[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

AI generated art will shut down art schools experts warn
>>
>>77256831
>experts are suggesting
>>
File: Screenshot_4.png (703 KB, 831x560)
703 KB
703 KB PNG
>>77256831
>I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?
>>
Experts warn my cock is soon to shuttle into your asshole at lightspeed
>>
>>77256831
Experts soon warn that Jeffery Epstein will come back from the dead and battle jared from Subway to the death then random floating cocks will stab them death.
>>
>>77256862
>artists struggle with fingers and try to hide their character's hands
>Ai struggles with fingers and can't seem to draw them
> a common reality check in lucid dreaming is to look at your hand because hands in dreams look fucked up and have multiple fingers
>Ai has an often bizarre, dreamy look to it, especially Ai videos
https://youtu.be/h0UUhUZ7mkE?feature=shared
bros, there are 2 striking similarities between Ai and how human minds function.
>>
>>77256831
>I support the degradation of the human spirit because it makes me laugh when I see other people suffer
>>
Art schools exist to syphon money from rich kids, they will be fine
>>
>>77256831
I've seen what art schools produce.

If this is the shit they're cooking, then I'm perfectly fucking fine with them shutting down.
>>
>>77256831
Art schools don't teach you how to make art
They exist to get easy money from the parents of rich kids
>>
File: hulkout.png (534 KB, 1920x1080)
534 KB
534 KB PNG
>>77256831
Call me when it can make NSFW hulk outs
>>
>>77258200
Average TG/TF art be like
>>
File: powerful.jpg (41 KB, 599x649)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>77256831
Oh no! Not my CalArts adult cartoon goyslop!
>>
>>77259235
Mfw you won't pay me $150 and wait 3 months for one digital image of a fictional character booping another fictional character on the nose and saying "boop"
>>
>>77259235
What this bullshit in your image fails to mention is how a lot of artists who can draw godly will often have closed commissions because they have entire goddamn backlogs to get to.

That artists might take a LONG time to work on your commission. Or sometimes the artist just can't really complete it so you have to get a refund.

That literally sometimes an artist will just not respond to you AT ALL even though they say that their commissions are opened. This can even happen if you've commissioned from them once. Why it happens is fucking beyond me.

Don't get me wrong though, I've had plenty of positive experiences with commissioning artists in the past, but my god is it taxing to deal with the bullshit that can come with commissioning a drawing.

I just find AI to be useful mainly because I like using it generating characters that I have in mind but I don't exactly feel like commissioning. I've even used it to redesign previous OCs of mine.

I've still commissioned artists though. It's just that I find AI to be plenty useful.
>>
>>77257952
They are both neural networks dumbass, just one is millions of years of with a steady slow evolution and the other is a decade old with exponential evolution.
>>
>>77259235
Whats funny is that unlike most online artists, the Ai won't have a mental fucking breakdown and just not do any work.
>>
>>77256831
OP im gonna need more gens like this
>>
>>77259861
>>77259298
why do people say stuff like this about online artists, does that actually happen? I've commissioned art a bit and each time it was <$50 and done within a few days with no issues. what kind of artists are you people working with
>>
>>77257986
why does this shit exist?
>>
>>77260176
I've worked with a few (3D) artists. Wanted some Megaman Legends styled characters, genuinely shouldn't take more than a few hours of work and I was offering $120.
First artist ghosted me entirely and I had to charge back to get my money.
Second one was on fiverr and he ghosted me until the very last day it was due and then asked for it to be canceled because he had 'personal health issues' then he closed his account, I checked his twitter out (was linked on his fiverr page) and he had a pinned tweet saying he was taking 'emergency commissions' to help 'pay bills'.
Third artist wanted $250 per character (lol) and was extremely rude.
Fourth was a genuine bro and cut me a bulk deal.
So 3/4 experiences were awful.
I don't like AI and I wouldn't use it but I actually wanted to just pay an artist and it took a fucking long time and caused a lot of headache so I empathize with people who see AI as a quick way to get art they want.
>>
>>77260383
>and I was offering $120.
PER CHARACTER I should add.
>>
>>77260383
I mean 3D stuff is a bit different to my understanding doesn't it involve quite a bit more effort?
but also that's a very male dominated fanbase/area so it's just the dudes. the ones I got art from were all blatantly girls, even the ones that didn't have it outright in their bios you can tell by their typing styles and excessive cutesy emoji use.
>>
File: 34952.png (112 KB, 750x650)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
>>77260432
>doesn't it involve quite a bit more effort?
It depends on the style really. Here's an example of the kind of models I was commissioning. The 3d aspect is dead simple, made up entirely of simple shapes and textured with simple shading and colors.
I wasn't even asking for them to be rigged, although honestly rigging something like this is also extremely easy.
Truthfully though I haven't commissioned any 2d artwork so I can't speak much to that.
>>
This is a good thing, art schools produce uncreative people who just copy the techniques, styles, and opinions of others and completely defeat the point of art itself.
t. artist
>>
>>77260493
>The 3d aspect is dead simple, made up entirely of simple shapes and textured with simple shading and colors.
why not just make it? desu I feel like if I wanted that it'd be worthwhile to just learn blender
>>
>>77260595
I just don't have a lot of spare time these days, wish I did. Years ago I loved doing 3d art but after work I'm burnt out.
>>
>>77260176
>why do people say stuff like this about online artists, does that actually happen?
Usually it's not that bad, but AI art has the advantage of being instantaneous and you don't have to worry about anything being lost in translation.
The issue I have with a lot of artists is that they've become Twitter and social media first and foremost, so they reduce everything to whether it will get them likes or not. It sucks when someone turns down your comm idea or doesn't reply outright only to draw another picture of Princess Peach or [insert fotm trend/character here].

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.