[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: me and who.jpg (159 KB, 1472x1088)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
Day 2. Conducting a job search, anon? Vent and/or journal about your experience here.
>>
Captain's Log, Day 2
Had my first interview today. The HR manager was the friendliest I've ever dealt with, she makes it feel like I have a chance but all my experience tells me that means nothing. I do feel like I flubbed a question about how I ended up leaving my previous job, made it sound like it was kind of bad terms when it wasn't. If there's a follow-up interview, that means nothing, it's if there's a final interview after that I can start getting hopeful. Until that contingency, I just have to keep my head down and apply to more shit, as much as I can. I refuse to get comfortable.
>>
>>77267898
Week 5 here. Only put out like 19 and so far only I only heard back from one which of course was a rejection from my number 1 first pick. Everyone else just has me "in review" or is ghosting me. I did have a handyman ask for my phone number and offer to contract out to me if he ran into any computer problems though so at least I'm not a total loser
>>
>>77267898
I feel like i'll be more active in this thread
I hate my job. I am a datacenter technician, i am supposed to fly from my country around Europe to fix servers. The new datacenter where my company moved servers will be doing that for free, so very soon i will be out of a job, and i will need to find another one. Where the fuck do i even start? i am overqualified for this shit, yet because i am young, noone would want to fly me to fuck knows where. Fucking kill me

I talked with someone that is looking for workers, but his salary is wayy too tiny compared to what i earn now

-Vampirefag
>>
>>77267946
It makes me wonder if, even within the era of Internet applications, people used to be more considerate and at least contact you to tell you no. Nowadays even that only happens like 10% of the time.

>>77267977
I relate strongly to being treated like I have no experience because I'm young (mid 20s). People acting like "you're welcome for the interview experience" basically, like yeah, thanks.
>>
>>77268045
try being 19 and earning 3 times the salary in the shithole i live in

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.