[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Resistance man 1.jpg (35 KB, 600x420)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
You are Iwo Malinowski. Once, you were a police officer in Yetrizcy, capitol of the peaceful republic of Awsbet. You lived in a cozy apartment, shared with your younger brother, Karlo.

Awsbet was a quiet place, peaceful and a little backward, where people still rode horse-drawn carriages and used gas lights in their homes, taking their time to join the rest of the world in the coming future. It was a good place to call home... Until the Federation crossed the border in October.

Your small and outdated army never stood a chance before the Eortite Federation's mobile armor and machine guns. In just weeks, they swept through your nation and took the capitol, forcing the Premier to sign an unconditional surrender. As the first signs of spring emerged in Yetrizcy, the Federation's troops paraded triumphantly through Constitution Square and martial law was instated under the new Military Commissioner.

As the nation reeled from the shock, you and your brother were among the first to contemplate resistance. Together, you gathered a small group and planned your strike - setting a bomb to go off just as a handful of enemy officers were sitting down for lunch... It was a plan that left you as the sole survivor. Karlo, Paul, Triss and Harken were all gunned down by the occupiers.

But you refused to let their deaths be in vain. You pulled yourself up and started over. With hatred burning in your heart, you sought out new allies and met Aneta, a member of the university's Democratic Society. Together, you planned an ambush on Federation censors and stole away priceless relics of your nation's past from the Museum of Art and Civilization.

There's blood on your hands now. A military policeman and half a dozen soldiers have died at your hands, but the censors themselves escaped unharmed. All the same, you managed to escape the museum with ammunition, a plundered rifle and your life, while your accomplice hid the stolen relics.

Now you sit on your bed across from Aneta. She's a few years younger than you and as you watch, a few strands of auburn hair slip free of the bun behind her head, falling into her dark eyes and making her push them away with a huff. Her short skirt (barely below her knees-!) and shiny walking boots are fashionable, but she's still a working-class girl, in spite of her university education; you've never seen her truly neat and tidy. Then again, given your background before moving to the city was a full-on country bumpkin, you're not one to judge.

"So," she asks, "What went wrong?"

"The censors realized when they saw the cases," you explain, "They sent a runner to tell everyone to put the museum on lockdown; I tried to take him down, but got seen and had to make a fight of it. I was out-numbered like, four-to-one and pinned down, so I had to cut and run before the gunfire drew the whole place down on me. I think I got..." you count off on your fingers, "One, two, three- Six of them? Plus the sergeant right at the end."
>>
>>6051065
"Well that could be worse," she sighs, "A sergeant's something, but none of the cultural commission? I'm sorry I didn't make it back sooner. Maybe with two of us-"

"It still would have been two-to-one," you shake your head. "I just hope the helmet meant they didn't get a good view of my- Ah!" Your head shoots up as you realize something, "There was someone else! I saw someone else on my way out; he saved my life from the Federation-! He was from the army!"

"The army?" Aneta blinks, "Like... Our army? Awsbet?"

"You know anyone else who wears a red coat and peaked cap?" you ask excitedly. "Okay, burgundy or whatever, but you know what I mean!"

"No way..." Aneta gapes, "But I thought the soldiers were all locked up! So he must have been..."

"Another resistance fighter," you grin, smacking your fist into your palm, "I knew we couldn't be the only ones!"

"Kings and Queens," she swears by the deified rulers of Old Eorten. "That's fantastic! It changes everything! Did you get his name or- I guess not." She catches your look and smirks, looking away, "Things were a bit frantic, huh? That explains where the broken window came from. Still, you think he's independent, or working with a group? Should we track them down, try to join?"

"Could be," you nod, "But we have no way of knowing. And besides, if he's hiding from the Federation, he'll be hiding from us too."

"True... So what now?"
>Now? Fucking rest, you're hungry and exhausted and the day's barely more than half over
>The museum is going to have the entire city in uproar. Perfect chance to stoke the flames. Go hunting for more. Aneta needs blooding anyway
>Small talk. You barely know Aneta and now's as good a time as any to get to know her
>Other (write in)
>>
>>6051068
Character Sheet
>https://pastebin.com/EhuYjhnx
Manual
>https://pastebin.com/KAFyWkUd
Glossary of Terms
>https://pastebin.com/yq407m9b

Previous threads
>https://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/2017/1122937/
>https://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/2017/1997552/
>>
>>6051068
>Other (write in)
Fuck Aneta
>>
>>6051096
>+1
>>
>>6051096
>>6051101
In the words of many a DM in the past... Are you SURE you want to try that?

Because I can tell you right now, there's not a good chance she'll consent.
>>
>>6051068
>Other (write in)
Figure out how to work your new rifle with Aneta, preferably with neither of us anywhere near the front of it.

Also, no fucking. Christ, you guys have that Purge quest for that.
>>
>>6051103
>Because I can tell you right now, there's not a good chance she'll consent.
is the mc ugly ?
>>
>>6051143
Funnily enough, there's more to sex than just looking good, especially in a world with 1920-1940s cultural mores.

And no, Iwo is about average. His features I left blank intentionally for you to self-insert.
>>
>>6051150
At least she is not a whore
>>
>>6051173
What on earth made you think she was? She's not a saint, but certainly not a whore. Apart from anything else, wouldn't a whore have just hopped into bed with the first Fed officer she could find?

Hopefully we can garner some more votes before we move on. I'm told things move slower now than they did back in the day.
>>
>>6051181
I think it's best you reboot this quest because frankly no one remembers something you wrote 7 (!) years ago. All you'll do invite trolls and people who didn't care about the story.
>>
>>6051068

Rest
>>
>>6051186
I want to hear it
>>
>>6051186
I agree. /qst/ has changed much. A fresh restart is cleaner and would allow you to get the good players you deserve.
>>
>>6051186
>>6051194
I appreciate the concern, I mean that genuinely. But I've made an unfortunate habit in my life of failing to finish things that I've started. I already rebooted Resistance Quest once back in the day. I won't do so again. I intend to see this through, regardless of a couple of trolls.

>>6051189
I appreciate the chance to impress you. Given how slow things are, I think I'll try to post a new update twice a day or so.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (43 KB, 414x602)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
Obrez anon. I’m still willing to give you a chance.

Especially now that I’ve found picrel for our revolver, heh heh heh…

>>6051068
>Sleepy time.
>>
>>6051198
Your writing is already impressive
>>
>>6051068
"Now? Now I get some rest," you sigh, sagging in place as the fatigue catches up with you, crashing over the barrier of your adrenaline like a flood overwhelming a dam. "I'm starving hungry and exhausted ."

"Seriously? That's no fun," Aneta frowns. "Shouldn't we keep the initiative or something?"

"Fuck you, I didn't sleep a wink last night and I spent the morning getting shot at," you snort, shaking your head. "I feel like hammered crap."

"Alright, old man, I suppose we can't expect everyone to have the life and energy of us students," she chuckles, but her words are rather undercut by the cavernous yawn she's unable to suppress, covering her mouth and provoking the usual response from you in turn. "Alright, maybe you have a point... Should we meet up again tomorrow?"

"Killing their soldiers will have kicked a hornet's nest," you nod. "Curfew's gonna be even riskier than normal. Come on by tomorrow. If there's wanted posters with my face on them, I won't want to risk being seen. Tomorrow we can come up with some kind of plan for our next step."

"Alright. I'll stop by at eleven o'clock," she nods, standing up and rubbing her cheeks. She flashes you a nervous smile as you walk her to the door. "We actually made a start," she says in a quiet voice, apparently unable to actually believe it. "It feels good to not just sit and wait for the worst." She turns and shakes your hand with an increasingly elated expression. You'll be amazed if she doesn't skip on the way back to her dorm room. "Kings keep you, Iwo. See you tomorrow."

Aneta heads down the stairs and you hear her apologize as she squeezes past someone in the narrow corridor. There's a pause, then a chuckle of laughter that you recognize as belonging to Artur, your neighbor. Given how you've pumped him for the mood on the street before, you've no doubt that rumors will soon start about you and Aneta, but hopefully that'll just obfuscate your meeting for more violent reasons.

You shut and lock the door and after a moment's thought, fetch a kitchen chair, propping it under the handle. If the worst comes to the worst, it'll buy you time to maybe climb out your window and make it down the three stories to the street. Next is food - nothing exciting, just canned beef, bread and some of the leftover soup. It vanishes alarmingly quickly and you realize just how hungry you were. Shortly thereafter, sleep calls to you like a siren and you fall into your bed, barely remembering to undress before your head hits the pillow and unconsciousness instantly claims you.
>>
>>6051485
Your dreams are as disturbed as ever. The events of the day replay in your mind, as you remember driving your knife into those soldiers. Each one locks eyes with you as they die and you feel their polluted, final breath seeping into you, filling your lungs with their blood, soaking you until you barely resemble a human, hauling yourself through the cavernous halls of the Federal Museum of Censored Police Art. You pull your teeth out and jam them into the wicked rifle in your hands, bloody stumps chattering as you pull the trigger and send your priestly brother and his seven twins flying across the room in bloody chunks. The national anthem seeps from your throat like a thin thread, unravelling your voice into a stolen flag, which drifts to the ground like a carpet for you to wipe your gore-drenched boots on.

"Iwwoo... Iwwoo~!" A sing-song chorus comes from the spattered pieces of your brother's heads, giggling as they look at you with crazed eyes. "Kikikikikillerkiller. Killer like meee~!" The grouse he used to hunt come spilling through the windows, shattering glass and swarming you, peck-peck-pecking away as you scream without sound and swing your hands, fingers splitting open into gun barrels that bang-bang-bang-bang-!

You wake with a start and a strangled cry of shock. For a split second, the bitter taste of adrenaline fills your mouth, before you realize the copper tang is blood. You've bitten your tongue in panic. Cursing, you swing yourself to your feet, casting about for a weapon, before reality re-asserts itself and the gunfire of your dreams becomes knocking on the door. You blink the sleep out of your eyes and call out, asking who it is.

"Iwo? It's me," Aneta's voice sounds. "It's already eleven. Are you alright in there?"

Kings and Queens, you slept almost a full 24 hours?! "Ye-yeah, just give me a moment!" you call back, looking for your pants. Someone must have canned that beef badly to give you nightmares like that. Once you're halfway to decent, you kick the chair aside and open the door for her. Aneta's eyebrows shoot up at the sight of you before you invite her inside. "Sorry... Slept badly," you grumble.

"I can tell," she sighs and you notice the shadows under her eyes, undisguised by any makeup. "I didn't do much better."
>>
File: refugees 1.jpg (173 KB, 1024x726)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>6051486
You invite her in and she shucks her coat, hanging it on a peg by the door, before nodding to the chair you blocked the door with. "Smart. The Feds are pissed, but the good news is I didn't see anything with your face on it. Seems the army got most of the attention. There's posters all over asking for information leading to the arrest of seven Awsbet soldiers and reminding everyone the Premier ordered them to stand down and surrender and how they're traitors to the nation for continuing to fight." She rolls her eyes and grins, looking elated. "I don't think there's a single person who's not cheering them on, privately of course."

You of course offer her some of your limited ration of coffee, apologizing that it's instant and she, just as naturally, assures you that instant is perfectly fine and graciously accepts. It's odd how little social rituals like that persist even through a war and provide an odd sense of normalcy to life. After you're more properly dressed and have got both yourself and Aneta something to drink, you take a seat opposite her at the kitchen table.

"So, what now?" she asks, taking a sip of the bitter brew.

"We've got options," you nod. "Could see if we can find the army, could find members of my old station. There's limits to what the two of us can do alone."

"I've been thinking about that," she nods. "My father was part of the labor unions. They weren't fond of police, but..."

"Hard times make strange bedfellows," you nod. It's been a while since a major strike, none since you joined the force, but police and labor unionists might as well be foxes and farm dogs for how much they are natural enemies. "Besides that, we need more weapons and a place to stash them, not to mention the relics we took-"

You're both cut off by a soft tapping on the door. Aneta freezes and reaches into her pocket, probably grasping the leatherworker's awl she keeps there. You tentatively approach the door and call out. "Who's there?"

There's a pause, then a younger voice speaks up. "We had a deal, mister. You promised a hot meal."

It's the kids from the bombed districts. The day before yesterday, you went looking for battlefield salvage in the war-torn sections of the city and a pair of brothers found you picking through the remains of their home. To avoid a fight, you told them to come to your house and get a hot meal. In all the excitement, you'd forgotten about them.
>>
>>6051489
Aneta looks at you expectantly. What do you do?
>Let the kids in. You had a deal after all.
>Ignore them. You don't have any obligation to honor your deal and even with Karlo's ration card, you're hardly eating like a king.
>Tell them to come back later when Aneta's not here. Rumors are one thing, but no sense throwing fuel on the fire.
>Motion to Aneta to hide. If they see her here and overheard what you were saying, they could ID her to the military police.
>Threaten the kids to scram. You don't need the extra attention them being here will bring.
>Explain to Aneta and defer to her judgement
>Other (write in)
>>
>>6051491
>Let the kids in. You had a deal after all.
We need more than two people in this little resistance cell, and considering their home currently is basically rubble, they might have a few issues with the occupiers.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.