[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3775.jpg (355 KB, 864x770)
355 KB
355 KB JPG
Are there any hobbies which an AI wont be able to do better?
>Music
Most pop fags already use AI to generate melodies. Plus MIDI can already play all songs imaginable in all instruments making a player useless.
>Art
StabDiff already mogs 95% of all living artists and only keeps getting better
>Sports
Theyre fixed and are pay2win most of the time. Plus AI will do it better.
>Cycling
A drone can destroy my speed
>Lifting and fitness
An FPV automated drone can just blow me smithereens out of nowhere.
>Vidya
Bots with aimbot mog even the best players ever. Bots keeps getting better and better.
>rollerskating
Cycling mogs it. FPV drone mogs me
>le reading
Transformer AIs can read and understand it in less than 5 seconds
>Lego
Wut?

Please. I just want to mog AI and other humans. What are some good ways to do so?
>>
>>77244087
why would you care if it's just a hobby? people do artisanal crafts even though we can create things at an industrial scale
>>
>>77244087
knitting/crochet/sewing type stuff
>>
>>77244108
Because I want to be the very best at it. I dont wanna be no mediocre about it. And if an AI is gonna mog me to infinity, I dont wish to do it because I wanna be unique.
Also let me add this into the list of hobbies:

>Chess
Chess AIs can infinitely mog even the best player on the planet
>>77244130
Seems nice, although kinda meh. The people who I know that knit tend to be rather poor and I associate it a lot with women. Plus the best knitters have automated expensive tools to get it looking good. Which means its pay2win
>>
>>77244165
>Because I want to be the very best at it
even without ai there is always a chinese guy who will mog you. if you want smth where ai can't mog you get into bodybuilding
>>
>>77244087
you are a faggot and you don't actually want to do anything
>>77244108
he is a faggot and doesn't actually want to do anything
>>
>>77244229
>actually want to do anything
probably, just sounds like excuses for being a consoomer and not creating anything
>>
>>77244229
church

fuck you op
>>
>>77244087
The only thing I think is human sex in real life.
>>
>>77244087
yes
going on walks or bike rides or hikes
>drone can destroy my speed
it's about fun not speed
>>
>>77244228
Bodybuilding. An FPV drone can mog you by just exploding your ass, this is proven in the Ukrainian front. You have to take at least 3 years of lifting, eating like a pig to gain mass, which is thousands of dollars worth of food. Meanwhile Ivan can just explode you by playing videogames in a drone.
>>77244229
>>77244235
Wrong. I cycle, i roller skate, I play the piano, I sometimes produce music, I also draw although Im a beg, I have a Lego collection plus there is other shit I do.
>>77244255
I am more and more realizing sex is probably the only thing that matters. Its the thing that feels the best.
>>77244276
Well you cant become the best if you dont go by a metric.
>>
>>77244330
>An FPV drone can mog you by just exploding your ass
you are trolling right?
>>
>>77244330
>cant become the best if you dont go by a metric.
my metric is if I had fun and if I do I'm doing something right
>>
>>77244087
Meditation? AI can only make more human artifice. Transformer AIs do not and will never have human level understanding. They can function as superhuman expert systems at best. That's not human understanding, it's pointing at a box in a diagram.
>>
Non-crafty physical hobbies. A machine being able to hike longer or lift more than you shouldn't detract from your enjoyment.
>>
>>77244345
For me, the only reason to get fit is because of the offchance youll need that fitness to take or save lives. By getting fit, you improve your chances of survival. But no matter how fit you are, a 60 dollar automated drone can just infinitely fuck you up permanently. That is a really strong mog and proves that fitness in wars are mattering less and less. Its becoming extremely pay2win
>>77244353
I only really have fun when Im doing my best at something
>>77244363
Meditation has a lot of disciplines, you need to be very specific. For example, the one usually taught by the Indians is void meditation, which is fucking uselsss as shit. A lot of meditation disciplines are complete cope in its essence, because it just teaches you to not be a pussy in things.
But there are some interesting forms of meditation like kasina meditation, which an AI still mogs because of stabdiff ability to create random shit in images.
>>77244391
But it does. It reminds me of that scene in the book of Childhood End where the aliens ponder why humans would take the time to hike the Grand Canyon when they have an elevator able to take them down and up. I am like those aliens.
>>
>>77244423
>I am like those aliens.
you are an autistic retard and should get therapy
>>
op this is the most retarded thread on this board.
>An FPV automated drone can just blow me smithereens out of nowhere
this is true for every situation but has nothing to do with the hobby. your hobby could be baking cakes and an fpv automated drone can come out of nowhere and blow you to smithereens that doesnt mean the drone is a better baker retard
>>
>>77244423
>Meditation has a lot of disciplines, you need to be very specific.
... no I don't. If "make le random shit images" is what you call "mogging" that's poor, I can do that on my phone without AI technology.
>>
>>77244449
>op this is the most retarded thread on this board.
it reads like he is highly autistic and genuinely needs to outcompete everyone
>>
>>77244087
Hobbies are for losers.
>>
>>77244423
>But it does. It reminds me of that scene in the book of Childhood End where the aliens ponder why humans would take the time to hike the Grand Canyon when they have an elevator able to take them down and up. I am like those aliens.
OP do you get self-conscious when you watch a crane lift 10,000 tons? Is this where we are now? Machine mogging?
>>
>>77244434
Or it just means I dont consider the useless as fun. Its just a simple difference of preference.
>>77244449
No not really. Bodybuilding is to get fit, fitness is to get a higher freedom of movement and strength. If an FPV automated drone can mog you in those aspects, then it means that the drone can mog a bodybuilder in its strengths.
A baker, thats actually something an AI hasnt done well yet. Well done anon.
>>77244458
Yes, there is a lot of different kinds of meditation. Its like saying you need to play vidya, when vidya has different genres and are vastly different.
Kasina meditation helps strengthen visualization, but its useless now that an AI can generate whatever the fuck you wanted out of that visualization
>>77244500
According to whom? You?
>>
>>77244514
Yes, I actually do. I get self conscious that someone was able to create something that useful and was able to implement it successfully. It means that they are far stronger and better than the physically strongest humans. Because they were able to carry with their creations a thousand times more humans.
>>
>>77244515
>I dont consider the useless as fun
autism, you are a literal robot and likely have no soul
>>
>>77244532
A robot does things that can be seen as useless if programmed incorrectly. A machine does not have preferences, or just simply does.
I have preferences, therefore I am not a machine.
I just wanna be the best at something, and I do not want to be mogged by AI or other humans in the future.
>>
>>77244558
*it just simply does.
>>
>>77244515
>Bodybuilding is to get fit, fitness is to get a higher freedom of movement and strength. If an FPV automated drone can mog you in those aspects, then it means that the drone can mog a bodybuilder in its strengths
once again this idea is fundamentally wrong and its not even true. bodybuilding has nothing to do with fitness or health no body builder natural or otherwise is at their healthiest potential when bodybuilding.
also let me use your logic for baking
>to bake is to create a product that sustains my body by fulfilling its caloric needs. a drone can obliterate my body by blowing it up there drones mog baking
if you really wanted to make a fair competition in terms of bodybuilding having ai compete with bodybuilders, you would need the ai to actually compete in a show. which is retarded
anyways a hobby isnt just the end product its the process and experience that comes along with it. just because you make something and an ai makes a better version of it doesnt mean that you havent improved your own technical abilities and gained knowledge about the hobby.
i cant believe i wallposted to this shit
>>
>>77244683
Baking does not give enough calories and energy to provide nutrition. So not even a good example. The only reason why anyone should be lifting and getting fit is to go to war and fight. Bodybuilding for its modern sake is honestly really fucking pathetic, ugly as sin and dangerous. In the classical eras it made sense since you got way stronger and could beat the shit out of other humans easily. But now, some drone can just come and destroy your ass easily in a fight.
Baking as a hobby is just to fill in the need for gluttony and pleasure. Which is good in moderation, and something ai cant really beat. Although baking isnt something im interested as its not something that can be mogged with.
>>
>>77244087
>Are there any hobbies which an AI wont be able to do better?
Driving/racing.

>inb4 but Ai c4N d0 t4th t0o
Believe me when I say it can't when actually pushed to the limit. Or in a chaotic +10M megacity.

If you've ever done spirited driving, or know a thing or two about racing techniques and traction management you'd know how ridiculously hard it is to drive fast at the cars limit. There is a reason most F1 and other top series world champions are scandinavians, finnish specifically. Because those guys learn, almost as fucking toddlers, to sense a cars balance and traction in snow and other very poor grip conditions.

AI cannot do that yet as far as I know, and once again a self-driving car driving in a perfectly clean, orderly and non-congested suburbia doesn't count. Try making it drive itself, unassisted in New York, Moscow, Mumbai, Sao Paulo, Beijing or Mexico City. All monstrously large and chaotic cities where only a human could accurately and predictably deal with the unpredictabilities, weather conditions and varied visual cues of such places.

Besides it'd be a legal nightmare once rhe AI runs someone over.
>>
>>77245114
Good job anon. Thanks for the suggestion
>>
>>77244825
More muscle mass/more strength is correlated with a longer life span, slower aging, and lower insulin resistance? There's literally no downside to being strong and fit. Notice how I didn't say anything about muscles or bodyfat percentage or abs. You'll probably ignore this post or say something equivalent to "no u" because you are a fucking depressed autist.

Unironically seek God through nature, music, food, other natural beauty in the world or from anything the human body can perceive. "Be the very best at it" how fucking old are you?
>>
right now you are being brainmogged by being retarded
>>
File: 1712458320103614.png (664 KB, 943x720)
664 KB
664 KB PNG
>>77244087
Make TASes for obscure games/obscure ways to complete a game. People think TASes are AIs playing the game but they're nowhere near able to master a complex 2D platformer yet, and they're not creative enough to come up with strategies to speedrun. AI is best at strategy ames with a relatively few possible moves like chess and and Go. A game of VVVVVV for example has way more possible moves than any chess game.
>>
>>77245288
Dont start no uing right now. You literally said competitive BODYBUILDING which is a discipline that is about getting as much muscle as possible. Which I find to be not really practical nor impressive. Bodybuilding is also associated with increased cardiac problems and endocrine system dysfunctions which is anything but longevity. Most bodybuilders that were known of have died due to roiding. Bodybuilding is kind of antifitness actually. But yeah, go ahead and be a contrarian in my thread you cunt.
And seeking god, you dont seem like a godman yourself. So it makes me wonder what authority you have if you probably dont even follow your own words. I need suggestions, not devil advocates wanting to make arguments out of everything. I am 20 btw
>>77245325
Read above my friend
>>77245454
Perhaps TASes were like that a few years ago, but now machine learning and AI models have beaten a lot of the speed run games. Trackmania bots can already destroy top players. Geometry Dash bots can already play better than the best player: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG8ezKfmHxc . And Mario tases already have machine learning ai finding strats and times easily.
>>
>>77245534
Show me an AI tying or beating a WR TAS for SMB. Geometry Dash is extremely simple and has no interesting things to TAS as far as I understand. What do you mean trackmania bots? Link?
>>
>>77244165
Your fucked. If your a creative you'll never be satisfied, you'll always see the little imperfections in your work that you can't work out how to fix. You'll hear the suboptimal notes, see the off colors, you'll never master your craft cause you'll never consider yourself a master. If your a scientists your also fucked, because the computer will always be able to run calculations faster, identify patterns faster, process input and output faster, our lack of limitations makes our thought process suboptimal for these tasks where as computers can be optimized. You'll either never feel like the best even if you are, or you'll just never be the best. This is the nature of life, seek contentedness and make great things.
>>
if that was you how would you try to respond is all set up
>>
>>77244087
I think your giving AI more credit on what it can actually do (right now) and are also thinking that most people actually care if an AI can do it better then a human, which with the exception of maybe art, most people don't care that an AI could do it better. Computers can beat the best at chess since the mid 90's, yet tons of people play chess and being a grandmaster today is still a major accomplishment for example.

Might wanna try fishing if you have the patience for it and don't mind a factor of luck in the hobby. Getting a record for the biggest fish caught is something that you don't even need to compete in some international competition for, and there's tons of places you can fish at. Your record could be a small as the biggest crappie caught at the local pond or something as insane as the biggest swordfish ever caught in the Atlantic or some shit.

When i fish I don't give a fuck about any of the above, but it can be a relaxing way to kill an afternoon while shitposting and smoking weed.
>>
>>77245560
>SMB
There hasnt been much development in Mario AI speed runs. But its entirely within the capability of modern AI to do and its only a matter of time before someone does so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQitI066aI0
>trackmania
Here it is. The ai is able to destroy world record holders with ease: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kojH8a7BW04
>>77245593
Oh well man. That does bring me comfort, but that doesnt quench my desire to move the absolute fuck out of everyone
>>77245595
I would tell the OP that I feel the same
>>77245624
Fishing isnt really a moggable hobby. Its kinda just a means to an end which is getting food or impressing hoes with it. Fishing isnt challenging
>>
i actually hate you retards
>>
im legit attracted to people like this and it has nothing to do with any of these
>>
>>77245877
What sex are you and what are you attracted to exactly?
>>
>>77245943
Bumperino catterino footarino
>>
File: 1589177317816.jpg (200 KB, 1080x1590)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>77244087
in order to be better than ai u have to understand what it is and what it is not
ai is THE UNIVERSE just like us
it was NOT MADE BY HUMANS
it is associations of NATURAL CAUSE AND EFFECT just like your emotions
to know how to defeat AI you must know how to defeat YOURSELF and you must know how people in the PAST defeated THEMSELVES and COMMUNICATED WITH THE UNIVERSE TO DEFEAT THEMSELVES
you must know EVERY emotional pattern and victory
every schizo cave and canyon every fucking cliff in your psychic mind just as you must walk q impossible road in a real adventure
>>
>>77246448
And how do you do that anon?
>>
File: 1588447579810.jpg (561 KB, 700x885)
561 KB
561 KB JPG
>>77246552
remember the past and future are just a DIMENSION like a texture of the same staircase the stairs are different but the game doesnt change until u get to your floor and time is HUGE so how the hell did we even leave a step down
its not schizo thoughts nigga itd thr FUCKING UNIVERSE there is no wrong schizo thoughts only incomplete perspectives
>>
>>77246601
Ok but do you have a guide? Youre being kinda cryptic anon. Cryptic words are kinda too ambiguous and can lead to the wrong path. Just tell me a detailed guide or something.
>>
File: 1589985253137.jpg (66 KB, 538x720)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>77246617
IT IS THE GUIDE AAAAAAAAAAAAAA HOW THE FUCK DO U NOT SEE U FUCKING AIR ZODIAC PEICE OF SHIT
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
UR ACTUALLY TRIGGERING ME FR IT IS THE GUIDE IT IS THE GUIDE HOLY SHIT
okay u want not cryptic u want simple easy rules okay let me translate
YOU CAN GO WRONG WITH SIMPLE TOO holy fuck air zodiacs man
>>
>>77246647
Just tell me it simply with no caps lock, step by step. Hoy shit anon, how difficult can it be?
Also, Im not an air zodiac so youre completely wrong on that.
>>
File: 1592452459719.gif (573 KB, 450x203)
573 KB
573 KB GIF
>>77246692
step by step removes the intuitive meaning and unfortunately we live in an intuitive universe with intuitive machines and intuitive objectives
to find your intuition you need to make associations which DONT EXIST
>>
>>77246722
I know how to defeat myself. I can just shoot myself or jump off a bridge. That doesnt really mean much. Youre being too vague anon, at least tell me what the first two steps are
>>
>>77244087
No as per Yoshua Bengio(pbuh)'s own words AI still can't into high- level concepts which is why it can never truly understand the words "OP is a faggot" in the same depth that you can. Congratulations OP you still the realest and bestest
>>
Why must you be better at others in any chosen art? Why can't you just make something? Artists who worry about being better than other artists were NGMI it in the first place.
>>
>>77247772
Even if it doesnt fundamentally understands, it still does better in art. So who cares.
>>77247801
Because I want to be the very best, that no one ever was
>>
>>77248357
No by virtue of it's inability to truly understand words and ideas you mog it in le reading
>>
>>77249751
Well It's not like I can understand what I'm reading most of the time so MEH MEH MEH
>>
>>77249947
Why did you turn into a goat
>>
>>77249751
I dont think that means much if I cant do extraordinary things with it
>>77249976
You replied to a poser anon
>>
Maybe games? Chess has been solved but there's still Go.
Cooking is another one ai will always be incapable of. The only person who knows how you like food is you. They could get close if you gave it feedback every time and a ridiculous number of iterations. That would be insanely expensive, and not apply to anyone else so there's no reason for them to bother with it. Should be safe.
The concept of being better is flawed though. Even the Olympics, which should be purely about genetics and nothing else bans performance enhancing drugs. So it's a fake event that completely ignores the main thing it's supposed to compare. Or women's events. The difference between women and women in performance at anything is similar to the difference between man and machine. If you really had to that's two different copes to soothe the ego. Competition is fake and they arbitrarily makeup bullshit divisions to further obfuscate any semblance of competition.
>>
>>77250399
Go has also been already solved.
You may be right about competition thoughever. Still, my urge to mog my opposition is very strong.
>>
>>77244087
It's not a hobby to begin with if you make it a competition. Also, your point regarding sports is retarded. On one hand, you state an argument that is wholly biased and even more unrelated to your query regarding AI. On the other, you say AI will do sports better, but nobody will ever invest into the hardware to fluently keep up with the AI. Even if, that shit would get destroyed and carry some HUGE maintenance costs with it. There is going to be a trade-off between the fluidity of motion and the durability of the hardware, so sports are pretty secure when it comes to AI, at least on the athlete's side. You CAN make arguments about nutritionists and coaches dying out because of AI assisted training, which is a good thing if you ask me. Athletes are too retarded for their own good and often end up with some hacks and scammers, wasting their talents doing the most useless training imaginable.
>>
>>77244087
AI music lacks soul and creativity
>>
>>77244087
This reads like 12yo autist
>>
>>77244165
>>chess
Not true, good players can beat stockfish 15
>>
>>77244087
Doesn't sound like you're talking about just a "hobby" more like a "pursuit" something that has more intention and fulfillment than what we typically ascribe to the term "hobby".

If you want to be better than AI, you should be able to think of what a human can do better on your own. Otherwise, you're structuring yourself around the data directly fed to you by others. Not any better than an AI.

To an extent, humans are AI-like though its more "respectful" to the order of events to say the inverse (AI, artificial intelligence is modeled after "an intelligence"), but currently, we are innately different from AI in a fairly obvious, simple way.

Think about that difference and what it allows us to do differently than AI -- than anyone else. It's not necessarily "better" (though that's not really what you were getting at by including music and art in your list; what I interpret you were really getting at was), but it cannot be easily replicated.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.