[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: goals.jpg (27 KB, 435x398)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
Are you looking forward to anything in the near or long term?

I think literally the only things I have to look forward to in my life are new video games and advances in AI technology. Although video games mostly stopped being fun for me years ago, and AI tech is a gimmick that gets boring quickly.
Given the first 25 years of my life I'm not really expecting anything good or meaningful to ever happen to me, so I'm just trying to look for escapism to be excited about numbing myself with.
>>
File: Happens to the best of us.jpg (127 KB, 1199x1161)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>77259988
I've moved recently and have many projects I need to do. They range between 'looking forward to' and 'mild dread', but the way out is through.

>waiting for games and tech
This AI garbage is a bubble now like the blockchain was, though AI will still be used in some sectors at least as opposed to none (short of btc and eth, the rest of the shitcoins don't count).
Try new things, volunteer, take trips outside of your city/state/country, increase your humanity. Games are still fun though.
>>
Nope just elden ring DLC I guess.
>>
File: vegeto.jpg (322 KB, 739x770)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
>>77259988
ye, plenty. I'm actively working on numerous skills on a consistent basis, skills that will take a long time to git gud at. I just sorta like 'em. I look forward to being really good at them and being able to show others how to do them, partially so i can show off a little, and partially because i find it fun teaching/showing people things. It's real validating when people rely on you for help, and you're competent enough to help them. If you really have nothing else going on, i'd recommend trying out martial arts (combat sports) or maybe rockclimbing/bouldering. It's what i'm into now and i think it could do you some good. Stay strong bro
>>
>>77259988
I've been talking to someone on discord these past few months and we've been hitting it off, so I'm looking forward to one day when we hopefully meet up, start properly dating, and maybe eventually get married. But if that doesn't work out, I'll always have more pokemon slop to keep me going if nothing else.
>>
>>77259988
>and AI tech is a gimmick that gets boring quickly.
What the fuck? You're a fucking moron.
>>
>>77261219
You're correct, but I don't see what that has to do with AI chatbots and image generators getting stale after they spit out flawed and samey-feeling outputs.
>>
>>77259988
The projects I work on, mostly game and design oriented. I also have beliefs and didnt fall for the ironic nihilism meme.
No idea if it will work out.
But I work on it all the same,
> But it is ultimately meaningless!
Dont care
>No one will notice it or think of it
Dont care
>But AI will do it better
Dont care
>But money from a real job
Dont care
>What you do is unrealistic, cringe and a waste of time btw
Dont care

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.