[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Expect some downtime in the next few minutes for upgrades!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: shiao1.png (1.06 MB, 1000x534)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
You are the Bird Handler (禽師), a cultivator feared throughout the realm for your mastery over beasts avian.

Your hair, black as ink, sways in the wind like a battle standard as you ride on the back of your companion, Mokun (墨鯤), a legendary Peng (鵬) bird that has been by your side from your birth.

Where are you going?
>The City of Yi (毅城).

>The Iron Feather Sect (鐵羽宗).

>Red Saber Temple (紅刀寺).
>>
>>6075898
>The Iron Feather Sect (鐵羽宗)
>>
>>6075898
>>The Iron Feather Sect (鐵羽宗).
>>
>>6075898
>Red Saber Temple (紅刀寺).
>>
>>6075898
>Ask Mokun about each location
>>
>>6075957
+1, if possible.
>>
Go to the iron feather sect with the excuse of assaulting young massters
>>
>>6075898
>>
>City of Yeet
serious answer
>City of Yi
>>
>>6075900
>>6075922
>>6075946
>>6075957
>>6075974
>>6076094
>>6076320
>>6076360

>>
>>6077147
You are on your way to the Iron Feathers Sect, known also for their cultivation arts related to the taming of spiritual birds, and other related techniques. They are located atop Shattered Jade Mountain (玉碎山), perched high up in the clouds where they cultivate with the flying beasts that reside in the region.

Why are you headed there?
>You are an elder of the Iron Feathers Sect returning from secluded meditation at a faraway peak.

>An elder from the Iron Feathers sect has offended you during your travels by attempting to capture one of your birds. You must mete out vengeance.

>It is rumoured that the Iron Feathers have got their claws on the egg of a mythical avian. It is crucial for advancing your cultivation so you are making your way there to negotiate a possible trade; if not, a forcible handover.
>>
>>6077151
>An elder from the Iron Feathers sect has offended you during your travels by attempting to capture one of your birds. You must mete out vengeance.
They have succeeded in the capture, and you have just learned that they were Iron Feathers. The bird they captured is related to Mokun.
>>
>>6077151
Time to start counting coup.
>>
>>6077151
>You must mete out vengeance.
>>
>>6077151
>It is rumoured that the Iron Feathers have got their claws on the egg of a mythical avian. It is crucial for advancing your cultivation so you are making your way there to negotiate a possible trade; if not, a forcible handover.
>>
>>6077161
>>6077167
>>6077231
>>6077285

>>
>>6078545
"Lu Tian (魯田)..." you whisper that scoundrels name under your breath. A few hundred moons ago, you met him under less than favourable circumstances. While scouring the labyrinthian ruins of an ancient cult, one of you spirit birds happened to stumble upon a small regiment of cultivators from the Iron Feathers. Thinking that it was a wild spirit beast, they attempted to capture it; and had it not been for your swift intervention, they might have succeeded. One might expect compensation for such a misunderstanding between those who roam the martial world, but to your astonishment, Lu Tian—that bastard—had the audacity to sic his men on you. You did away with them as easily as one raises their finger. It is unfortunate that just as you were about to end Lu Tian’s pitiful life, a surge of energy surged forth from the ruin grounds, separating the two of you. All fled shortly after for fear of being caught by whatever calamity was about to befall the area.

There have been more pressing matters for you to attend in the years since, but this insult you have forgotten not. Now that your other matters have been settled, it is finally time to take care of this old grudge.

In the distance, the foot of a colossal mountain comes into view. You signal for Mokun to rise, sharply, in altitude. By now, the sentries on guard should have felt your presence. No matter. Like a geyser you burst forth from beneath the sea of clouds; and with speed that betrays countless decades of practice, your hands cycle through a series of hand signs, summoning a cyclone that sweeps through every nook and cranny of the Iron Feathers sect.
>>
>>6078561
“Show yourself, Lu Tian!” you roar. “It is time for you to face retribution!”

A moment later, five cultivators fly out from one of the highest peaks on the mountain: one woman and four men, and among them, Lu Tian. All are elders of the Iron Feathers Sect, you presume.

“You dare step foot on Shattered Jade Mountain?” the woman asks in an arrogant tone.

You scoff at her hubris. “My business is with Lu Tian. The rest of you leave and I shall bring no harm to you.”

“Insolent!” Lu Tian barks. “Do not think you can act however you wish here, Bird Handler!”

“The Bird Handler?” The other four mutter to themselves.

You stare indifferently.

“What are your demands?” The woman furrows her brow. “Let us settle this in a civilised manner, shall we?”

“Head Elder Fu! With all due respect, what is the meaning of this?” Lu Tian yells with a shaky voice.

The other elders express similar sentiments, only to be silenced by the Head Elder.

Your hawk-like eyes lock onto the object of your ire. “Lu Tian’s life!” you bellow, splitting the clouds beneath with the force of your voice.

“And if that is not permitted…” You hold out an empty palm whence a transparent orb manifests. Inside, there reside countless winged beasts. “Within this dimensional orb are ten thousand five-coloured thunder rocs (五色雷鵬). With a single thought, I let them loose and all your dear disciples will be slaughtered by evenfall.”

Absolute silence.

What do you do?
>Release the beasts. A little massacre should get them talking.

>Attack the elders. They’ll never expect it.

>Write in.
>>
>>6078562
>Explain your grudge, if they react negatively release the rocs
>>
>>6078562
Attack the elders. As a bird trainer I won't let my birds come to harm unless there is no other choice. Also why would I give the iron feathers free birds? I must protect the orb with my life
>>
>>6078562
>Explain your grudge, if they react negatively attack Liu Tian directly.
I would prefer to avoid a senseless slaughter if possible, maybe they will let us duel it out, if not then so be it.
>>
>>6078619
+1
>>
>>6078562
>For the thievery of my Bird
>For the impudent aidacity to attack me.for rebuking him
>For the inconvenience of coming to this mountain to settle my score
>I will have his head to sate the balance.

If they are shrewd, they will see thaynthey can measure his value vs the value of a treasure vs the risk of our move.
>>
>>6078562
>Explain your grudge, if they react negatively attack Liu Tian directly.
>"I'll slay him in honorable combat to not stain your sects name."
>>
>>6079474
+1 for this rhetoric.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.