[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>the job gap gets bigger every day but I'm still not getting any interview calls
>>
I'm glad my folks have a family business so I can just lie about any job gaps I have. Otherwise I wouldn't even bother trying to escape being a hiki neet for an entire decade post college
>>
File: 1701894150837202.jpg (56 KB, 620x1024)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
lying on your resume is easy and you should do it. the problem is young guys who never had jobs don't know what to lie about. just make up some references about a job you have experience in. no body actually checks references except psychos
>>
File: jobs Ive applied to.png (6 KB, 240x166)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
I know that feeling brother
>>
>>77256824
can't u start a business from scratch or just try joining tiny startups? U've to start showing some experience on ur resume right?
>>
>>77256824
You want a job, but you don't NEED a job.
What you need is to PLAP PLAP PLAP tight virgin teenage pussy. I know it, you know it.

A job won't do shit you'll still be miserable
>>
>>77256824
>graduating with a computer science degree because promised job security
>all friends that have graduated cannot get a job

should I end it now?
>>
>>77257286
OP here, I'm also a codemonkey and I even have experience but it's still hard to get a job because of high competition in this field
>>
>>77257883
>>77257286
>>77257151
It's crazy how much learning to LE code has been a complete dead end.
>>
>>77257891
It's gonna be even worse in a few years with AI replacing programmers
>>
>last time I worked was 2015
feels like I owe a debt of pain and its going to ask me to pay up real soon
>>
>>77257891
I'm 24, bachelors in cs, 1 yoe. Cannot find a job no matter what I do. Is it too late to change to something else? If so, where do I go?
>>
I applied to do security. Said they'd text me in half an hour if interested, but it's been 40 minutes. Guess it's back to Indeed for me.
>>
>>77258330
>>77257930
>>77257891
kek, I'm glad I want with cybersecurity and cloud instead of cs. Perhaps I'm still done for, but it looks completely over for you folks.
>>
>>77256986
the job I just got 100% checked my references
>>
File: 1665577122036020.jpg (182 KB, 960x538)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>77257188
>A job won't do shit you'll still be miserable
Facts. God hates me so he only lets me have a job when I don't have a girl, and he only lets me have a girl when I don't have a job. I'm about to get laid finally and guess what, I'm fuckin jobless once again.
>>
Sooner or later this has to implode on itself. Something has to change. Even if it's as small as the law making fake job posting illegal. Something has to be done.
>>
File: ziohazard.png (370 KB, 1145x1430)
370 KB
370 KB PNG
>>77261275
It's a giant con to trick (((investors))) because the Ponzi scheme we call our economy relies on infinite growth, so anything to the contrary is treated as a cardinal sin. Telling the truth about how you have a hiring freeze because you can't afford more payroll would scare off (((shareholders))) and tank your stock value. But if you tell a half-truth about how you are looking to fill over 1000 openings that keeps (((shareholder))) confidence high. Just don't let anyone find out you have zero intention of filling those openings you've been recycling on job boards for the last year.

I recently snapped at an HR roastie about this
>went through several rounds of interviews with a company for a really good job that is tailor-made for my resume
>hiring manager loves me, says his team is drowning in work and they are desperate for help
>after the final interview with him, the department manager and a team member he tells me I am 1 of 3 finalists and he'll let me know his decision within a week, whether I get the job or not
>says due to how busy his team is and how fast the department is growing he might even get approval for 2 hires
>feeling really good about my chances, think I'm finally catching a break after being out of work for over a year
>week passes
>don't hear from him
>get call from HR roastie handling the position
>"hello anon, sorry to break the bad news but unfortunately the position has been closed due to budget concerns"
>"seriously? from everything (hiring manager) said it sounded like things are going well and he really needs more manpower"
>"unfortunately we had some unforeseen financial problems so there is a company-wide hiring freeze in place, best wishes in your job search"
>"unfortunately best wishes won't pay my fucking bills" and hang up on her
>>
File: 1689397536992639.png (26 KB, 220x289)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>77261419
I can't afford to get an expensive certificate / bootcamp for a few months and then do a several week interview process if the result is that I'm getting scammed regardless. Surely a single politician in the United States could possibly align with this.
>>
>>77261419
>showing emotion
cringe and locked
>>
File: 1708820389627651.png (14 KB, 197x214)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>77261600
Forgot to even mention my bachelor's of arts in general studies. Or my minor in Japanese. Fun cute little icebreaker fact! I speak Japanese semi-fluently. Still kinda three quarters of the way there, you know, had to learn more about this tech field that I'm interested in working in. Coooool riiiight. Yeah, basically, I went to college.

So anyway, oh yeah I'm aware that having no feedback for me is actually a good thing! I know, wow, that's crazy. I loved this interview process and would look forward to any opportunities to work with you in the future. Let's keep in touch. Thanks for YOUR time, again.
>>
>>77261600
You can try applying while you're in the process of earning certs, just include that on your resume and in interviews. That way maybe the timing will work better.
>>77261633
I usually don't but I've dealt with so many HR roasties over the last year. I'm just sick and tired of their games and all the Jewry in the job market constantly fucking me over.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.