[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1705792575301.png (104 KB, 2000x1467)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
What are your thoughts on Spotify? Do you think it's the best streaming music service or there are better options?
>>
>>77263844
gtfo corpo nigger, aint no way im paying to listen to music
>>
>>77263844
i just download music and then listen through a player
>>
>>77263844
>Do you think it's the best streaming music service or there are better options?
Youtube is king. Spotify offers a more streamlined experience however which youtube lacked and then eventually copied.
>>
>>77263844
spotify is for normiefags gtfo
>>
i use the website version of spotify to block ads mostly just so i can get recommendations though
>>
>>77263844
i only use soundcloud
>>
>>77263844
if you just listen to music you like then it doesn't matter, spotify has the best recommendations though (except dj, it literally started playing imbred the other day)
>>
>>77263844
I pirate all of my music. Streaming services are for cucks.
>>
File: IMG_0549.jpg (68 KB, 470x590)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>77263844
i use apple music because my parents pay for a plan functionally they're the same but spotify has better discoverability though i mostly find songs on youtube anyway and more people use spotify so its easier to share playlists with people apple music has better integration with the ios landscape and the essentials playlists are good for getting into a new artist oh yeah soundcloud has a lot of shit that's not on spotify/apple so i use that too
>>
>>77263844
>monthly payments
>artists barely see the money
>free version is unusable on mobile
>at the whims of region-lock
>even without region-lock, music can still be taken down at anytime for whatever reason
>need wifi to listen to the songs
Why anyone streams music is beyond me. I've just got an SD card and pirate all the songs I like. On a rare occasion, I might actually buy a CD, and I promise you that those few CDs I've bought have supported the artists I like far more than spotify does.
>>
>>77263844
i don't have any strong opinions on it, but it's convenient for me
i like it, but for some other stuff, i look on soundcloud and yt, mostly some more "obscure/underground" shit
>>
>>77264282
What is this picture lmao
>>
File: IMG_1295.jpg (57 KB, 500x500)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>77265075
its a pic of lil peep no idea what its from but its def the weirdest in my collection
>>
The best music service is having the actual music file. I use yt-dlp to rip mp3s off the YouTube videos. I use musicolet app to play it because it works on android auto
>>
File: 1593550425940.gif (451 KB, 450x300)
451 KB
451 KB GIF
>>77263844
it's shit and i want to migrate away but i'm lazy and it has all my liked songs etc
i was doubtful about it but the algo was shilled to me and i mistakenly trusted people because the algo is hot garbage and it has gotten even worse over time as they heap more and more junk on their platform like podcasts and audio books
pretty soon i bet it's going to have outright tv shows
youtube is still the best for reccing new songs
soundcloud is for if you want to be on the ground listening to literal whos
spotify's only good features are
>you can listen along and make shared playlists
>which while you can do on other platforms everyone uses spotify
that's it
if you don't wanna listen along then spotify is worthless and a straight downgrade from youtube
can't comment on apple music
>>
>>77263844
its probably the best service imo the curated playlists they make for you are nice, its better about recommending stuff youll like than others

my one complaint is their shuffle isnt a natural shuffle, it has its own algorithms that play the same shit over and over
>>
borderline unusable if you dont pay for premium. ads play too much and play at a higher volume than the actual music itself. plus as a music passion anon artists get paid like shit on there even if they have millions of streams per month. pretty much a jewish platform
>>
>>77263844
use spotify but i don't own spotify and it's always meant you can be humble
>>
I pirate everything the way god intended and dump it in my iPod, been meaning to get a walkman for the longest time but they're expensive af
>>
>>77265691
cringe hipster
>>
I pirate premium. Other than not being able to download stuff for offline I can skip and choose whatever I want. It's alright, but not great compared to a proper pirating setup.
>>
>>77266441
HOW DO YOU PIRATE PERMIUM
PLEASE
Kind anon please help me
>>
>>77263844
no streaming not ever next question
>>
>>77266493
On android xManager https://github.com/Team-xManager/xManager

And on pc spotx or spicetify
https://github.com/SpotX-Official/SpotX
https://spicetify.app/

You can also buy premiumfor really cheap
>>
I use Spotify as a sampler to find music similar to what I like.

Downloading a bunch of shit albums /mu/ recommends and then never listening to them is asinine
Most people who do that are just obsessed with the ritual of hoarding massive amounts of media for its own sake
>>
I used to buy premium when they hit me with the three months for $10 ad. They quit doing that about six months ago when they fired 1500 employees lol
>>
>>77263844
Yep. I use what's convenient. I don't listen to my music on vinyl or pirate it to go on an ipod (ipods are excess consumerism if you have a mobile device or computer).
>>77263904
I don't pay either. Been listening to spotify for years, free of charge.
>>
>>77268176
Also you can get stats fm and wrapped, which is pretty cool for people really into their music
>>
>>77268176
>Been listening to spotify for years, free of charge.
Same idek why people are so surprised when I tell them that I have been using Spotify for free and never had any ads roll up. I always thought this was just the mobile only version and Im only using it on my pc. It has some great recommendations
>>
File: 9608489064.gif (46 KB, 640x516)
46 KB
46 KB GIF
maybe I'm just autistic but I like collecting discs, I appreciate physical media far too much to let it go, I never used any streaming service, all the music I could ever want I bought at thrift stores, disc stores, ebay and amazon
>>
>>77263844
>DRM infested region locked heavily censored nigger cattle platform
I use ViMusic on my phone and download FLAC music on my computer through Deezer and Soulseek.
>>
>>77268259
Where and how do you store your physical stuff anon?
>>
>>77263844
I use Soundcloud because it's coded like shit and easy to exploit in a way where you'll never see any ads until you die (or they fix it)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.