[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

i tried on a cosplay and it looks hideous, i want to cry
>>
>>77267739
What chara did you cosplay?
>>
>>77267752
i cosplayed picrel, chen
>>
>>77267761
Chen foreva
What went wrong?
>>
Need to buff up and get some muscles to pull off a good Chen cosplay
>>
>>77267739
are you perhaps a tranny? or a man?
>>
>>77267802
the wig was too light, the shirt went all weird whenever i lifted my arms up, the tails wouldn't stay upright and the ears were weird
>>77267825
i need to hit the gym..
>>77267992
bio F, am da konata postr
>>
File: 307lalbhg7db1.jpg (238 KB, 2002x1100)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
>>77268032
in that case the cosplay you bought might just be very low quality
and also usually cosplayers add 300x filters to look better
>>
>>77268049
it wasn't low quality, it was quite expensive and nice actually. i think the only low quality thing is me
>also usually cosplayers add 300x filters to look better
not really unless you're referring to the typical popular chinese cosplayer in which case ya .. filters r abused. but even normal congoers look fine
>>
>>77268087
maybe youre just being to harsh on yourself then.
you might not think you look good in it but others could think otherwise
where did you get the cosplay from?
>>
File: l1o7vxg62vq71.jpg (58 KB, 1792x828)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>77268107
forgor hu tao (originally)
>>
>>77268087
>the only low quality thing is me
shut up
ur so stupid, you're cute !!
>>
>>77268107
hopefully that's the case, admittedly i am a bit too self critical. i wanted to wear i out to a convention some time! it could also do for some tweaking which i'll get right to.
>where did you get the cosplay from?
i got it from taobao! they have smaller companies that make amazing cosplays. mine was a lolita-cosplay one (?)
>>77268163
THANKU.. i will keep the positive reassurance in mind!!!!!!
>>
>>77268253
>i wanted to wear i out to a convention some time!
its fun, i talk from experience so definetly give it a shot!
>i got it from taobao! they have smaller companies that make amazing cosplays.
huh ive never heard of that one. is this the first time you try to cosplay a character?
>admittedly i am a bit too self critical.
if you need an opinion from someone else, i can always judge fairly. and i guess i know slightly more than the average guy about cosplay i guess
>>
>>77267739
you have an invaluable asset. you are self aware of your own faggotry.
>>
File: 1711343910522821.png (314 KB, 640x642)
314 KB
314 KB PNG
>>77268032
>bio F, am da konata postr
Only asian people look good in cosplays, if you are not asian you are out of luck
>>
>>77268310
>is this the first time you try to cosplay a character?
no but it's definitely my first high quality cosplay. i've cosplayed a bit before including a few other touhou girls but would still consider myself a baby cosplayer. i've worn my cosplay out once for a con and it was really fun. i want to experience that again!
>if you need an opinion from someone else, i can always judge fairly.
that would be nice. unfortunately i don't have a good enough cosplay photo as i already took it off but here's me showing and messing with the bell:
https://imgur.com/a/QwW0VES
the arm sleeve looks a bit weird here. i also got a pettiskirt for the skirt as it needed a bit more floof but it looked too weird? i know i'm sitting but do you think i could go without it? i was planning to ask /cgl/ but people seem mean there
>>77268356
alas too self aware .. i need this ability taken away from me
>>77268380
i'm asian but russian girls tend to be good cosplayers
>>
File: 48e2zf5rxco91.jpg (1.95 MB, 4960x5616)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB JPG
>>77268638
>that would be nice
i dont see anything wrong with it, the clothes look really nice too. i think its really cute!
what made you think you dont look good in it?
>i know i'm sitting but do you think i could go without it?
kinda hard to tell, but i dont think you'd look bad if you went without. also the sleeve looks just fine!
>i've worn my cosplay out once for a con and it was really fun. i want to experience that again!
thats really cool! ive only done it once too, although if i had money for more cosplays and train tickets id do it more often...
>>
>>77268638
Looks fine to me, what convention are you wearing it too?
>>
Cosplay is always horrible, you're trying to put a 2d costume on an ugly 3d body.
>>
>>77268761
>what made you think you dont look good in it?
i think you just have to see it in actual movement to realize? it just felt awk and a bit chuddy ehe.. also constant tucking in of the inner shirt or else it looked weird. but i'm feeling a bit better about it.
i definitely need bloomers or at least a smaller petticoat.
>ive only done it once too
who have you cosplayed before? luckily i live in a city so cons are a bit more accessible. all my money goes to cosplay and merch!
>>77268792
>what convention are you wearing it too?
shhhh.. that's a secret anon!!
>>77268806
don't care, i'm still transforming into animu gril
>>
>>77268938
I've worn cosplays to a few conventions, Reimu and Marisa. It's part of the fun. Maybe you're going to the same one as me soon? The inner shirt on Chen is always a bit small and they're made for tiny asian girls.
>>
File: 6ik84k15el391.jpg (1.05 MB, 2896x4096)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>>77268938
>who have you cosplayed before?
dante from dmc3, i even got his rebellion sword which i unfortunately couldnt even bring in the con because it was a real one and not made of cardboard
>it just felt awk and a bit chuddy ehe
i think wearing a new cosplay for the first time always kinda feels like that for everyone.
>but i'm feeling a bit better about it.
good, because it looks really nice
>>
>>77268969
>I've worn cosplays to a few conventions, Reimu and Marisa.
ahaa! me too nona!! it's really fun yesyes :3
>I've worn cosplays to a few conventions, Reimu and Marisa.
may you tell me which you're planning to attend.? if we're attending the same one i'd like to be friends and go together. i'm going alone
>The inner shirt on Chen is always a bit small and they're made for tiny asian girls.
ahhhh nono it's not they're small! it's just since they're tucked in, whenever i reach up a bit of fabric makes it looser. it looks frumpy that way!
>>77269002
that's awesome desu! a real sword that long sounds super duper cool.
>i think wearing a new cosplay for the first time always kinda feels like that for everyone.
i guess so.. it's just really nervewracking aha. especially when everyone else looks so cool! but it feels really good whenever people come to take pictures of you / talk to you about whatever you're wearing
>>
>>77269116
Cosplay isn't really meant to be mobile or flexible. You pull it into shape for a photo and then it unfurls a bit. Going to a Canadian convention, you?
>>
File: IMG_20220312_112310.jpg (268 KB, 720x902)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
>>77269116
>a real sword that long sounds super duper cool.
its fun to obliterate cardboard boxes with it
>it's just really nervewracking aha. especially when everyone else looks so cool!
yeah it is, i saw a zoro cosplayer last time i went to one and he mogged literally everyone else. it is what it is
>>
>>77269186
ahhhh.. that really sucks. especially since pictures aren't my goal
>Going to a Canadian convention, you?
american sorry :c
>>77269194
>yeah it is, i saw a zoro cosplayer last time i went to one and he mogged literally everyone else.
sounds about right. reminds me abt how i saw a really nice miku cosplayer and couldn't bring up the courage to talk to her T_T just admired from afar while she took professional photos..
>>
File: ltba1n3pm8881.jpg (117 KB, 775x768)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>77269327
>reminds me abt how i saw a really nice miku cosplayer
i love miku
i dunno if ill ever go to a con again unless i find someone to cosplay with it kinda sucks to go alone
>>
>>77269327
Ah that's a shame we aren't going to the same, sorry. Have fun Chen!
>>
>>77269391
i love miku too, i'd cosplay her but i think she's a hard character to pull off.
>i dunno if ill ever go to a con again unless i find someone to cosplay with it kinda sucks to go alone
it does but loads of people go alone and still have fun! it's good to find enjoyment by urself. but. i mainly wanna waste my money in artist alley so it doesn't really matter for me!
>>77269392
dont apologize, it's fine! T_T you have fun too! have an awesom time and stay hydrated
>>
File: 0irisbarvocb1.jpg (885 KB, 2958x4096)
885 KB
885 KB JPG
>>77269468
>i mainly wanna waste my money in artist alley so it doesn't really matter for me!
lol fair enough. im just not very good at talking with people so being with someone i know would probably help i guess
unfortunately cons arent really popular here so its hard to find people that share the same interest.
shouldve been born in the usa
>>
>>77269516
>im just not very good at talking with people so being with someone i know would probably help i guess
same case but i don't have friends i can go with so there's that. i've heard about people making friends at conventions but i don't know how that'd really go.. i've been approached but never made it to friendship level..
>shouldve been born in the usa
where do you live if you don't mind me asking? or too private yet again?
>>
File: 20220804_192237.jpg (138 KB, 1258x1232)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>77269623
>i've heard about people making friends at conventions but i don't know how that'd really go..
yeah i dunno how that would ever work. whenever i go to one everyone seems to already be in a group and it just feels weird to randomly approach people and try to be friends
i just wish it wasnt so hard ffs i just want to make friends!!
>where do you live if you don't mind me asking?
i can tell you on discord if you use it and we could talk there if you wanna, id rather not post it here
>>
>>77269623
What coast are you on? Would you mind sharing a convention room with a boy?
>>
>>77269703
>whenever i go to one everyone seems to already be in a group and it just feels weird to randomly approach people and try to be friends
this is truw.... but for my case it always seemd like they wantd ((more)) so i ended convos promptly. i actually did try to talk to some girls there who were cosplaying from a game i liked but it ended shortly too sighh
>i just wish it wasnt so hard ffs i just want to make friends!!
me too! i wish it was possible to just ask straight up "do you want to be friends?", that's what i always did when i was younger. now i'm clueless.
>i can tell you on discord if you use it and we could talk there if you wanna
i'd like to stay anonymous, i'm sorry. although it's a bit silly since i did already post an irl pic. gahh i'll give you my discord if i end up changing my mind!
>>77269772
>Would you mind sharing a convention room with a boy?
yes sorry, i don't think that would lead to good things.
>>
>>77269952
It could lead to convention friends which is good things
>>
File: GKY1kfqakAAWhQS.jpg (63 KB, 419x680)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>77269952
>but for my case it always seemd like they wantd ((more)) so i ended convos promptly.
ah. yeah i see how that might pretty annoying.
>i actually did try to talk to some girls there who were cosplaying from a game i liked but it ended shortly too sighh
heh... i know your pain. there was another dante cosplayer, but his cosplay was from dmc5 and it was really, really cool. i wanted to talk to him and like start a conversation but i didnt even manage to do that
>i'd like to stay anonymous
thats okay, lmk if you change your mind
think ima go sleep now its pretty late over here thanks for the nice conversation!
>>
>>77270043
maybe if you reincarnated into a girl anon.. i'd accept then
>>77270063
> i wanted to talk to him and like start a conversation but i didnt even manage to do that
as many such cases ;__; hopefully we'll both gain the courage next con! i believe in us!!
anyways, goodnight!
>>
>>77270149
Are you only into girls? Is that why?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.