[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why does flirting makes me feel so creepy?
>>
>>77265234
Because you've got no rizz and you can't clap your gyatt
>>
adopt the biden mindset. look at him he doesn't give a fuck how creepy he looks, he does it in front of cameras even. what a chad.
>>
>>77265234
Maybe you see yourself as creepy. Why would that be?
>>
>>77265245
i think like this but never can follow through. i need to stop giving a fuck
>>
File: 4z3rkq.png (615 KB, 1080x810)
615 KB
615 KB PNG
Dunno, you tell me doc.
>>
sorry
>>77265510
was meant to be in reply to >>77265257
>>
>>77265234
Yeah it feels really unnatural and forced. I am not comfortable with having to flirt or make sexual comments because it makes me feel like a scumbag trying to treat women like an object, but at the same time that way of thinking is feminist nonsense, so I don't know what to believe anymore.
>>
>>77265522
>it makes me feel like a scumbag trying to treat women like an object, but at the same time that way of thinking is feminist nonsense, so I don't know what to believe anymore
same here
>>
>>77265234
because you're a beta male.
I see flirting with girls like hunting.
>>
>>77265620
>I see flirting with girls like hunting.
Don't get me wrong. I feel like that too as well. I do somewhat enjoy the "chase". Almost seeing the girl as "quarry", but that also makes me feel guilty.
>>
>>77265587
>>77265522
>>77265234
>Thanks feminism!
>Thanks #metoo
>Thanks parents, teachers, and media for telling me that normal male behavior is wrong
>And a Special big thanks to women in general who after emasculating men then decided that men who aren't arrogant assholes give them the 'ick'

I am so fucking fed up with this world.
>>
>>77265234
I can only flirt with girls who are funny. If she's got a good sense of humor my brain goes into bantz-mode and I can be flirty, but otherwise I just feel so disgustingly creepy.
>>
>>77265731
beyond done with women desu. I'm almost impressed with how good I've become at filtering out bitchy normie women noises.
>>
On a date I have zero problem flirting, it's fucking easy because attraction has already been confirmed. Without that though I feel like I'm imposing my ugly ass upon them without permission, especially considering women are pussies and usually will just "smile and wave" politely rather than tell you to fuck off unless you're particularly imposing.
>>
>>77265257
flirting while unattractive = creepy
OP just doesn't believe girls find him attractive, that's it. Whether or not he's actually attractive in reality doesn't matter. Men today aren't afraid of rejection for its own sake, they're afraid of rejection because they been taught putting a woman on the spot and forcing her to reject you is rude or immoral. So the only men who are willing to do it are either a) extremely confident or b) do not give a shit about how women feel.
>>
File: cart-horse-11.png (144 KB, 646x410)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
>>77265873
>On a date I have zero problem flirting, it's fucking easy because attraction has already been confirmed. Without that though I feel like I'm imposing my ugly ass upon them without permission
What I thought you have to flirt with them in order to get the date? (picrel)
Do you just ask women out cold or something?

desu, I didn't even know that people flirted with someone to let them know they like them, so it's all pretty new to me.

>>77265731
>parents, teachers, and media for telling me that normal male behavior is wrong
this too. My friends and family always gave me the impression that women who fall for the flirting are women of loose morals.
>>
>>77266391
Prior to the date you just suffer through the feeling of being creepy.
>>
>>77265234
probably because you're a creep about it. aka nervous and awkward. that makes flirting seem creepy. it's definitely not what you say. male brain would be like "but i'm not saying anything weird so why is it creepy????" it's called feelings. you make things feel creepy because your feelings make it creepy. your fear and your strange approach make it creepy. that's why. it's not because you're ugly if you are. despite what this board thinks women like if ANY guy knows how to flirt, because nobody does it anymore. only a super bitch would see an ugly guy and be like EWWWWWW. a normal girl would be like ha he had game though. might not fuck him but she wouldn't be creeped out
>okay so what do i do
either never fuck girls or get a xanax prescription and the latter will ruin your life
>>
>>77266391
>Do you just ask women out cold or something?
Almost every experience I've had with a woman started over a dating app, so attraction is always a prerequisite to the conversation. Only got brave enough to ask a girl out IRL once and she had a bf, who it turned out was actually walking just ahead of us without trying to prevent me hitting on his girl lol.
>>
OP here
I think I realize what my problem is.
To me flirting just feels manipulative. It doesn't really tie in with the innocent picture of boy meets girl. I mean in those kind of stories the boy does not "manipulate" the girl into liking him?

Following on, it seems to go against "just bee yourself" meme. I mean are you meant to fucking keep this up all the time as well, like well into a relationship? Sounds exhausting as fuck.
>>
File: biden-photobomb-comp-1.jpg (125 KB, 1200x799)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>77266483
>either never fuck girls or get a xanax prescription and the latter will ruin your life
oh come on man, at least give me something to work with
>>
>>77265731
>>77265522
>>77265587
Honestly the patriarchy oppresses men as well as women
Women should make the first move but don't because of patriarchal norms
And feminism is a servant of Capitalism and relationships are commodified
>>
>>77265234
>>77266737
Maybe think of it as something fun and enjoyable idk?
But my dad literally made a joke about Andrew Cuomo implying I was a creep merely for ASKING him for advice on how to hit on girls so, what do I know?
>>
>>77266737
Tbh man I just see flirty as playful banter, lighthearted teasing and trying to inject a little bit of sexual content into the conversation. It's not manipulative unless you're doing PUA type stuff which is exhausting versus just having fun with a girl.
>>
>>77267113
>Women should make the first move but don't because of patriarchal norms
You've got it backward. Those "patriarchal norms" exist for the purpose of ensuring women don't have to make the first move.
>>
>>77267134
>But my dad literally made a joke about Andrew Cuomo implying I was a creep merely for ASKING him for advice on how to hit on girls so, what do I know?
imagine someone going out of their way to sabotage themselves from having grandchildren
>>
>>77267215
I don't understand what point you are making
Anyways it is our duty to fight for a more just society together and deconstruct and dismantle these oppressive hierarchies
>>
>>77267467
Maybe I am just seen as the subhuman black sheep of the family after my brother had a son just recently idk
>>
>>77267528
I'm saying that what you consider "the patriarchy" is actually designed for women by women, and so it will never be dismantled.
>>
>>77265522
Women like being desired. Don't let anybody tell you they don't. What they don't like is dehumanizing attention. If you're respectful, a good listener, and show interest in actually getting to know them I've found they're actually very receptive to positive attention.

Thing is they see through "your hair looks good today" and the like and they absolutely get the ick when a guy brings up sex in vulgar terms or just generally implies he's looking at her like a piece of meat.

But make eye contact, keep a soft expression,and show genuine interest in them and women are amazingly forgiving of mens flaws.

>>77265657
It sounds manipulative, but everybody's got their strategies. Even women. I knew a girl who used to "accidentally" drop something so she could bend over in front of guys she liked. Women see through a lot of men's dumb little methods and moves, but if you're charming in other ways they'll happily play along. And they might even be trying to their own tricks on you, keep in mind.

Like everyone knows what "wanna come back to my place" means, but people still say yes.
>>
>>77267657
That's ridiculous and "women" are not the ones who "design society"
Rather it is a function of the interface of Capital and how it recruits 'tradition' to serve its interests of accruing power and preserving hegemony
>>
>>77265234
i wish i was joe biden
>>
>>77266391
Once you hit 30 or so people get a lot more straightforward with asking each other out. I've had better results just flat out messaging "want to get coffee?" on hinge than I have trying to be "witty"
>>
>>77267911
My friend, who do you think controls the finances in most households and spends the most time raising and imparting traditions to their children?
>>
>>77265587
Bro don't worry about what some sex hating prude thinks. At the end of the day everyone is in a relationship because at some point somebody was willing to be a little risque with somebody else.

If I was to listen to hashtag feminists nobody would approach women anywhere, but ask people you know how they met their partner and its almost always they worked together or the guy went up to her at a bar or some random shit.

I get that for women getting hassled by awkward, horny, guys all the time is tiring as shit. But at the same time they know as well as anybody else that if guys never approached women they'd end up alone.

Yeah you get prudes on r/twoxchromosomes going "yeah but I want men to leave me alone!" but we call them prudes for a reason. Somebody politely asking you out at the library or something might be annoying at the moment, but in the big scheme of things it is NOT an actual problem and most women know this.

I live in New York. I get asked for money all the time. I don't go home and write a blog about how horrible the homeless are for wanting a sandwich.
>>
>>77268022
>ask people you know how they met their partner and its almost always they worked together or the guy went up to her at a bar or some random shit.
Literally every guy I know either met his girlfriend on a dating app or she approached him.
>>
>>77267539
>Maybe I am just seen as the subhuman black sheep of the family
If any consolation my mother thinks I'm not suited to relationship either.
>>
op here again.
It's all combing back to me now I've had a little to think about it.

I work in software/IT, like most of the people here that actually have a fucking job.
My company is mainly Indian. Seeing them flirting with women makes my skin fucking crawl.
Especially the canned "oh you!" mock friendly response the waitresses give, when really they just want the guy to fuck off and die.
>>
>>77268528
Yeah watching other people flirt is always gross.
>>
>>77265245
I think groping and flirting are different
>>
File: DyIqr0zWoAACWwX.jpg (49 KB, 800x450)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>77268022
>Somebody politely asking you out at the library or something might be annoying at the moment, but in the big scheme of things it is NOT an actual problem and most women know this.
That's not what Gillette thinks.
>>
File: FoAEZo2aQAAZwkk.png (17 KB, 427x400)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>77268576
>groping and flirting are different
really?
they actually tell you to initiate contact in the reddit threads
>>
>>77268528
I'd also like to blame the jews.
Hitting on girls always puts the image of Joey saying "how you doing?"

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.