basement.
Batman: NOW!

The injured Superman grabs Ridliac from behind.
At the same time, Ivy’s vines spawn from the ground, tying up Riddliac and spreading the gaps in their flesh further.
You plunge your hand into Riddliac’s chest, connecting Failsafe to Brainiac’s hard drive.

Batman: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
>>
File: Visions of Else Worlds..jpg (596 KB, 1500x2323)
596 KB
596 KB JPG
>>6033949
>Art: Ryan Sook
>Comic art of Brainiac’s skull ship opening its mouth. Red energy pours from it showing visions of superheroes.
>Dialouge Samples: Neal Hefti. Scott Snyder. Master of Games. AxisQM. Coauthor. Darkseid.

You smell flesh burning, feel screams scarring your throat, and see bloody light. And then you sense nothing.
Nothing save for an alternating riff of d and c notes.

Sfx: NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA

The sound vibrates like the strings of an instrument. No, not strings. Threads.

>archived.moe/qst/thread/2400504/#q2400834

Snowflame: I am the fire that can never be snuffed out! I am the embodiment of the powered god! Every atom in my body is inflamed with the intense, unyielding power! My mind,my body, taken to limitless heights through the divine substance coursing through my veins! Cocaine strengthens my muscles, sharpens my mind, gives me breath, and transforms me into a god among men!
Batman: What?

>archived.moe/qst/thread/4040749/#q4059789

The Source: You’re about to meet the Man Who Broke the Bat.
Batman: No.

>archived.moe/qst/thread/4525746/#q4527539

Vale: Joker Returns. Gotham Commissioner Kidnaped. Daughter Shot.
Bruce: No.

>desuarchive.org/tg/thread/24725312

DARKSEID: DARKSEID IS.
Bruce: NOOOOOOO!!!
>>
File: Scream.jpg (55 KB, 334x447)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>6033953
>Pencils & Inks: Lee Weeks. Colors: Elizabeth Breitweiser
>Alt-Text: Comic art of Bruce Wayne screaming

Superman: Bruce!

Your eyes open. Or were they open all along? You’re kneeling, your Batsuit in pieces around you.
Riddler lies next to you, wheezing in pain, his body clashing with the dead machinery stuck in it.

Bruce: I saw it. I saw everything.
Superman: What did you see?
Bruce: Brainiac wasn’t just collecting data from this universe. He was observing all of them A multiverse of Earths, each ending in doom.

Clark offers a hand.

Superman: I don’t know about any other Earths, but when it comes to this one, I know we can handle anything. Together.
Failsafe: AnALyzing. fiTy-two teRaBytes of data iNcoming.

Failsafe buzzes through what’s left of your cowl’s speakers.
When you connected to Brainianc’s mind, so did it. Robotics, AI, automatic armies. Knowledge to change the world.
You know what you must do with it.

>The OMAC Project
>Vote Title: Greg Rucka
Superman, Ivy, Dick. Good-hearted people. But the horrors you saw, the crisis to come, will require you to do what you know they can’t. You will keep the technology to yourself and expand your War on Crime to a new mission: Save the World.

>The Brave and the Bold
>Vote Title: Robert Kanigher & Ed Heron
Today has proven you can’t do this alone. You’ll use the technology to ally with fellow heroes to build a force for a better world.

>Golden Streets of Gotham
>Vote Title: Jen Van Meter
Riddler and Brainiac showed you the errors of ego. You saw yourself as the great leader, put yourself at the head of partnerships, teams, and even armies. But the world has had enough of “great men” leading the masses. It’s time the people take the power into their own hands. You will share the technology with the world. You have hope in humanity. They will save the world, not under the heel of a “genius” or beneath the watch of a pantheon of metahumans, but by coming together.

{Choose any number. The vote with the most options will win.}
>>
>>6033953
Rest in peace AxisQM. If you or anyone you know is struggling with depression, please reach out to a mental health provider, service, or hotline.
You are not alone.

https://afsp.org/
>>
>>6033963
Have faith
>>6033966
I miss him every day
>>
>>6033963
>>
>>6033963
The same streets mom and dad walked and believed in.
>>
>>6033963
>The golden streets of gotham.
We will hold some of it back. Some things shouldn't be used, shared or disseminated. Others, we need to keep a competative advantage. But between super corp and wayne tech, they should be able to regulste world tech really well.

And no, Supes, we are not going to therapy.
>>
>>6033963
>>
>>6034251
>>6034218
>>6034041
>>6034018
>>6033972
Locking for The Golden Streets of Gotham

The Final update will be Friday Saturday to Sunday.
The rest of thus thread will be for annotations and q&A. Thank you for coming along this journey.
>>
>>6034875
Thanks for sticking with it! It's been a blast.
>>
File: Ours Are Bigger.png (386 KB, 1280x720)
386 KB
386 KB PNG
>>6033963
>Director: Joaquim Dos Santos. Art: m.imdb.com/title/tt0618203/fullcredits/art_department
>Alt-Text: Animation screenshot of Batman smirking at Waller.
>Dialogue Samples: Rich Fogel. Bryan Edward Hill. Dwayne McDuffie & J. M. DeMatteis.

Batman: You were right, The Crisis is coming.
Superman: I’ve been planning for this

A giant vine-based spider crawls toward you. On its back are Ivy, Waller, and DV8.

Ivy: Go on.
Superman: Earth is changing. More threats like Brainaic are coming. Governments and corporations will use metahumans and superscience to enact plans they used to dream of. If people with power and good intentions like us unite, we can make sure the world is changing for the better.
Ivy: Sounds like a plan. Earth could use a good dose of vengeance.
Superman: More like… Justice.
Batman: You're wrong.
Superman: Really? You still want to go this alone?
Batman: Just the opposite. Earth won’t be saved by one man in a suit or a legion of supergods looking down from heaven. The moment people like us put ourselves in charge, no matter how well-intentioned we’ve crossed a line.
Ivy: So you’ll just let the world go to shit.
Batman: Failsafe accessed Brainaic’s mind. There was enough data to revolutionize the world a thousand times over. Every day the innocent suffer because they don't have the power to fight back. Lifesaving genius goes untapped because it doesn't have the resources to thrive. I can level the playing field, put the power in the hands of the people so they can save the world on their terms, not ours.
Superman: Look at the mess the planet is in from scraps of superscience. Unleashing the Brainiac Files could set the world on fire.
Batman: We can’t fear the people we’re protecting. You said you believe in humanity. I didn’t. Until now. I’m choosing to have faith, that when given a chance, the people of the world can show us a better world.

Slow sarcastic clapping echoes from behind

Waller: Bravo, Bruce. I would have installed you in Washington if it wouldn't be a waste of your talent.
Ivy: Why haven't we killed her, again?

Thorny tendrils form behind Ivy.

Waller: Because I have so much dirt on you, every government on earth could bury you so deep even the sun won’t pop you out. Now run off. You don’t want to be here when the boys in blue pick up Nygma and our meta assets.
Frostbite: No. I’m done with this. We spent years as your guinea pigs, your soldiers, and your prisoners. I’m not going back!

Leon’s eyes flicker. He barely has any strength left, but he stands firm. Hector walks beside him, and braces for combat. Waller smirks.

Waller: Safeties.

An array of high-power laser rifles emerge from the ground and aim at you all.

Waller: Lesson one- Preptime.

The rifles charge, but Superman stands between them and you.
Ivy raises her hands and a squad of giant plant golems rise in your defense.

Batman: Ours are bigger than yours.
Waller: Have it your way. This won’t be my first cold war. Power down.
>>
File: Stumped.jpg (51 KB, 402x313)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>6039560
>Pencils: Jim Lee. Inks: Scott Williams. Colors: Alex Sinclair.
>Alt-Text: Comic art of the Riddler raising then lowering a finger.
>Dialouge Samples: Jeph Loeb

The guns withdraw.

Waller: I’d watch my back if I were you. Your gang of superfriends is on its way to making some real enemies.

In a flash of yellow light, she disappears.

Ivy: Where did she go?!

Clark looks up.

Superman: It's like she slipped through space. No energy trail, no path. She’s just… gone.
Ivy: Then she was right about one thing. We have some powerful enemies. I know it's ironic coming from me, Bats, but your new hippie outlook isn’t gonna cut it. Superman, when can we start?
Superman: Now. The first order of business is taking Riddler and separating what’s left of Brainiac from him.
Riddler: No!

Riddler tries to stand, but his damaged body slumps to the ground.
Ivy: Looks like someone was playing dead to avoid Mommy.
Riddler: Shut it, you overqualified florist! The genius of my strategy is unmatc-

Clark grabs him at superspeed.

Superman: Don’t talk to my friends like that. Just be still, you’ve been injured. I’m going to take you to The Fortress and help you.
Riddler: No. What you’ll do is let me go. Unless you want the world to know Batman is Bruce Wayne! Or will the world’s greatest hero prove himself a hypocrite and imprison me for life without trial?
Ivy: Or option three, I feed you to Frank.

A monstrous Venus flytrap bursts from her hand and spits fluid on Riddler’s face.
Riddler: eep!
Batman: Wait. I have an idea. What time is it when an elephant sits on a fence?
Riddler: Pfft. Time to get a new fence. Everyone knows that. It's worthless.
Batman: Exactly. A riddle everyone knows isn't a riddle at all. A secret everyone knows is “worthless.” If everyone knows who Batman is, you go from being the man who knows Gotham’s biggest riddle, to just a man. Your ego can’t handle that.

He raises his finger as if to answer, then lowers it in silence.

Batman: I think he’s ready to go.
Frostbite: And what about us? Where do we go now?

Michael groggily wakes up, still shaking from the brain drain Brainiac did.

Evo: Hopefully somewhere with a massage chair. I feel like I’ve been planking for hours.
Batman: You’ve been controlled your whole lives. That ends here. Your future is your own. I can provide funds, and medical treatment, and get you in touch with your families if you want, but it is your choi-
Frostbite: An aquarium
Ivy: Wha-?
Leon: I want to work in an aquarium. I always liked animals. Frostbite just killed stuff. Leon wants to keep things alive.
Evo: And what about our fearless leader? Something tells me he won't be satisfied with a comfy life waiting for the new Game of Thrones.

He turns to Matthew, still catatonic after your psychic clash

Batman: I know someone who can help.
>>
File: The Good Doctor.jpg (25 KB, 213x347)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>6039574
>Pencils & Inks: Andrea Sorrentino. Colors: Jordie Bellaire
>Alt-Text: Comicbook art of Dr Thompkins, a middle-aged black woman.
>Dialogue Sample: SouthFloProd.

The halls of Arkham are quiet, calming.
It's the one place where your brain doesn't fill the silence with endless plans in case something goes wrong.

Thompkins: The psychic inhibitors are working well, I’m surprised you could donate them. I thought only the feds had that technology.
Bruce: I’m making…inroads with a few people in high places.
Thompkins: I’m sure you are.
Bruce: How’s Michael doing?
Thompkins: You know I can’t break patient confidentiality.
Bruce: He’s dangerous.
Thompkins: So are you. But did I call the cops when a teenage orphan told me he was gonna wage war on the world that took his parents? No. I listened. I worked with you. And together we met your needs in a way that didn't harm the people around you. I’m compromising enough by having two involuntary commitments. Can you trust me to handle this? You know if anyone is in danger I’ll take the proper steps.
Bruce: *sigh*. I believe in you, Doctor. It’s something I’m trying out these days.
Croc: Yo what’s happenin, Doc? Ready to kick trauma's ass?
Thompkins: You know it. I’ll meet you in room 357.

The reptilian man looks at you.

Croc: Hey Bruce. I heard you worked with the Bat to help out the city. Guess you you ain't on my shit list. Yet.

He gives a toothy grin. Then bursts out in laughter and offers his hand. You shake it vigorously.

Bruce: I hope the session goes well.
Thompkins: As do I.

She smiles, but once Cros walks away her muscles tense.

Thompkins: Bruce, he’s in room 22.
>>
File: Face to Face.png (916 KB, 1920x779)
916 KB
916 KB PNG
>>6039595
>Directors:Christopher Berkeley& Sam Liu. Art Department: https://m.imdb.com/title/tt24223450/fullcredits/art_department
>Alt-Text: Image of an animated Bruce Wayne and Harvey Dent staring intensely at each other.
>Dialogue Samples: Andrew Helfer. Jonathan Nolan, Christopher Nolan & David S Goyer. Max Weber.

Bruce: Hey Harv’.
Dent: Hey Brucie. I heard what you did. Even here it's hard to miss a nuclear blackout.
Bruce: I played my part. But the people of Gotham are the ones that saved the city. They’re the ones who’ll see it rise.
Dent: I don't doubt it. That’s why I wanted to talk. I’m resigning.
Bruce: But all the work you’ve do-
Dent: I burned a man alive, Bruce.
Bruce: What?
Dent: Rudolph Klemper, the “Senior Slasher” case. The only one I lost. He confessed to me after he got off. Said he saw a kindred spirit in me. A monster locked away. He bragged about it Bruce, he… No. This is about what I did. I rigged his gas main and blew him to hell.
Bruce: Harvey, he was a serial killer.
Dent: He was a person! And I didn’t kill him to save anyone, despite what I told myself. I killed him because he beat me. I killed him because when he said he saw the monster in me, I was afraid he was right. All this time I kept it bottled up, lying to myself that I had to keep it secret because if I went down the city would too. But I learned something. No one person is that important. It's like you said, this city can't rest on the back of one man, especially one burdened by his dirty laundry.
Bruce: This will leave Gordon in charge. She might be well intentioned but she’s too close with the police.
Dent: From what I heard, GCPD is on its way out. City Hall, the law and order I married myself to, their fading away. The monopoly on violence tends to break down when anyone can take a shot of goo and crush a tank. This new world needs new forms of justice and part of that is me taking accountability.
Bruce: You’re confessing.
Dent: Publically. The people of Gotham deserve to know. And whatever they want to think of me after the fact, I’ll accept.

The weight of his words grinds into you. Your thoughts swarm. How do you feel about Harvey?

>Batman Forever
>Lee Batchler, Janet Scott Batchler & Akiva Goldsman
He’s a murderer. No matter the target or his intentions he crossed a line and can’t be your ally anymore.

>Second Chance
>Vote Title: Gerry Conway, Paul Dini & Michael Reaves.
While he committed an extrajudicial execution, he has the people’s best interest at heart, you are still on his side.

And how do you feel about his plan?

>Face the Face
>Vote Title: James Robinson
Harvey's resignation will do more harm than good, he needs to stay the Mayor.

>Guardian of Gotham
>Vote Title: Eric Stirpe, Patrick Kevin Day, Shanon Ingles, & Luke McMullen
You will support Harvey resigning, but Gordon can’t be left in charge afterward.

>Punishment
>Vote Title: Jeph Loeb
You will support Harvey resigning, even if Gordon is in charge.
>>
>>6039607
{Vote for any number of options for both votes. The option with the highest total votes for each decision wins that decision.}
>>
>>6039607
>Second Chance
We aren't a no-kill Batman.

>Face the Face
We can endorse him as Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>6039607
>Second Chance
Haven't we done worse at this point, technically?

>Guardian of Gotham
We shouldn't force the man to stay if he's set on going. That said, we've picked our side in this, and Gordon ain't it.
>>
>Second Chance
The fact that he wants to repent for his actions is good enough for me.

>Guardian of Gotham
But it has been PROVEN that we cannot work with Gordon
>>
>>6039607
>Second chance.
We are willing to kill. We just need to avoid it as vest we can.

>Guardian of Gotham.
Gordan has helped before. But Police arent to be trusted.
>>
>>6039607
>Second Chance
It is in line with our defiance of no-kill Batman. Harvey still needs a fucking hug, both faces of him
>Guardian of Gotham
I want to be supportive of the bro. He wants out, he gets it. Gordon is our next issue then, but I'm confident we can figure something out. Who knows, maybe she'll change along with the rest of Gotham and the world state? Better play it by ear while we try to relax slightly, after the nonstop assault of putting up with Waller's shit for a while

>But I learned something. No one person is that important. It's like you said, this city can't rest on the back of one man, especially one burdened by his dirty laundry.
Very interesting line. I do wonder if Batman will end up going full public by the end of this quest? A real "The truth is... I am Iron Man" moment?
>>
>>6039607
>Second Chance
>Punishment
Who would we put on Gordon's place anyways?
>>
>>6039771
>Very interesting line. I do wonder if Batman will end up going full public by the end of this quest? A real "The truth is... I am Iron Man" moment?
White Knight did a good take on that. There's good precedent!
>>
>>6039609
OP take this pic
>>
>>6039626
>>6039641
>>6039726
>>6039766
>>6039771
>>6039942
Locking for Second Chance and Guardian of Gotham.

Update today or tommorow
>>
>>6043162
QM?
>>
File: evil-laugh-batman.gif (113 KB, 220x146)
113 KB
113 KB GIF
>>6045143
He'll be back in a week
>>
>>6045143
Working on the update now
>>6045485
I am cringe laughing at how accurate this post is. Sorry folks I am objectively bad at keeping schedules. I'm getting treatment for it. (Which funny enough I am ALSO behind schedule for.)
>>
>>6046350
Take care of yourself, QM. If you keep at it on a schedule which works for you, we'll be here.
>>
File: Knights of the People.png (1.55 MB, 688x1044)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB PNG
>>6039607
>Pencils & Inks: Guillem March. Colors: Tomeu Morey
>Alt-Text: Batman & Nightwing stand on a roof with several other vigilantes.
>Dialogue Samples: Marv Wolfman & George Pérez. The Hypercrisis Bro. Ted Sorenson & John F Kenedy. Grant Morrison. Greg Rucka.

Bruce: Harv’ you’re still my friend. Whatever you’ve done, whatever you need to take accountability for, I’ll help you with that.
Dent: Thanks, Bruce. It means a lot to have you on my side.
Bruce: But we can’t do things the old ways. If this is New Earth, we need a New Gotham. The law you served doesn't serve the people.
Dent: That’s big talk. Revolution talk.

You smirk and present a silver dollar.

Bruce: If you’re nervous, you can always flip for it.

Harvy stands and smiles back.

Dent: Thanks for the offer. But I’ve made up my mind.
_____
It’s a bright day in Gotham. People crowd around a champion of light, like some forgotten ritual to banish the darkness of the past years. Mayor Dent stands proudly on the podium, overlooking the people he has promised to save.

Dent: I’m resigning as Mayor.

The crowd gasps.

Dent: I do this not because I reject the values I ran on, but because I embrace them.
____
At the CBI headquarters, Agent Chase stares at a cubicle farm filled with destroyed computers and empty file cabinets.
“I QUIT” is scratched into the walls in claw marks.

Dent (V.O.): In the past, I let vengeance guide me. I deluded myself into thinking it was justice and violated the city I swore to defend.
_____
At the Fortress of Solitude, Superman and Poison Ivy look at a globe on a computer. Countless dots on the glove are labeled “Potential Recruits.”

Dent (V.O.): I buried the truth and furthered my career because I thought Gotham needed a hero.
_____
At Arkham, Dr Thompkins consoles a crying Threshold.

Dent (V.O.): But it doesn't. Gotham needs Gotham. It just needs us, in here, together, working for a better tommorow.
_____
Amanda Waller sits in a space station, overlooking the planet.

Dent (V.O.): This is why my final act as Mayor is to call an election for the New Gotham Constituional Council. For the first time, all voices in the City will be heard, and the people, not the politicians or police, will have the power to shape their lives.
___
At the Church of the Narrows, Religion of Crime members led by Abbot & A’daire share supplies and tend to the injured, including Jason Todd.

Dent(V.O.): Some will spread fear. They will tell you you cannot be trusted to rule yourselves, but in our darkest day, I saw the goodness in the hearts of our people.
____
Outside the Monarch Theater, a scavenger is selling hoarded supplies. He turns away a family of three for not paying enough.

Dent (V.O.): And for those few that wish us harm. The ones that think they’re in charge?

The hoarder looks up and sees Nightwing and an army of caped and cowled people staring down at him.

Dent (V.O.): The city is under new management.
____
To be continued in... JUSTICEQUEST
>>
>>6047487
Thanks to everyone to sticking with me for this spotty thread. I've been writing Batquest for over three and a half years and I am happy and proud that folks have enjoyed it.

I will use the rest of this thread to do some Q and As as well as some annotations about past threads. I am interested in any feedback you have and also want to here some wishlists for Justicequest.
I hope your weekend is happy and just! :)
>>
>>6047487
It's my little escapist fantasy that this would be possible.
It's a nice fantasy, like a light set on top of a hill, but wind makes it gutter and shrink.

We'll see where the story goes, but thanks Crisis for giving me a few more threads of wick to use before I'm out again.
>>
Last annotations: https://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/2023/5635719/

https://archived.moe/qst/thread/5180270/#q5206054

So now we get to the Paris arc. This was so messy behind the scenes it changed how I wrote Batquest for the future.
I didn’t write any of Paris ahead so I was making things up as I went.
This led to more delays as I had to figure out what was going to happen AND write what was going to happen.
I am mostly satisfied with how it turned out and I like how I used some themes that would be followed up on in later issues but the sloppiness of its production is what led me to write flowchart outlines for Issues 3 and 4.
Ducard is a French detective who helped train Bruce.
He debuted in Detective Comics Vol 1 #599 by Sam Hamm, Denys Cowan, Dick Giordano, Frank McLaughlin, Adrienne Roy &
Todd Klein.
My vision of the character was meant as a twist on the “asshole mentor” archetype seen with Genkai and Pa Mei.
Instead of the “he’s a total dick but he gets results” concept it's “he’s a dick, and being a good detective isn't a pass for that.”
I feel I could have executed that idea a bit better, especially with the racism.
Dick Grayson was made a Roma in the Devin Grayson run, and while her writing has a LOT of issues, Dick’s heritage has taken off as a core part of his character.
An arc in Europe, where anti-Roman sentiment is quite high, let me play into this and I am glad I figured out Raptor as the perfect final boss for this arc because he works so well for such themes.
These days I would use content warnings for the racial slurs.
And while I think they add value to the narrative and drive home the hostility Dick is facing, I would have used them more tactically in hindsight.
>>
>>6047542
https://archived.moe/qst/thread/5180270/#q5206071

Ross going from a super pulpy mad scientist to a casual snarker once he’s on his meds provides a bit of levity. It also shows in this setting being a “mad scientist” is essentially a mental health condition that can be treated.
I previously talked about not using the League of Assassins for this quest because I hadnt figured out a take on them that wasn't so “Fu Manchu-y.”
While to date I do think I figured out how I would do them, I like how Kobra became this quest's designated villain group.
Kobra’s backstory of beeingfounded by some guy twisting actual religion into a supervillain group was both a meta take on Orientalism in genre fiction and a reference to the GI Joe Cobra.
The Larry Hama written origin of Kobra was that it was founded by a used car salesman who taped into suburban American resentment. The Cult of Kobra being an in-universe Mormonism/Nation of Islam/Black Israelite/3HO style warping of Hinduism also explains its various “inaccuracies.”
Cobra being based on an older philosophy was inspired by"'The Most Dangerous Man in the World" an unproduced GI Joe episode written by Buzz Dixon where we meet the man who created the philopshy Cobra commander twisted into Cobra.
The Kobra ranks (Bestwowed, Lancehead, Naga) are from Greg Rucka’s Checkmate run.

The Eye of the Serpent would have had you confront Kobra directly. It was named after Kobra vol 1 #5, written by Martin Pasko.
Choosing who to save, or whether to save someone or go for a mission was a common theme in early Batquest.
Tyger, Tyger was named after the Batman the Animated Series episode written by Cherie Wilkerson from a story by Michael Reaves and Randy Rogel.
The following sequence adapts much of that episode.
>>
>>6047489
It is a quite hopeful vision, especially for a 4chan quest of all things, isn't it?

>>6047487
>JUSTICEQUEST
Get hype! I'l be watching for it.
>>
>>6047542
>Raptor
Very cool and he fit perfectly as a final boss. He wouldn't see eye to eye with Batman and Nightwing, and even if he did we'd have to compromise too much on Batman/Nightwing's goals and ideals in the process

>>6047544
>Ross
You gotta have the pulpy cool here and there, you can't always be the grim modern capeshit with the bad writing and tropes popularized (and enforced) by Marvel since like... 2012? 2014? Anyway that Ross guy was cool
>being a “mad scientist” is essentially a mental health condition
Interesting take. It reminds me of how you could get lots of inspiration and benefit from the manic part of manic-depressive/bipolar, but there's also lots of downsides.
>Kobra
You'll love this quest here. I remember it fondly and I had fun reading it. A blast start to finish, and it did in fact finish.
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?searchall=CobraQuest
>>
>>6047544
https://archived.moe/qst/thread/5180270/#q5208363

“The Beast” is the US President from Transmetropolitan.
He debuted in its fourth issue by (sex pest) Warren Ellis, Kim DeMulder, Nathan Eyring, & Clem Robins/
Putain de bordel de merde is a French vulgarity that has a roughly similar meaning to “motherfucker.”
It literally translates to something like “sex worker from a shit brothel though that's not what it means in French.
Henri calls himself the World's greatest detective, a term used to describe Batman.
It first debuted on the cover of Detective Comics vol 1 146 where Batman and Robin were called the “World’s Greatest Detective Team.”
I am unsure who wrote the text on the cover.
It could be cover artist Dick Sprang, Bill Finger, who wrote the cover story, or Whitney Ellsworth, the executive editor.
Dick tracking European tech robberies along the route of Haly’s Circus was adapted from the Young Justice episode Performance, written by Jon Weisman.
(Thus the vote title)
The Stalkers is the title of Nightwing Vol 2 #44 written by Chuck Dixon. It was chosen for its name.

https://archived.moe/qst/thread/5180270/#q5210910

The Double Dare Twins debuted in Nightwing Vol 2 32 by Chuck Dixon, Scott McDaniel, Karl Story, Roberta Tewes & John Costanza.
They are French acrobats who moonlight as thieves.
They naturally fit this arc because they are French circus performers, thieves, and Nightwing villains.
Had you voted for Dick to investigate them you would have found they *are* thieves but of the more petty crime sort.
Aliki is the more naive one who has a crush on Nightwing in the comics while Margot is the more serious one.
I hope I made their personalities distinct in the short time they were shown/
Mr Haly originated in Dick’s first issue of Detective Comics Vol 1 38 by Bill Finger, Bob Kane, and Jerry Robinson.

Roma translations:
Delva: God (used here as an interjection)
Puchka: A north Indian deep-fried bread sphere stuffed with vegetable filling. (The Romani originated in present-day North India, though I do not know when puchka entered their cuisine.)

Bondoufle is a Paris suburb. It was chosen because it’s near Z.A.C. de la Tremblaie, an industrial zone with warehouses I felt would work well for Ducard’s hideout.
The specific warehouse I used as a reference was Zac de la Tremblaie Chemin Vicinal 4 91220 Le Plessis Paté.
https://www.prologis.com/industrial-properties/building/pfr00911-plessis-pate-dc1

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.