[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1715174900142766.jpg (179 KB, 900x1026)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
You have slain the old tyrant, Suial the Third, and claimed his throne, his kingdom, and his women. After personally executing those who dared to challenge your rule in a grand spectacle the gladiatorial arena—your name chanted by your subjects and proclaimed by priests as the chosen of the divines—you decide to celebrate your victories in the harem.
Choosing Queen Jocasta, the widow and only legal wife of the old man you killed, you summon her to your bed with the hope of fathering an heir for the throne. The queen is nearly forty, perhaps beyond her prime childbearing years, but you are young and robust, only half her age, and confident in your virility.
Throughout the night, you ensure Jocasta's moans and screams are loud enough for the guards outside to overhear, the message clear: the old tyrant's wife now belongs to you. After several passionate sessions in positions deemed most favorable for conception, you and the aging queen find yourselves entwined in the quiet aftermath, catching your breath and beginning to converse.
"I gave birth once," she reveals softly, her voice carrying a mixture of sorrow and nostalgia. "About twenty years ago. A boy. He was taken from me just after being born. I have often prayed that he would one day return to me."

> You express your condolences, "I'm deeply sorry for your loss, my queen. I pray that wherever your son is, he is at peace."
> You express your fury at the old tyrant's cruelty, who buried his newborn sons alive because he feared the prophecy that one of his sons would murder him and usurp his throne, "May Suial endure suffer torment in the fires of Tartarus for eternity."
> You gently caress the queen's pale belly, which you have spent the night filling with your fertile seed, hopeful of potential new life, "Perhaps the gods will answer your prayers and bring your son back to you in some way."
> You find yourself wondering if Suial's firstborn son and only legal heir may have survived, though it was unlikely that a newborn could survive being buried alive, "Did you witness what happened to your son? Is there any chance he could have survived?"
> You quietly feel relief, considering the depravities of Suial's lineage, It's a mercy, really. Suial was a tyrant, and a son born from his seed might have been just as cruel. It's better for the kingdom to be rid of that bloodline, ensuring there's no rightful challenge to your throne.
>>
Welcome back.
>>6046623
> You express your condolences, "I'm deeply sorry for your loss, my queen. I pray that wherever your son is, he is at peace."
> You find yourself wondering if Suial's firstborn son and only legal heir may have survived, though it was unlikely that a newborn could survive being buried alive, "Did you witness what happened to your son? Is there any chance he could have survived?"
> You gently caress the queen's pale belly, which you have spent the night filling with your fertile seed, hopeful of potential new life, "Perhaps the gods will answer your prayers and bring your son back to you in some way."
In this order
>>
>>6046623
>You express your condolences, "I'm deeply sorry for your loss, my queen. I pray that wherever your son is, he is at peace."
>>
>>6046623

>You express your condolences, "I'm deeply sorry for your loss, my queen. I pray that wherever your son is, he is at peace."
>>
>>6046623

>You gently caress the queen's pale belly, which you have spent the night filling with your fertile seed, hopeful of potential new life, "Perhaps the gods will answer your prayers and bring your son back to you in some way."

this better be what I think it is, or I will make it.
>>
File: Ancient cities. Thebes.jpg (423 KB, 1920x1067)
423 KB
423 KB JPG
>>6046637
>>6046685
>>6046988
>>6047442
You express your condolences, "I'm deeply sorry for your loss, my queen. I pray that wherever your son is, he is at peace."
"Thank you, my king," Queen Jocasta responds, recognizing the man who killed her husband as her ruler now.
You find yourself wondering if Suial's firstborn son and only legal heir may have survived, though it was unlikely that a newborn could survive being buried alive, "Did you witness what happened to your son? Is there any chance he could have survived?"
"I wasn't there," the queen admits softly. "For years, I clung to the hope that perhaps my son survived—that a compassionate servant or guard smuggled him out of the kingdom to live in obscurity, far from here. But it's a futile hope, the kind all mothers cling to when their children are ripped away from them. As the years passed, I've had to accept that my son is dead and will never return."
You gently caress the queen's pale belly, which you have spent the night filling with your fertile seed, hopeful of potential new life, "Perhaps the gods will answer your prayers and bring your son back to you in some way."
"Perhaps, we certainly have tried enough times tonight," the queen replies with a wry smile, humor mingling with the acknowledgment of the efforts you've both invested in conceiving a child—an heir who combines the ancient bloodline of House Chion with your own.
You find yourself smiling back, half-joking, "I think we can try a few more times. Just to be sure."
You continue until you are both utterly spent. Lying beside the sleeping Jocasta, you ponder the future, your future and that of your kingdom.

> Having won the favor of the commoners with your display in the arena, it's now crucial to secure the allegiance of the nobility.
> It's essential to prioritize your military leadership—focusing on the eunuch commander of your household guard and the generals who oversee the legions.
> Strengthening the economy is vital; a well-fed populace is less inclined to revolt, thus ensuring the stability of your rule.
> You need to focus on religion, the most potent tool to control the commoners; portraying yourself as a divinely chosen leader could solidify your control over the masses.
> Securing an heir should be your top priority; if Jocasta is unable to bear a child, it may be prudent to consider impregnating other concubines as well.
> Consider diplomatic engagements with neighboring kingdoms to secure alliances and deter potential threats to your rule.
>>
File: 1696547894028451 OIG (91).jpg (234 KB, 1024x1024)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
>>6047471
>Having won the favor of the commoners with your display in the arena, it's now crucial to secure the allegiance of the nobility

The priests and the people are simple enough, it seems; hearts that can be turned with so little can doubtless be turned again.

We require the support of the patricians, among whom in our royal assumption only the worthless fell slain: A Kingdom worth ruling over doubtless has noble blood capable of circumspection, not mere courage. We must make those that remain that side not us reconsider their interests.

For a noble line may be established by any of the blood, prince or bastard. But a noble disloyal truncates his future and uproots his past.
>>
>>6047471

> Having won the favor of the commoners with your display in the arena, it's now crucial to secure the allegiance of the nobility.
>>
>>
>>6047471
>Having won the favor of the commoners with your display in the arena, it's now crucial to secure the allegiance of the nobility.
>>
>>6047471
>> Having won the favor of the commoners with your display in the arena, it's now crucial to secure the allegiance of the nobility.
>>
>>6047471
>>
>>6047471
this seems like the most logical
>>
>>6047510
>>6047524
>>6047580
>>6047697
>>6049226
>>6049338
You rise from the bed, careful not to disturb the queen sleeping unclothed beside you. The first light of dawn filters through the curtains, casting a soft glow on Jocasta's sleeping face. Silently, you dress and stride through the marbled halls of the royal palace.
As you pass beneath archways carved with the visages of ancient warriors, you ponder your next moves in securing the future. The cheers from the arena still ring in your ears—a simple distraction for the masses, a bloody spectacle to win their fleeting favor. Yet, hearts that can be turned with so little can doubtless be turned again. Your true challenge lies in winning over the nobility, those who wield real power in the Kingdom of Thebes.
Your thoughts turn to the dusky-skinned Inaja and the red-haired Rhoda, two of the concubines who once shared the bed of Suial the Third and now whisper secrets of the kingdom to you. Their insights are invaluable, each word offering you insight into the puzzle that is Theban politics.
"Five great noble houses," you mutter to yourself, remembering the lessons of your discussions. These houses—the Blood—are the pillars of Theban nobility, each tracing lineage back to the legendary heroes who fought beside Sumdaq the Great, the founder of the kingdom.
The great noble houses, ranked by power, are Chion, Daeus, Thonius, Erenor, and Lorus. House Chion stands as the most powerful among them. Queen Jocasta, Suial’s widow and only legal wife, is a daughter of House Chion, and her brother is its current lord. Winning Jocasta’s favor and securing her kin as allies could ease your path to consolidating power. Making them enemies, however, could spell disaster.
You consider the dynamics of the other houses. House Daeus and House Thonius, ever ambitious and competitive, could be manipulated into checking each other's power, their longstanding rivalry preventing any united front against you. House Erenor, with their deep-seated traditionalism, would oppose drastic changes but prefer a stable rule over the chaos of war. Lastly, House Lorus, the least powerful but potentially the easiest to sway.
As you walk the cold, stone floor of your new domain, the weight of the crown begins to press upon you. Not just a crown of gold, but a crown of responsibility and cunning. You killed a tyrant and took his crown, and now you must deal with the aftermath.
“Which house to tame first…” you ponder, feeling the gaze of ancient statues upon you. Suial's ancestors are unrelated to you by blood, but they are still your predecessors as king. Your decision will shape the future of Thebes—whether it steers towards a reign marked by peace or the bloodshed of civil war.

> House Chion, leveraging Jocasta's influence.
> House Daeus, backing them in their rivalry.
> House Thonius, backing them in their rivalry.
> House Erenor, appealing for stability.
> House Lorus, potentially the easiest to sway.
>>
>>6049474

>>
>>6049474
>Gain House Chion with Jocasta's influence
>then back Thonius against Daeus

Consolidation of power is our first priority. An easy victory builds momentum for the rest.

Daeus and Thonius' constant squabbling leaves us vulnerable to outside forces, like one's right hand bruising one's left. If the feud will not resolve in amity we must force it to a violent end, lest worse hap upon us: internal war.

In terms of power Daeus is ranked next after Chion; if we help it in the rivalry against Thonius it will not likely be grateful, but consider our decision the only logical one. It would still be at heart unbeholden to us.

In the event of war Daeus has as much chance of going to our enemies out of spite against Thonius, while in peacetime it is in the best state and position to challenge the present regime, being ourself and Chion.

Backing Thonius should likely bind it to us with gratitude: we were unbeholden to help in their private feud, yet we favored them. Thus in peacetime they have no reason to challenge us, being third in terms of power, and with Daeus in ruins they have no reason to go to our enemies.

Unless other tides run below the surface of their squalls, this should be our course: Thonius against Daeus.
>>
>>6049474
>House Chion
>House Lorus
>House Erenor
we need to consolidate power fast, and these three are the easiest targets. Once 3 have accepted us the other two will fall in line
>>
QM how do you pronounce Suial? Sue-yal? Sool?
>>
>>6049474
>House Chion, leveraging Jocasta's influence.
>>
>>6049530
It's Laius spelled backward https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laius so Sue-yal
>>
>>6049474
> House Chion, leveraging Jocasta's influence.
And then
Getting involved in the blood feud sounds like more trouble than it's worth.
>>
>>6049808
+1, we can decide how to deal with the two rival houses when we know more about them
>>
>>6049474
>>6049808
>>6049946
Just noticed I fucked up the copy paste, meant to post Erenor and Lorus.
>>
>>6049955
I had assumed you wrote Erenor like >>6049507
did when I skimmed it, for some reason. +1 the corrected version
>>
>>6049507
>>6049530
>>6049560
>>6049572
>>6049808
>>6049946
>>6049955
>>6049956
You decide to start with House Chion, leveraging Queen Jocasta's influence as a bridge to their loyalty. You request her to send a letter to her house, and soon, Patrician Creon, the current lord of House Chion and the Queen's brother, arrives at your court.
Creon is a middle-aged man, the ruler of the wealthiest and most powerful province in the kingdom, yet he seems wary of you—the foreign barbarian who killed his king and brother-in-law, the old tyrant Suial the Third. His eyes, sharp and calculating, take in the splendor of the capital as he approaches you.
You rise from your throne to greet him, arms open in a gesture of welcome. "Patrician Creon, welcome to the capital. It is an honor to have you here."
Creon nods, his expression guarded. "Rex," he acknowledges, his tone neutral. "I am here to discuss the future of our kingdom. The kingdom Sumdaq the Great built with the help of my ancestor, the hero Chion."
"Indeed," you say, motioning for him to sit. "I have taken your sister, Jocasta, as my wife. Our child, my heir, will have the ancient blood of Chion. This union shall place your blood on the throne and forever elevate your house to the pinnacle of the kingdom's hierarchy."
Creon's eyes narrow slightly. "But if my sister is unable to bear a healthy son?" he counters, the doubt clear in his voice. He knows well that a woman approaching forty is less likely to birth a healthy child.
You meet his gaze steadily. "Even then, my firstborn will be adopted by her and carry the name of House Chion," you reply. "Blood or not, your house will benefit from me as king."
Creon leans back, mulling over your proposition. The silence stretches, the weight of the decision hanging in the air. "It is a generous offer," he admits finally, his voice contemplative. "But I need more than words before I commit to you."
You smile, a calculated gesture. "Of course not. Actions speak louder."
Creon studies you, his expression unreadable. "The lands of House Chion are currently threatened by a horde of painted savages. I have heard it said that you are a warrior without equal, that you cut through my brother-in-law's guards and slew dozens of men by yourself in the gladiatorial arena. Lend me your strength in defending my lands, and I will swear my house to you."

> Very well, I will ride with you and see these savages crushed.
> I will assign a legion of my personal guards to bolster your forces, but I must remain here to ensure the kingdom's stability.
> Instead of force, we could negotiate with the leader of the savages. If we can turn him into an ally, it will strengthen both our positions.
>>
>>6050275
I imagine the distance is not too great? Victory against foreign invaders would furthe legitimize us.
>>
>>6050275
In other cases Id say pick the other two choices but Chion needs to be on our side 100%, because if the throne is vacant that means Jocasta can marry whoever and name him the king, so they still have a grasp on the throne and can replace us if they want.
>>
> Very well, I will ride with you and see these savages crushed
>>
>>6050275
>>
>>6050275
>Very well, I will ride with you and see these savages crushed.
If there are any personal guards that we have reason to trust yet I'd want to bring them to ensure a potential fanatic hiding in Chion's ranks doesn't try to backstab us in the heat of battle
>>
File: 123438.jpg (317 KB, 1920x823)
317 KB
317 KB JPG
>>6050301
>>6050305
>>6050349
>>6050363
>>6050537
"Very well, I will ride with you and see these savages crushed," you nod calmly, masking the strategic calculations whirling through your mind.
This could, of course, be a trap to lure you from your palace in the capital and assassinate you on foreign soil. But what would Creon gain from killing you? The other houses of the Blood would never tolerate House Chion’s overt power grab—they would unite against them, plunging the kingdom into war.
Moreover, Jocasta, despite her noble lineage, is just a woman, not someone who can lead her dead husband's legions. Creon and House Chion benefit far more with you alive than dead.
Besides, you find yourself welcoming the danger, having already grown bored of your peaceful life in the palace after the spectacle at the arena. The steel and blood of the battlefield call to you more than the silk and comfort of the palace, and you look forward to the opportunity of crossing your blades with the painted savages.
Creon's expression softens slightly, a hint of respect flashing in his eyes as you agree to join him in defending his lands. "Then we are allies, Rex. Let us see if your prowess in battle is as formidable as they say."
The next morning, you stand at the head of the royal legion, flanked by soldiers from House Chion. The early sun casts long shadows on the ground, heralding the start of a new day and a new battle. As you prepare to leave the capital, the air is thick with the scent of oil and leather, the soldiers' armor clinking softly with each movement.
Queen Jocasta remains behind in your palace, but you may take one of your concubines, to share your tent during the campaign.

> Lana the green-eyed concubine, with her keen insight and quiet strength, the first concubine to share your bed and the one who urged you to seize the throne.
> Inaja the dusky-skinned concubine, whose understanding of the kingdom's religious and political climate could help you during the campaign.
> Rhoda the red-haired concubine, once the daughter of a prominent merchant before Suial claimed her, whose knowledge of financial matters can be a significant asset.
> A blonde foreign concubine, draped in jewels and silk, who admits openly that she prefers the harem's decadence to starving on the streets and wishes to remain in the palace as your concubine.
> An effeminate beardless boy, trained to sexually pleasure the old tyrant, a grim reminder of your predecessor's twisted perversions.
> A concubine who has her back scarred by whips, marked by Suial's cruelty after a failed escape attempt, whose resilience might be an asset.
> A once-proud warrior woman reduced to a slave concubine, her spirit dulled by years of captivity in Suial's harem, having been broken by the old tyrant.
> A mute concubine, her tongue removed by the old tyrant, yet still strangely devoted to her abuser.
> A virgin priestess, a gift from the fat and corrupt but obsequious high priest.
> Write In
>>
>>6051991
>An effeminate beardless boy, trained to sexually pleasure the old tyrant, a grim reminder of your predecessor's twisted perversions.
We’ll be overpowering many men on this trip, hopefully.
>>
>>6051991

> A once-proud warrior woman reduced to a slave concubine, her spirit dulled by years of captivity in Suial's harem, having been broken by the old tyrant
A new one, and appropriate for the occasion
>>
>>6051991
>>6052157
+1
>>
>>6052157
+1, her spirit can be reignited & she can become our new bodyguard

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.